Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,033 members, 7,835,497 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! (56767 Views)

Hajiya Talatu Starts Trekking From Kaduna-abuja To Celebrate Buhari (photo) / Hamisu Abubakar, The Man Trekking From Lagos To Abuja Now In FCT / Man Trekking From Lagos To Abuja Receives Royal Welcome In Minna (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 21, 2015
rationalmind:

Then it appears possible. Assuming he walks for 12 hours everyday, walking for 18 days gives us 216 hours of walk. Multiply that by 5 and you have 1080KM.

Lagos to Abuja is 724KM. That means our guy rested a whole lot while on the way. cheesy

Now this is a brilliant individual.. he even rested a whole lot on the way
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 21, 2015
finestiyke:

He walked full 12 hours non stop everyday Everyday Like seriously Una dey Jones oh!!!

The above post is a confirmation that there are kids on nairaland with comprehension problems.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by kuuljay(m): 7:25pm On Apr 21, 2015
ekoboy:

I agree its not impossible. However, there is nothing about this to actually prove he did the trekking
That's right,there are no concrete proofs he did it without cheating though
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by sinhin(m): 7:44pm On Apr 21, 2015
A Bosnian Muslim (Senad Hadzic) walked 5,650km (3,503 miles) to make a pilgrimage to Mecca in Saudi Arabia, and says God kept him safe in war-torn Syria.

"I walked across seven countries, two deserts, 5,650 kilometres, without money only with a rucksack weighing 20 kilograms" Senad Hadzic

"In Serbia, people came out on the street and gave me a hat, or some socks," Hadzic says. "In one case, a professor in Serbia invited me to stay in his house. This Serbian professor, who was a Christian, told me that I was the first Muslim who had stepped in his house in his life. It was a great honor for me." Senad Hadzic

"an officer in President Bashar al-Assad's army asked me to pray for him in Mecca, if I managed to get out of Syria alive". Senad Hadzic

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-20093919
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by ideology(m): 9:02pm On Apr 21, 2015
CharlesPhc:
[b]On an ideal situation (Road Conditions, Diversions, Weather Conditions, Traffic, etc. affect driving distance), a driving journey from Lagos to Abuja by road (Lagos --> Abuja) is approximately 587 Minutes - 9 hour(s) 47 minutes(s). That means it would take a car in good working condition just approximately 10 hours from Lagos to Abuja by the route on the Map below.

Having said that, what time would it take an average person to walk the same distance? How many hours would he have to walk each day? And in how many days would he complete his journey?

Let's assume Buhari was officially declared winner of the election on the 30th of March 2015 and our trekking guy started his journey on the 2nd of April 2015....!!! If by 20th of April 2015 Hamisu Abubakar arrived the FCT on foot, it is also confortable to conclude that it took him 18days to walk from Lagos to Abuja on foot. 24 Hours in a day by 18days would be 432 Hours.... How many hours did he walk each day to complete his task in 18 days considering the fact that from Lagos to Abuja is approximately 736.6km? Still loading.........

. [/b]

Hahaha fast guy, but Your hypothesis is not entirely true. He doesn't need to pass through the routes showned on your map to get to Abuja.
If he uses alternative routes like pass through kwara state, the distance is certainly lesser.

Remember he used about 5days or so in Niger state definitely letting you know he didn't use lokoja routes as shown on your map

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by danielayodele16(m): 9:22pm On Apr 21, 2015
A man trekked from Lagos to Abuja still looking good, not worn out... Chai....Ok...Since we are in the season of trekking..... I'll be trekking to Canada soonest....Everything is possible with Nigerians...If he can trek from Lagos to Abuja then I can trek from Lagos to Canada.I believe in myself.... I can do this.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by doreenvee(f): 9:41pm On Apr 21, 2015
temitemi1:
Celebrity ko, calamity ni!

just watch out.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by wirinet(m): 10:08pm On Apr 21, 2015
The problem with Nigerians in particular and the blackmen in general is that we are prone to wishful thinking, faith and beliefs and emotional ego trip, added to that we lack documentation and writing skills. When an oyinbo embarks on an adventure or exploration, he keeps detail and concise logs to to record his experience and even thought for posterity. But here is a man that claims he treked from Lagos to Abuja with no proof whatsover. No record of his starting point, no record of people he met along the way, no record of challenges like weather, food, water, hygiene, where and how he slept (including how he dealt with mosquitoes and other insects), etc. - Nothing.

The first thing we heard about the journey was that he was already in Suleja and before we knwe it he is in Abuja. He then gave a fanstastic storey of treking from Lagos to Ibadan non stop in 13 hours (starting point in Lagos or end point in Ibadan, he did not say). Route to Abuja he did not say. He said he met armed robbers along the way. I wonder how he knew they were armed robbers, were they in operation at the time he encountered them, or they simply walked up to him and introduced themselves as armed robbers.

To me even if it is true that he walked from Lagos to Abuja, there is no proof backing such claim.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2015
barcanista:
no mind the guy.

How can someone walk from 6am to 6pm without getting fatigued? How can someone repeat this activity for good 18 days? This is a common sense thing. APC guys are just fooling themselves
Now it is obvious you a certified mad man,but if it was a white man that did that am very sure you will be praising him but because the guy did it for APC your jealousy will not stop you from displaying your stark stupidity on the internet...fool!!!!!
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by wirinet(m): 10:21pm On Apr 21, 2015
wakacome:
Now it is obvious you a certified mad man,but if it was a white man that did that am very sure you will be praising him but because the guy did it for APC your jealousy will not stop you from displaying your stark stupidity on the internet...fool!!!!!

This is not about jealousy, this is about common sense. If it was a white man that said he did it, he would show us adequate proof. He would even provide us his GPS logs. He would write a book or blog. He would provide sight and sounds of the trip.

No wonder Africa is a dumping ground for foreign religions and beliefs, we are ready to believe everything and anything without proof.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Imoy(m): 10:40pm On Apr 21, 2015
codedslayer:
[s][/s]

Look at this dumbo. Anything to him is APC, no wonder the fool keep sending people PM begging for protection. He cant reason properly without insulting APC or Buhari. Ode

Na u be d bigger fool.

Infact ur father just wasted his sperm say dem born pikin.

Idiot, read his comment again should incase u get comprehension wahala, were did he insult Buhari or APC?

U just attack pipu with unnecessary insult.

Oponu oloshi.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by annibro(f): 5:44pm On Apr 22, 2015
dptrix:

1. What i have always wondered is that his cloth did not fade, when you that into consideration of the amount of sun rays hitting him daily for the said 21days (Ask any road construction workers/labourers within 3days of straight 5hours under the sun, your cloth would fade and lose texture
2. Why didn't He or his sponsors not call Guinness book of record to follow/capture all the event from the day he started to the day he arrived. they would gladly have sponsored him with ambulance and various equipments needed free of charge.
3. He didnt burn calories, that is he was still built the way he was, google those that have trekked and see their befrore the trek and after trekking pictures, you would know that he would not be the same statue no matter what he is feeding on....

My bros, 18days is not enough 4 clothes 2 fade on its own even if d quality is poor. Some of us have rags we leave outside d huse on d line 4 mnths & its not faded. Are u saying if u spread ur clothes & go 2 office, on return after 7 or 8hrs, d cloth would've faded?
2) Dis event doesn't warrant entry in d Guiness bk. If u talk of goind round Africa or d world, den it can be a big deal. Moreso he wasn't doing it 4 money or appointment. Just 4d joy of having ur Idol become President. Lots of pipu did funny tins. Didn't u see d 86yr old women who gave her only savings, or d young girl wo 4feited her lunch money 4 GMB's campaign. Some died due 2 over joy of celebration etc. I rememba in 2011 wen GMB was 2 come 2 minna, okadas were carrying passengas 4 free.
Vision/dream/hope can mek one do d imposibu. If u tell a barren woman 2 trek 2 Ghana frm Naija just 2 conceive, u'll be sorpriz hu many days she'll do it.
GMB's victory is like d 8th wonder of d world. Pipu never believed he'll be given ds mandate as evrytin was against him, even 'prohesies'. But it happened.

BTW: he changed 5 diffrent canvases in ds trip & he had stop overs in Bida, Agaie etc & received treatment at minna 4 minor injuries.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Kobeje(m): 8:24am On Apr 23, 2015
Megaphone:
you fuuls on nairaland have serious issues. you call this intellectual? then you must have smoked cassava. if you ask this same guy what is first jamb score was he wont be able to tell you cos of the numerous times he must have sat the exam. if really he is an intellectual then he should join his colleagues at Harvard or MIT. nonsense

Let's have your own intellectual work, idea or invention.

By the way I don't smoke.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by AlPeter: 5:46pm On Apr 25, 2015
KnowAll:
To walk from Ikeja to Berger e no dey easy how much more Abuja. This man don craze pata-pata
Ikeja to berger? na that one far? mtcheeew..... . when people dey trek from oshodi to stadium to go play
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 27, 2015
abduljabbar4:
These bastards have come again with their jealousy. Vex and trek too. Fool, can you walk from one LGA to another? This guy will receive an award and if you don't like that, there are 1000000000 ways to commit suicide.

its very demeaning to attack facts with insults...
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by SPMCNIGERIA: 2:36am On May 01, 2015
SPMCNIGERIA OPEN TREK INVITATION

100KM CHARITY GREAT TREK FOR ORPHANED CHILDREN

Kick Off: 15th of July 2015 @ National Stadium, Surulere, Lagos.

Our Annual Charity Week, now in its 3rd year, takes place from 20 – 26 July 2015.

Preceding this year’s Charity Week, 50 persons within the ages of 20 and 40 years old will sign up to Trek 100Kilometers on the 15th of July 2015 from the National Stadium in Lagos State to Ijamido Children's Orphanage Home with a desire to draw the attention of Nigerians to the plight of these orphaned children and also educate the Nigerian public on the needs and benefit of helping less privilege persons.

Ijamido Children's Orphanage Home is situated at 147, Ilo Awela road, Ota, Ogun State of Nigeria, the Home can only boast of just three buildings, a bungalow and a storey building on less than an acre of land. Presently over 165 children including abandoned babies, toddlers, and school children are resident in the home and they need good spirit persons to give them hope for a better life.

The 100km Great Trek’s Aim:
This Great Trek is designed with the core aim to attract attention and support for Ijamido Children’s Orphanage Home.

The 100km Great Trek Objectives:
1. To educate the Nigerian public on the art of giving and helping less fortunate persons
2. To bring together young people from different cultural and geographic background to pursue a just and simple cause, share experiences, knowledge, information and effective approaches helping others trough teamwork
3. To draw the attention of individuals and Corporations in Nigerian to the plight of orphaned children all over Nigeria.
4. To develop team spirit among trek participants

Outputs:
1. Distribution of 50,000 Handbills/Fliers specially designed to communicate a distinctive message of support for orphaned children.
2. Special Adoption of three (3) orphaned children
3. Educational sponsorship for five (5) orphaned children in your 2015-2016

Methodology and Participation:
The 100km Great Trek is a 100% voluntary participation cause. No registration fees, no cost, no payment. In addition to the 50 signed up participants are twenty (20) Service providers which include professional nurses, Police securities, sign language interpreter, Route guides, ushers and media coverage persons.

There will be pit stops at all bus stops on the route with participants distributing informative, educative & communicative (IEC) materials that are designed to send the core message and aims of the trek to the general public. These IEC materials are specially designed fliers and handbills. The participants will cover a minimum of 30km per day with expectation to terminate the Trek at not more than 72hours from start time and date.

The Great Trek will bring together the following:
1. Representatives of Civil Society Organizations
2. Donor Agencies
3. Corporate Organizations with Corporate Social Responsibilities
4. Philanthropists
5. Youth Groups
6. Community Leaders
7. Government functionaries

SIMPLY FOLLOW THIS LINK TO REGISTER http://spmcnigeria.org/contact-us/
Or Contact:

The Treasure Foundation Director,
Society for Peace & Mutual Coexistence of Nigeria
15, Yesufu Sanusi Street, Surulere, Lagos State, Nigeria
Tel: +234-807-161-2095
Email: info@spmcnigeria.org

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by midasX(m): 11:34pm On May 05, 2015
my own question be say as him take know road reach abuja with leg? and abeg I no believe
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by kheme(m): 7:21am On May 14, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ex-Speaker, Bankole To Marry Bagudu's Daughter, Aisha Shinkafi Saidu / Governor Yahaya Bello Playing With His Family (Photos) / Thugs Rescue Senator Dino Melaye From Police In A Double Cross

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.