Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life (3040 Views)

Do You Like Twins?? ..... Get In Here!!! / Childhood Days: What Were Those Things You Dare Not Try In An African Household? / Why Do Some Men Like To Tempt Married Women? Why??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 16, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Hippo it is then. Definitely. cheesy

D'you know they live the most peaceful lives?

No, I didn't. Tell me more. cheesy I heard they are very fast?
Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by EfemenaXY: 6:42pm On Oct 16, 2016
Mindfulness:

No, I didn't. Tell me more. cheesy I heard they are very fast?

grin grin

Stop it. You know they aren't. But I still like them.

Peaceful as per nothing/ no predator hassles them. Not with those jaws. So there's a wary but respectful boundary/ distance others maintain and keep their distance.

Babes, I'm stressed...sigh

1 Like

Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 16, 2016
EfemenaXY:

grin grin

Stop it. You know they aren't. But I still like them.

grin grin grin grin grin

I swear someone told me they can be very fast. There are some crazy videos on youtube. Check it out. grin

Peaceful as per nothing/ no predator hassles them. Not with those jaws. So there's a wary but respectful boundary/ distance others maintain and keep their distance.

They live a peaceful life but don't let others live a peaceful life. Not cool Efe, not cool. grin

Babes, I'm stressed...sigh

Why don't you relax? kiss kiss
Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by EfemenaXY: 7:02pm On Oct 16, 2016
Mindfulness:

grin grin grin grin grin

I swear someone told me they can be very fast. There are some crazy videos on youtube. Check it out. grin

Lol! Okay. Will have a look. cheesy

They live a peaceful life but don't let others live a peaceful life. Not cool Efe, not cool. grin

I know. cheesy

But it's either you harass or be harassed...

Why don't you relax? kiss kiss

I can't!!!

Things were going so well, I got bored and wanted a challenge. Now I've got looming deadlines and I'm still procrastinating!!!

You know that feeling of being trapped, knowing the right thing to do but feeling rooted to the spot like a deer caught in the middle of the highway with the full beam of a fast-approaching car on it, but yet it doesn't dash off to safety?

That's exactly how I feel. ***wails***

1 Like

Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 16, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Lol! Okay. Will have a look. cheesy

I know. cheesy

But it's either you harass or be harassed...

I can't!!!

Things were going so well, I got bored and wanted a challenge. Now I've got looming deadlines and I'm still procrastinating!!!

You know that feeling of being trapped, knowing the right thing to do but feeling rooted to the spot like a deer caught in the middle of the highway with the full beam of a fast-approaching car on it, but yet it doesn't dash off to safety?

That's exactly how I feel. ***wails***

You have a motivation problem but you know what they say? You have a motivation problem until you have a time problem. grin grin

All is well dear. I know where you at. I have been there many times. grin
Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by EfemenaXY: 7:35pm On Oct 16, 2016
Mindfulness:

You have a motivation problem but you know what they say? You have a motivation problem until you have a time problem. grin grin

All is well dear. I know where you at. I have been there many times. grin

Oh dear.

Gimme solutions.

Or better still, effective breathing techniques. I swear my Ying isn't in alliance with my Yang, thus the imbalance. sad

1 Like

Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 16, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Oh dear.

Gimme solutions.

Or better still, effective breathing techniques. I swear my Ying isn't in alliance with my Yang, thus the imbalance. sad

I wanted to tell you to meditate initially but most people don't listen to me so I have given up on telling them to. undecided
Sit comfortably in an armchair or on your sofa and make sure nobody disturbs you. You can also do it outside in nature where it's quiet but considering this time of the year, it would be too cold when it has to be cosy and comfy. Set your alarm clock for 15 minutes, close your eyes and quiet your mind. It will wander off and that's normal. The moment you catch your mind thinking, you concentrate on your breathing again. You will feel refreshed afterwards and more peaceful. It's re-energizing. I do it every day. It has changed my life in a beautiful way.

Option 2:

Make a one-day plan. Decide on the minimum of what you want to get done. Anything else is an extra. Start small small. Huge amounts of worrk are overwhelming and dismotivating. But once you decide on the minimum and the time when you will start, you just start without allowing yourself to think of whether to start or not. You tell yourself. It's just a little I have to do and you do it. Once you get the flow going, it will be easier.

Create a nice atmosphere in the room you work. Get a nice cup of tea. Also remember what inspired you to do those things. Remembering the inspiration will help. kiss

1 Like

Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by EfemenaXY: 7:58pm On Oct 16, 2016
Mindfulness:

I wanted to tell you to meditate initially but most people don't listen to me so I have given up on telling them to. undecided
Sit comfortably in an armchair or on your sofa and make sure nobody disturbs you. You can also do it outside in nature where it's quiet but considering this time of the year, it would be too cold when it has to be cosy and comfy. Set your alarm clock for 15 minutes, close your eyes and quiet your mind. It will wander off and that's normal. The moment you catch your mind thinking, you concentrate on your breathing again. You will feel refreshed afterwards and more peaceful. It's re-energizing. I do it every day. It has changed my life in a beautiful way.

Option 2:

Make a one-day plan. Decide on the minimum of what you want to get done. Anything else is an extra. Start small small. Huge amounts of worrk are overwhelming and dismotivating. But once you decide on the minimum and the time when you will start, you just start without allowing yourself to think of whether to start or not. You tell yourself. It's just a little I have to do and you do it. Once you get the flow going, it will be easier.

Create a nice atmosphere in the room you work. Get a nice cup of tea. Also remember what inspired you to do those things. Remembering the inspiration will help. kiss

Thank you!

I definitely will try these out, especially the breathing technique ...hope it works for me.

Re: procrastinating, I do remember what motivated me in the first place oh! I've done my research, series of interviews, but compiling the report? embarassed

Bleerrrggghh. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 16, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Thank you!

I definitely will try these out, especially the breathing technique ...hope it works for me.

Re: procrastinating, I do remember what motivated me in the first place oh! I've done my research, series of interviews, but compiling the report? embarassed

Bleerrrggghh. lipsrsealed

You have done the research and the interviews. Why doesn't it feel good to document the work you have done? Focus on the end result and enjoy the process. Just get started but take a small step to get started. Once you are in the process, it will flow. smiley

You have finished your education when yur kids were little. This should be a child's play for you. wink

1 Like

Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by Acheron: 9:13pm On Oct 16, 2016
Mindfulness:

Option 2:

Teach me the bolded. Do you mean I should not allow my mind to wander? How can I tell that I'm doing it right?

1 Like

Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by EfemenaXY: 9:17pm On Oct 16, 2016
Mindfulness:

You have done the research and the interviews. Why doesn't it feel good to document the work you have done? Focus on the end result and enjoy the process. Just get started but take a small step to get started. Once you are in the process, it will flow. smiley

You have finished your education when yur kids were little. This should be a child's play for you. wink

Sigh

Will try. Goodnight love. kiss
Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 16, 2016
Acheron:

Teach me the bolded. Do you mean I should not allow my mind to wander? How can I tell that I'm doing it right?

Your goal is to quiet your mind, to stop the (obsessive) stream of thoughts. It's only possible for a few seconds at the beginning stages.
So sit down in a quiet place where you won't be disturbed. Wear comfortable clothes, set the alarm for 15 minutes and close your eyes. It's important that you feel comfortable. Breath in and out. Try to let go off your thoughts by focusing on your breathing. Your mind will wander off again and again. It's ok. The moment you notice it, focus on your breathing again. Then your mind will wander off again. Don't beat up on yourself, just be happy that you caught yourself thinking again and focus on your breathing. It will repeat itself until your alarm rings. Very normal. It's not possible not to think for 15minutes but it will get better with time. The thought free moments will become longer and longer and you will learn to control the direction of your thoughts, concentrate better and re-energize. You will feel more relaxed and stronger. It's best to do it every day because through meditation you connect with a deeper level of your soul. There is a lot of power in silence.

Enjoy! Don't make hard work out of it. Play with it and enjoy. smiley

There is no right or wrong in this. Everyone can do it. wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 16, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Sigh

Will try. Goodnight love. kiss

You have been thinking about it even though you could have ignored it today and just relaxed with me. wink

Goodnight Sunshine! Have a good night rest. The motivation will come again like it always does. wink kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by Acheron: 9:46pm On Oct 16, 2016
Mindfulness:

Your goal is to quiet your mind, to stop the (obsessive) stream of thoughts. It's only possible for a few seconds at the beginning stages.
So sit down in a quiet place where you won't be disturbed. Wear comfortable clothes, set the alarm for 15 minutes and close your eyes. It's important that you feel comfortable. Breath in and out. Try to let go off your thoughts by focusing on your breathing. Your mind will wander off again and again. It's ok. The moment you notice it, focus on your breathing again. Then your mind will wander off again. Don't beat up on yourself, just be happy that you caught yourself thinking again and focus on your breathing. It will repeat itself until your alarm rings. Very normal. It's not possible not to think for 15minutes but it will get better with time. The thought free moments will become longer and longer and you will learn to control the direction of your thoughts, concentrate better and re-energize. You will feel more relaxed and stronger. It's best to do it every day because through meditation you connect with a deeper level of your soul. There is a lot of power in silence.

I will give it a try tomorrow and see how it goes. Thanks
Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 16, 2016
Acheron:

I will give it a try tomorrow and see how it goes. Thanks

OK. I hope you will let me know. smiley

Why are you interested at all?
Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by Acheron: 10:03pm On Oct 16, 2016
Mindfulness:

OK. I hope you will let me know. smiley

Why are you interested at all?
I once caught my cousin in the act. I asked him what he was doing and why he does it, I can't remember what he said verbatim but I remember him saying meditation has helped him become more peaceful, attentive, appreciative and understanding the power of his own mind. I never asked him "how he does it".

Why am I interested? I want Peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 16, 2016
Acheron:

I once caught my cousin in the act. I asked him what he was doing and why he does it, I can't remember what he said verbatim but I remember him saying meditation has helped him become more peaceful, attentive, appreciative and understanding the power of his own mind. I never asked him "how he does it".

I agree with your cousin wholeheartedly.

Why am I interested? I want Peace of mind.

Meditation is a very simple but effective way to achieve it.
Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by Acheron: 10:16pm On Oct 16, 2016
Mindfulness:

I agree with your cousin wholeheartedly.

Meditation is a very simple but effective way to achieve it.
What led you into meditation and personally, how has it helped you?
Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 16, 2016
Acheron:

What led you into meditation and personally, how has it helped you?

I have always been what people call a positive and optimistic person until I lost a loved one in tragic circumstances and completely unexpected. From then on, life took a turn for the worse. I wasn't feeling suicidal but I wasn't eager to stay alive either. My whole world was breaking apart. This is where my spiritual journey started. I was reading huge piles of books from around the world and I discovered that all books that resonated with me mentioned meditation. I tried it but didn't take it very seriously at the beginning. I meditated every now and then until I discovered that I shouldn't meditate to accomplish something but to enjoy the silence, the calmness, and at times contentment that comes with it. Then I decided to do it every day, to make time out for it, 15-20 minutes. And with time I noticed the changes. I became more peaceful, more mindful, more focused, stronger and happier. I also noticed that it helps me choose the direction of my thoughts from negative thinking to a more positive outlook. I stopped worrying about things that are beyond my control and learned to relax faster after stressful days. Today I consider myself to be one of the happiest people in the world. Not because I never have problems to solve but because I have more power and energy to cope with life's challenges. I feel deeply connected to the stream of life and what people call soul, the spirit that you can feel when you focus on your breathing and that you encounter beyond the obsessive stream of thought. I am not religious as I used to be but I am on a spiritual journey and it is a beautiful experience.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by Acheron: 10:40pm On Oct 16, 2016
Mindfulness:

I have always been what people call a positive and optimistic person until I lost a loved one in tragic circumstances and completely unexpected. From then on, life took a turn for the worse. I wasn't feeling suicidal but I wasn't eager to stay alive either. My whole world was breaking apart. This is where my spiritual journey started. I was reading huge piles of books from around the world and I discovered that all books that resonated with me mentioned meditation. I tried it but didn't take it very seriously at the beginning. I meditated every now and then until I discovered that I shouldn't meditate to accomplish something but to enjoy the silence, the calmness, and at times contentment that comes with it. Then I decided to do it every day, to make time out for it, 15-20 minutes. And with time I noticed the changes. I became more peaceful, more mindful, more focused, stronger and happier. I also noticed that it helps me choose the direction of my thoughts from negative thinking to a more positive outlook. I stopped worrying about things that are beyond my control and learned to relax faster after stressful days. Today I consider myself to be one of the happiest people in the world. Not because I never have problems to solve but because I have more power and energy to cope with life's challenges. I feel deeply connected to the stream of life and what people call soul, the spirit that you can feel when you focus on your breathing and that you encounter beyond the obsessive stream of thought. I am not religious as I used to be but I am on a spiritual journey and it is a beautiful experience.
I hope to achieve all that too.. and soon.
Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 16, 2016
Acheron:

I hope to achieve all that too.. and soon.

I feel that you will but you have to know that you don't achieve it like a college degree that you get to keep after your final exams. On some days you lose it and then you reach for it and find it again. It's just that with meditation you will feel more secure at maintaining it because you will know how.
Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by Acheron: 10:52pm On Oct 16, 2016
Mindfulness:

I feel that you will but you have to know that you don't achieve it like a college degree that you get to keep after your final exams. On some days you lose it and then you reach for it and find it again. It's just that with meditation you will feel more secure at maintaining it because you will know how.
Thank you, Mindy.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 16, 2016
Acheron:

Thank you, Mindy.

You are VERY welcome! smiley

Keep me updated, pls. wink
Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by Acheron: 11:01pm On Oct 16, 2016
Mindfulness:

You are VERY welcome! smiley

Keep me updated, pls. wink
I will

1 Like

Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by eyinjuege: 2:10pm On Oct 17, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Interesting.

I'd prefer to roam wild and free, unhindered.

So definitely a wild animal. Either as a hippo or a crocodile. Most likely a croc. smiley

Hmmmm....

Just try that, and be a croc in Naija.

You'll be surprised to find yourself inside peppersoup pot , and on front page on NL cheesy
Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 17, 2016
I used to want to be a character in some sort of fantasy anime series smiley
Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 17, 2016
I have all the time in this life to do anything i want to...why wait for next life

1 Like

Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by oweniwe(m): 4:56pm On Oct 17, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Interesting.

I'd prefer to roam wild and free, unhindered.

So definitely a wild animal. Either as a hippo or a crocodile. Most likely a croc. smiley

Why croc nah? The waters are getting polluted. ..

Plus if you swim enter some African water and den catch you.. . Pepper soup is ready wink
Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by oweniwe(m): 5:11pm On Oct 17, 2016
I want to be.. .. a badass soldier whose mission is to liberate oppressed people.

Like only me gunning down the Boko guys.

I'll have been a soldier today.. . Even studied security at University.. . But for physical fitness. .. Sad sad
Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by EfemenaXY: 9:35am On Sep 02, 2017
Mindfulness:

There is no right or wrong in this. Everyone can do it. wink

This is such good advice. I should bookmark it. Somewhere airy, spacious, and quiet - before the rest of the family awakens - like my back garden should do.

What d'you think?

Morning dear smiley
Re: What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 02, 2017
EfemenaXY:

This is such good advice. I should bookmark it. Somewhere airy, spacious, and quiet - before the rest of the family awakens - like my back garden should do.

What d'you think?

Morning dear smiley

Perfect my dear!

The best time is in the morning because in the morning hours the mind is less active but I am always in a hurry in the morning so I do it later in the day. I recently read an article of how meditation changes the brain. It has been shown in brain scans. I love to meditate. If I go two days without meditation, I become a danger to everyone around me. grin On a more serious note, meditation has made me non-reactive but more responsive. I am in full control of my thoughts and emotions. Hell can break lose and I will keep my cool if I choose to. cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Single Mom / Serious Relationship / Her Lack Of Ambition Is Killing My Happiness.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.