Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! (56696 Views)

Hajiya Talatu Starts Trekking From Kaduna-abuja To Celebrate Buhari (photo) / Hamisu Abubakar, The Man Trekking From Lagos To Abuja Now In FCT / Man Trekking From Lagos To Abuja Receives Royal Welcome In Minna (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by IYANGBALI: 12:47pm On Apr 21, 2015
I go start my own waka from jos to south africa as soon as they swear in baba on may 29

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by doreenvee(f): 12:53pm On Apr 21, 2015
Whether the guy actually walked or not, dude has set a record and will soon blow up as a celebrity.

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 21, 2015
Me sef i wan dey popular abeg make persin show me direction to bermuda triangle make i begin trek am
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by DikSin(m): 12:55pm On Apr 21, 2015
abduljabbar4:
These bastards have come again with their jealousy. Vex and trek too. Fool, can you walk from one LGA to another? This guy will receive an award and if you don't like that, there are 1000000000 ways to commit suicide.

Hey bro... calm your balls, boda ode shocked
what is there to jealous sef, ehn undecided mtcheeeew

When someone try to set a false record capable of misleading the public, & we have the likes of my honorable op who thinks outside the box to fix such people.... mehn, i really see nothing wrong in that oo cool
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by temitemi1(m): 12:56pm On Apr 21, 2015
willytongie81:
you must be a cattle rearer I'm sure for insulting the guy that air is view about the invisible trekking guy! Na yam.. Trek from lag to Abj!!
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by temitemi1(m): 12:57pm On Apr 21, 2015
Celebrity ko, calamity ni!
doreenvee:
Whether the guy actually walked or not, dude has set a record and will soon blow up as a celebrity.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Curvinus(m): 12:59pm On Apr 21, 2015
Seeing as you lot are hell on outdoing the other in this quest to prove that tooth ferries never existed despite there being not much evidence, I hereby move the motion that a high powered committee be constituded to probe if this lunatic in the making actually trekked from the land of lagoons to the centre of oyel unity.

And for your information, I do not require any voice votes whatsoever to ratify this motion as I have already banged the gavel and I'm sure you all heard it loud and clear.

And in case you already swallowed this jaundiced nonsense about a man telepotting from Montevideo to Alabama and you still want to disagree with my motion, please feel free to bang your head hard on the wall.

@Lalasticala, please ignore the nay sayers as feeding these lost sheeps with too much grissles has robbed them of the ability to be critical thinkers. This happened once in my village and steps have been taken to ensure it never happens again.

And to those who can't see this is a light hearted joke, please let me know you're interested in heading this juicy committee.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by CORRECTMAN78(m): 1:05pm On Apr 21, 2015
I want to believe that APC doesn't hope to lead us this way; lies from the pit of hell. I hope delivering dividends of democracy to Nigerians will not follow this procedure; propoganda. I hope the roads they will tarre, power improvement, job creation, health care, quality education, drinkable water, food availabilty/improved agriculture, etc will not be a paper/media work.

However, looking at the event of the day, am afraid they may continue like this; lies.

In my opinion, Buhari is already popular even before and much so, after the election. So also APC as a party. They don't need this kind of concocted story and event to make him popular. Rather, the president-elect good leadership which we so anticipated should takeover from where the campaigne vibes and promotion brought by his victory stoped.

We all know that the guy can not and have never treked Lagos-Abuja.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by VIPERVENOM(m): 1:07pm On Apr 21, 2015
jaybee:

But it appears that is not the route he took. According to the news he went through Bids, which means he took the ilorin route.
yeah. The route is a bit longer by two hours or so
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Pavore9: 1:09pm On Apr 21, 2015
shyna01:

Lol... let them know.
are u a Nigerian.

Nigerian but resident in Nairobi, Kenya.

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Lovyj(m): 1:11pm On Apr 21, 2015
God bless NIGERIA
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Ttalk: 1:11pm On Apr 21, 2015
From the analysis given so far, it is possible to trek that distance within that hour.

But why are people making it APC thing?

If you are doubting the guy kindly interview the guy and verify among the people at every stop where he passed the night from Lagos to Abuja during those 18 nights
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by VIPERVENOM(m): 1:12pm On Apr 21, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

Brother google is really your friend.... maybe google can help you find how tiny your brain is grin
have you checked ur own brain lately?

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by inikamoze(m): 1:13pm On Apr 21, 2015
Some things doesn't add up. How the heck did he get to Niger state first before reaching Abuja??
Which comes first from Lagos? ABUJA OR NIGER??

It just doesn't add up.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by expertfingers(m): 1:14pm On Apr 21, 2015
adanny01:
I dont think he followed the route shown on the map by OP. He passed through Suleja so he definitely didnt pass through Lokoja but came through Minna and probably Kwara.

The most probable route is Lagos - Ibadan - Ogbomosho - Ilorin - Jebba - Mokwa - Bida - Madalla - Abuja which is 737km by car at 75km/hr average.

Assuming a human walks 5km/hr, it will take 147.4 hours. Of course a human cant walk all that hours without stopping or resting. Assuming he rested at night and walked 6am to 6pm which is 12 hours, he will take at least 12.3 days to get to Abuja. I heard he spent 2 days in Suleja due to blisters on his feet. A friend told me he personally saw him approaching Suleja on Saturday. So he probably traveled about 15days including the two days he rested in Suleja minus calculative errors due to his walking speed, route start/stop times and days he may have rested in other places.

This begs for more questions:
1. Was he walking consistently for 12 hours each day?
2. Where was he resting each night?
3. How did he handle those areas that have no inhabitants?
4. Was he wearing the same sweatshirt? How come it was not dirty?
5. How come he was looking so fresh when he hit Abuja?

I believe it's possible but the time frame and some other things do not just add up!

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Ttalk: 1:15pm On Apr 21, 2015
inikamoze:
Some things doesn't add up. How the heck did he get to Niger state first before reaching Abuja??
Which comes first from Lagos? ABUJA OR NIGER??

It just doesn't add up.

Dont ask Nairaland

Ask the guy
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Bundesligabest: 1:15pm On Apr 21, 2015
CharlesPhc:
[b]On an ideal situation (Road Conditions, Diversions, Weather Conditions, Traffic, etc. affect driving distance), a driving journey from Lagos to Abuja by road (Lagos --> Abuja) is approximately 587 Minutes - 9 hour(s) 47 minutes(s). That means it would take a car in good working condition just approximately 10 hours from Lagos to Abuja by the route on the Map below.

Having said that, what time would it take an average person to walk the same distance? How many hours would he have to walk each day? And in how many days would he complete his journey?

Let's assume Buhari was officially declared winner of the election on the 30th of March 2015 and our trekking guy started his journey on the 2nd of April 2015....!!! If by 20th of April 2015 Hamisu Abubakar arrived the FCT on foot, it is also confortable to conclude that it took him 18days to walk from Lagos to Abuja on foot. 24 Hours in a day by 18days would be 432 Hours.... How many hours did he walk each day to complete his task in 18 days considering the fact that from Lagos to Abuja is approximately 736.6km? Still loading.........

. [/b]

You just failed the exam. Your post is an example of the degredation in our education system.

This is JSS2 mathematics. Simple logic and proportional reasoning, you no fit apply.

Average walking pace is 5km/hr

Abuja to Lagos is 747 km

Therefore it would take him only 747/5 = 149hrs

In 18 days, he only needs to walk for 149/18 = 8.3 hrs a day to reach his target.

Infact, he spent too long drinking stout and peppersoup with the Chiefs who hosted him on the way. A typical oyinbo hiker would walk 15hrs per day and complete this journey in just 10 days.

3 Likes

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by oneagleswings: 1:15pm On Apr 21, 2015
What about trecking from Whatsapp to nairaland. I just tried it now. grin shocked

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 21, 2015
Bundesligabest:

You just failed the exam. Your post is an example of the degredation in our education system.

This is JSS2 mathematics. Simple logic and proportional reasoning, you no fit apply.

Average walking pace is 5km/hr

Abuja to Lagos is 747 km

Therefore it would take him only 747/5 = 149hrs

In 18 days, he only needs to walk for 149/18 = 8.3 hrs a day to reach his target.

That's if he was following [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naismith%27s_rule]Naismith's rule[/url] to the letter.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Paulv(m): 1:20pm On Apr 21, 2015
Somebody should please tell me dis is all about. becus i can't pretend i know.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by biggybanty7(m): 1:24pm On Apr 21, 2015
ProfessorPeter:
Guy leave d guy alone na from Bida we begin dey hear say somebody dey trek to celebrate chief terrorist's victory. Why we no hear when him start am from Lagos. Where exactly for Lagos he start the journey?
na mumu u b u no even dey current,

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by adanny01(m): 1:28pm On Apr 21, 2015
expertfingers:

I believe it's possible but the time frame and some other things do not just add up!

1. My assumption. Besides he spent 2 days in Suleja, so he definitely sleeps somewhere.
2. Remember that he mentioned he has used 5 pairs of shoes all which are bought for him in the towns he got to by people who wanted to contribute to his success, i believe a hotel or a private residence wont be a hard thing.
3. Am not sure there is any stretch of road in Nigeria where you can walk up to 12 hrs without getting to a town or at least a cluster of homes. The desert parts of Nigeria maybe but he didnt pass there.
4. Have you heard of wash and wear before?
5. He rested 2 whole days in Suleja and with adequate hospitality. Remember APC in Niger state dropped their contact number and he was said to have met Etsu Nupe in Bida and another Chief in Suleja.

I believe the time frame was even too long, he would have been faster if he didn't take a lot of time resting in several places.

4 Likes

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 21, 2015
[quote author=expertfingers post=32953185]

Well, someone has answered your question downthread....but following [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naismith%27s_rule]Naismith's rule[/url]...assuming a speed of 5km/hr..with a distance of 745km..gives a time of 149 hours walking.

Assuming he walked nonstop without rest..he could be in Abuja in seven days.

Assuming he used 12 hours a day....he could be in Abuja in 12 days.(ie 60km a day.).

Obviously. I read about an American ultramarathoner who ran from San Francisco to New York...and of course he rested every night.(He was quite fit too).

Don't know...probably kept on walking. Plus...there are villages across the roads of SW and NC Nigeria.

a)It is the dry season. Probably washed it at night...or let it dry at night...and put it on the next day (As someone whose primary exercise is walking at least 6km a day...that's what I do!).

b)Two similar sweatshirts? Change of clothing?

Simples....he is probably used to exercising. Plus...he did eat along the way.(Sometimes...while exercising for long periods...I do get rarely hypoglycaemic...time for some rapid sugar!). I guess he lost a bit of weight along the way too...

Hope my explaining helps!

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 21, 2015
Maple:

It hurts you to see your fellow country man accomplished so much, abi?
I am sure if it was some white guy that is being portrayed to have accomplished such task, you'll swallow it hook and sinker. what a jealous person you are.

You r an idiot!, how on earth is he hurt by de guys accomplishment.. He is tryna Annalise de journey.he is not trying to be as dumb as u.cos dey told u he had arrived u're convinced he rili walked from lag 2 abj.y didn't dey kip us posted by his every step via GPS..after a long walk u can't just wake up d next day n start anoda.Ur lap go gist u. Just frog jump n rest to experiment. Beside its wen we lose a bet dat we do sometin like dis. Eg ma waka naked if Chelsea lose premier league. So its same tin. He probably said ma treck to abj if Bihari win dis election. Go check who dat guy vote for make u see. He must have voted for GEJ. N if he d carry bike every nite u know
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by kritikali(m): 1:35pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ese144:
The guy is a fraud,there is no way he would have done that journey in 18'days

deadie:
Why the doubt? From the post, it took him 18 days to travel 736.6 km. This means that he travels 736.6/18, or approximately 41 kilometers daily. A marathon is 42 km. I am not the most athletic guy in the world, but I ran it in 4 hrs. The Kenya guy who won the marathon that I ran did so under 2 hrs 10 mins. The female won under 2 hrs 30 mins. So, why do you guys have to doubt that a fit young man covered the same distance every 24 hrs? It is because you lazy bunch sit and home and chat on your BBM 24 hrs daily that you consider the task impossible.

3 Likes

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Revolva(m): 1:35pm On Apr 21, 2015
tongue tongue bloody liar na be d guy.....heavy one how can someone trek from lagos to abuja...and no media coverage....na lie jare..d guy took a vehicle to lokoja n treked from lokoja to abuja....easily...who dme de fool....
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 21, 2015
kritikali:

deadie:
Why the doubt? From the post, it took him 18 days to travel 736.6 km. This means that he travels 736.6/18, or approximately 41 kilometers daily. A marathon is 42 km. I am not the most athletic guy in the world, but I ran it in 4 hrs. The Kenya guy who won the marathon that I ran did so under 2 hrs 10 mins. The female won under 2 hrs 30 mins. So, why do you guys have to doubt that a fit young man covered the same distance every 24 hrs? It is because you lazy bunch sit and home and chat on your BBM 24 hrs daily that you consider the task impossible.

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Megaphone: 1:36pm On Apr 21, 2015
CharlesPhc:

After a football match, you can afford to spend a whole week or even more analyzing the game you didn't participate in (another man's work). You would even listen to the commentators analyze the game two hours after the match but you can't even use you brain to figure out a simple mathematical term cos its too high for your pretty small mind to figure out.
who wastes time analysing football matches? you and your jobless folks. id you know you have any reason to start blabbing go to Harvard or MIT and teach there not here. nonsense
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by san316(m): 1:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
For those Hating

The guy moved from lag to ABJ....FACT
The guy drew media attention......FACT
The guy made money doing so......FACT
The guy is now a celebrity.............FACT
His name will be written as one who trekked from lag to ABJ..... FACT
The guy will get a lot of goodies..... FACT
He will be recognized........FACT
Nothing you guys say will stop it......FACT

So the best thing to do is Toto join this guy and celebrate and pray to God so He can open doors of possibilities for you.

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 21, 2015
danniekute:
I don't think d guy waka the waka. he fit jump bike
you will understand the power of trekking if or when you attended or attend a day school. moreover it's not a day's journey, even soldiers trek to battle in the past and it's still same humans.
I trekked in my school days, steady trekking just to save cash, and it was an hour journey by foot.

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Azo(m): 1:57pm On Apr 21, 2015
CharlesPhc:
[b]On an ideal situation (Road Conditions, Diversions, Weather Conditions, Traffic, etc. affect driving distance), a driving journey from Lagos to Abuja by road (Lagos --> Abuja) is approximately 587 Minutes - 9 hour(s) 47 minutes(s). That means it would take a car in good working condition just approximately 10 hours from Lagos to Abuja by the route on the Map below.

Having said that, what time would it take an average person to walk the same distance? How many hours would he have to walk each day? And in how many days would he complete his journey?

Let's assume Buhari was officially declared winner of the election on the 30th of March 2015 and our trekking guy started his journey on the 2nd of April 2015....!!! If by 20th of April 2015 Hamisu Abubakar arrived the FCT on foot, it is also confortable to conclude that it took him 18days to walk from Lagos to Abuja on foot. 24 Hours in a day by 18days would be 432 Hours.... How many hours did he walk each day to complete his task in 18 days considering the fact that from Lagos to Abuja is approximately 736.6km? Still loading.........

. [/b]

A car going to Abuja from lagos will travel on the average 85km/hr. It takes buses btw 7 and 8 hrs and a car will take a substantial less time for the travel say 6-7hrs. As such i wont accept itntakes a car 10hrs to get to abuja from Lagos. However, Lagos to Abuja is a lil above 660km/h for a man traveling at 3km/h which is the convenient walking speed but walking at average of 5/hr cos of jugging at some point will take about 132hrs. If he walks 8hrs/day he could make it in roughly 16days 12hrs. Buhari was declared winner on 31st of March and say he started on 1st April and he completed yesterday 21st April, it took him 21 days which is theoretically plausible.

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by jhidey08(m): 2:04pm On Apr 21, 2015
CharlesPhc:

. [/b]
Bros, it is very possible. There is dis programme: "CITIZENSHIP AND LEADERSHIP TRAINING", I attended one and we were made to trek a distance of 25km as part of our training (UNKNOWN JOURNEY), it took us 7 hrs to cover 25km (including resting and enquiries). There were some factors that dragged us back, there were about 9 ladies among us in my group and we still covered dat distance in 7 hrs trekking. Now calculate it based on our experience, 25km*4days= 100km, to cover 736km den u av about 29days. It is very very possible my brother, I'm talking from experience.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? / Inside Ilu Aje, A Ghost Village In Oyo, Where Money Has No Value. / Charly Boy Reacts As Supreme Court Sacks Ihedioha, Says "Imo State Is Gone"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.