Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,954 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Polish Student Visa - Travel (530) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Polish Student Visa (907606 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) ... (568) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polish Student Visa by necz: 10:54pm On Aug 12, 2022
Well said.

Just keep on trying and be optimistic about it.

enyraver:

Thanks for the response. From Monday till today Friday, i was leaving rent free on that site from 6am till 3pm. When i get busy with work i designate people to be checking for me yet we didn’t see any. No other option than to stay optimistic & keep checking
Re: Polish Student Visa by necz: 10:59pm On Aug 12, 2022
As a Master student; You shouldn't have a problem self-sponsoring if you can defend the source of your money. Also ensure your account has good inflows and outflows..

As a BSc student; Better you find yourself a Sponsor.

NOTE: I'd advice you to get a sponsor whether you're coming for BSc or MSc with sufficient funds.

Hannania:
Hello guys, it's been a while I came here. Whats Polish embassy's stand on self sponsorship ?

I intend to self sponsor my self. For those who did it recently, who did it go ?
Re: Polish Student Visa by Hannania(m): 11:38pm On Aug 12, 2022
necz:
As a Master student; You shouldn't have a problem self-sponsoring if you can defend the source of your money. Also ensure your account has good inflows and outflows..

As a BSc student; Better you find yourself a Sponsor.

NOTE: I'd advice you to get a sponsor whether you're coming for BSc or MSc with sufficient funds.

I'm going for a master's, and I'm self-funding. how I wish they use a block account model like Norway, Germany, Austria, Sweden, and Switzerland. It's straightforward.

1 Like

Re: Polish Student Visa by enyraver: 5:42am On Aug 13, 2022
Re: Polish Student Visa by Darius4God(m): 7:30am On Aug 13, 2022
I am guessing you last visited Poland in the 1990s. To clear your doubts, go to LinkedIn, search for Nigerians and see for yourself. People got here and in 3 months, they got an official job. Many employer will always start business here in Poland because of cheap labour. Poland uses PLN while most of the European countries use Euro. The salary for one person in other European countries can employ 5 people in Poland. There are still few who didn't get official jobs yet but they are not idle. In fact, getting a job in Poland is easier than many European countries. One of the reason Nigerians leave Poland is due to currency. You convert small euros, it becomes large in Naira and on the contrary, Polish zlt will be 1/4th. So stop using single story to discourage others. Like I said go to LinkedIn and see. More than 60% of foreigners are employed in top firms.
victz:
Oga, I'm not trying to discourage you or anyone in anyway. I am just stating the obvious about Poland. The fact is that many of our Naija guys abroad are too economical with the truth. They paint things about the country they are to make it look like they are in heaven. It's only when you get there that you will begin to know the truth. Or if you have family members that are opening up to you.

The question I kept on asking that I haven't gotten any answer is those that told you that are working in Investment banking and financial sectors in Poland are they working with Polish languages or English? If you tell me that they are working with Polish I can believe even though it's very rare/difficult because Polish is the working language in Poland and it's not easy to learn and master the language overnight. If you are not born there or grew up there you can't master the language perfectly. You will be able to write/speak to some extent. You will often get stocked at some point when writing/speaking not only Polish but also German, Finnish, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian et al.

I spent some time in Warsaw and Gadńsk. I did not get to see too many black people in Warsaw which is not only their administrative capital but also their commercial capital. The place I came across many blacks was in Gandsk which is one of their top tourist destination. I have never been to Wroclaw but I don't think Wroclaw have more English speakers than capital Warsaw and tourist city of Gandsk. I didn't study in Poland. But I have been long enough in Europe to know what is obtainable. Many of this guys claiming big boys that are doing white collar jobs in Poland have not even spent up to 3years in Poland. Some guys in Germany are working at Mercedes, Daimler AG, Bosch they are earing big but many of them will not tell you that it's factory job that they're doing. Though some of them are working with their degree.

As for that guy that said that he got an 8k Zloty modelling job per day. Good for you congratulations!. If Polish people are making up to 8k Zloty per day/month many of them would not leave their country to do both skilled and unskilled/menial jobs in other Western European countries where they earn less than 8k Zloty which is approximately 1800Euros per month.

Most Nigerians who came to study in Poland are actually using Poland as japa route to other countries. If Poland is the way you painted it our guys would remain there. They would not be eager to move to other countries. Who knows if that was what the Polish authorities discovered that made them to make it difficult for Naija students to secure a visa interview appointment slots at their Abuja embassy?

Poland is better than Naija and some other Eastern European countries no doubt about that but if the place is utopia like the other modelling guy and Financial sector worker painted it. Nigerian students would not be eager to leave. Our Naija guys love hustling, they are eager to make it. They won't be planning to leave if things are rossy in Poland.

Come to think of it many Polish people are leaving their country in droves to other Western European countries. I have not seen Scandinavians, Germans, French, Spanish, Swiss, Finnish people leaving their country the way the Polish people are doing. If they are earning well in Poland they won't be leaving.

That was how one guy was arguing with us when he arrived Germany newly. After spending almost 3years in Germany and discovered that he cannot cope with the language and the system. He went for an exchange program in the US. He never came back to Germany he remained in the US. But that was the same guy that initially said that he will never leave Germany to any other country that Germany is the best country in the world.

1 Like

Re: Polish Student Visa by necz: 8:35am On Aug 13, 2022
Well, we prefer it this way cause it gave even the hopeless the opportunity to achieve their Jakpa dreams. I guess what seems straightforward and easy for many might not be thesame for you BUT then that what the Embassy is currently demanding or asking for.

Hannania:
I'm going for a master's, and I'm self-funding. how I wish they use a block account model like Norway, Germany, Austria, Sweden, and Switzerland. It's straightforward.
Re: Polish Student Visa by counter44: 9:41am On Aug 13, 2022
enyraver:
For those who want to apply for work visa. The portal is currently open for bookings

Hi,

Thank you for the update. Do you mean Work Visa applicants could book a date directly like the Student Visa applicants, instead of joining the weekly draw?

I've been in the weekly draw system for some weeks now and would like to know if you meant to say that the portal was open for booking dates directly or joining the draw process.

Thanks.
Re: Polish Student Visa by Hannania(m): 10:24am On Aug 13, 2022
necz:
Well, we prefer it this way cause it gave even the hopeless the opportunity to achieve their Jakpa dreams. I guess what seems straightforward and easy for many might not be thesame for you BUT then that what the Embassy is currently demanding or asking for.

The problem is using someone that isn't related to you. You have to prove to the embassy how you guys are related. How do you guys beat that?
Re: Polish Student Visa by counter44: 10:53am On Aug 13, 2022
Hannania:
The problem is using someone that isn't related to you. You have to prove to the embassy how you guys are related. How do you guys beat that?

Definitely not an expert in this matter. Take my suggestion with a pinch of salt.

If you own the "sufficient funds" already, I think you can go ahead to submit your own bank account statement. In my opinion, the more important part is you'd need to explain to the Embassy in your cover letter the amount you own in your account, evidence of how you've earned the money over time (employment docs/business docs/etc), how much you'll need to spend per month while studying, and how you intend to use the money in your account to cover your expenses in their country through the 1 year period.

The Embassy never said you must have a third-party sponsor before you can get an education in their country. Of course, they know that some people can afford to send themselves to school.

In my opinion, it's just about being honest with the Embassy on the details of how much you have and how you'd cover your cost - Visa decisions are made on a case-by-case basis, not one-size-fits-all.

Lastly, your own money can only be spent by you; money owned by someone else (a sponsor) can't be 100% guaranteed to be spent on you, since the sponsor may need to use their money at any time for some personal/emergency reasons - you can't stop them.

If you honestly represent and accurately prove to the Embassy that you really own the funds and it's sufficient for your expected cost of living in their country (including emergencies), I think you'd have met their requirements on proof of funds.

2 Likes

Re: Polish Student Visa by counter44: 11:03am On Aug 13, 2022
See. Nothing here says the proof of funds must be money owned by a third-party sponsor.

Re: Polish Student Visa by enyraver: 11:19am On Aug 13, 2022
Hannania:

Use your account and apply as self sponsor. It's really no big deal
Re: Polish Student Visa by Hannania(m): 11:31am On Aug 13, 2022
counter44:

Definitely not an expert in this matter. Take my suggestion with a pinch of salt.

If you own the "sufficient funds" already, I think you can go ahead to submit your own bank account statement. In my opinion, the more important part is you'd need to explain to the Embassy in your cover letter the amount you own in your account, evidence of how you've earned the money over time (employment docs/business docs/etc), how much you'll need to spend per month while studying, and how you intend to use the money in your account to cover your expenses in their country through the 1 year period.

The Embassy never said you must have a third-party sponsor before you can get an education in their country. Of course, they know that some people can afford to send themselves to school.

In my opinion, it's just about being honest with the Embassy on the details of how much you have and how you'd cover your cost - Visa decisions are made on a case-by-case basis, not one-size-fits-all.

Lastly, your own money can only be spent by you; money owned by someone else (a sponsor) can't be 100% guaranteed to be spent on you, since the sponsor may need to use their money at any time for some personal/emergency reasons - you can't stop them.

If you honestly represent and accurately prove to the Embassy that you really own the funds and it's sufficient for your expected cost of living in their country (including emergencies), I think you'd have met their requirements on proof of funds.
This goes well. Thanks
Re: Polish Student Visa by Summerbutterfly: 11:57am On Aug 13, 2022
Good morning,

I’ve been seeing a lot of messages regarding a weekly draw to get appointments for student visa. Please can someone explain how it works ?
Because I emailed the embassy and they are saying the only way to get the appointment is by checking their website.
Re: Polish Student Visa by counter44: 12:09pm On Aug 13, 2022
Summerbutterfly:
Good morning,

I’ve been seeing a lot of messages regarding a weekly draw to get appointments for student visa. Please can someone explain how it works ?
Because I emailed the embassy and they are saying the only way to get the appointment is by checking their website.

Hey,

The weekly draw is now for Work Visa applicants only, afaik.

Student Visa applicants now get appointments by monitoring the e-konsulat website (all day, all night, every day lol), and booking immediately when new appointment dates are published.

Sadly, I'm in the waiting boat for a Work Visa appointment through the weekly draw. I wish the Work Visa appointment booking was just like the Student Visa.

Hope this helps.
Re: Polish Student Visa by Hannania(m): 3:51pm On Aug 13, 2022
enyraver:

Use your account and apply as self sponsor. It's really no big deal
For Option C, just to be clear, it means I can fund an account with a polish bank with the yearly living expenses of PLN 9300(950k Naira) plus the return ticket PLN2500(250k Naira) which amounts to 1.2m. Though for rigidity, I'm thinking of 2.5-3m. Plus 1 year tuition paid in advance

Is that right?

Please need inputs from all those experienced in this.

Re: Polish Student Visa by enyraver: 6:03pm On Aug 13, 2022
Hannania:
For Option C, just to be clear, it means I can fund an account with a polish bank with the yearly living expenses of PLN 9300(950k Naira) plus the return ticket PLN2500(250k Naira) which amounts to 1.2m. Though for rigidity, I'm thinking of 2.5-3m. Plus 1 year tuition paid in advance

Is that right?

My candid advice for you, when it comes to POF don’t follow website calculations ooooo. If na like 4m most people won’t be using sponsor. Budget to show from like 6m upwards but others would still advise you sha

1 Like

Re: Polish Student Visa by Ifetemirinsola: 6:35pm On Aug 13, 2022
Icydan:
Hello

Please how can one identify a fake appointment date?
Please any reply to this question
Re: Polish Student Visa by Hannania(m): 6:35pm On Aug 13, 2022
enyraver:

My candid advice for you, when it comes to POF don’t follow website calculations ooooo. If na like 4m most people won’t be using sponsor. Budget to show from like 6m upwards but others would still advise you sha
I've seen people use 3m that's why I'm certain. Majority didn't use a polish bank acct.
Re: Polish Student Visa by enyraver: 8:57pm On Aug 13, 2022
Hannania:
I've seen people use 3m that's why I'm certain. Majority didn't use a polish bank acct.
Embassy never mandated anyone to use a polish bank account. Polish bank account option is basically for those that have relatives there already just as their is a section in the visa form to fill if you relatives there. Embassy is not asking u to open an account with a polish bank from nigeria.

Since u’ve seen people use 3m & got visa then i believe u have your answers already.
Re: Polish Student Visa by merrygorou(m): 11:16am On Aug 14, 2022
helppartner:
If you're ready looking for how to authenticate or evaluate your documents In Nigeria,
You don't need any agent to go through this for you!

This video is detailed enough to help you go through the process By YOURSELF on your phone.

Don't let anyone bill you for simple things you can do by yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDS4bdlu2r8

Please, is it a must that we will authenticate our documents before securing a Masters degree admission in Poland..

1 Like

Re: Polish Student Visa by nivlek(m): 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2022
Good day guys
Please what's the current process for getting appointment reservations? Is the drawing system still on or that has been changed? Please assist.
Re: Polish Student Visa by talkless78: 12:20am On Aug 15, 2022
enyraver:
For those who want to apply for work visa. The portal is currently open for bookings
details bro here thanks
Re: Polish Student Visa by necz: 7:03am On Aug 16, 2022
You can't fund a Polish Account.

The Polish Banking System is rigid and it doesn't allow that. So your best shot is still to get a Nigerian Sponsor.

Hannania:

Is that right?

Re: Polish Student Visa by Gbemiakins: 5:42pm On Aug 17, 2022
Hello house, please any ideas on how I can appeal for a number 8 and 10 sad
And please does anyone have a date for legalization in the embassy for next week (P.S I don't mind paying). If you do please hit me up.
God no go shame us! lol
Re: Polish Student Visa by Adeade98(m): 6:49pm On Aug 17, 2022
[quote author=dlordy100 post=115531851]Vietnam work and study visa available. A lot of opportunities in Vietnam if you're good with your English skills [/quote

I have interest.
08057215280-. WhatsApp
Re: Polish Student Visa by demmy79: 4:07pm On Aug 18, 2022
If you don't mind Study in France and Luxembourg is nearly free for International students .WhatsApp me 09020715272 for more details
Re: Polish Student Visa by Bigsteppa12: 4:38pm On Aug 18, 2022
Hi guys,

I got an admission for MSc in poland but I got my bsc certificate in Benin Republic. I was told I need to authenticate my results in Ministry of Foreign affairs in Benin Republic. Does anyone knows how long it’s going to take to authenticate my results? Cuz My visa appointment is on the 29th of Aug.

Thanks
Re: Polish Student Visa by demmy79: 4:42pm On Aug 18, 2022
Where did you want to apply?
Bigsteppa12:
Hi guys,

I got an admission for MSc in poland but I got my bsc certificate in Benin Republic. I was told I need to authenticate my results in Ministry of Foreign affairs in Benin Republic. Does anyone knows how long it’s going to take to authenticate my results? Cuz My visa appointment is on the 29th of Aug.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) ... (568) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.