Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,689 members, 7,820,396 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (805068 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by pheoebe(f): 9:45pm On Dec 18, 2018
waya1:

Congratulations dearie! God is great, cos he has the final say. So, something good could come out from the so called Nairobi demons.

� Kenya VOs. Thank you very much. I guess what you'll need will be your final correspondence letter, passport, your spouse's permit, visa page, biodata page.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Coast2Coast: 10:18pm On Dec 18, 2018
Thanks for insight.
Applied online on 9/12/2018
Upfront medicals passed on 17/12/2018
PPR on 18/12/2018
Dropping passport on 19/12/2018.
Documents submitted are:
Proof of relationship (many wedding pictures and landed properties documents bought together )
My companies documents with Tax clearance
School enrolment documents
I applied for a visit visa for my older son, it was rejected that we should apply for a study permit with medicals.
I intend to submit that tomorrow.
In between, I am a pharmacist and I have started the processes of my Canada Pharmacists registration. The documents were also attached.
Thank you all.

How it all began:
My wife was issued Study Permit in Nigeria on 30/10/2018 with my two years old son. I applied for a visit visa on 31/10/2018 To accompany them and give them all necessary support to settle down. We fixed our proposed journey for the 8/12/2018. The visit visa didn't come. I sent car to London, Lagos will reply. Active review and active processes. When I discovered that it won't come, I accompany them all the same to Istanbul, they proceeded to Canada, I proceeded to New York. While in New York, I applied for SOWP because I already have an outstanding visit visa pending and might be refused for purpose of visit since they left Nigeria as planned. Before I left Nigeria, I sent an email to Canada Visa office if I can apply for SOWP, They gave the go ahead and even sent the VAC office address in New York. I applied immediately. I printed form 1-94 they confirmed my status in the USA and attached it. I am dropping my Passport in the VAC office Moro. I think the Nigeria situations made visa issuance difficult. I have learnt a lot in this journey. To God be the glory. I am writing thing on a phone , Pls pardon any mistakes and lets all use our strategies to achieve our Canada dreams. My Canada dream started this year.
Thanks to all the fora of Nairaland. I researched a lot.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 10:31pm On Dec 18, 2018
Congratulations well deserved. God did it.
Coast2Coast:
Thanks for insight.
PPR on 18/12/2018
Documents submitted are:
Proof of relationship (many wedding pictures and landed properties documents bought together )
I applied for a visit visa for my older son, it was rejected that we should apply for a study permit with medicals.
In between, I am a pharmacist and I have started the processes of my Canada Pharmacists registration. The documents were also attached.
Thank you all.

How it all began:
My wife was issued Study Permit in Nigeria on 30/10/2018 with my two years old son. I applied for a visit visa on 31/10/2018 To accompany them and give them all necessary support to settle down. We fixed our proposed journey for the 8/12/2018. The visit visa didn't come. I sent car to London, Lagos will reply. Active review and active processes. When I discovered that it won't come, I accompany them all the same to Istanbul, they proceeded to Canada, I proceeded to New York. While in New York, I applied for SOWP because I already have an outstanding visit visa pending and might be refused for purpose of visit since they left Nigeria as planned. Before I left Nigeria, I sent an email to Canada Visa office if I can apply for SOWP, They gave the go ahead and even sent the VAC office address in New York. I applied immediately. I printed form 1-94 they confirmed my status in the USA and attached it. I am dropping my Passport in the VAC office Moro. I think the Nigeria situations made visa issuance difficult. I have learnt a lot in this journey. To God be the glory. I am writing thing on a phone , Pls pardon any mistakes and lets all use our strategies to achieve our Canada dreams. My Canada dream started this year.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Coast2Coast: 10:34pm On Dec 18, 2018
Thanks. He did it.
wealth360:
Congratulations well deserved. God did it.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by pheoebe(f): 1:41pm On Dec 19, 2018
Coast2Coast:
Thanks for insight.
PPR on 18/12/2018
Documents submitted are:
Thank you all.

How it all began:

Congratulations!! That's was really fast. I pray Nigeria gets to that stage where we don't have to wait months to have our Visa processed.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by goingforward: 9:30am On Dec 24, 2018
Hello @coast2coast,

I sent you a message, please help reply.

Regards

goingforward.

Coast2Coast:
Thanks for insight.
PPR on 18/12/2018
Documents submitted are:
Thank you all.

How it all began:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Deenlover: 6:43am On Dec 26, 2018
Good day all!

I am new here. I have gathered some points on SOWP application but there is just one thing I will like to understand.

I am a graduate student in Canada (till 2022) and I am planning to apply for SOWP on behalf of my husband. I believe we have all supporting documents but I am not sure of how to prove strong ties to Nigeria without landed property (as many people on the platform have shown).

Your suggestions will be appreciated.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 2:35pm On Dec 29, 2018
Your immediate family from your side and from your husband's side are also proof to show home ties, registered businesses, landed properties, your husband job can also be used to proof. I hope this helps.
Deenlover:
Good day all!

I am new here. I have gathered some points on SOWP application but there is just one thing I will like to understand.

I am a graduate student in Canada (till 2022) and I am planning to apply for SOWP on behalf of my husband. I believe we have all supporting documents but I am not sure of how to prove strong ties to Nigeria without landed property (as many people on the platform have shown).

Your suggestions will be appreciated.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by tptopsy(m): 11:15pm On Dec 30, 2018
Principessa0:
I have received Passport Request on Monday. I have also submitted.
LMIA-Exempt Work Permit Application submitted online in April 2016, Medical call in October. Passport Request in November. I hope this can help everyone figure out how long to wait.
I think the CIC are really flooded with applications. They are working really hard. Patience is the way to go. Just be patient. Thank you all and I wish you goodluck.

[color=#006600][/color]
Hey bro,
Please I need your advice. Trying to apply for the open work permit by getting a job. Is this the route you went through?
So little info here, please advise.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jaybaby2017: 9:06am On Dec 31, 2018
Good Morning House and Happy New Year in advance. Please can someone assist me with links to the right forms for application. I want to apply for SOWP and Study permit for my kids (13 and 11yrs respectively). Thanks for your anticipated prompt response. or should I just apply for visitors visa for the kids?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wilyj(f): 5:30pm On Jan 03, 2019
Some time ago i was here to ask for help on how to go about my application. Unfortunately no one gave me hints or replied my messages and somehow my husband and I managed to submit my application on 25th July 2018. Over time i kept coming back to view peoples comments and activities but I got really discouraged by their experiences of several denials and became faithless towards my own application. But as God will have it, been that He is still God, on 27th November 2018 I was asked to redo a new medical since the previous one i submitted had expired(this medical was from 2017). It took me 2 weeks to do a new medical because i was still in doubt and i had just did a new medical for our PR application which was also ongoing at the time. I dint see the need to waste money, so i sent a mail of the new medical to IRCC(this unfortunately was going to take a longer time to get to them) this made my husband i and have minor issues but i eventually did another medical with the form sent to me and 3 days after, i got another mail that my application has been approved and i should submit my valid passport for stamping. Passport was submitted on 14th December and 31st i collected my passport back. What a way to begin the new year, all thanks to GOD.

wilyj:
Hi everyone.....My husband has a work permit, NOC b job working for over 3months nows. what documents does he need to apply for me to go join him in canada? Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 1:48am On Jan 04, 2019
Congratulations to you and your husband. Concerning the bolded, you dont have to say it to make people feel as if they are not helpful here. We need to understand that everyone here us very busy and also it cannot be compared to student visa thread. Most people are busy here. No vex. God that did yours will do for others
Congrats again
wilyj:
Some time ago i was here to ask for help on how to go about my application. Unfortunately no one gave me hints or replied my messages and somehow my husband and I managed to submit my application on 25th July 2018. Over time i kept coming back to view peoples comments and activities but I got really discouraged by their experiences of several denials and became faithless towards my own application. But as God will have it, been that He is still God, on 27th November 2018 I was asked to redo a new medical since the previous one i submitted had expired(this medical was from 2017). It took me 2 weeks to do a new medical because i was still in doubt and i had just did a new medical for our PR application which was also ongoing at the time. I dint see the need to waste money, so i sent a mail of the new medical to IRCC(this unfortunately was going to take a longer time to get to them) this made my husband i and have minor issues but i eventually did another medical with the form sent to me and 3 days after, i got another mail that my application has been approved and i should submit my valid passport for stamping. Passport was submitted on 14th December and 31st i collected my passport back. What a way to begin the new year, all thanks to GOD.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kife(m): 12:51am On Jan 05, 2019
wilyj:

Congrats, God is faithful.
What office treated your application please?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by KlausMike(m): 5:39pm On Jan 05, 2019
messynaldo:
Hi guys.
I applied (via paper route) about a month ago and have not been able to link application online
What do I do?

Thanks

I have the same issue. I applied october 19th, 2018 and i still am not able to link the application (i just tried again before writing this message). I am not too worried because i received a correspondence letter by email a month after application.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by moneyspeaking: 12:22am On Jan 06, 2019
Mbogi:
It's only a speculation for now, it's not official yet, it's not cancelled yet this is what I heard from immigration lawyers discussion, thay have it on the table for consideration because Canadian are complaining that we are coming in and taking their jobs, that was why they came up with LMIA with high application fee, the next step is to cancel the whole program, I don't have a page or link to show you but people are talking about it.

I'm just making sense on why our processing time is this long, few staffs are working on our work permit application.

Hello, please I will love to pm you. Thanks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by KlausMike(m): 6:41pm On Jan 08, 2019
messynaldo:
Hi guys.
I applied (via paper route) about a month ago and have not been able to link application online
What do I do?

Thanks

i just successfully linked my application online. Select International Experience canada after selecting temporary residence .
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Beauideal: 1:11am On Jan 09, 2019
kife:

Congrats, God is faithful.
What office treated your application please?

Good day everyone. Please I'll like opinion on this. I just got married to my husband here in Nigeria. My husband is Canadian and I am Nigerian. He is planning to sponsor me to Canada as his wife (spousal sponsorship). I just want to know if anyone had a successful application and how long exactly before cic gave them visa? Did anyone had to wait for a year? And also I would like to know what documents were required exactly. I have done change of name and looking forward to getting a new international passport. 
And also I've been denied visiting him before we got married I will therefore like to know if I can apply for visit while the application for spousal sponsorship is ongoing?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mikel88: 7:38am On Jan 10, 2019
O lord let’s the goodnews drop on this thread the wait is killing have mercy on all PPR hopefuls so we all can come and testify. Please O God.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 9:31pm On Jan 10, 2019
Amen and so shall it be.
mikel88:
O lord let’s the goodnews drop on this thread the wait is killing have mercy on all PPR hopefuls so we all can come and testify. Please O God.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jaybaby2017: 10:32pm On Jan 11, 2019
Good evening e-family. Please I need your help in filling my Open Work Permit form. I'm confused about the area of Employment in Canada. Not so sure how to fill that area bearing in mind that I don't have any job offer yet. Please someone that has filled that area should kindly assist. Thanks for your assistance.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jaybaby2017: 11:48pm On Jan 11, 2019
Hello e-family, Please I need assistance in filling the study permit form for my kids. It is asking for school details. What did you fill in that area of the form. It won't validate. My kids are presently in JS1 and SS1. Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by messynaldo: 4:10am On Jan 13, 2019
Thanks KlausMike
I already linked also.
Appreciate
KlausMike:

i just successfully linked my application online. Select International Experience canada after selecting temporary residence .
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kolping: 5:11am On Jan 13, 2019
Canada 2017 Permanent Residents - Top 10 Countries

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jaybaby2017: 8:04am On Jan 14, 2019
Please can someone who has done this for their kids..kindly Help a sister. Thanks

jaybaby2017:
Hello e-family, Please I need assistance in filling the study permit form for my kids. It is asking for school details. What did you fill in that area of the form. It won't validate. My kids are presently in JS1 and SS1. Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kife(m): 8:39am On Jan 14, 2019
jaybaby2017:
Please can someone who has done this for their kids..kindly Help a sister. Thanks

Try: "To be Determined"
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jaybaby2017: 8:55am On Jan 14, 2019
Please can someone assist. Thanks

jaybaby2017:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by honesty15: 2:29am On Jan 17, 2019
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Zvurg: 7:32pm On Jan 17, 2019
wealth360:
Amen and so shall it be.

And it is so. All glory be to God.

PPR Alert : 17th January, 2019
SOWP application submitted on 26th October, 2018 with upfront medicals.

God married to my wife who only has a post graduate work permit on 6th February, 2017.
1st SOWP application submitted on 1st July, 2017, disapproved on 22nd December, 2017 based on my partner NOC.
Applied for visiting on February 15th, 2018, disapproved on 27th of April, 2018 based on "not enough ties and travel history".
Partner changed job to NOC required, applied for SOWP using a consultant on 26th October 2018, PPR alert gotten today.

PPR alerts are in the neighborhood, for all expecting, yours is next,

All praise and thanks to God.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mikel88: 8:55pm On Jan 17, 2019
Zvurg:

God married to my wife who only has a post graduate work permit on 6th February, 2017.
1st SOWP application submitted on 1st July, 2017, disapproved on 22nd December, 2017 based on my partner NOC.
Applied for visiting on February 15th, 2018, disapproved on 27th of April, 2018 based on "not enough ties and travel history".
Partner changed job to NOC required, applied for SOWP using a consultant on 26th October 2018, PPR alert gotten today.

Congratulations! And amen to the prayer.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kife(m): 1:46am On Jan 18, 2019
Zvurg:

Congrats brother, what office was your application?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Zvurg: 11:06am On Jan 18, 2019
Sincerely I don't know.

I used a consultant resident in Canada.

Quick question please, I'm asked to pay #13,860 for passport transmission, is that supposed to be?

kife:

Congrats brother, what office was your application?

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.