Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,103 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. - Culture (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (120688 Views)

Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken / Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. / A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Weedfree: 1:10pm On Feb 17, 2019
bigfrancis21:

Isi ka I ji na-eje ije??

How can igbo people say ukwuani is another igbo dialect when you can't even understand what I said in ukwuani. IT means you use your head to walk or ENA KWE ELA means u are mad.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by bigfrancis21: 7:17pm On Feb 17, 2019
Weedfree:

How can igbo people say ukwuani is another igbo dialect when you can't even understand what I said in ukwuani. IT means you use your head to walk or ENA KWE ELA means u are mad.

Nsukka people say, era na whi ghi (you are mad). How is that Igbo?

3 Likes

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Ishilove: 7:18pm On Feb 17, 2019
bigfrancis21:

Nsukka people say, era na whi ghi (you are mad). How is that Igbo?
I saw 'eranko ni weed gan'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Ishilove: 7:20pm On Feb 17, 2019
Weedfree:

Or ina kugbu ewin n'ela
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by bigfrancis21: 7:20pm On Feb 17, 2019
Ishilove:

I saw 'eranko ni weed gan'

cheesy What's the meaning?

1 Like

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Ishilove: 7:22pm On Feb 17, 2019
bigfrancis21:

cheesy What's the meaning?
It means animals loves weed cheesy

1 Like

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Weedfree: 10:09pm On Feb 18, 2019
[quote author=bigfrancis21 post=75832806]

Nsukka people say, era na whi ghi (you are mad). How is that Igbo?[/quo

Listen carefully and pay attention to my words I try to keep this as simple as I can I know you have difficult with comprehension especially things beyond your limited mental faculty There is no tribe called Nsuuka in Delta what they have is USISA or did u mean the Nsuuka in igboland. I am not here to have a language battle but to clear ur misconceptions and ridiculous grouping of distinct tribes has one with the igbo race and if u have nothing important to say then I advise you to keep ur irrational opinion to yourself. I na NZUZU which means u are a fool.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Weedfree: 10:12pm On Feb 18, 2019
Ishilove:

It means animals loves weed cheesy

I NA OLA MY EMU which means u are funny but OYE ISI AZU which means u have a fish brain.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by jbblues24(m): 9:26pm On Jun 01, 2019
Designgasmed all over this! smiley
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Arda1000(m): 11:22am On Sep 18, 2019
Weedfree:

ISI KE IJI NE JE IJE sorry if u don't understand ukwuani because I understand both. U lack common sense
u speak pure Igbo and yet u claim ure not one guy get sense,I speak ozara,am from Ebonyi,when we want say are you mad". we say "ivu ona aya wu? others that speak another kind of ozara dialect like in Isu/onicha will say "odihe isi adu wu mma?
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 18, 2019
Arda1000:
u speak pure Igbo and yet u claim ure not one guy get sense,I speak ozara,am from Ebonyi,when we want say are you mad". we say "ivu ona aya wu? others that speak another kind of ozara dialect like in Isu/onicha will say "odihe isi adu wu mma?

Like seriously

This is not anything nearer to Igbo language.

That means you speak two languages or three..
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Weedfree: 11:49am On Sep 26, 2019
Arda1000:

Who do u think u are coming for me big mistake kid.
For the record i speak both igbo and ukwani that doesn't make me igbo i just learnt them.
First of their origin is different from igbos, they didn't participate during the Biafra war they never considered them self one of u and they never where even part of the east they where considered a mid western state and their manner of dressing is a bit different and their cuisine to are different.
I find your "ideology" barbaric as you are so quick to forget that before there was Nigeria or region, there was TRIBE. Stop thinking so mediocre and believing there is a sense of commonality between Igbo and Ukwani. You think just like the cultural naive white men. I understand why you are inseure about being igbo because you guys have no oil money but are good at land grabbing and punishing innocent widows and lacking good family support from family members. Ukwani respect women especially widow which yours doesn't. Your tribe promote misogyny, toxic musicality, pretentious communism, war ( biafran war), cultural illiteracy, greed and unpatriotic nature towards Nigeria as a whole.

1 Like

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by B2mario(m): 4:17pm On Oct 01, 2019
Weedfree:

For the record i speak both igbo and ukwani that doesn't make me igbo i just learnt them.
First of their origin is different from igbos, they didn't participate during the Biafra war they never considered them self one of u and they never where even part of the east they where considered a mid western state and their manner of dressing is a bit different and their cuisine to are different.
I find your "ideology" barbaric as you are so quick to forget that before there was Nigeria or region, there was TRIBE. Stop thinking so mediocre and believing there is a sense of commonality between Igbo and Ukwani. You think just like the cultural naive white men. I understand why you are inseure about being igbo because you guys have no oil money but are good at land grabbing and punishing innocent widows and lacking good family support from family members. Ukwani respect women especially widow which yours doesn't. Your tribe promote misogyny, toxic musicality, pretentious communism, war ( biafran war), cultural illiteracy, greed and unpatriotic nature towards Nigeria as a whole.
when does participating in Biafran war become a yardstick in knowing who's Igbo or not? When a real enemy talks we will know. Are you sure you really know anywhere called Ukwani?

Among all the tribes in Nigeria Igbo is the one that respect and care for women the most. I can see that you are being deceived by what you watch on Nigerian movie. We have a good system for settling of dispute and our culture does not allow injustice. We show care, respect and kindness to widows to the extent that the rich ones among us train their children, build houses for them and place some of them on payroll. Even our governors and wives build houses for them which I've not heard anything like that coming from your place.

Igbos are this, igbos are that, but still we are better than you, we help ourselves, we have better culture and value that encourage progress, we are more educated and civilised than you, our zone has been certified as the least crime zone (according to the Nigeria beaureu of statistics), you hardly hear of individual and communial clashes because we have a better system for settling of dispute, we are not envious and jealous of success and progress that is why we have industries even in our kindreds once you are successful we celebrate you and see you as a role model and encourage you to attract industry to our community so as to develop it and encourage our youths to be more hardworking, virtually every community in Igboland has super rich men and women. We don't kill our successful men and women like other Nigerians that is why our land is more developed even without proper government attention. We travel home every Xmas and no shaking, but if you are successful just pay a 2day visit to your home, integrate fully with your rural people like Igbos, share drinks and kolanut with them and see if you will come back alive.

3 Likes

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by stieyven(m): 10:47pm On Oct 09, 2019
victor1464:
fools speaking...........ur statement has jus displayed d stupidy of d igbo man.selfishness and greed is ur life style.Bleep u and ur igbo identity.its not important
He who calls his brother a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Arda1000(m): 12:17pm On Oct 18, 2019
Weedfree:

sense is very far away from you
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by oluigbo1(f): 4:31pm On Oct 29, 2019
Nice one OP, however to know more and share more about the igbos as an Igbo that you are, we invite you to join Oluigbo.com.ng for updates
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Weedfree: 10:05pm On Dec 01, 2019
B2mario:
when does participating in Biafran war become a yardstick in knowing who's Igbo or not? When a real enemy talks we will know. Are you sure you really know anywhere called Ukwani?

Among all the tribes in Nigeria Igbo is the one that respect and care for women the most. I can see that you are being deceived by what you watch on Nigerian movie. We have a good system for settling of dispute and our culture does not allow injustice. We show care, respect and kindness to widows to the extent that the rich ones among us train their children, build houses for them and place some of them on payroll. Even our governors and wives build houses for them which I've not heard anything like that coming from your place.

Igbos are this, igbos are that, but still we are better than you, we help ourselves, we have better culture and value that encourage progress, we are more educated and civilised than you, our zone has been certified as the least crime zone (according to the Nigeria beaureu of statistics), you hardly hear of individual and communial clashes because we have a better system for settling of dispute, we are not envious and jealous of success and progress that is why we have industries even in our kindreds once you are successful we celebrate you and see you as a role model and encourage you to attract industry to our community so as to develop it and encourage our youths to be more hardworking, virtually every community in Igboland has super rich men and women. We don't kill our successful men and women like other Nigerians that is why our land is more developed even without proper government attention. We travel home every Xmas and no shaking, but if you are successful just pay a 2day visit to your home, integrate fully with your rural people like Igbos, share drinks and kolanut with them and see if you will come back alive.

U do realise that i said more than not participating in Biafra war is not the only reason i wrote down and i know it is not only igbo that were part of Biafra but they were the majorly involved and the leader of this Biafra was an igbo guy.
Uh and for the record i don't watch Nigeria films and u claim to care for ur women but let me ask u wat do u do to widows cause the hair shaving and other acts is how u care for ur women.
If u are more educated and civilized then why were u people naked before the whitemen and because u made the world fastest computer u think that's it. U said u have low crime rate when u people do alot of money ritual and didnt they like arrest over 200 Yahoo boys abroad so yeah that happened.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Weedfree: 10:11pm On Dec 01, 2019
Arda1000:
sense is very far away from you

I should take your words seriously you featherbrain, slowpoke, slowpoke, intellectually dumb fellow. Dude, go check your IQ, it is out of space because it isnon existence.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Arda1000(m): 11:37pm On Dec 01, 2019
Weedfree:

I should take your words seriously you featherbrain, slowpoke, slowpoke, intellectually dumb fellow. Dude, go check your IQ, it is out of space because it isnon existence.
before ewu dika gi ekwuwe okwi iq, je guo geography first,gini wu mid western then igwa mu ife Ikwuani na aso or yoruba kor Igbo ka fa na asu.
munna fake ass like sef no suppose deh talk iyi.

1 Like

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Arda1000(m): 1:46pm On Dec 03, 2019
[quote author=Weedfree post=84538151]
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Arda1000(m): 1:46pm On Dec 03, 2019
Weedfree:

Iyi
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Weedfree: 10:22am On Dec 07, 2019
Arda1000:
before ewu dika gi ekwuwe okwi iq, je guo geography first,gini wu mid western then igwa mu ife Ikwuani na aso or yoruba kor Igbo ka fa na asu.
munna fake ass like sef no suppose deh talk iyi.

It's u who knows nothing about ur own culture stupidstitious, whitewashed,desert brain, nincompop and a compound fool. Obu osa ife ki emarini
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Arda1000(m): 7:01pm On Jan 29, 2020
Weedfree:

It's u who knows nothing about ur own culture stupidstitious, whitewashed,desert brain, nincompop and a compound fool. Obu osa ife ki emarini
anu ohia amighi ihe,you are a disgrace.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 31, 2020
Arda1000:
anu ohia amighi ihe,you are a disgrace.

Anuohia amighi ihe... Can't believe this a Igbo language.

If you can't speak or write in Igbo..keep shut rather than rubbishing the language.

As well we can teach you if need be.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Arda1000(m): 9:43pm On Feb 04, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Anuohia amighi ihe... Can't believe this a Igbo language.

If you can't speak or write in Igbo..keep shut rather than rubbishing the language.

As well we can teach you if need be.
hehe a fool at 40 is a fool for life,only a person not from Igbo Ethnicity will not understand what i wrote.... Benin boy lol google no translate am well for you i guess lol.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 04, 2020
Arda1000:
hehe a fool at 40 is a fool for life,only a person not from Igbo Ethnicity will not understand what i wrote.... Benin boy lol google no translate am well for you i guess lol.

Accept what you typed is wrong then we can go ahead abd correct you. Mr Arda or whether na Ada.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Arda1000(m): 8:38pm On Feb 28, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Accept what you typed is wrong then we can go ahead abd correct you. Mr Arda or whether na Ada.

ewu Benin
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 28, 2020
Arda1000:
ewu Benin
Just shut it
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Arda1000(m): 10:56pm On Feb 28, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Just shut it
renyia rika ri rndu?
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 28, 2020
Arda1000:
renyia rika ri rndu?
Please what this?
what are you speaking?
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Arda1000(m): 11:08pm On Feb 28, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Please what this?

what are you speaking?
finally i don expose you,Ewu Benin no go search for google to translate it,onye ivu na aya.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by bisqit: 4:02pm On Jul 04, 2021
Ishilove:
Ukwuani is not exactly igboid. There are elements of Yoruba and Edo contained therein.
i use to think otherwise. tell me more

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Oruko Amutorunwa (generic Names In Yoruba Culture) / Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady / Similoluwa, Sister Of Ooni’s Wife 'Steals Show' With Backside At Royal Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.