Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes (123523 Views)

Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern / Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC / 4 Universities Approved To Run E-learning Degree Programmes In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by olaolulazio(m): 2:51pm On Apr 23, 2015
Adekunke Ajasin University Akungba(AAUA)
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by Dforest(m): 2:53pm On Apr 23, 2015
Thank God that FUTO is not there. The PG there sucks especially in SOSC. If you wanna go there, you should volunteer a good four years for M. Sc before thinking of internal defence.
At op, you should consider BUK as one of the best PG schools.
I've passed through the above institutions.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by afynwa(f): 2:53pm On Apr 23, 2015
what of LASU? Ar dey fast n affordable?
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by olaolulazio(m): 2:54pm On Apr 23, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
why?

Cus he used 7years instead of the normal 4years, and still grad with a pass.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by fheyizsmart: 2:54pm On Apr 23, 2015
What of National open university of Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by kepal99(m): 2:54pm On Apr 23, 2015
literarymathy:

Nice one cool

Delta State University, Abraka operates a standard masters programme in all faculties. It is fast if the student is serious and fairly affordable as well. The staff strength, though cant be compared to federal universities, is moderate and the academic rigour is tough. The programmes here are meant to produce the best of the best.
What's the duration
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by MrHighSea: 2:56pm On Apr 23, 2015
literarymathy:

Its rather on the high side in terms of finance though. It is okay if you devote your all to it. Writing a thesis is the problematic aspect and the defence is usually extremely TOUGH!!! Expect to complete your programme there is about 19months average.
Thks. Seems to b frm experience.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by Adyrin(m): 2:57pm On Apr 23, 2015
The skool is too stressful
ALKARULEZZ:
why?
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by otokx(m): 2:57pm On Apr 23, 2015
Blurry:
Please remove Unilag from this list?

I am yet to see a school that will frustrate you as much as this school.

Speaking as an Ex-Msc student....abandoned the programme

Take a trip to Pitakwa.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by nifton(m): 2:57pm On Apr 23, 2015
Ebenezer5:
in terms of fastest unn is not among, unizik is more faster
Sure?cuz i av some niggas dat scaled thru dia Msc in record time yle during my degree program in d den.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 23, 2015
kepal99:
What's the duration

Oh. The timing depends on the seriousness and commitment of the student. The least time however is 18months.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by Charleslewizy(m): 2:58pm On Apr 23, 2015
Confam malabite
I rep unical
My alma mata

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by Henryedom: 3:00pm On Apr 23, 2015
clemz88:
Houdebge north american university port nouvo
does Hnaub offer MSC?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 23, 2015
literarymathy:

On what grounds?
don't mind the guy.He can't say anything concerning his school.Lack of communication skill is affecting him..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 23, 2015
if you are going for MBA, MSC business admin or MSC public admin then UNIBEN is your number 1 choice but if going for MSC ACCOUNTING , PHD ACCOUNTING OR PGD ACCOUNTING BE WARNED. DO NOT ATTEMPT GOING TO UNIBEN BECAUSE A SEMESTER IS 7 TO 8 MONTHS I.E 5 - 6 MONTHS FOR LECTURES , 1 MONTH FOR PREPARING FOR EXAM AND ANOTHER 1 MONTH FOR THE EXAM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 23, 2015
NairalandPolice1:
why?

My fwnd elder sister wey dey final yr in delsu wen I was in ss3, I don finish nysc. na now Shey dey go service.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by Dforest(m): 3:08pm On Apr 23, 2015
WYman2:
[size=15pt]Nigerian's pls help a student,who is in trouble.
I have been seeking help,for over one month now and it is not yet coming.
all the people that called,just disappointment.
Am sorry for bringing this kind of issue here,but I have no option than to seek help.anywere.I can get..
I don't want to go into my personal details.
that would be for anyone who ask of it but I just want to say a little about my ordeal..
I am a student of NOUN university,studyin B.s.c criminology and security studies,who has been doing well.
I am responsible for my school fees,right from primary school,cos my dad didn't see any need,giving us eduction,but deep inside me.I refused to subcribe to his ideology and I wanted the best for my family,cos our condition was terrible,"financially".
My mom had to take care of our education.7 of us.
has the first.I couldn't stand the sight of seeing her go through all does suffering.
Just to give us eduction,so I left home and started hustlin from primary 5 and I took care of my school fees right from then till I graduated from secondary,now am in the university and was doing well,until I invested all I had in an importation business which leta turned out to be a scam,now am down to zero.
My school fees has elapsed, for a long time now.
I don't even attend lectures and can not write exams,which ironically means,that I will have to withdraw from school.
I would have gone for student loan,but I have tried to secure a student loan before,when I got scholarship to study outside and needed money for my papers,but it was frustrating cos I have no one to stand for me.

The amount in question is,N52,000 and am ready to work for it,if necessary.
I am not saying you should dash me the money,a loan will be well appreciated and am ready to use all my school,birth,state of origin cartificate's, infact all my earthly possesion as a collactorall for the loan
Pls nigerian's. I know so many people bring fake story about such matters online,so am ready to corporate with anybody who can help verify this story.I live in abuja.

[size=15pt]please,I want to appeal to those,who called,and at the end keep posting me.
after calling and showing interest in helping,I stopped posting this article online.
what I get at the end is posting,..you are not doing any good to my situation.instead,u are worsinin it,the time I would have use to get help,is wat you are wasting. by making me to stop posting this online..
I did my best to corperate and even sent my school registration NO and study centre for
comfirmation..
I am not saying,they should dash me this money.I can work for it,just that am not fit right now to raise the the money and exam,is around the corner..
[/size]
[size=15pt]
I WILL BE VERY GREATFUL,IF ANY ONE CAN ASSIST ME WITH A LOAN INSTEAD

SOM1 QUOTED ME,QUESTIONIN THE CREDIBILITY OF THIS STORY.
IF YOU HAvE UR RESERVATIONS CONCERNIN THE CREDIBILITY OF THiS STORY.
YOU CAN MEET UP WITH ME,SO WE COULD GO,TO MY STUDY CENTRE TOGEDA FOR COMFIRMATION OR AT MY SCHOOL HEAD OFFICE,AT WUSE,HERE IN ABUJA
[/size]

[size=17pt]NOTE:pls if you can't assist with a loan and want to render direct financial assistance.you don't have to pay directly to me.
I will appreciate it more,if you pay directly into my school account.
Which you can google urself to comfirm
[/size]
Your ordeal is so pathetic but I have neither gold nor silver. The importance of this to me now is for seeking of asylum papers. Thanks brother.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by legendsilver(m): 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2015
Blurry:

I am yet to see a school that will frustrate you as much as this school.

Don't discourage others with what befell you. Unilag is a sch where Msc programs last for just one year.
I have friends that are through with theirs and they will be convocating nextweek. I look up to people like that not you that ignored a program many others would have dearly appreciated.
In fact
U failed your Msc, talk truth? grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by jojomario(m): 3:10pm On Apr 23, 2015
literarymathy:

Please throw more light on NOUN's pace
not only in their master program. It's the same with undergraduate programme. 4yrs is 4yrs and a year is a year.
To graduate with the normal course year, you have to be average or a little bit above average. Reason being that you study and digest the materials on your own for examinations, watch online course videos etc.

But normal course duration has no delay. No public holiday nor semester breaks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by engrfcuksmtin(m): 3:11pm On Apr 23, 2015
PG in Nigeria depends on level of seriousness of the student and thesis supervisor. I did my MSc (Soil Survey and Classification) in 14 months at University of Ado Ekiti. Currently the tempo at which I am moving with my PhD research, I may finish in record time of 36months. Within 6 months I am about to do the second seminar.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 23, 2015
Blurry:

I am yet to see a school that will [b]frustrate [/b]you as much as this school.

Truth angry angry sad
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by jojomario(m): 3:12pm On Apr 23, 2015
Stelvin101:

My fwnd elder sister wey dey final yr in delsu wen I was in ss3, I don finish nysc. na now Shey dey go service.
she has lied to you. I smell some extras. AKA carry over

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by jojomario(m): 3:12pm On Apr 23, 2015
Stelvin101:

she has lied to you. I smell some extras. AKA carry over.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by BeloHorizonte14: 3:14pm On Apr 23, 2015
UniLag? OP you know any one who successfully finished MSc from there or just hear-say?

Is UniLag even a good school for Msc,let alone considering how fast their Msc programmes are?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by Dewtor(m): 3:14pm On Apr 23, 2015
Add Lautech to that list sharply

Get free Bulk SMS units from [url]smscenturion.com[/url] after free registration
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 23, 2015
Last year, a Professor told me that, "it is easier for the head of a camel to go through the eye of a needle, that for anyone to get admitted into University of Ibadan Masters Programme."

Yeah, I just got admitted into the 2o14/2o15 session for MSc...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by vone2000tolu: 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2015
GREAT!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2015
Dewtor post on 3026912:
Add Lautech to that list sharply

Get free Bulk SMS units from [url]smscenturion.com[/url] after free registration

Kindly state the grounds on which you say that.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by spencekat(m): 3:21pm On Apr 23, 2015
Most of Universities in Nigeria joke with their postgraduate programs.A student may likely finish the course work within 12 months and use 3 years for thesis.The delay is usually hinged on internal and external defence coupled with frustrations from wicked supervisors.Majority of these higher institutions,fix defence once in a year,which is too poor.Moreover,school fee keeps accumulating till you do your external defence.I advise an intending postgraduate student to try UI. Alternatively,if he or she has money,UK is the best destination.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 23, 2015
"...UNN, esp faculty of engineering?!..."
some people will just relax in their sitting room and be writing thrash... #LaughingInChinese
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by EagleScribes: 3:31pm On Apr 23, 2015
Did you just say OAU? Don't even go there! We are talking about time of completion here.

Don't even try OAU and FUTA. I'm speaking from experience

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) / A Thread For Prospective Industrial Training (SIWES) Students. / No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.