Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

In-laws Attack! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / In-laws Attack! (8810 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Mother In-laws Too Mean Towards Their Daughter In-laws?. / What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) / Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In-laws Attack! by kandiikane(m): 4:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
krystal101:
Its obvious your brain needs check up. You jes took the matter upon yourself, insulting people.
You need to grow up.

How is something an insult when it is fact. You asked where the op stated brokeness, I pointed you to his post. Why not refer to that? Obviously, you are an idi.ot, jumping into something without fully comprehending it. I will only grow up when your grown self has matured enough to stop jumping. Bye bye. wink
Re: In-laws Attack! by Ngokafor(f): 4:21pm On Apr 24, 2015
cococandy:
Na wa. What's your mother-in-laws plan for your marriage if I may ask.
Because the way some people behave towards their children's husbands and wives makes one wonder if they really want their kids to be happily married at all.

Don't let that vandalism of your property go unpunished. They have to fix it for you, Those brothers-in-law of yours. I'm quite certain they didn't even over-hear your conversation with their mother but they have made you the enemy just because your MIL says so.
If your wife can't convince her mother to treat you with respect as her life partner then why is she married to you?

MILs of naija. SMH. Today they are slapping their daughters-in-law,tomorrow they are vandalizing their sons-in-law properties.
No single Respect for those their kids chose to spend the rest of their lives with.

And some people still think MILs are above reproach. undecided

....Exactly!...when some of us frowned at the gangster attitude of the MIL assaulting her DIL here,some pathetically immature dudes were spewing trash like kids here.

...I mean what sort of lawlessness in the name of marriage do we condone in this part of the world viz a viz this forum?..no iota of decency or decorum what-so-ever!..the next thing they will swarm threads with silly epistles all over the place justifying crap angry

...Now another MIL has gone koko with her family on the op..imagine the kind of harrasment this Man has gone through in the hands of his mean and busy-body in-laws...all because he did did not want his own biological children to embark on a journey to Warri!..na waoo!

..@OP sorry sir,but i wonder what your wife's take is on this issue...is she okay with the vandalism and harassment by her family because of the botched Christmas Warri trip? embarassed.....

..*sighs* i just tire for all these overly meddlesome in-laws honestly.

2 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by thetruthnl: 4:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
edwife:

And why?

Do not pay attention to frustrated lonely wives who parade NL from morning till night.
Your opinion is yours and anyone stupid should mind their business! cool cool

6 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by damiso(f): 4:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
Op your wife needs to try to learn how to make your family decisions come across to her family as 'we' and not 'I' or 'he'. Very important.

Let her not fall for this emotional blackmail.execpt they don't love their daughter or sister she needs to register her displeasure by punishing this unacceptable behaviour. They will make up later.

3 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by crackhaus: 4:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
kandiikane:

angry

your ancestor's nyash!
Lmao... cheesycheesy
Re: In-laws Attack! by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 24, 2015
kandiikane:

People do stup!d things. It could be the woman pushed him to do it, who knows, but as someone with such responsibilities, such big purchases should not be made even if you will only be short of funds for just a short period of time. You only do that when it affects just you, even that is a misplaced priority.
The car is a luxury that's all

Hmm I don't think a car for someone who cares for 3 kids is a luxury oo. Imagine her trying to navigate getting around with 3 small kids in public transport in the blazing sun. Not great. What kind of father would leave his kids to suffer like that when he can afford, maybe with a bit of belt tightening to get his wife a car.

Unles he leaves his car for wifey and takes bus to work

4 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by LaRoyalHighness(f): 6:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
Endure... Keep showing your in-laws love... And most importantly fast and pray for 40days and 40 nights.

Kpele.. I feel your pain but I go through worse in the hands of my in-laws and if na me create this thread, na so you for advice me.

3 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by kandiikane(m): 6:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
fem29:

Hmm I don't think a car for someone who cares for 3 kids is a luxury oo. Imagine her trying to navigate getting around with 3 small kids in public transport in the blazing sun. Not great. What kind of father would leave his kids to suffer like that when he can afford, maybe with a bit of belt tightening to get his wife a car.

Unles he leaves his car for wifey and takes bus to work
When it is not a necessity, it becomes a luxury especially when there are other ways around it. There are many families who manage just one car. I do not get it, is she the only woman with three kids in nigeria? People dey form ajebutter when they are struggling with cash. They could look at the option of school buses, carpools, friends who go to the same school... I remember having a taxi that picks us up to and from school with other students around our area. This worked out cheaper amongst the parents than buying an extra car And paying for extra petrol everyday.

Even if anything, like you said the first car could have been given to the wife whilst the husband finds his way to work maybe meeting up with colleagues who drive to go together. If pride nor gree, he can take public transport or could get dropped off work in the morning by wife when doing school runs. From the op's statement it seemed he was already struggling before even buying the car and the car just made it worse. This discussion has been going on too long now. I am bored speaking about that same topic,. Have a good day.
Re: In-laws Attack! by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
kandiikane:

When it is not a necessity, it becomes a luxury especially when there are other ways around it. There are many families who manage just one car. I do not get it, is she the only woman with three kids in nigeria? People dey form ajebutter when they are struggling with cash. They could look at the option of school buses, carpools, friends who go to the same school... I remember having a taxi that picks us up to and from school with other students around our area. This worked out cheaper amongst the parents than buying an extra car And paying for extra petrol everyday.

Even if anything, like you said the first car could have been given to the wife whilst the husband finds his way to work maybe meeting up with colleagues who drive to go together. If pride nor gree, he can take public transport or could get dropped off work in the morning by wife when doing school runs. From the op's statement it seemed he was already struggling before even buying the car and the car just make it worse. This discussion has been going on too long now. I am bored speaking about that same topic,. Have a good day.

Ok o, no vex

2 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by kandiikane(m): 6:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
fem29:

Ok o, no vex
no no I am not vexed. You seem decent. Just that the whole issue is being over flogged.
Re: In-laws Attack! by cococandy(f): 7:54pm On Apr 24, 2015
bukatyne:
undecided

And tell her to make peace as the 'bigger' person

I swear, it is a man's world.
well there's nothing wrong in advising someone to make peace as the bigger person even if they weren't the first to attack.
There's only a BIG problem when we blindly refuse to address the wrong party.

1 Like

Re: In-laws Attack! by armyofone(m): 8:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
What your wife did was so wrong. You don't pass info back to anyone outside about your spouse. Unless in the case of abuse. She should have been protective and use some other excuse. In this situation, put it on yourself not the other person. Mama, i have a training to attend on the 23 blah blah story.
Op, get police involved and it is also wifey responsibility to undo it all now. Wifey should call mama and ask her to warn her children to leave her hubby alone sort of.....
Re: In-laws Attack! by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
Make peace with your MIL.
I wonder why some men can't accept their mother in law like their own mother?
No be so dem talk am for nairaland grin grin

Anyway OP, what did you do that made your BIL to beat You up? I méan such guts!
I still can't relate how group of thugs will jump into a man's compound and beat him up!
And you are here singing "kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya"

6 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by uyplus(m): 10:12am On Apr 25, 2015
zeb04:
This is wrong on all levels.

Hi queen zeb!!!! Been an age since you last popped a post... Hope ur good, yeah??
Re: In-laws Attack! by SAMBARRY: 4:24pm On Apr 25, 2015
Ok o . have a gooooddd breakfast grin
KanwuliaJara:

You know I deliberately avoided this thread? grin
All this FUJI HOUSE OF COMMOTION, I can't relate with!
I can't even imagine all these in my family!

Good morrrrrrrrin' my dear! kiss
Time for my daily morning walk, then a BIG BREAKFAST!!!!cool
8 days off! 5 more to go! Girl! It feels goooooooooood!!!!!

Re: In-laws Attack! by bukatyne(f): 4:52pm On Apr 25, 2015
cococandy:
well there's nothing wrong in advising someone to make peace as the bigger person even if they weren't the first to attack.

There's only a BIG problem when we blindly refuse to address the wrong party.

Very true at first paragraph

@2nd, I honestly do not understand it. See How We all blamed the in-laws because they do not have the right to slap the guy or vandalize his cars even If he told his MIL an outright no. They are his kids and decides whereever they spend their hols same as wify.

We did not start wondering How the husband spoke to the MIL or. If he truly called her a witch.

Let a woman open This thread with exactly same details:
She for hear am.

It is well

1 Like

Re: In-laws Attack! by cococandy(f): 4:55pm On Apr 25, 2015
Abi?
I can imagine different scenarios of such a thread.
The lady would be evil because she didn't want her kids to visit her mother-in-law meaning she's suspecting her of something.
We would ask her if she would have said no if it was her own mother.

Anyway that's NL for you. Get used to it cheesy

bukatyne:

Very true at first paragraph

@2nd, I honestly do not understand it. See How We all blamed the in-laws because they do not have the right to slap the guy or vandalize his cars even If he told his MIL an outright no. They are his kids and decides whereever they spend their hols same as wify.

We did not start wondering How the husband spoke to the MIL or. If he truly called her a witch.

Let a woman open This thread with exactly same details:
She for hear am.

It is well

1 Like

Re: In-laws Attack! by bukatyne(f): 5:02pm On Apr 25, 2015
edwife:

And why?

Because your stance on the thread where wifey had issues is different from This.

When Some of us explained that Some in-laws are a serious pain in the neck, We became people who lack home training and 'badly behaved wives.

I was expecting who lacked authority or blaming the man or telling him to take his MIL as his mother.

Come to think of it, would the husband report to the police If it was his family who vandalized his property?

We would never know.

The laughter was not as a result of frustration contrary to your friend. grin

At least, it is obvious Some in-laws will be crazy irrespective of the wife's or husband's behavior

3 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by edwife(f): 5:09pm On Apr 25, 2015
bukatyne:

Because your stance on the thread where wifey had issues is different from This.

When Some of us explained that Some in-laws are a serious pain in the neck, We became people who lack home training and 'badly behaved wives.

I was expecting who lacked authority or blaming the man or telling him to take his MIL as his mother.

Come to think of it, would the husband report to the police If it was his family who vandalized his property?

We would never know.

The laughter was not as a result of frustration contrary to your friend grin

At least, it is obvious Some in-laws will be crazy irrespective of the wife's or husband's behavior

Glad you called it my stance and I really don't see the need of this now,you couldn't reply yesterday and you chose today? undecided

At the bolded,I don't have anything to say to you.

SMH.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: In-laws Attack! by bukatyne(f): 5:17pm On Apr 25, 2015
edwife:

Glad you called it my stance and I really don't see the need of this now,you couldn't reply yesterday and you chose today? undecided

At the bolded,I don't have anything to say to you.

SMH.

Better late than never.

Don't let your pretty head fall off; We still need you in the healthy living thread.
Re: In-laws Attack! by bukatyne(f): 5:38pm On Apr 25, 2015
cococandy:
Abi?
I can imagine different scenarios of such a thread.
The lady would be evil because she didn't want her kids to visit her mother-in-law meaning she's suspecting her of something.
We would ask her if she would have said no if it was her own mother.

Anyway that's NL for you. Get used to it cheesy

This is NL....

You are right.
Re: In-laws Attack! by quivah(f): 5:55pm On Apr 25, 2015
chai! some people are hypocrites fa!!!

shouldn't be taken seriously.

@madam mutter we didn't ask for your family's story.. we aren't talking about your family in the op and please don't add petrol to the fire, he never said his wife isn't on his side... God! people sha
thank you!

6 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by thetruthnl: 6:43pm On Apr 25, 2015
bukatyne:

Better late than never.

Don't let your pretty head fall off; We still need you in the healthy living thread.

You should be very ashamed of yourself,she obviously has more class and maturity than you have.
You are a coward for not answering her after you stupidly quoted her with your childish and classless behaviour.
I thought you were newlywed?what happened to your husband that you are everyday around the clock on NL?

You are frustrated and you know why?because there is nothing for the man to see or explore in you after ruffling you for 8 years before marrying you.you have been overused!You are bored and so does your so cold husband.In a saturday like this,when couple spend time together,you are here as early as 8:00 am and you still here. sad.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: In-laws Attack! by bukatyne(f): 6:47pm On Apr 25, 2015
thetruthnl:

You should be very ashamed of yourself,she obviously has more class and maturity than you have.
You are a coward for not answering her after you stupidly quoted her with your childish and classless behaviour.
I thought you were newlywed?what happened to your husband that you are everyday around the clock on NL?

You are frustrated and you know why?because there is nothing for the man to see or explore in you after ruffling you for 8 years before marrying you.you have been overused!You are bored and so does your so cold husband.In a saturday like this,when couple spend time together,you are here as early as 8:00 am and you still here. sad.

Your madness has started abi?

I thought you would say I was frustrated because I dated someone at 2go or facebook

Of course, anyone who dances to your tune per thread obviously has class even when the person sang another tune on another thread

Now run along you imp!

8 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 25, 2015
thetruthnl:

Wow sad, uncalled for

2 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by Ewuro4: 6:51pm On Apr 25, 2015
Abeg how in the world is this situation exactly the same with "the slapped MIL thread".

OP abi you retaliated your MIL's slap and you modified your post ni

Gosh. SMH

OP, since your BILs are adults, I'd say charge their aszes to pay for the damage they irrationally made. Your MIL is not buying your story coz of the new car maybe? Well ko kan aye. That's your decision and it stands that way. In other words.. Your Life, your rules.

Change your locks if need be and buzz the cops as instructed ASA they storm into your house without prior invitation. Bloody roughians.

4 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by thetruthnl: 6:53pm On Apr 25, 2015
bukatyne:

Your madness has started abi?

I thought you would say I was frustrated because I dated someone at 2go or facebook

Now run along.

You must be very stupid not to differentiate between you and I who is mad.
No one can even date you on facebook,that's a prestige for you.You had to hang on to the so called husband because you know ain't nobody checking an overused hymen. undecided

Go and beg your husband to take you out,anywhere even if it's an empty field.
Looser!

7 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by thetruthnl: 6:57pm On Apr 25, 2015
fem29:

Wow sad, uncalled for

She started it,why will she quote someone just because she has a different opinion?I hate cowards and women who think they have to hate on other women just because they are nothing like them.
Look at her post towards the quiet EDWIFE,how is that her business?Was she trying to mock her or what? undecided

5 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by Ewuro4: 6:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
fem29:

Wow sad, uncalled for

What is?

Fem ma ba e ja oh grin
Re: In-laws Attack! by thetruthnl: 7:00pm On Apr 25, 2015
Ewuro4:
Abeg how in the world is this situation exactly the same with "the slapped MIL thread".

OP abi you retaliated your MIL's slap and you modified your post ni

Gosh. SMH

OP, since your BILs are adults, I'd say charge their aszes to pay for the damage they irrationally made. Your MIL is not buying your story coz of the new car maybe? Well ko kan aye. That's your decision and it stands that way. In other words.. Your Life, your rules.

Change your locks if need be and buzz the cops as instructed ASA they storm into your house without prior invitation. Bloody roughians.

Don't mind all these TOUTS!They think everyone was train by Touts like them.Let them go and fight their MILs and leave women who have a wonderful life.

2 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by bukatyne(f): 7:01pm On Apr 25, 2015
thetruthnl:

You must be very stupid not to differentiate between you and I who is mad.
No one can even date you on facebook,that's a prestige for you.You had to hang on to the so called husband because you know ain't nobody checking an overused hymen. undecided

Go and beg your husband to take you out,anywhere even if it's an empty field.
Looser!

You seem to know all about me while I do not even know you exist

Is it the fact We were together for 8yrs that is your problem? Or is not my fault Nobody can stand your disgusting self for long?

Pele, I can understand.

I mean who has the time to stalk people and release facts If not bitter lonely people?

Is This the only thing you know about me? Read my post history, you might get something for your next post.

You This child conceived from a broken condom
And to think the person you are having an orgasm for denied you.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should I Go For Adoption / How Would You Advice I Spend My Salary(150k) / My Husband Is Unfair To Me. Pls Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.