Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

My Husband Or My Figure? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Or My Figure? (9073 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My Husband Runs Away From Having Sexual Intercourse With Me: Wife / Who Is The Rightful Owner Of The Breast? The Husband Or The Child. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Or My Figure? by saraj(f): 6:32pm On Jan 31, 2009
I have been married to my husband 4 yrs. In the last year I have lost a bit of weight. I used to be size 16. I'm now a size 10. I am very happy with my new figure however he is not. He said he won't sleep with me because he hates my new figure and now he has found a big woman outside to sleep with. She is bigger than I was before I lost the weight, I'v seen her. He says he won't leave her unless I add weight or else I can forget about the marriage. What am I going to do? I am very happy with my current size and at the same time I don't want the marriage to end.
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by Akinagirl(f): 9:18pm On Jan 31, 2009
What a looser, why cant he be happy when his wife is happier about herself?
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by ikamefa(f): 10:35pm On Jan 31, 2009
sara j:

I have been married to my husband 4 yrs. In the last year I have lost a bit of weight. I used to be size 16. I'm now a size 10. I am very happy with my new figure however he is not. He said he won't sleep with me because he hates my new figure and now he has found a big woman outside to sleep with. She is bigger than I was before I lost the weight, I'v seen her. He says he won't leave her unless I add weight or else I can forget about the marriage. What am I going to do? I am very happy with my current size and at the same time I don't want the marriage to end.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked why do i find it hard to believe this story? undecided
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by Akinagirl(f): 4:58am On Feb 01, 2009
It might be true. Some men just like big women period. But for real though this is your husband, he should be happy about you feeling better about yourself not giving you an ultimatum.
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by mohawkchic(f): 5:28pm On Feb 01, 2009
~Whatever decision you come to,Be sure your Self-Esteem doesnt take a knock down you cant Recover from!!

~It Will without a doubt,affect your Self-confidence & an unhappy woman with little or No Self esteem doesnt make a Happy Wife!! You tell Your hubby That!!
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by saraj(f): 5:41pm On Feb 01, 2009
I'm getting alot of compliments from men outside saying how great I look, but my husband can't stand the sight of me. He says he dosen't want to sleep with a pole, but I am hardly a size 0. I still have nice womanly curves. I'm a 34c. my waist is 25 inches and my hips are 34 inches. I am not a matchstick.
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by tope2000(f): 10:07pm On Feb 01, 2009
sara j:

Weird shocked shocked
I thot most men wud be happy undecided
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by debosky(m): 10:11pm On Feb 01, 2009
tope2000:

Weird shocked shocked
I thot most men wud be happy undecided
It proves once again. . . women don't understand men!

Y'all think there is one recipe that will work for all men, be slim and all will be well (with big blom blom of course grin)

That said, this so called hubby is daft, if she stays with him after hearing this nonsense, she might have issues too.
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by onyinye2(f): 10:12pm On Feb 01, 2009
Am I the only one who is strangely reminded of that movie "Phat Girlz"?? undecided

Anyways. . . . . yeah I was once told that a Nigerian man would never marry me because of my figure. Like seriously. . . . . do I care?

But anyways. . . . . mexicans do the same thing to their women. They want their women thick because they feel if she loses too much weight, other guys might want her and they might end up losing their wife. So I think your man is just insecure with himself because he feels that possibly you might be too good for him or you might feel you can do better and might leave.
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by tope2000(f): 10:20pm On Feb 01, 2009
debosky:

It proves once again. . . women don't understand men!

And then u men say we are complex creature undecided cheesy

Y'all think there is one recipe that will work for all men, be slim and all will be well (with big blom blom of course grin)

I didnt say that, i just thot most men prefer their women slim esp after giving birth undecided
Well i aint slim, do i look like onyinye to u grin grin
(and i dont have big blom blom angry angry tongue)

That said, this so called hubby is daft, if she stays with him after hearing this nonsense, she might have issues too.

He is more than DAFT angry
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by bluespice(f): 11:00pm On Feb 01, 2009
husband is a jerk lookin for the most ridiculous excuse to justify his cheating
IMO
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by ladykool(f): 1:24am On Feb 02, 2009
wow! wat kind of husband do u have? ur husband definetly has some insecurity issues honestly oh else why would he not like u losing weight that i wat some men would die for their girlfriends to do and urs is threatning u dat he will cheat on u and the worse thing is u have seen her and he knows!!!

girl if am u i will leave is triffling ass and look for a better man that will appretiate u cuz ur so called "husband" clearly doesnt appreciate and loves u!!
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by KarmaMod(f): 1:29am On Feb 02, 2009
Rofl.

where's David to tell you what you should do grin

I wonder if your husband will sleep with you when you end up with Type 2 Diabetes
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by spoilt(f): 1:33am On Feb 02, 2009
Is your husband a chubby chaser? grin
is he a big guy or does he not know what it feels like to be trapped in a lot of blubber?
Its a healthier you honey. Let the other woman keep her lard for him grin . You have your whole life ahead of you without him.
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by chamotex(m): 1:36am On Feb 02, 2009
I like it THICK and JUICY cheesy
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by KarmaMod(f): 2:15am On Feb 02, 2009
chamotex:

I like it THICK and JUICY cheesy

Im sure most gay men agree with you grin
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by spikedcylinder: 9:47am On Feb 02, 2009
I think I see a bit of what your husband means.

Attraction is one of the main keys in any relationship and you are either attracted to someone or not, I don't think there's a middle ground there.

Your husband obviously has a thing for chubby women which is why he must have married you in the first place but you can't blame him for being unable "change".
I mean, good for you for losing weight and being healthy but its not his fault for not being attracted to you that way. undecided
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by KarmaMod(f): 4:22pm On Feb 02, 2009
so what do you suggest she do?
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:41pm On Feb 02, 2009
I suggest she returns to the size the hubby met her or slightly smaller. There is nothing wrong in the hubby wanting her fat cos that was what attracted him in the first place. The wrong thing he did was to cheat on her cos of it, which means he get problem.

Poster needs to know that those guys paying her compliments out there aint her hubby. It's her hubby that matters in this case.
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by KarmaMod(f): 4:46pm On Feb 02, 2009
What a pitiful situation, really
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by spikedcylinder: 5:02pm On Feb 02, 2009
No! I don't suggest she goes back to her original size. If anything, she's happier and healthier now and she shouldn't give up her happiness or health for anyone.

She just has to begin to welcome the idea that her marriage might have come to an end. sad
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by osisi2(f): 5:03pm On Feb 02, 2009
Tgirl4real:

I suggest she returns to the size the hubby met her or slightly smaller. There is nothing wrong in the hubby wanting her fat cos that was what attracted him in the first place. The wrong thing he did was to cheat on her cos of it, which means he get problem.

Poster needs to know that those guys paying her compliments out there aint her hubby. It's her hubby that matters in this case.

Look at the mindset of someone that was made a moderator of the family section shocked shocked shocked
Ms tgirl4real, are you for real?
You're asking a woman who has decreased her chances  of having  any and every ailment known to man to gain back pounds so as to keep a hiusband whose brain cells are in his testicles.
You and that husband belong in he same bed IMHO.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by KarmaMod(f): 5:03pm On Feb 02, 2009
Lol her best bet now is to get pregnant and stay pregnant.
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by KarmaMod(f): 5:05pm On Feb 02, 2009
Lol osisi. while I agree with you, what do you suggest for the OP?
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by JustGood(m): 5:10pm On Feb 02, 2009
First off, this is a fabricated tale.

Then, it is possible for a man to become unattracted to you if you decide to change the way you were. If such a situation were to happen, it needs careful handling from both parties.

There is no right or wrong to it and anyone who takes some stupid advise from this kind of forum over this will have him or herself to blame. Every situation and circumstance is unique. Besides, anyone who wants to advise on such should talk about what kind of experience they have had in life.

I wont let anyone who is unable to pass Mathematics be my mathematics teacher. lipsrsealed
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by osisi2(f): 5:12pm On Feb 02, 2009
The husband has  an inferiority complex.
Period!
If I were her, I'll attempt to get down to a size 8
If he wants to leave,let him leave.
He's not in love with her.
He is a man without self esteem and wanted a women who didn't feel too good about herself and him seeing her get in shape and boost her self esteem makes him feel even more inferior.
His going out to cheat on her her with a fat woman is just a stunt.
He wants a way to control, intimidate and break her down
That's not a man she needs to be with
Any man that'll give a woman an ultimatum to gain weight,lose weight,lighten her skin etc,does not love her
That's mental abuse and the poster should beware.

I'm almost sure she's already going through other types of mental and emotional abuse from him even before the weight loss.
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by spikedcylinder: 5:14pm On Feb 02, 2009
Same kind of stupid advice he dishes out everytime. undecided
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by JustGood(m): 5:19pm On Feb 02, 2009
whoever wants to teach mathematics should know the subject well enough to pass it. A failure should not be considered as being qualified to teach
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by KarmaMod(f): 5:21pm On Feb 02, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Same kind of stupid advice he dishes out everytime. undecided

He rather attack others than give reasonable responses undecided
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by JustGood(m): 5:23pm On Feb 02, 2009
@karma, who is that?
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by spikedcylinder: 5:25pm On Feb 02, 2009
How are you helping the poster with your gibberish eh Mr mathematics? undecided
Re: My Husband Or My Figure? by spikedcylinder: 5:30pm On Feb 02, 2009
Lunacy or not, you haven't answered the question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Guy Beats Up His Sister's Abusive Boyfriend & Makes Him Apologise (video) / A Letter To My Father! By Refiner / Signs Of An Irresponsible Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.