Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,417 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD (41682 Views)

Open Letter From A Nigerian Lady To South Africans / See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia / Malawi, Congo, Bar South Africans From Entering Their Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by silvernus0: 10:35am On Apr 23, 2015
HW CAN THEY TAKE OUR NATIONALS SERIOUS WEN , D GOV OF D DAY SELF NO DEY SERIOUS WIT ITSELF ND PEOPLE, ABEG BUHARI SHLD ENTA MAKE WE SEE IF VALUE OF GOVERMENT WIL CHANGE
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by sirjomore(m): 10:39am On Apr 23, 2015
south Africa is synonymous to xenophobia
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by chachanga: 11:04am On Apr 23, 2015
Mtcheew embarassed!

Nigerians, all talk, bullshit &bluster but no action.
Emptily bragging since 1801
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by joe120120(m): 11:06am On Apr 23, 2015
mightycrown1:
THE world watched in horror at the violence in South Africa, targeted at foreigners in several cities. Gangs of weapons-wielding youth descended on hapless foreigners, killing, maiming and destroying their property. Shops and restaurants were looted, and in most cases, these went on with law enforcement agents seeming to derive some pleasure from watching.

Many trace the violence to a statement credited to the Zulu King, Goodwill Zwelithini, who called on foreigners, who he blamed for the high crime rates and unemployment among South Africans, to leave.

Nigerians were a sizeable proportion of the attacked foreigners. No death was reported, but they suffered great losses – their businesses were targets. Many were injured. These attacks have been regular since 2008, the only difference each time is the increasing intensity.

They are unofficial, but the official South African attitude to Nigerians is not much different. The repatriation of 124 Nigerians in March 2012 over alleged forged immunisation cards is one. There were sufficient grounds to believe that the Nigerians suffered that fate because they travelled on a Nigerian carrier. Only months ago, South Africa botched an arms deal with Nigeria and made headlines out of it.

Nigerians are angry about the vehemence and barbarity with which South Africans attack fellow Africans even when it is obvious that there is live television coverage of the attacks. If anything, the

unwillingness of the police to act, assures the attackers that they would be immune from punishment. We recall Nigerian contributions, officially, and individually to the liberation of South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, and Angola. The contributions were diplomatic, financial and extended to scholarships and training for their students.

Since the collapse of apartheid, South Africa businesses have flourished in Nigeria, exploiting Nigerians, paying minimal wages, and repatriating hefty profits annually. Nigerians know these,

including humiliation they face when they apply for South African visas while nationals of countries that supported apartheid require no visa to enter South Africa.

Why are South Africans so hostile to Nigerians? We think it is in the interest of both countries to find out. The excuses about unemployment and crimes are speculations, especially when the menial jobs other Africans do would not appeal to South Africans and crime statistics do not support the crime claim.

No reason justifies the attacks. We commend the patience of Nigerians who protested, instead of attacking South African interests in Nigeria.

The Nigerian protesters warned both governments that time is running out for them to address the causes of the attacks. Our government should ensure South Africa pays adequate compensations for the losses. We would no longer sacrifice Nigerians for diplomacy. Let these attacks be the last.

SOURCE: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/south-africans-attack-nigerians/

I hate my country Nigeria for being so quite ,The world today is about what you give and what you take ,we are waiting to long ,let s give the south Africa what their deserve by punishing them back period,
close all their company in Nigeria ok . So that the world will know that Nigeria are also living on earth like any other country
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by Itulah(m): 11:12am On Apr 23, 2015
I`ll recommend Nigeria wage a war with South Africa. Am battle Ready!!! angry
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by ELFINITO2(m): 11:16am On Apr 23, 2015
SFSNIPER:
Our boys down there are too relaxed. If only I were to be in SA, GOD knows I'd have done some serious payback.

I've discovered that some slow and shallow thinkers are not thinking smart at all and as such looking at my post as an impossibility. When I talked about a payback, I didn't mean going out to confront a mob. I meant laying ambush for the unlucky South African to walk in and be KILLED. Don't they know anyone whom they will attack? NOBODY HAS A MONOPOLY OF VIOLENCE. Just weak minds too dumb to strategize and too afraid to act. Well I have a full idea of what I mean so feel free to judge with your weak mind. And like I said, I wish I were in SA.
And u think ds ll solve the problem, or further complicate ish, then result in more killing. And that makes u no different from those who started t den. And moreover what gives u d beliv dat who u r tryna waylay ain't gonna b stronger than u, and eventually kill u. Anyways as always #JusSayin
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by COCakanni(m): 11:27am On Apr 23, 2015
we don dey gatter BADDEST CREW wey we dey carry go destroy dose stupid ingrate south africans.....included in the list are:
1. SFSNIFER,
2. Politricks a.k.a mr.TERMINATOR
3. JOE120120
4. Black Jesus
etc
limited slot available pls include ur name now b4 its too late....
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by pumppin(m): 11:27am On Apr 23, 2015
politricks:
Hahahahaha are you not coming again.....Online Sniper.
sniper don run hahahaha
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by Leez(m): 11:31am On Apr 23, 2015
mightycrown1:
THE world watched in horror at the violence in South Africa, targeted at foreigners in several cities. Gangs of weapons-wielding youth descended on hapless foreigners, killing, maiming and destroying their property. Shops and restaurants were looted, and in most cases, these went on with law enforcement agents seeming to derive some pleasure from watching.

Many trace the violence to a statement credited to the Zulu King, Goodwill Zwelithini, who called on foreigners, who he blamed for the high crime rates and unemployment among South Africans, to leave.

Nigerians were a sizeable proportion of the attacked foreigners. No death was reported, but they suffered great losses – their businesses were targets. Many were injured. These attacks have been regular since 2008, the only difference each time is the increasing intensity.

They are unofficial, but the official South African attitude to Nigerians is not much different. The repatriation of 124 Nigerians in March 2012 over alleged forged immunisation cards is one. There were sufficient grounds to believe that the Nigerians suffered that fate because they travelled on a Nigerian carrier. Only months ago, South Africa botched an arms deal with Nigeria and made headlines out of it.

Nigerians are angry about the vehemence and barbarity with which South Africans attack fellow Africans even when it is obvious that there is live television coverage of the attacks. If anything, the

unwillingness of the police to act, assures the attackers that they would be immune from punishment. We recall Nigerian contributions, officially, and individually to the liberation of South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, and Angola. The contributions were diplomatic, financial and extended to scholarships and training for their students.

Since the collapse of apartheid, South Africa businesses have flourished in Nigeria, exploiting Nigerians, paying minimal wages, and repatriating hefty profits annually. Nigerians know these,

including humiliation they face when they apply for South African visas while nationals of countries that supported apartheid require no visa to enter South Africa.

Why are South Africans so hostile to Nigerians? We think it is in the interest of both countries to find out. The excuses about unemployment and crimes are speculations, especially when the menial jobs other Africans do would not appeal to South Africans and crime statistics do not support the crime claim.
Omo wen d shoprite gig dy happen na?

No reason justifies the attacks. We commend the patience of Nigerians who protested, instead of attacking South African interests in Nigeria.

The Nigerian protesters warned both governments that time is running out for them to address the causes of the attacks. Our government should ensure South Africa pays adequate compensations for the losses. We would no longer sacrifice Nigerians for diplomacy. Let these attacks be the last.

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by yetunsbay(m): 11:41am On Apr 23, 2015
Rilwayne001:
These people no dey fear at all, I just pray they stop their nonsense before we start our own.

Thank God shoprite is not far from my house angry

Grapes and smoozy on my mind angry
that shoprite is the G
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by Svelteb(f): 11:45am On Apr 23, 2015
This is really sad cry cry
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 23, 2015
Itulah:
guy i no fear gun but i fear bullet... OYO
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by gpovo(m): 12:19pm On Apr 23, 2015
SFSNIPER:

Sir, I owe you NO explanation. I don't want you to even believe me to payback. I know what I can do. But if you doubt, give me your address and I will pay you a dangerous visit, Mr Terminator.

Oboy u b fool o, y u dey abuse pple after u don talk rubish, u dey find wahala How u 4 fit take fight SA if to say u dey dere? I beg find me reach my side if u get guts....I dey stay no 15 IYARA road, warri, close 2 mkt road. I dey wait 4 ur visit, ask 4 d area of Ovo, na my name b dat den we go see weday u go reach ur house 2 telll d story....idiot.
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by Obijulius: 12:23pm On Apr 23, 2015
Classic reply.

fpeter:

silly boy, why are you concerned about my post?

1 Like

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by MduZA: 12:25pm On Apr 23, 2015
Itulah:

lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by themodernman: 12:40pm On Apr 23, 2015
Rilwayne001:

That's bad. Well, that's non of my bizz undecided

Puerile pranks...grow up.
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by fardolly: 12:51pm On Apr 23, 2015
HOT STOVE APPROACH IS D WAY OUT
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 23, 2015
lawdiami:
Why is south African so heartless, don't they have their brother too in foreign land, AU r u there, why silent. #wipingformybrothersdyingincoldblood#

**ahem!
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by Parolee: 1:10pm On Apr 23, 2015
1stola:
South Africans are bastąrd miserable people.
Lazy fucktárds.
They can't work but want to eat.
That is why all they do is prostitution and armed robbery
and drugs.
WHO research has shown that out of every 10 pregnant
South African women, at least 4 is HIV positive
May they perish in their disease.
Mandela slept in prison for nothing.
These animals don't deserve freedom.
They are the real reason the whites call blacks "monkeys"
[b]Even their stupíd president is in support of it [/b]and i don't
blame him when our own president just sits idle without
taking any measure to resolve or repatriate our citizens.
At this juncture, we should also be preparing to destroy
everything south Africans own in Nigeria too e.g Shoprite,
Mr Price, GoTv, DSTV, MTN, STANBIC BANK E.T.C
When the time is right, i will personally revenge.
100 modafúcking lives of South Africans to every 1
Nigerian life lost.
Imagine what they did to a three years old boy after killing
his parent...
https://www.nairaland.com/2263951/join-now-fight-
justice-freedom

Seems from your post you are equally an animal.
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by walemadu: 1:11pm On Apr 23, 2015
Nigerians go home and rebuild ur country! very soon there will no place to go
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by Parolee: 1:14pm On Apr 23, 2015
Burlah4u2c:

The topic sounded like there's a fresh attack on Nigerians leading to death... Vanguard is just too silly for stirring this up...what are they up to?

Thanks for observing this....I was wondering what is this topic about. I had to quickly check with media houses here in SA and I found nothing about fresh attacks....actually this whole episode is starting to evaporate.
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by themodernman: 1:18pm On Apr 23, 2015
mightycrown1:

We Nigerians should stop complaining. Our attitude is what has brought us to the position we're currently. Because we fought Apartheid for them doesn't mean we can go to their country & act like we're colonizing them again...doesn't mean we can go there & misbehave. Other countries are complaining about Nigeria as well...If someone complains about you you may be innocent but if everyone complains about you all d time then you need to check yourself...funny enough Nigeria is somehow d culprit in ds Xenophobia & we've succeeded in putting other African countries in trouble. A pity...
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by Parolee: 1:28pm On Apr 23, 2015
ttmacoy:
The funny thing is the police and authorities are watching and doing nothing, but if Nigerians fight back they would probably get arrested for attacking back. Shame.

Here in the UK I see many white south Africans have left the cou try working here and many in Australia as well leaving the country to the blacks who seem to be bent on destroying

Your firs statement about our government and police is not true. The president has been addressing this matter in parliament, tv interviews and actually engaging with the displaced foreigners personally. A rally was held at the Durban stadium on Monday....everybody who is authority spoke strongly against xenophobic attacks / killings.....therefore this nullifies your statement as hot air.

You also spoke about our police. Except for 1 or 2 cases....our police service personnel have worked very hard to maintain peace and order. Even the army, SANDF, has for the last 3days been involved in various places around Durban and Joburg. This also nullifies your assertion about our police as hot air.

For your own sake....do not believe everything the white people you will see loitering about in London, Toronto, Sydney etc badmouthing SA and all that...yes the country has got challenges but it still functions just so fine. The black government is trying their best....new roads being built, new powerplants, new universities, new railwaylines etc....the country has got challenges but functions just so fine...

In actual fact if the white people want to leave...they can just do so with great pleasure and stop badmouthing our country....we have got enough bad publicity already we dont need them adding to that....but you free if you want to believe them it's your choice.
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by Sunymoore(m): 1:39pm On Apr 23, 2015
hifaif:

Yes, that is the spirit. We are for PEACE. God bless. I just hope their government act responsibly and not shield these beasts. It is beginning to look like some of their police officers are shielding these criminals.
Yeah bro, we are in for peace.. Their government should deal with the offending officers ASAP.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 23, 2015
As I dey vex naw... wetin I fit do o
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by carmelostones: 2:10pm On Apr 23, 2015
im South African, I have Nigerian friends! I don't condone this attacks, me my family and many other South Africans!!!!!!
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by 1stola: 2:33pm On Apr 23, 2015
Parolee:

Seems from your post you are equally an animal.
Son of a drunkąrd old fool
Who opened your cage?
Bloody animal
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 23, 2015
South africa's news24 peddling false news
www.biznews.com/briefs/2015/04/23/mtn-office-in-nigeria-attacked-presumably-due-to-sa-xenophobic-attacks/

they later deleted but the news has been repeated by several sites.. vanguard is right!
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by tochstorm(m): 4:49pm On Apr 23, 2015
SFSNIPER:
Our boys down there are too relaxed. If only I were to be in SA, GOD knows I'd have done some serious payback.

I've discovered that some slow and shallow thinkers are not thinking smart at all and as such looking at my post as an impossibility. When I talked about a payback, I didn't mean going out to confront a mob. I meant laying ambush for the unlucky South African to walk in and be KILLED. Don't they know anyone whom they will attack? NOBODY HAS A MONOPOLY OF VIOLENCE. Just weak minds too dumb to strategize and too afraid to act. Well I have a full idea of what I mean so feel free to judge with your weak mind. And like I said, I wish I were in SA.

This is one of them low-lifers:

You sound really pained!!! Is that your best? Please try something harder. Even if I was born by a mad woman, I'd still be proud of her as my mum. NO APOLOGIES ON THAT. Now, for the second time, suck a fat man's dick.
keep calm when i get angry i demonstrate it at once. first of pick a stone go to shoprite n shatter the glasses.
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by tochstorm(m): 4:51pm On Apr 23, 2015
eleko1:
What Nonsense ?They shud fight back those useless animals.Moja. Mosa ni a mu Akinkanju.Akinkanju t'o moja ti o mosa yio b'ogun lo.God help SA,there business isn't in Kano/ND area.Bastards sad
they have about 17 office in kano and shoprite is scattered all over kano. so do something Bout it
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by khassy(m): 5:38pm On Apr 23, 2015
chysam:

Guy thief dey your blood before. You are just waiting for an opportunity to strike and display your. natural talent.No forget say naija police different from S.A police. You know woraimin don't you?

I go give the police two biscuit and one pure water ;P tongue tongue
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by ooshinibos: 5:52pm On Apr 23, 2015
joe120120:

I hate my country Nigeria for being so quite ,The world today is about what you give and what you take ,we are waiting to long ,let s give the south Africa what their deserve by punishing them back period,
close all their company in Nigeria ok . So that the world will know that Nigeria are also living on earth like any other country

you are forgetting we don't have a government , you are forgetting Jonathan of PDP is a lame duck that cannot provide security for his people in Nigeria ...Jonathan is a gentle man and he is useless when it comes to standing up for Nigeria , he will rather eat pepper soup , watch football and a bottle of whisky ...and see all Nigerians die at home or diaspora ...the guy is just too whatever ,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Vladmir Putin And Xi Jinping Pay Tributes To Queen Elizabeth / Thousands Gather In London To Demonstrate Support For Palestine / Donald Trump Tweets, 'North Korea Is Looking For Trouble'(Photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.