Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. (51970 Views)

Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? / Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility / Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 19, 2015
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Otigba1: 10:50pm On Apr 19, 2015
The calculation of revenue from oil is not as simplistic as that. Recall that the iInternational oil companies hold an average of 40% on the acreages as such you need to discount that from the calculation. In doing so however government revenue will be only Petroleum Profit Tax and Royalty. You first have to remove the cost of production which in some terrain is as high as $20/barrel. The balance 60% is for govt equity in the Joint Venture operations and you repeat the Math. Here you will see some profit oil beyond POT and Royalty. Lets be careful when we crank ip numbers. The marginal field operators will only remit PPT and Royalty to govt.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
Obiagelli:

Read my post again. How much has gej saved under record oil prices? I based my calculations at 60 dollars pb while gej enjoyed 120 dollars.
Forget what Jonathan enjoyed. Your calculation is silly. Factor in State and Local Government allocations, then budget for External Reserves, Subsidy, Excess Crude and Debt Management. Do not pretend to be stupid, you are not stupid.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
1wolex85:

it's actually 95% of revenue AFTER COST.
Interesting
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by ekolina(m): 10:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
Obiagelli:
Other links,

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigeria-produces-2-5mbpd-of-crude-oil/154098/

If my maths failed me anywhere, please correct me, i don dey old o.
. What you did is just to calculate the revenues without calculating the expenses done by NPC, DPR, Npdc and other paraster that constitute our oil companies. Also note that, the estimated 2.3 million barrels is not all exported a percentage is left for local consumption. If you look at monthly allocations to States and federal govt you should be able to deduce from there what we earn as a nation

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by ALISMILE(m): 10:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
Truckpusher:
Boy , if you ever believed those values then you're a mor0n. grin
explain why he shud nt believe!
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by hope4nigeria(m): 10:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
Obiagelli:

You are free to check my links.
op stop ague with them,they were Gej till 2019 crew members!now that they'v failed ,they will never see anything good abt GMB,you can never convince them to see the trut, they will alway prophecise doomed into thier house hold, intead of praying for the incoming government to suceed, they will be criticising wrongly when he's yet to even take power! but they will never reject any good coming from GMB.these same e-rodents will be the 1st to attend interview If GMB release embago on employment, yet they will condem him because of thier evil mind. just free them. LAGOON will be thier end point.
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
kenonze:

Did u vote for GMB?
The ans is NO.
Why are u worried about his promises.
Na we vote am,
We no dey complain weda e do am or not.
What we are interested is simple.......
1: kill corruption
2: fix our roads and dying school system.
3: electricity

Every other thing shall fall in place.
We are nigeria.
We are not lazy.
He shld just give us the aforementioned, we gonna sort other things out

we for this side we need that 5k badly.
anything short of that, wahala go dey.
abeg who get twitter account make i start #babawhilewaitngforyoutostabiliseoilpricetryandpaythe5k#

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by kaboninc(m): 10:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
Obiagelli:

Since when did FIRS start collecting crude oil revenue?

Btw using words like breaking it down to my level does not make you any smart. Go and read the FIRS link.

See her still arguing?

Please STOP talking and START reading!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
1wolex85:

it's actually 95% of revenue AFTER COST.
Please can you shed more light on this, do you mean that the Fg gets 95% while the oil companies get 5%. I generously gave the oil companies 40 % in my analysis
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by 9jagoodman: 10:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
This woman will not cease to amaze me.
No wonder she nail the coffin on our education sector and ran to the church.
She wants to come back to kill what was left

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by taharqa: 10:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
AdamsTJ:
Wow!!! Interesting, this is a really good analysis... I hope the big guys are taking a glimsp at this lovely analytic prescribtion...

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by kaboninc(m): 10:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
hope4nigeria:
op stop ague with them,they were Gej till 2019 crew members!now that they'v failed ,they will never see anything good abt GMB,you can never convince them to see the trut, they will alway prophecise doomed into thier house hold, intead of praying for the incoming government to suceed, they will be criticising wrongly when he's yet to even take power! but they will never reject any good coming from GMB.these same e-rodents will be the 1st to attend interview If GMB release embago on employment, yet they will condem him because of thier evil mind. just free them. LAGOON will be thier end point.

I tell you, between you and a goat, you'd lead a goat astray.

Gosh!

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by DzTzl(f): 10:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:
Nonsense

go school, you won't go... You can see how buhari certificateless brain is affecting yours.

Just as they say, show me your friend and i will tell you who you are.

I rest my case.

We are watching the miracles...
Ur Moniker says it all!!!
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Volksfuhrer(m): 10:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:
Nonsense

go school, you won't go... You can see how buhari certificateless brain is affecting yours.

Just as they say, show me your friend and i will tell you who you are.

I rest my case.

We are watching the miracles...

Counter her arguments with figures!

It is not enough to say her submission is nonsense, if you can't show us how. It is better to be silent, until you can disprove her claims with your own facts!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:55pm On Apr 19, 2015
jibbish:
one good thing about nairaland politics is that it opens your mind to some critical thinking in the right direction. am of the opinion that GMB will perform. all PDP stalwarts can start looking from outside and see APC perform the same magic that was performed in Lagos that made it an envy of other states.

who deyy envy lagos?
state filled wif 89percent poverty.
abeh wey one CHANCE originate?
wey yahoo yahoo originate?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by newmuzik: 10:55pm On Apr 19, 2015
Obiagelli:
Officially, Nigeria exports 2 million barrels of crude oil
daily. At the current price of 60 US dollars per barrel, that
translates into 120 million US dollars.

120 million x 365day = 43,800,000,000

43 billion dollars @ 60% ( rumoured sharing formula between Nigeria and oil companies)

That means Nigeria makes 25.8 billion dollars annually.

$25.8 billion x 200 naira = 5.1 trillion naira.

Nigeria's 2014 budget was N4.6 trillion meaning we still have about 0.5 trillion naira change.
www.channelstv.com/2014/04/09/nigerian-senate-passes-4-6-trillion-naira-2014-budget/

FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE

Nigeria generated N4.69tn Revenue in 2014

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/firs-generates-n4-69tn-revenue-in-2014/200484/

Adding N4.69 trillion (firs) + 5.1 trillion (crude oil) = 9.79 trillion.

If our budget was N4.6 trillion then we have a balance of 5.1 trillion naira that nobody accounts for.

Barcanista asked where we will find 1.8 trillion to take care of our most vulnerable citizens, this balance of 5.1 trillion will be taken away from the pockets of criminals and militants.

Seun
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
MizMyColi
MzJackBaueress.

EDIT.

I forgot the FG gets 52% of total income, even at that we have a balance of 0.6 trillion naira which is sufficient for the first stage of the social programs.
The APC government has said one of its major income earners is the mining industry.

This plans with financial discipline is very much achievable.

Please note that my analysis is based our major source of income ( oil and taxes), i have not touched other income earnings.

That's not all, how about money generated from Immigrations?
Money generated from NPA (Nigerian Port Authorities)?
Money generated from FRSC (Federal road safety commission)?
Money generated from Customs?

and other parastatals

I tell you, if you get all the facts right you will see that Nigeria earn over N15 trillion annually.
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 19, 2015
kaboninc:

I never had any intention of commenting on nairaland tonight but your comment above made me puke! Damn! I felt some goose pimples and had to correct you.

The price of a barrel of crude is below 60USD, especially the Nigerian flavour. I thought you were complaining about the 'sudden' increase in naira-dollar exchange rate? Saying this government has failed to manage the economy? Now you're using it to validate your analogy (even when it is flawed). You're funny. I wonder what your definition of management is!

Oby, I beg you, please do not post such nonsense/rubbish and term it as fact again especially here in nairaland. Gosh, you're not talking to kids neither are we in the bear palour.

You're insulting our collective intelligence here. Biko!

For God's sake, the FIRS collects all revenues for the Federal Government and that includes the income generated from sales of crude oil. So where is the additional N4.69 trillion from FIRS coming from? Pluto?

In your analogy, you were so ignorant that you forgot to add the COST, EXPENSES incurred in lifting one barrel, processing it and subsequently selling it.

STOP posting rubbish here and labelling it as a FACT! Then again, isn't it amazing that you will spend about 20% - 25% of your national budget (1.8 trillion of 4.6 trillion) on direct consumption when there are urgent needs that require urgent attention? Still, I wonder what your definition of efficient management is! Maybe that's how your party, the APC intends to prune the cost of governance. So pathetic! I hope you know this year's budget is a budget of deficit? (or you don't know too?) Maybe you guys will print more money to execute your pipe project!

I beg you, STOP so that some lazy kids won't come here to pick these fractured information you post here and use it as a basis to argue.

Lastly, God gave us 2 eyes each and a wonderful reasoning component called the brain. Please let's use it.

Cheers.

Cc: anonimi
Interesting,
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 19, 2015
doctokwus:

Thank you.No one is saying some of d social programs ain't ambitious and that along d line,all may not be achieved as stated during d campaign stops, but for anyone to dismiss it outrightly or to believe that Nigeria cannot run a social welfare program for a fraction of our population is being callous,vindictive and mischievous.
We should not forget that fuel subsidy itself is a welfare program and d GEJ govt was spending at a point almost a trillion annually and this went into d pockets of elites with no trickle down benefit to the economy,yet Nigeria did not collapse.

I have never doubt the social welfare program, my point was regarding to the issue of additional revenue gernation in terms of expandaing out tax net and revising the VAT.

About the issue of social welfare programs, this is just a replicate of what you have in Brazil (exactly wit the same conditions attached). The problem for me is the issue of identifying these poorest of the poor. GMB is just the president and cannot be everywhere. We have no functional national ID database.. It is difficult to determine who is even really a Nigerian let alone their level of income.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by kunlejazz(m): 10:56pm On Apr 19, 2015
Obiagelli:

And the guy sabi throw insults.

I hope MizMyColi is reading

Isn't this just a show of shame?

77billion IS NOT 1.5 Trillion naira.
77billion IS 15.4 Trillion naira, at 200NGN per USD!

To even think that you're insulting the guy.

Wew!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Firefire(m): 10:56pm On Apr 19, 2015
money121:

OMG!!! Op really fall my hand.. For replying barcanista thread...

Barcanista and firefire are loser since time of Adam...

Please jus ignore dem...

Am sure buhari and co.. Dey see barcanista thread... So dont b surprise if the e diot end up in jail like em god father.. Bode george..

They way Jonathan could have sent you lots to jail for many useless words on here. I challenge your Baba Once Chance to try that rubbish. undecided

Nonsensical nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Apr 19, 2015
taharqa:

Lolz

Obi, I like you so I would be kind. Plzzz, reread what you just wrote here and modify. I'm fact, rewrite everything.

CLUES when rewriting:
----Nigeria and the Oil companies only share the PROFIT from the Crude Oil sales after the Cost for the exploration, exploitation, storage, transportation, etc have been removed
---- This Share of the Oil Profit goes to the 3 tiers if Govt, and not just the FG
----- Most of the revenue that FIRS raise in a year come from taxes (royalties, production sharing fees, etc) from these same OIL COMPANIES, and so indirectly still come from the Profit of Crude Oil sales. It is therefore wrong to calculate it as though it is a stand-alone revenue source
--- Amongst others

The truth id that none of you chaps has even the slightest clue how to respond to that painstakingly well researched OP from barcanista. FULL STOP. We expect the main APC guys to tell Nigerians HOW they intend to fulfill the many promises they made during the campaigns. Apparently, they 'forgot' to do so before now

Greatings
Please define the FIRS
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by money121(m): 10:57pm On Apr 19, 2015
Obiagelli:

I didn't want to reply the thread till i saw it on the front page.

kudos to u.. More grease to ur elbow...

May u walk and never stumble...

Sai Apc

sai Buhari..
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by dunkem21(m): 10:57pm On Apr 19, 2015
1wolex85:

I think it's you that needs to check your maths! maybe he meant 7.7 billion. even at that,the link he posted says 77

So, you know its 7.7?
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by garrix8: 10:57pm On Apr 19, 2015
Obiagelli:

Please can you shed more light on this, do you mean that the Fg gets 95% while the oil companies get 5%. I generously gave the oil companies 40 % in my analysis

I think it's like this +-:

Whatever amount of oil is produced, a percentage is deducted by the IOC (Cost oil), then the PPT and Royalty is paid to the state (a percentage of the production). The balance is what's shared between the National Oil Company and the IOCs according to the terms of the PSC.
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by duni04(m): 10:57pm On Apr 19, 2015
Really I expect Buharis government to be heavily wealfarist and also heavy on taxs and royalties. The poorest and middle income earners should expect to enjoy a lot from the social benefit programs which the rich and their corporations will most likely fund. FIRS, NNPC, oil companies and the Solid minerals firms should start getting ready for greater scrutiny and Lagos style taxes.
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by netotse(m): 10:58pm On Apr 19, 2015
@Obiagelli

Your economics/accounting is off, the post by flets on the first page is a good pointer...your intentions are good but you are spreading false information. If you're interested I could email you a book on how it's done...in the end, the amounts the IOCs get and the amounts the FGN gets are not too different, don't let the talk about percentages fool you.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by money121(m): 10:59pm On Apr 19, 2015
Firefire:

They way Jonathan could have sent you lots to jail for many useless words on here. I challenge your Baba Once Chance to try that rubbish. undecided

Nonsensical nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by bolanto24(m): 10:59pm On Apr 19, 2015
trillville:

Please, I hope you are not adding the offshore crude oil to your ND figure? Try to separate onshore ND crude from offshore Nigerian crude when u are making any point.

I believe Nigeria also earns money from lng sales and customs too. Agencies such as FAAN make a killing too off taxes at our airports. So please let's calculate government revenue properly.

offshore or onshore doesn't matter cos it is in ND land n water

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 19, 2015
Damn! Forget GeJ, forget GMB. This is the "greatest nonsense" ever written by a human. Its nice to defend your paymaster but not by being silly.

@op, Nigeria can make much more than you calculated but all u wrote are the figments of the imagination of an alcoholic. You're more intelligent than this except you deceived us. No costs, no fees, no savings, no plans, no development, nothing... Just feeding the poor with cooked up figures.

Ignorance is bliss!

13 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:59pm On Apr 19, 2015
doctokwus:

Thank you.No one is saying some of d social programs ain't ambitious and that along d line,all may not be achieved as stated during d campaign stops, but for anyone to dismiss it outrightly or to believe that Nigeria cannot run a social welfare program for a fraction of our population is being callous,vindictive and mischievous.
We should not forget that fuel subsidy itself is a welfare program and d GEJ govt was spending at a point almost a trillion annually and this went into d pockets of elites with no trickle down benefit to the economy,yet Nigeria did not collapse.

bobo do u knw the different between naija n USA?
NAIJA is a developing country n usa na developed nation.
that social package isnt good now cos if u channel that huge sum to the right sector say infrastructure or establish our national telecom, i bet u it will pay more that this chicken package.
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by ibietela2(m): 11:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
anonimi:

I notice that ALL your revenue projection is based on Niger Delta crude oil. Nothing from groundnut oil, palm oil, coconut oil or other agricultural and industrial revenue.

Why are we only about SHARING the wealth derived from only one part of the country

Tomorrow she will say Government are not diversifying the economy

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Buratai's Son Weds Today In Yobe (photos) / Plateau Killings: Angry Youths Protest At Government House, Turn Violent(photos) / Curvy "Buharists" Show Their Support For The President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.