Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation (20821 Views)

My Husband Beats Me For Not Bearing Male Child, Wife Tells Court / My Husband Beats Me With Cutlass; Targeting My Eyes- Domestic Violence Victim / “my Wife Beats Me Every Day” Man Cries For Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by toyoutoyou: 4:40pm On Apr 22, 2015
What does it sound like?
major466:
what is this one saying?
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by hardbody: 4:44pm On Apr 22, 2015
IYANGBALI:
Na which kind yeye gentleman be dis?I know say na beg him go dey beg to fok him wife

Dem no born am well ask for fok, him dey craze? If she hear say.....fok? Another round of beatdown. Anytime the woman wants to she will be like Idiot come here and do your work. I am lying down waiting for you. And woe betide the man if he says i am not in the mood or if d1ck refuses to answer him. I cant stop laughing at all imaginable possibilities. I will like them to be my neighbours. Free MMA viewing be that.
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by MacluvPH(m): 4:48pm On Apr 22, 2015
You need BUHARI as your Man and WIKE as your mentor for the beating to stop.
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by Nicepoker(m): 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2015
Ladies on nairaland won't run their mouth by saying the wife is a beast. But if its the man hitting the woman they will term the man a beast.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by mystical109(m): 4:56pm On Apr 22, 2015
[quote author=Dygeasy post=32994130]Ignoring the woman's counter-claims, I don't expect her to admit doing those things but by the allegations of the man about his children not caring for him and all that, he definitely ain't a saint. Wife beats him, pikin bone am, na him kill Jesus?

He sure has a bad dirty side to him and the story might not be entirely true. Are the children blind too? No neighbour, family or friends to corroborate his claims?

Absolute _bullshit!!

Jazz dey bro
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by onoja12: 5:02pm On Apr 22, 2015
SO MEN SHOULD KEEP QUIET WHILE WOMEN SPEAK,SO THE WORLD CAN CONCLUDE THAT WOMEN ARE THE VICTIMS.WOMAN WAKE UP TIMES HAVE CHANGED,SHA IT IS EQUAL RIGHT UNA WANT.GUESS WHAT EQUAL RIGHT IS ACROSS BOARD

elantraceey:
The man needs both medical and spiritual attention .

Your wife beats you and you have the mouth to say it undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by mightycrown1(m): 5:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
MAKE DEM NO GRANT WHICH PRAYER? UNTIL YOU KILL HIM?
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by jamillion: 5:09pm On Apr 22, 2015
Weaklings everywhere, a disgrace to manhood

1 Like

Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by tunnary(m): 5:29pm On Apr 22, 2015
U marry woman way strong pas u? U never see anytin
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by todayguest(m): 5:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
@ OP do not forget to keep us posted at the next adjournment. This case will be interesting.
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by deebrain(m): 5:40pm On Apr 22, 2015
Xtracoool:
A 55- year-old retired civil servant, Mr Emmanuel Osuya, has asked an Igando Customary Court, Lagos, to dissolve his 32-year-old marriage over alleged battering by his wife. Osuya told the court on Wednesday that his wife, Abigeal Osuya, 50, had turned him into a punching bag.

He said she beat him on any slight provocation. Osuya told the court that his wife always threatened his life through battery that he was afraid she may kill him one day. “My wife wants to kill me; she beat me almost every day with dangerous weapons. On three occasions, she broke my leg, preventing me from going out for days,’’ he said.

Osuya also accused his wife of turning his children against him, thereby making them to hate him. “Abigeal succeeded in creating enmity between me and my children, she tells them false and damaging stories about me in order to hate me. “So my children only care for her by sending her money and other items every month, without extending their love to me, they always ignore me as if I do not exist,’’ Osuya said.

The petitioner described his wife as a thief. He said that she always stole his money, rendering him financially broke. “I cannot keep money at home again because my wife will steal it. “ She acted as if she is not always satisfied with the money I give her in spite of the fact that my children always send her money every month,’’ the petitioner said.

Osuya said that Abigeal always starved him of food. He appealed to the court to dissolve the marriage, saying that “I am no longer interested in the marriage, I don’t want to die now, more so that I am out of love’’. Abigeal denied all the allegations. The mother of five said that she had never beaten her husband since the day she married him.

She said that it was her husband that always beat her. “It was my husband that always beat me on any slight provocation, I have never beaten him,” she said. The respondent also said that she had never stolen her husband’s money. Abigeal said that she used to cook for her husband wherever he gave her money for food.

She asked the court not to grant her husband’s prayer. “I am still in love with him,’’ she said. The Court President, Mr Hakeem Oyekan, adjourned the case till April 30 for further hearing.

Source:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/my-wife-beats-me-on-slight-provocation-man-tells-court/

The bolded moved me to tears..

grin
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by deebrain(m): 5:44pm On Apr 22, 2015
Nicepoker:
Ladies on nairaland won't run their mouth by saying the wife is a beast. But if its the man hitting the woman they will term the man a beast.

U dey mind dem? Its only very very few of them that reason and stand for truth. The others, are excuses decorated with fronts and backs!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by dam4sam: 5:50pm On Apr 22, 2015
Xtracoool:
A 55- year-old retired civil servant, Mr Emmanuel Osuya, has asked an Igando Customary Court, Lagos, to dissolve his 32-year-old marriage over alleged battering by his wife. Osuya told the court on Wednesday that his wife, Abigeal Osuya, 50, had turned him into a punching bag.

He said she beat him on any slight provocation. Osuya told the court that his wife always threatened his life through battery that he was afraid she may kill him one day. “My wife wants to kill me; she beat me almost every day with dangerous weapons. On three occasions, she broke my leg, preventing me from going out for days,’’ he said.

Osuya also accused his wife of turning his children against him, thereby making them to hate him. “Abigeal succeeded in creating enmity between me and my children, she tells them false and damaging stories about me in order to hate me. “So my children only care for her by sending her money and other items every month, without extending their love to me, they always ignore me as if I do not exist,’’ Osuya said.

The petitioner described his wife as a thief. He said that she always stole his money, rendering him financially broke. “I cannot keep money at home again because my wife will steal it. “ She acted as if she is not always satisfied with the money I give her in spite of the fact that my children always send her money every month,’’ the petitioner said.

Osuya said that Abigeal always starved him of food. He appealed to the court to dissolve the marriage, saying that “I am no longer interested in the marriage, I don’t want to die now, more so that I am out of love’’. Abigeal denied all the allegations. The mother of five said that she had never beaten her husband since the day she married him.

She said that it was her husband that always beat her. “It was my husband that always beat me on any slight provocation, I have never beaten him,” she said. The respondent also said that she had never stolen her husband’s money. Abigeal said that she used to cook for her husband wherever he gave her money for food.

She asked the court not to grant her husband’s prayer. “I am still in love with him,’’ she said. [/b]the Court President, Mr Hakeem Oyekan, adjourned the case till April 30 for further hearing.

Source:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/my-wife-beats-me-on-slight-provocation-man-tells-court/

[b][size=16pt]Wetin? Na BY FORCE?

When you kill the man later, you will say it is Cardiac Arrest![/size]
shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by dam4sam: 5:52pm On Apr 22, 2015
jamillion:
Weaklings everywhere, a disgrace to manhood

They are no weakling but if you "defend" yourself against the battery of your wife, you will be accused and found guilty of Assault in a Law Court!

Either way, the man loses!

Women have successfully manipulated the Justice system, in their own favor..... especially in Western Countries. undecided
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by Dheartless: 5:53pm On Apr 22, 2015
men dey really try
they are certainly a specie created to lead cause of the ability to take responsibilities.

as a man
wife beat you= everyone will laugh at you and call you a mumu

you beat wife= you are a beast

you retaliate = you are a coward without self control

But for Me o, I will never allow my self in this mans position

1 Like

Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by dam4sam: 5:57pm On Apr 22, 2015
mystical109:
Ignoring the woman's counter-claims, I don't expect her to admit doing those things but by the allegations of the man about his children not caring for him and all that, he definitely ain't a saint. Wife beats him, pikin bone am, na him kill Jesus?

He sure has a bad dirty side to him and the story might not be entirely true. Are the children blind too? No neighbour, family or friends to corroborate his claims?

Absolute _bullshit!!

Jazz dey bro

Children, who are fed by the bosom of their Mother, usually sides with their Mother (Whether wrongly or Rightly) about 95% of the time!
It is a bond developed from right inside the womb.

Until they grow up and marry, that is when they begin to see the other side of "woman in marriage".....
......and it is usually too late to by then! Husband is likely dead!

I have seen this happen over fifty times, in real life
undecided
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by sunbodan(f): 6:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
Na serious tin o
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by nuelski10: 6:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
Hmmmm...interesting shocked shocked
I have a law which is do not hit a woman no matter the provocation (even if she slaps you) buh if she tries to kill you ogbeni wise up....my own 0.00cents cool shocked shocked cool
Btw

Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by ifekemmie(f): 6:07pm On Apr 22, 2015
Hmm, so d man was 23yrs while d wife was 18yrs wen dey got married n dey can't cope again, since 32yrs ago dey av bin enduring. Eleyi gidi gan o
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by noordean(m): 6:15pm On Apr 22, 2015
That man should be a hermaphrodite. He's nt truely a man
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by Jman06(m): 6:41pm On Apr 22, 2015
Imagine the way you guys are mocking the man for reporting his abusive wife. No wonder many men remain in abusive relationships and die untimely.

Many of you are too myopic to know that life is not constant. Not all men are stronger vessels and not all women are weaker vessels. The problem with us Africans is that we tend to be dogmatic in all aspects of life, hence we tend to believe that everything in life MUST conform to an already set rules, forgetting that those who set the rules might have done so out of ignorance.
My point is, yes, men can be physically abused by women, and when such men report such abuses, they shouldn't be mocked but helped.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by hermesprogidy(m): 7:02pm On Apr 22, 2015
You are so on point!!! grin grin grin grin
dam4sam:

Children, who are fed by the bosom of their Mother, usually sides with their Mother (Whether wrongly or Rightly) about 95% of the time!
It is a bond developed from right inside the womb.

Until they grow up and marry, that is when they begin to see the other side of "woman in marriage".....
......and it is usually too late to by then! Husband is likely dead!

I have seen this happen over fifty times, in real life
undecided
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by IYANGBALI: 7:41pm On Apr 22, 2015
hardbody:

Dem no born am well ask for fok, him dey craze? If she hear say.....fok? Another round of beatdown. Anytime the woman wants to she will be like Idiot come here and do your work. I am lying down waiting for you. And woe betide the man if he says i am not in the mood or if d1ck refuses to answer him. I cant stop laughing at all imaginable possibilities. I will like them to be my neighbours. Free MMA viewing be that.
me too go like thave dem as my neighbour o,their film go sweet die
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by olayinkaj2(m): 7:43pm On Apr 22, 2015
The woman don turn bouncer niyen o, punching anything. The last part got me laughing: the woman said that the court should not grant her husband wish by dissolving the marriage because she still love the man, wahala dey o. On a more serious note, if that is true then the woman should mend her ways, it shouldn't have gotten to the level where she will turn his children against him and the children should know that they do not have another father elsewhere so they should come together to settle the matter rather than taking sides.
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by nkemjacob2(m): 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
guy u no b man
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by creepsyme(f): 8:55pm On Apr 22, 2015
na wao, who to believe now?
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by bejeria101(m): 9:51pm On Apr 22, 2015
elantraceey:
The man needs both medical and spiritual attention .

Your wife beats you and you have the mouth to say it undecided

Sad to say they are scenarios like dis,girls wont comment now wey na woman do am, when its the man that does it,we no go hear word, he is a beast he shld be in a zoo etc,what is wrong is wrong. Man or woman
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by Dauduagba: 11:35pm On Apr 22, 2015
my friend leave the house for her.
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by meccuno: 6:36am On Apr 23, 2015
The man= arsenal. The woman = chelsea.
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by bukatyne(f): 8:16am On Apr 23, 2015
Jman06:
Imagine the way you guys are mocking the man for reporting his abusive wife. No wonder many men remain in abusive relationships and die untimely.

Many of you are too myopic to know that life is not constant. Not all men are stronger vessels and not all women are weaker vessels. The problem with us Africans is that we tend to be dogmatic in all aspects of life, hence we tend to believe that everything in life MUST conform to an already set rules, forgetting that those who set the rules might have done so out of ignorance.
My point is, yes, men can be physically abused by women, and when such men report such abuses, they shouldn't be mocked but helped.

100% agree and add the women mocking him into the mix undecided

@OP: The truth is between What both parties are saying. How can husband and wife claim to be beaten and both parties ddenying?

The court should carry out more investigations joor

1 Like

Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by isalegan2: 6:21pm On Apr 23, 2015
I have to say, the man sounds more credible.

If, as the wife counterclaims, the husband is the one that beats her, why then is she opposed to the customary court dissolving the marriage? Also, she said she used to cook for him when he gave her money. That means she is now starving him? For what? If you don't want to cook for him, or he has no more money, and he beats you after 32 years of marriage, why then not let him go?

She may very well have bested the man in a fight. He sounds weak, mentally and physically. Probably in poor health also - after so many beatings. . . He's already retired at 55? She's turned his children against him? That guy's broken, mehn.

I hate divorce, but give the man his freedom.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies / Who Is Your Next Of Kin? / How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.