Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Polish Student Visa - Travel (512) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Polish Student Visa (908289 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (568) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polish Student Visa by victz: 3:16pm On Apr 17, 2022
Agreed with the first paragraph of your comments. The same way you were disappointed/shocked when you got to Cyprus and discovered that many of them cannot communicate effectively in English is the same way you would not only shocked but disappointed too when you get to Poland. I was surprised that in capital Warsaw and Gadńsk everything was in Polish including train and buses. While in some big German cities like Stuttgart, Munich... the language in their S-Bahn(speed Trian) is German and English.

There are some Americans, British, Nigerians et al guys in Germany that works in IT sectors because in some IT sectors English is what is required. So you maybe right to say that your sister works in an IT sector in Poland. Some Nigerian Engineering grauduates in Germany are given field jobs because those field jobs does not require much German but many of them have at least B1 German proficiency. But Management science graduates are not that lucky to get office jobs/white collar jobs because of language barrier.

But how can someone work in a bank in Poland with english when some of your colleagues in the bank cannot even Express themselves in English? Some doesn't understand English at all. How do you communicate with clients patronising the bank? Or are you trying to tell me that it is only English speaking clients that patronise the bank? To get a decent job in Poland you don't need English but you need Polish which is the national and working language in Poland. Same with Germany, Finland and other non-English speaking European countries.

It is not true that the Polish people doing menial jobs in other Western European countries are not educated. Many of them are educated with different degrees/qualifications. The Polish literacy rate is 96.4% while that of Nigeria is around 64.2% that is to tell you that statistically Poland have more literate indigenous population percentage wise/country average than Nigeria. Hope you are aware that the fact that someone does not understand English does not mean that the person is an illiterate? He/She can be literate or highly educated in other languages. Go to the UK there are many Nigerians, Pakistanis, Indians with masters degree, some with two masters doing care jobs. And other menial jobs because they cannot find skilled jobs in the area of their studies and also to keep body and soul together.

There are more English speakers in Germany than in Poland yet it is not possible to work in German banks without high German language proficiency. I was surprised that on two different occasions in Germany the doctors I consulted does not understand English. They had to get an interpreter. The first time was in Stuttgart the doctor was a little bit advanced lady in her early or middle 50s. While the other doctor was in the city where I was living before she was a young lady less than 30. She told me that she does not understand English, they had to call for an interpreter. If someone had told me before then that there are some German doctors who does not understand English I will tell them that it is lie. That is Germany ooo! That have more English speakers than Poland.

That firms are moving to Poland will not change the working language to English because 70- 80% of the people that would be working in those firms are Polish. What Poland is currently enjoying is what is called Comparative cost advantage in Economics. It is cheaper to produce and also build industries in Poland than in other Western European countries because of the cheap labour that is available in Poland. The current minimum wage per hour in Poland is less than 20 Zloty which is equivalent to 4Euros while the current minimum wage per hour in Germany is 12Euros, It's even more in Scandinavian countries, Switzerland and the UK. The aim of every investor/business/firms is to maximize profit and reduce cost. A German, Scandinavian, American, British investor/industrialist would rather build his company in Poland because of the cheap labour in Poland, cheap rent, minimum tax etc.

Germany have many advantages that America does not have but after studies many of our guys prefer moving to America or Canada instead remaining in Germany. The main reason why they are leaving is because It's extremely difficult or nearly impossible for you to get to the pinnacle of your career in non-English speaking European countries than in America, Canada, UK, Australia. One bros that did his masters, PhD and Post Doc in Germany moved with his family to the US. The bros have always been aspiring to become a lecturer. But he could not get that position in Germany after sending more than 200 applications to different German universities. This bros and his wife has C1 in German. The Germans did not find him good enough to lecture at their universities but America found him worthy enough to lecture there. His wife announced few weeks ago that she got the position of a business manager in the US. A position that is nearly impossible for her to get in Germany and other non-English speaking European countries.

When it comes to teaching of English language to non-English speaking Europeans. These Europeans would prefer an American/British/Canadian with less qualifications to teach them English than our Nigerian guys with higher qualifications because of our Nigerian/African accents. Funny enough many Germans will tell you that "Dein Englisch ist Schlecht" meaning that your English is bad just because you are not speaking with British/American accent but these are Germans that does not understand simple idiomatic expressions that primary school pupils in Nigeria play around with.

teewest100:
I have been on this group for sometime, but I just decided to see what everyone is saying carefully before engaging in any discussion…

Firstly, when travelling aboard to any countries I. The world, don’t believe whatever you see online, Google precisely, there are lot of misleading information on internet… first time I will travelled out of Nigerian as an international student was to Cyprus, when I do my search it says most of it citizens speaks English, it was shocking when I got there non of the could communicate in English. Which was a fucking disappointment, this how some of us also has been mislead.

Secondly, poland �� is a growing country, not yet competitive like other western developing countries, like US, UK, CANADA, GERMANY, etc.. there is lot of opportunities you may haven’t heard about. Do you know during the pandemic, poland is the only European Union country that was able to manage it economy without going to recession? I’m not painting poland positivity. Yes it’s true lot of polish citizens are living the country, but mind you, they are not japaing just like we Nigerians, let me explain.. Most of this polish people you see running out of the country to other countries are doing so because they are not educated, so it’s difficult for them to secure a well paying decent job in their countries, so it better they leave to Germany were they get paid much more without degree, just like it’s in our own country Nigeria, despite the bad conditions of Nigeria today, there are still individuals making millions every single month in salaries, while so are not, so life isn’t balance in any countries… even the Americans are leaving there county to leave in another country because they find life much more better there than America, while non Americans are dreaming of travelling there someday, so this life isn’t balance.

Thirdly, it’s very possible to have decent job in poland without much knowledge of the polish language, reason is because, in recents years, there has been larger numbers of foreigners relocating to poland from non European countries coming into the country to settle down either to work or invest, you will be surprised the high raising of Americans, Canadian, British an others citizens living now in poland. An for this people to be able to make use of the polish environment perfect the government needs to start giving ways to English speaking personal to work in there companies to open ways for those willing to invest, also most of this polish young generation are fast learning English this days, because of the benefits it now having in the polish economy. I have a sister working in there IT sector, she has a YouTube channel an you can search her (Awhobiwom Abu) that here channel name, she only start learning the polish language an she has been working in there IT sector for almost two an half here now with any problems…

It’s very important to have a positive energy an thinking when relocating to any country, it won’t be easy before once you’re have the positive thinking an you associate yourself with different people, my dear things will work out…

Because someone is been living in a particular country with success doesn’t mean other won’t, it doesn’t how long you have been living there, life is about knowing the right people…

Also if you’re a student in poland, it’s possible to have a decent work, there is factory jobs, delivery, Uber, English teaching jobs, an you get paid working part time…

Whatever country you’re planning to relocate to, don’t have a negative feeling or energy toward it, because it will be hard to succeed… no country is easy, just as we Nigerians are running away believing our country is bad, there is also some foreigners in Nigeria making it while we the citizens are running, that how life is in every country.

Have a lovely weekend

1 Like

Re: Polish Student Visa by victz: 3:54pm On Apr 17, 2022
Your case is similar to that of a Naija guy that I and my friend met at Volkschochshule who claimed that he got a job as an engineer/technician in an Automobile company in Germany because he learned Mechanic in Nigeria. When we all know that it's not possible without going through German apprenticeships system (Ausbildung). Instead of him to tell us that he got an Ausbildung placement after his B1 he claimed that he got direct employment as technician. I and my friend laughed over it because we know his type. 2days later my friend told me that we should confront the guy and point out his lies to his face. I told my friend that there was no need for that since we already know the truth. My friend insisted that we must confront him that if we did not that he would think that he has succeeded in brainwashing us and will continue to spread the lies to other people too.

I agreed we confronted and pointed it out to his face and gave him proofs that he was laying. We demand that he produced his appointment letter as proof. After much he later agreed that it was a 3year Ausbildung placement that he got at the automobile industry. An Eritrean guy later got an Ausbildung placement in the same company. It was even the Eritrean guy that told us some of the other lies the same guy told him.

How many Polish people have you seen doing UberEATS jobs delivering food to people houses to house with bicycle even in cold winter? I did not see an single white person in Poland doing that job. Most of the people doing that job are black Africans. Any white person you see doing that type job checkout that person very well you will discover that he is not Polish he maybe from Kosovo, Bosnia, Armenia those countries that Poland is better than.

There are many Italians, Greeks who are graduates in different fields in their country doing menial jobs in Germany. So make no mistake of thinking that those Polish people doing menial, semi-skilled jobs in Germany, UK and other Western European countries are not educated. Many of them are educated in their own language. Many of them acquired some degree in their country before they left. They could have remained in their native Poland collecting less than 20 Zloty minimum wage which is equivalent to 4Euros per hour doing wihite collar jobs. But they decided to move to Germany where they can earn 12 Euros or more per hour and even more in Scandinavian countries, Switzerland and the UK.

kid7soccer:

I have been very busy but I saw your comment and decided to respond. guy u no absolutely nothing about life in Poland. Just keep Clam let does making it big here talk. Do you know that english and German is a compousory course you must pass in the polish secondary school exams else you can't go to any university. I don't even speak polish yet I go to a polish church. Almost everyone here in Wroclaw speaks English.

Do you know how many Nigerian guys & ladies are working in top firms in Poland without Polish. I'm not talking about graduates. Full time students. I have received an offer for Citi group and Credit Suisse but didn't go for it because I have thing I dey pursue.

I am student in Poland. I currently model fashionable wears for top designers who work with vogue magazine, poptown, new balance etc and I act movies, I also do UberEATS while wearing a barcava so nobody knows I'm the one. yes all na hustle guy to make the money.

I just got back from a movie shoot with top American actors and actresses and a Nigerian living in Poland is even part of the main cast.

Next week I got casted for a photoshoot in Warsaw worth 8k pln a day but can't go because I have a contract for the movie I'm already casted for. Also I got an opportunity to have the picture of my hands for an advert that will pay me 500pln, just photo of my hands.

Guy I don't know the Poland you went to, maybe one village you went to study but my Poland nigerians are work hard and doing fine UberEATS courier dey make 8kpln a month full time 18k more than even white collar, UberEATS driver make more.

If you need white collar jobs in this Poland there is a way to get it. All you need is not your degree but professional skill with verifiable certificate and you will get one.

If not for school I be all set for life because I have great opportunities coming my way here.
I am thinking for taking a gab year. The hustle is real here, yes it's hard but it's real and you get paid. If you want to make it abroad be open minded, follow people that have sense an try to find your own part.

Please stop discouraging people with your comments And Better stop talking what you don't know . So many good people leave this groups because instead of asking questions on how they do it to be successful here abroad we go about attacking them. A single referral here in Poland will change your life. I am a living witness and testimony
Re: Polish Student Visa by kid7soccer(m): 9:48am On Apr 18, 2022
victz:
Your case is similar to that of a Naija guy that I and my friend met at Volkschochshule who claimed that he got a job as an engineer/technician in an Automobile company in Germany because he learned Mechanic in Nigeria. When we all know that it's not possible without going through German apprenticeships system (Ausbildung). Instead of him to tell us that he got an Ausbildung placement after his B1 he claimed that he got direct employment as technician. I and my friend laughed over it because we know his type. 2days later my friend told me that we should confront the guy and point out his lies to his face. I told my friend that there was no need for that since we already know the truth. My friend insisted that we must confront him that if we did not that he would think that he has succeeded in brainwashing us and will continue to spread the lies to other people too.

I agreed we confronted and pointed it out to his face and gave him proofs that he was laying. We demand that he produced his appointment letter as proof. After much he later agreed that it was a 3year Ausbildung placement that he got at the automobile industry. An Eritrean guy later got an Ausbildung placement in the same company. It was even the Eritrean guy that told us some of the other lies the same guy told him.

How many Polish people have you seen doing UberEATS jobs delivering food to people houses to house with bicycle even in cold winter? I did not see an single white person in Poland doing that job. Most of the people doing that job are black Africans. Any white person you see doing that type job checkout that person very well you will discover that he is not Polish he maybe from Kosovo, Bosnia, Armenia those countries that Poland is better than.

There are many Italians, Greeks who are graduates in different fields in their country doing menial jobs in Germany. So make no mistake of thinking that those Polish people doing menial, semi-skilled jobs in Germany, UK and other Western European countries are not educated. Many of them are educated in their own language. Many of them acquired some degree in their country before they left. They could have remained in their native Poland collecting less than 20 Zloty minimum wage which is equivalent to 4Euros per hour doing wihite collar jobs. But they decided to move to Germany where they can earn 12 Euros or more per hour and even more in Scandinavian countries, Switzerland and the UK.

when was the last time you visited Poland. I had a friend who when to Germany to do Uber (mind you it not everywhere in Germany that has Uber services operational) his monthly in and those of us here in Poland had almost no difference. Polish people even use their car to do UberEATS as a part-time job because of how lucrative it is.

I tried uploading a photo of my earnings and some pictures so you and other like you can see and stop arguing blindly. I don't know why it's not uploading. You will see a week I work just 3days and made 1500 pln.

With UberEATS In this Poland during winter I saw people make up to 18k now that's Summer people are making 10-12 k. I make 6-7 k working as a student.

And yes as I said, I model and act, but I don't always take the opportunities that come my way as a full time student because I have to travel and will not have access to my class during the event or shooting as it's against the job. The reason I took up working with the movies now is because of the long Easter holidays.

As I said, while you are busy form woke about what you don't know with your assumption based on you outdated experience, people are coming to this same Poland and are making it better than you can imagine. You are just like some Nigerians here that are earning 2.5-3k a month here and when the see the Uber guys they will be forming all porch meanwhile we could pay them their salaries and still have extra.

Some of my friends will tell you that they don't need white collar jobs because they earn even more than some people with white collar jobs here.

Instead of trying to prove you know too much ask questions. I rest my case
Re: Polish Student Visa by Keninn001: 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2022
Please lets focus
Re: Polish Student Visa by BikeMan: 3:45pm On Apr 18, 2022
Guys, don't let anyone come on a social forum and become the arbiter of truth for you. The below screenshot is the job a Nigerian lady took while see was doing her Masters at Wroclaw, she another fulltime job now that she graduated. If you have the skill, you will be fine in most European countries, please.

Go to LinkedIn, search for your school and check the Africans there. You will be surprised that many of them are working with tech companies while studying. It may not be a senior role, but it puts food on their table while they study.

Re: Polish Student Visa by BikeMan: 3:49pm On Apr 18, 2022
These are Nigerians talking about how they worked during their studies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNqq7WRDICA&t=1018s

2 Likes

Re: Polish Student Visa by victz: 6:18pm On Apr 18, 2022
I am not against anyone doing any kind of job to survive in Europe or elsewhere. There is dignity in labour. I don't lookdown on people doing UberEATS jobs with bicycle or any kind of job. It is better to do an UberEATS jobs with bicycle and other menial jobs than taking to crime or involving oneself in illicit trades.

However, I only pointed out the lies and bogus claims of that person who claimed that he/she got the job as a banker in a financial sector in Poland after 2 months of arrival in Poland as an international student and the other one on students visa who claimed that he is working a as an investment banker at JP Morgan full-time, studying and doing UberEATS eat job delivering food house to house at the same time.

It is possible and easier to get those type of skilled or highly skilled jobs in English speaking countries like the UK, US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand but it is not that easy and most times nearly impossible to get that type of positions/jobs in non-English speaking European countries. Some Nigerians got nursing, medical doctor positions in the UK directly from Nigeria. But you can't even a direct Nursing position in Germany for instance or the position of a receptionist in a standard hotel without going through their Ausbildung system because everything is done in their language and not in English.

There are some of our guys working in big firms like Mercedes, Siemens, Daimler AG, Audi, IBM, DHL, BMW, Bosch, Amazon, Volkswagen, Volvo et al and making a good living from there earning even more than people who do white collar jobs despite the fact that they are mostly doing factory jobs in those big firms
Re: Polish Student Visa by teewest100: 8:20pm On Apr 18, 2022
The most important thing in life is to find balance in whatever part of the world you find yourself, living in Germany, UK, US, Canada doesn’t mean you’re doing much better financially than someone in poland, while it’s also vice vassal…

There are people who has wasted years in America, Canada, UK an others yet they have nothing to show for the years been spent, while someone living an working just in Dubai as a maid is building houses back at home, the goals is to be successful, not to fight over the best country, wherever you choose to settle make sure it the right decision. If you choose to settle in poland, settle an make your money, if na Germany, make your money, whichever country, been financially balance is the goal, because at the end of it all, you all have yourself to balance.

4 Likes

Re: Polish Student Visa by BikeMan: 7:41am On Apr 19, 2022
victz:
I am not against anyone doing any kind of job to survive in Europe or elsewhere. There is dignity in labour. I don't lookdown on people doing UberEATS jobs with bicycle or any kind of job. It is better to do an UberEATS jobs with bicycle and other menial jobs than taking to crime or involving oneself in illicit trades.

However, I only pointed out the lies and bogus claims of that person who claimed that he/she got the job as a banker in a financial sector in Poland after 2 months of arrival in Poland as an international student and the other one on students visa who claimed that he is working a as an investment banker at JP Morgan full-time, studying and doing UberEATS eat job delivering food house to house at the same time.

It is possible and easier to get those type of skilled or highly skilled jobs in English speaking countries like the UK, US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand but it is not that easy and most times nearly impossible to get that type of positions/jobs in non-English speaking European countries. Some Nigerians got nursing, medical doctor positions in the UK directly from Nigeria. But you can't even a direct Nursing position in Germany for instance or the position of a receptionist in a standard hotel without going through their Ausbildung system because everything is done in their language and not in English.

There are some of our guys working in big firms like Mercedes, Siemens, Daimler AG, Audi, IBM, DHL, BMW, Bosch, Amazon, Volkswagen, Volvo et al and making a good living from there earning even more than people who do white-collar jobs despite the fact that they are mostly doing factory jobs in those big firms
Dude, you're so loud for someone living ignorantly inside a bubble. Just say you don't know Nigerians with skilled jobs in other European countries and this argument wouldn't even have started. I've seen Nigerians in IT and Finance roles in countries like Poland and Lithuania. The world doesn't end where you live.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Polish Student Visa by AllKnowing: 9:42am On Apr 19, 2022
I’m ashamed for the rest of y’all. This argument has gone on for far too long. Don’t you realize there are people who will live in Heaven and claim God didn’t make living fair for them.

Many men have made fortunes in Hell, also!

Y’all worry about Nigeria; because what is giving you bragging rights about your earnings abroad is the conversion you do to naira! Euro, Dollar, zloty - it means nothing until you deceive yourself and “convert”!

1 Like

Re: Polish Student Visa by Emmanuel711: 9:03pm On Apr 19, 2022
Hello.
I’m new to nairaland. A friend of mine recommended it for me. I’m currently looking for a date to legalize my documents in the polish embassy. On the website, there aren’t any available dates. Please could anyone assist me with how I can make this work. I heard if someone has a date he/she could assist with legalization. Please if anyone knows a group chat that I could join where I could meet more people with similar issues, I’ll really appreciate it
Re: Polish Student Visa by enyraver: 10:43pm On Apr 19, 2022
Emmanuel711:
Hello.
I’m new to nairaland. A friend of mine recommended it for me. I’m currently looking for a date to legalize my documents in the polish embassy. On the website, there aren’t any available dates. Please could anyone assist me with how I can make this work. I heard if someone has a date he/she could assist with legalization. Please if anyone knows a group chat that I could join where I could meet more people with similar issues, I’ll really appreciate it

E message me, i can direct you to someone that can help you. I can’t drop my number on nairaland
Re: Polish Student Visa by kalex0(m): 2:52pm On Apr 20, 2022
AllKnowing:

Please send a PM and I’ll send you the link

Please help me with the link, I really don’t know how the DM thing works here

Please add me

0816053538zero
Re: Polish Student Visa by enyraver: 8:25am On Apr 23, 2022
kalex0:

Please help me with the link, I really don’t know how the DM thing works here

Please add me

0816053538zero

Click on the person’s username. Swipe down and click send E-mail message
Re: Polish Student Visa by Omojaja: 6:18pm On Apr 25, 2022
victz:

There are some of our guys working in big firms like Mercedes, Siemens, Daimler AG, Audi, IBM, DHL, BMW, Bosch, Amazon, Volkswagen, Volvo et al and making a good living from there earning even more than people who do white collar jobs despite the fact that they are mostly doing factory jobs in those big firms

Baba my bro just got a banking job in poland

3 Likes

Re: Polish Student Visa by BikeMan: 8:15am On Apr 26, 2022
Just sent an email, please check AllKnowing
Re: Polish Student Visa by Jejenimoney(f): 2:41pm On Apr 27, 2022
[quote author=oluwaseunadebay post=100367131][/quote] please how long does it take to legalise at polish embassy,I mean how many days? Thanks
Re: Polish Student Visa by AllKnowing: 4:22pm On Apr 27, 2022
BikeMan:
Just sent an email, please check AllKnowing

No access. I’ll mention you with link on a dead thread!
Re: Polish Student Visa by AllKnowing: 4:22pm On Apr 27, 2022
Jejenimoney:
please how long does it take to legalise at polish embassy,I mean how many days? Thanks

7 days.
Re: Polish Student Visa by BikeMan: 4:29pm On Apr 27, 2022
AllKnowing:

No access. I’ll mention you with link on a dead thread!
All right. Will be expecting.
Re: Polish Student Visa by Icydan: 4:09pm On Apr 28, 2022
Statement of account is for people in poland or those who have family relatives there . Read that well.
They are still accepting cc and payslip. My agent told me that and his at Abuja also .

Re: Polish Student Visa by Ykhgu1: 5:35am On Apr 30, 2022
victz:
Agreed with the first paragraph of your comments. The same way you were disappointed/shocked when you got to Cyprus and discovered that many of them cannot communicate effectively in English is the same way you would not only shocked but disappointed too when you get to Poland. I was surprised that in capital Warsaw and Gadńsk everything was in Polish including train and buses. While in some big German cities like Stuttgart, Munich... the language in their S-Bahn(speed Trian) is German and English.

There are some Americans, British, Nigerians et al guys in Germany that works in IT sectors because in some IT sectors English is what is required. So you maybe right to say that your sister works in an IT sector in Poland. Some Nigerian Engineering grauduates in Germany are given field jobs because those field jobs does not require much German but many of them have at least B1 German proficiency. But Management science graduates are not that lucky to get office jobs/white collar jobs because of language barrier.

But how can someone work in a bank in Poland with english when some of your colleagues in the bank cannot even Express themselves in English? Some doesn't understand English at all. How do you communicate with clients patronising the bank? Or are you trying to tell me that it is only English speaking clients that patronise the bank? To get a decent job in Poland you don't need English but you need Polish which is the national and working language in Poland. Same with Germany, Finland and other non-English speaking European countries.

It is not true that the Polish people doing menial jobs in other Western European countries are not educated. Many of them are educated with different degrees/qualifications. The Polish literacy rate is 96.4% while that of Nigeria is around 64.2% that is to tell you that statistically Poland have more literate indigenous population percentage wise/country average than Nigeria. Hope you are aware that the fact that someone does not understand English does not mean that the person is an illiterate? He/She can be literate or highly educated in other languages. Go to the UK there are many Nigerians, Pakistanis, Indians with masters degree, some with two masters doing care jobs. And other menial jobs because they cannot find skilled jobs in the area of their studies and also to keep body and soul together.

There are more English speakers in Germany than in Poland yet it is not possible to work in German banks without high German language proficiency. I was surprised that on two different occasions in Germany the doctors I consulted does not understand English. They had to get an interpreter. The first time was in Stuttgart the doctor was a little bit advanced lady in her early or middle 50s. While the other doctor was in the city where I was living before she was a young lady less than 30. She told me that she does not understand English, they had to call for an interpreter. If someone had told me before then that there are some German doctors who does not understand English I will tell them that it is lie. That is Germany ooo! That have more English speakers than Poland.

That firms are moving to Poland will not change the working language to English because 70- 80% of the people that would be working in those firms are Polish. What Poland is currently enjoying is what is called Comparative cost advantage in Economics. It is cheaper to produce and also build industries in Poland than in other Western European countries because of the cheap labour that is available in Poland. The current minimum wage per hour in Poland is less than 20 Zloty which is equivalent to 4Euros while the current minimum wage per hour in Germany is 12Euros, It's even more in Scandinavian countries, Switzerland and the UK. The aim of every investor/business/firms is to maximize profit and reduce cost. A German, Scandinavian, American, British investor/industrialist would rather build his company in Poland because of the cheap labour in Poland, cheap rent, minimum tax etc.

Germany have many advantages that America does not have but after studies many of our guys prefer moving to America or Canada instead remaining in Germany. The main reason why they are leaving is because It's extremely difficult or nearly impossible for you to get to the pinnacle of your career in non-English speaking European countries than in America, Canada, UK, Australia. One bros that did his masters, PhD and Post Doc in Germany moved with his family to the US. The bros have always been aspiring to become a lecturer. But he could not get that position in Germany after sending more than 200 applications to different German universities. This bros and his wife has C1 in German. The Germans did not find him good enough to lecture at their universities but America found him worthy enough to lecture there. His wife announced few weeks ago that she got the position of a business manager in the US. A position that is nearly impossible for her to get in Germany and other non-English speaking European countries.

When it comes to teaching of English language to non-English speaking Europeans. These Europeans would prefer an American/British/Canadian with less qualifications to teach them English than our Nigerian guys with higher qualifications because of our Nigerian/African accents. Funny enough many Germans will tell you that "Dein Englisch ist Schlecht" meaning that your English is bad just because you are not speaking with British/American accent but these are Germans that does not understand simple idiomatic expressions that primary school pupils in Nigeria play around with.

Your writE-UP has some elements of facts, but writing about English LangAUGE in Poland or Germany is a waste of time. IS like talking about Amala in Umuahia Abia. Poland is Polish simple. Nigerians get English jobs simple even in banks. Credit Suisse has Our guys, BNY HAS OUR GUYS. USE YOUR TIME TO DO SOMETHING BETTER. if you want an English country go to the Uk or Amerika.
Re: Polish Student Visa by Ykhgu1: 5:44am On Apr 30, 2022
kid7soccer:
if I told you in winter I was making 500-600 pln with courier will you believe ? If I told you that once got paid 40pln an hour teaching English will you believe ? If I told you that in this summer that me and some of my nigerian brothers Hustle and make 350pln a day with UberEATS will you believe that full time UberEATS couriers in Poland make more than white collar job workers. I know people who use ebike and make 10k a month that is more than 2k euros

If I told you I am getting paid 420 -tax every day I take part in shoot for a movie will you believe?.

Keep on sleeping and walloping in your ignorance.

If you come to Wroclaw hit me up I go show you road. I rest my case. For those in Warsaw if your good looking hit me up I'll connect you. Thank you

I rep Wroclaw Nicholas hit me up!! it seems this is Micheal ex boy Logistics University.
Re: Polish Student Visa by Ykhgu1: 5:45am On Apr 30, 2022
BikeMan:
These are Nigerians talking about how they worked during their studies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNqq7WRDICA&t=1018s

Our own Grace. WE REP WROCLAW AND UMUAHIA
Re: Polish Student Visa by huncho22(m): 8:16am On Apr 30, 2022
Please guys I have a question and I really need answers
For number 8 &10 what documents to use...
For som1 dar was last year intake October This person was denied for number 8&10 what are the necessary documents the person needs to submit
Re: Polish Student Visa by Hannania(m): 11:55pm On Apr 30, 2022
victz:

There are some of our guys working in big firms like Mercedes, Siemens, Daimler AG, Audi, IBM, DHL, BMW, Bosch, Amazon, Volkswagen, Volvo et al and making a good living from there earning even more than people who do white collar jobs even though they are mostly doing factory jobs in those big firms
Jobs in IT this days are 99% centric on English. That's because most firms are leveraging the remote benefits.

Go to job boards like justjoinIT for Poland, and 95% of jobs there require a B1 level in English.

I'll agree with you on none IT fields, but every foreigner I've encountered who studied and works in Poland in IT is doing so in an English working environment.

I'm sure you're not in IT, and you don't know this. I currently work remotely as a Java backend Developer for a company in Gdansk, and it's purely English. The 23 other applications I made before my 7 interviews, all required English proficiency. Now talk more of Nigerians in Poland.

The IT world is presently English centric, because of the Global sourcing of talents.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Polish Student Visa by tchaley17: 8:38am On May 01, 2022
Hi everyone

I have an application for a visa appointment for a spring semester course. The application is still in the drawing process but I will apply for a winter semester course as well. Do I withdraw my application and apply for a new one or still allow it to continue?

I look forward to hearing from you guys
Re: Polish Student Visa by AllKnowing: 9:05am On May 01, 2022
tchaley17:
Hi everyone

I have an application for a visa appointment for a spring semester course. The application is still in the drawing process but I will apply for a winter semester course as well. Do I withdraw my application and apply for a new one or still allow it to continue?

I look forward to hearing from you guys

You can’t withdraw once enrolled in the Embassy’s system. You’ll keep getting mails either ways. If you’re looking to resume by October 2022, I’ll suggest you update your school now and get them to send you fresh documents stating you’ve “once again deferred resumption to winter intake”
Re: Polish Student Visa by tchaley17: 12:27pm On May 01, 2022
AllKnowing:

You can’t withdraw once enrolled in the Embassy’s system. You’ll keep getting mails either ways. If you’re looking to resume by October 2022, I’ll suggest you update your school now and get them to send you fresh documents stating you’ve “once again deferred resumption to winter intake”

Hi, @Allknowing. Thank you so much for the reply. I am applying to a new school not the same school.
Re: Polish Student Visa by kid7soccer(m): 1:09pm On May 01, 2022
Ykhgu1:

I rep Wroclaw Nicholas hit me up!! it seems this is Micheal ex boy Logistics University.
hi brother, not Nicholas, but we go sabi each other. I'm in university of business in Wroclaw. Will hit you up now through private mail
Re: Polish Student Visa by kid7soccer(m): 1:18pm On May 01, 2022
I responded to all dm.�

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (568) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.