Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (804733 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HonWise(m): 2:26pm On Nov 22, 2019
dyce101:
Good evening guys am up with another question o

What is the duration of Spouse permit work application ?

What is the duration of Work permit application

You have to hope for the best cause no one can precisely state the duration, few months ago it was 24weeks in 60days it reduces to 15weeks now it's 19weeks and increasing weekly, no two application is the same, you can have yours faster than the processing week. All the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by YesLadyN: 3:46pm On Nov 22, 2019
Mayorsmart02:
@dyce101 I saw that

Right!

The duration varies too. It was 12 weeks some months back and it increased progressively.

But some applications are processed within the time frame and some take longer.

Ps: notice the trend for those who’ve applied in the thread.

Paper application ‘seems’ faster but let’s all hope for the best.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by dyce101(m): 7:55pm On Nov 22, 2019
YesLadyN:

Check the ircc website for processing times. Fill in the drop down menus and the processing time for your application will pop up.

Happy waiting.
Thanks allot Guys God bless you all

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mayorsmart02(m): 10:37am On Nov 26, 2019
Hello e-friends, why is everything dull here?

This waka would bring success by God's grace . Stay blessed!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by dyce101(m): 12:08pm On Nov 26, 2019
Mayorsmart02:
Hello e-friends, why is everything dull here?

This waka would bring success by God's grace . Stay blessed!

Amen oooooo

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by yomeximas: 4:13am On Nov 27, 2019
Hello House,
Thanks for all the positive contributions being made on this platform.

I'm applying for SOWP (along with my 1 year old son) and I opt for Online Application but I need some help in filling the questionnaire form.

I don't precisely get how the application would incorporate my son along with mine.

I will need someone who has applied along with dependent child(ren) on ONLINE route to please assist.

Please indicate if I can reach you for this support.

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by emeify1: 4:01pm On Nov 27, 2019
Just fill.outbthe online questionnaire on the cic website a d indicate u are traveling with your sin. All the forms you need will egenerated for you. Create yr online account and attempt to apply. U will redirected to the online questionnaire
yomeximas:
Hello House,
Thanks for all the positive contributions being made on this platform.

I'm applying for SOWP (along with my 1 year old son) and I opt for Online Application but I need some help in filling the questionnaire form.

I don't precisely get how the application would incorporate my son along with mine.

I will need someone who has applied along with dependent child(ren) on ONLINE route to please assist.

Please indicate if I can reach you for this support.

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by emeify1: 6:32pm On Nov 27, 2019
@ymin, how much funds did you write was available in the imm forms for spouse and each kid?
Ymin:

Exactly, that was what I suppose but I couldn't secure acceptance in any school for the kid. So I used both my own institution DLI, address and name in place of the child.Then other details of the child can fit in. With this the forms can be fill successfully..

All the best.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by muvey10: 8:37am On Nov 30, 2019
Hi
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by joyblinks(f): 8:42pm On Nov 30, 2019
Ymin:

Exactly, that was what I suppose but I couldn't secure acceptance in any school for the kid. So I used both my own institution DLI, address and name in place of the child.Then other details of the child can fit in. With this the forms can be fill successfully..

All the best.

Please I need your assistance Sir. I just sent you a PM now.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by soloso: 8:18pm On Dec 05, 2019
I want to apply for Spousal Open Work Permit but my study permit is running out sometime in may 2020. I now to extend my study permit and at the same time apply for the SOWP and also COOP permit. Is it possible to apply for all at the same time as an international student? I will appreciate you guys advise because some folks thinks it's not possible and could send a wrong signal to the Visa official.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by emeify1: 5:10am On Dec 06, 2019
What coop permit? Where are u applying for the coop permit? Is it not at your school?
soloso:
I want to apply for Spousal Open Work Permit but my study permit is running out sometime in may 2020. I now to extend my study permit and at the same time apply for the SOWP and also COOP permit. Is it possible to apply for all at the same time as an international student? I will appreciate you guys advise because some folks thinks it's not possible and could send a wrong signal to the Visa official.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by soloso: 7:05pm On Dec 07, 2019
Coop is another word for internship. If coop is a requirement for your course, you need to get a coop permit from immigration to enable you do coop outside school. Your advice on the above subject will be high appreciated. Waiting for one.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nikkytee: 2:59am On Dec 08, 2019
congratulation, can you please send me a sample of your cover letter for the sowp to my email nikky.ultimate@yahoo.com,thanks
Mayorsmart02:
I congratulate you @Ymin and others so far. This group has been a very helpful one. Started reading from zero till this very page, and I have actually learnt meaningfully from old and new active members, such as Ruth22, KONJI GUY, not his Id though, HOUSE WIFE, IYALODEOFCANADA and co. This is my first time of talking here, but not that new.. I used to be a silent reader, actually! MY REQUEST, I will like you to share that your motivating SOP/LOE with me. I promise not to engage in any form of plagiarism. Just need it as a clue to blend as I will soon start my own application. Thanks. egunjobimayowa@gmail.com is the mail. Thanks

quote author=Ymin post=83807857]Thank you everyone.

Documents Submitted:

All Ircc required forms
Passport and Visa copy for me.
SOP Stating why she needs to be with me in Canada for moral support towards my studies. I stated the purpose which is to go along with me,highlighted financial part ,home ties using our parents and properties.
I actually applied for them 2 weeks after I got my study visa while still in Nigeria,so I wrote the letter in anticipation of approval so we could go together cos I have seen it happening here before,so we had to make it so persuasive kind of.
My admission letter,scholarship offer from my university in Canada.
My employment letters,certificates etc
The SOA used for mine which covers their living expenses for a year like 4k for wifey and 3k each for kids since the scholarship already covers my own expenses. These comprises of fixed deposit funds and current account balances in my account.

We did not submit police report even during my own study visa as well. We did not also submit any family pics of us together cos I heard vfs dont take pics sometimes ago but don't know how true that is. I would have love to add some to prove relationship had it been we use Online application but we did paper.
I could not also secure admission for my son for school in Canada (Above 5 years) while in Nigeria cos they are asking for lease/rental agreement and I am yet to even travel then. For the child that is less than 5 years,we applied for visiting visa while wife is SOWP

Spouse documents:
Employment letter,work ID and training certifications and School certificates
Statement of account,just to show she is earning salary not necessarily with any significant closing balance
Marriage cert,birth cert for her and children
Change of name affidavit and newspaper publication

I think its just the basic documents. Then we trust God for grace and the application was progressing well from eligibility review,medical request(They did not do upfront medical),medical passed,bvl and approval exactly 2 days plus the 14 weeks processing time when we applied in July 26th 2019.

Thanking God for the journey so far and trusting Him for more approvals for these wonderful winning team.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by YesLadyN: 11:44am On Dec 09, 2019
Good morning all,

This is to encourage us all and to wish those of us in the waiting line a brand new week of approvals and many YESES.

May our hearts’ desires and what’s best come our way in this journey and others to come.

smiley

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Girllikeme: 5:47pm On Dec 10, 2019
It is quiet here!!! No update guys, medical request, bvl eligibility review Please let’s update the forum.
Thanks!!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by dyce101(m): 8:02pm On Dec 10, 2019
Nothing yet
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by YesLadyN: 8:48pm On Dec 10, 2019
Girllikeme:
It is quiet here!!! No update guys, medical request, bvl eligibility review Please let’s update the forum.
Thanks!!

Very quiet! Nothing at all.

I wonder if those with older running applications here have reached out to ircc.

I have a hunch ircc is focusing more on student applications right now for winter admissions against January 2020. I stand to be corrected.

@Girllikeme....I replied your mail request.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by YummyA(f): 10:42pm On Dec 10, 2019
My Visa was delayed based on home ties, purpose of visit and current employment situation... I believe it's not the end of the road and I wish every other person approval by God's grace
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by YesLadyN: 12:19am On Dec 11, 2019
YummyA:
My Visa was delayed based on home ties, purpose of visit and current employment situation... I believe it's not the end of the road and I wish every other person approval by God's grace

Hello YummyA,

Please can you shed more light on this? How did you conclude on this? Did ircc reach you with that detail? Was it refused? I’m worried mine is in the 12th week already and no update at all. Submitted online too.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by YesLadyN: 12:20am On Dec 11, 2019
YummyA:

I’m sorry your application got delayed.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by emeify1: 3:30am On Dec 11, 2019
@YummyA, I am sorry to read about yr refusal. It took this long and still got denied, take heart. If u could enumerate on the documents u submitted and yr current employment situation, we could be able to find where u can make improvements. Is your spouse a student or on PGWP? Did u submit a leave letter, what ties, etc. I know u would need some time to absorb the refusal, but when u are ready, drop them here so we can help. all the best.
YummyA:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Prazy13(f): 3:46am On Dec 11, 2019
Congratulations on this approval, could you please give me this rare privilege of using structure SOP you used for your wife while applying so that I can use it as a guildline while applying for my hubby and 1 year old daughter, i will highly appreciate your help.
here is my email address: praisehosting@gmail.com

Ymin:
Thank you everyone.

Documents Submitted:

All Ircc required forms
Passport and Visa copy for me.
SOP Stating why she needs to be with me in Canada for moral support towards my studies. I stated the purpose which is to go along with me,highlighted financial part ,home ties using our parents and properties.
I actually applied for them 2 weeks after I got my study visa while still in Nigeria,so I wrote the letter in anticipation of approval so we could go together cos I have seen it happening here before,so we had to make it so persuasive kind of.
My admission letter,scholarship offer from my university in Canada.
My employment letters,certificates etc
The SOA used for mine which covers their living expenses for a year like 4k for wifey and 3k each for kids since the scholarship already covers my own expenses. These comprises of fixed deposit funds and current account balances in my account.

We did not submit police report even during my own study visa as well. We did not also submit any family pics of us together cos I heard vfs dont take pics sometimes ago but don't know how true that is. I would have love to add some to prove relationship had it been we use Online application but we did paper.
I could not also secure admission for my son for school in Canada (Above 5 years) while in Nigeria cos they are asking for lease/rental agreement and I am yet to even travel then. For the child that is less than 5 years,we applied for visiting visa while wife is SOWP

Spouse documents:
Employment letter,work ID and training certifications and School certificates
Statement of account,just to show she is earning salary not necessarily with any significant closing balance
Marriage cert,birth cert for her and children
Change of name affidavit and newspaper publication

I think its just the basic documents. Then we trust God for grace and the application was progressing well from eligibility review,medical request(They did not do upfront medical),medical passed,bvl and approval exactly 2 days plus the 14 weeks processing time when we applied in July 26th 2019.

Thanking God for the journey so far and trusting Him for more approvals for these wonderful winning team.

All the best!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by YummyA(f): 12:20pm On Dec 11, 2019
Thanks@all....... My spouse is a student. im self employed, land documents, my certificates, spouse study permit admission and funding letter. I will appreciate any help
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by emeify1: 5:26pm On Dec 11, 2019
U need to give more info. What were yr ties, did u state what u will be doing in canada. What was d purpose of visit and what happend to yr biz. Basically how u presented d SOP
YummyA:
Thanks@all....... My spouse is a student. im self employed, land documents, my certificates, spouse study permit admission and funding letter. I will appreciate any help
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Abbygailz(f): 11:10am On Dec 16, 2019
Good day everyone, please I have a question.

I would be applying for SOWP soon, my husband is currently a student in Canada.

Is it okay to use his Dad (my father in law) as my sponsor considering that his son (my husband) also used him as his sponsor when he applied last year?

Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by emeify1: 9:36am On Dec 17, 2019
Not sure about this question. But if u are working or have a business, you should be able to show sizable funds even if u want to use him as your sponsor. That's just my thoughts
Abbygailz:

Is it okay to use his Dad (my father in law) as my sponsor considering that his son (my husband) also used him as his sponsor when he applied last year?

Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Abbygailz(f): 10:55am On Dec 17, 2019
emeify1:
Not sure about this question. But if u are working or have a business, you should be able to show sizable funds even if u want to use him as your sponsor. That's just my thoughts

Thanks for the response. The question is, hope it is safe to use him as a sponsor, considering he stood as a sponsor for his son.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by emeify1: 11:21am On Dec 17, 2019
I think it is
Abbygailz:

Thanks for the response. The question is, hope it is safe to use him as a sponsor, considering he stood as a sponsor for his son.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HonWise(m): 9:52pm On Dec 17, 2019
Abbygailz:

Thank you.

Hello Abbygailz

You can use him as sponsor if he has available the required fund, your application is on a stand alone and the sponsorship comes from relative. It is safe to use him if he has the required fund but non the less you can add your salary account statement if you have a paid employment.

Others could also share their thoughts
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Abbygailz(f): 2:10pm On Dec 18, 2019
HonWise:

Hello Abbygailz

You can use him as sponsor if he has available the required fund, your application is on a stand alone and the sponsorship comes from relative. It is safe to use him if he has the required fund but non the less you can add your salary account statement if you have a paid employment.

Others could also share their thoughts

Okay, I appreciate your input. Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by muyiroro: 8:59am On Dec 23, 2019
Gud morning my people, pls is it advisable to apply my work permit visa with my spouse and children at the same time or I should first apply for my own as a principal applicant . I got Letter Of offer from Maple Leaf Farm in Manitoba with LMIA exemption.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: faithee01 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.