Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,788 members, 7,862,608 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:42 PM

Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them (1250 Views)

8 Things Guys Do That Make Ladies To Loose Respect For Them / Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / The Effects Of Dating Who You'll Not Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them by peeparty(m): 8:10am On Apr 22, 2015
This was inspired by a romancelander missclassy.

Men have preference and are very selective,whenever the are making their choice to marry.some will go for physical features,potentials,maturity,finnancial prowess or a combination of these.On the contrary,some are constrained in their preference.here are the Reason:

1.Fear:this is a key factor that prevents men from marrying a woman who is more knowledgeable than he is.fear.how do i cope with her,how can i fit into her life and status?this are numerouse questions men ask.

2.low self esteem:I once dated a girl who was just exerptionally brilliant, because of the gene added to the fact that she school abroad.when she came back ,i started compairing myself with her.to make matters worse she can argure till enternity,and will not allow you say a word or even listen to you.(omo i fit cry)although we dont all have the same capacity and level.though have learnt my lesson now.

3.societal belief:there is a belief that she cannot make a good wife or better mothers.although men are the carrier of this belief.

4.Disrespectful and proud:when something is understudied,it will be difficult to handle it properly.guys lack the understanding of how to deal with this kind of ladies.I believe if a woman is well studied,there is a way to love her and she will worship you irrespective of her academics achievement or status.

N.B:awake the man in you dont be intimadated.

omo I couldnt continue typing again cos I was tayad.tosyn2much n co una d try oo.
cc
r231
farano
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them by adegunwa4real(m): 8:20am On Apr 22, 2015
See o...lemme go back and read ur post first
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them by okotv(m): 8:27am On Apr 22, 2015
I would like to marry someone supposedly more knowledgeable than I am. Nothing wrong as long as you can hold your own. I think the problem with folks who can't is purely egotistical and I lost that a long time ago.
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 22, 2015
Actually i don`t feel intimidated by any girl. No matter how classy, brilliant or intelligent you`re, i sure know how to tame you. Girls are weaker vessels compared to Men. They don`t have that aura of dominance. If you`re a man and you know ur way, no girl can browbeat you.
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them by buygala(m): 8:35am On Apr 22, 2015
I like my girls smart... smarter than me, if possible sad

Iron sharpens Iron....

I don't need to tame or subdue her.... I will just increase the velocity of my madness to match her own.... grin
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them by tintingz(m): 8:36am On Apr 22, 2015
A real man will handle any woman of any status or class.

A woman might be brilliant, intelligent, classy but inside her she's weak and emotional.

Just know her weakness and she's all yours and submissive like Aunty Omotola.
smiley
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them by MizMyColi(f): 9:03am On Apr 22, 2015
buygala:
I like my girls smart... smarter than me, if possible sad

Iron sharpens Iron....

I don't need to tame or subdue her.... I will just increase the velocity of my madness to match her own.... grin

Yinmutongue

I was watching Jupiter ascending yesterday and one of the TV characters made a comment directed at the female protagonist....

Men don't like smart girls and that's why you're not married.

It's mostly true.

Well, finally, she found true love in a guy who is out of this world in every ramification, literally.....more like an Alien.

The moral of this story is that it takes a guy who reasons and sees beyond the scope of the ephemeral/this world to date and stay in love with a smart/intelligent woman.....all things being equal.
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 22, 2015
If i wanted to marry a girl that was more knowledgeable than i was, i'd have to go for one that was more than five years older. No kidding.
I can't relate to this thread.
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them by MizMyColi(f): 9:09am On Apr 22, 2015
tintingz:
A real man will handle any woman of status or class.

A woman might be brilliant, intelligent, classy but inside her she's weak and emotional.

[size=14pt]Just know her weakness[/size] and she's all yours and submissive like Aunty Omotola.
smiley

You need to have a change of perspective.

What I emboldened above shows that you hold the art of Manipulation in high esteem.
It only works for a while...

Pray you don't meet a babe wey go change am for you.
Lol
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them by peeparty(m): 9:19am On Apr 22, 2015
Teempakguy:
If i wanted to marry a girl that was more knowledgeable than i was, i'd have to go for one that was more than five years older. No kidding.
I can't relate to this thread.
I see ur opinion dou
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them by buygala(m): 9:19am On Apr 22, 2015
MizMyColi:

Yinmutongue

I was watching Jupiter ascending yesterday and one of the TV characters made a comment directed at the female protagonist....

[b][/b]
It's mostly true.

Well, finally, she found true love in a guy who is out of this world in every ramification, literally.....more like an Alien.

The moral of this story is that it takes a guy who reasons and sees beyond the scope of the ephemeral/this world to date and stay in love with a smart/intelligent woman.....all things being equal.

As a rule, I don't date dumb chicks, irrespective of her beauty, packaging, or phonetics ..... Stupidity has a slimey way of rubbing off on someone undecided...

So for me, the smarter the girl, the better for me... smiley

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 22, 2015
Op, in addition to the nice points above , I will like to add this.
~ I believe all men have an inherent mild narcissistic trait. A kind of born belief that they are and should be better than women in every way.
This innate characteristics is threatened whenever they come across women who tend to be more intelligent than them.

In other to counter this threat, most of them just resort to hate.
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them by tintingz(m): 9:31am On Apr 22, 2015
MizMyColi:

You need to have a change of perspective.

What I emboldened above shows that you hold the art of Manipulation in high esteem.
It only works for a while...

Pray you don't meet a babe wey go change am for you.
Lol
My post is for women who possess this egoism, pompous attitude because they believe they are intelligent than their men.

For men to make these women come down to their understanding they need to know their weakness the same goes to men who are egoistic a woman need to know her man weakness to calm his ego.

Trust me not all work for a while if it is handled perfectly, Omotola, Joke silver are example.
smiley
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them by MizMyColi(f): 9:36am On Apr 22, 2015
tintingz:
My post is for women who possess this egoism, pompous attitude because they believe they are intelligent than their men.

For men to make these women come down to their understanding they need to know their weakness the same goes to men who are egoistic a woman need to know her man weakness to calm his ego.

Trust me not all work for a while if it is handled perfectly, Omotola, Joke silver are example.
smiley
oK
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 22, 2015
MizMyColi:

Yinmutongue

[b][/b]
It's mostly true.

na so?
Okay na.
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them by peeparty(m): 9:44am On Apr 22, 2015
missclasssy:
~ I believe all men have an inherent mild narcissistic trait. A kind of born belief that they are and should be better than women in every way.
This innate characteristics is threatened whenever they come across women who tend to be more intelligent than them.

In other to counter this threat, they just resort to hate.
well so tru,but d women just also have dis ego and feeling untop instead of just helping their spouses to overcome such
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them by jmoore(m): 9:46am On Apr 22, 2015
Knowledge will give you power, but character respect - Bruce Lee

Knowledge without character is a no go area for me.

Knowledge with character = Diamond package.

If her character is good and she is more knowledgeable than I am, then it is a welcome development.
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them by rasheedbb16(m): 9:47am On Apr 22, 2015
Be like say na Good luck ebele posted this one cos of his wife
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 22, 2015
It is an error to suppose that it is very demeaning for both genders to accept the fact that one is gifted than the other because of our egotheism.

Though is it obvious and peculiar that the so called intelligent women tend to force their opinion on people because they feel they are always right. And some guys cannot live with a female that'll always wanna tell 'em what to do.
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 22, 2015
missclasssy:

In other to counter this threat, they just resort to hate.
i'd like to disagree. First off, men only expect to be better than women in certain things. That are determined by the gender roles of that society. Second, if peradventure, they found a woman that was better, they would most likely see it as a challenge. Not everbody is a hater please.
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them by iPrevail(m): 10:04am On Apr 22, 2015
missclasssy:

Untrue... Emphasis on "all men".
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them by peeparty(m): 10:05am On Apr 22, 2015
MizMyColi:

Yinmutongue

[b][/b]
It's mostly true.

rephrased some men don't like smart girls
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them by redhook(m): 10:44am On Apr 22, 2015
missclasssy:

......U should change your statement to " I believe ALL OF D MEN I DATE OR KNOW, rather than ALL MEN"! Becuz if u are experienced in matters dealing with the opposite sex, the 1st thing u should have learnt by now is that "generalisation is a sign of limited interaction/ immaturity"! That's like me following d popular mantra about ALL girls having FISH brains, believing it, and then using dat stereotype to relate 2 every other woman I meet in the future! When I know that there are a lot of intelligent women out there, why should I now stunt my emotional development just because I want to accept as fact d warped logic of anoda mans "jurassic assumptions" Rather than learning from my own experiences 2 determine if it is true? No 1 has a monopoly of knowledge about human character! DON'T GENERALISE!

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 22, 2015
Brb
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Do Not Marry A Woman Who Is Highly Knowledgeable Than Them by peeparty(m): 11:52am On Apr 22, 2015
dicefrost:
Brb
come back here or

(1) (Reply)

Are You In A Relationship Or Relationshit ? / 8 Things Girls In New Relationships Do But Will Never Admit To / Tag Ur Friend Who Did These In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.