Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

In-laws Attack! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / In-laws Attack! (8792 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Mother In-laws Too Mean Towards Their Daughter In-laws?. / What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) / Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In-laws Attack! by izaray(f): 1:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
kandiikane:

And you too shut up, to him, right now that car is luxury! Don't bullshyt me about having it because of being a family man. I won't be surprised if you are the type of woman that forces her husband to buy an extra car when she knows that it will put a strain on the family financially in the pretence of it being for school runs when in actual fact, it is to go form big girl amongst your mates.
Warn urself, u can right ur rubbish mr man, but never u quote me on dat again.
Re: In-laws Attack! by kandiikane(m): 1:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
izaray:
Warn urself, u can right ur rubbish mr man, but never u quote me on dat again.
I don quote you, wetin you fit do? Nonsense!
Re: In-laws Attack! by izaray(f): 1:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
kandiikane:

I don quote you, wetin you fit do? Nonsense!
Hahaha..Dis bros is dam angry...Sorry, but next tym just try and be mature wit ur comments on people's post. U should kno when issue are serious, enjoy ur day okay...nice weekend : kiss
Re: In-laws Attack! by kandiikane(m): 1:39pm On Apr 24, 2015
izaray:
Hahaha..Dis bros is dam angry...Sorry, but next tym just try and be mature wit ur comments on people's post. U should kno when issue are serious, enjoy ur day okay...nice weekend : kiss

Is your brain being fried by the sun or what? The stupidity of some people on this forum is beyond me. How can one not see where the whole issue lies? Finance, it is because of finance, that's what started all of these issues, he cannot afford to take his kids to go see their grandma. He is struggling because the family has an extra car which they do not need.
With your "matured" brain, it is amazing you cannot seem to comprehend something as simply as that.
That extra car is not a necessity, there are many ways to take kids to school.
Re: In-laws Attack! by Stillfire: 1:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
Another Naija parent caught in the act of not taking NO for an answer. cheesy She had to send her sons this time around because she cannot beat you up. If it were a daughter in law, mama would have flown from the village to give her a dirty slap. grin

It takes a lot for an African child to insult an elderly person. So OP I know it would take a lot before you insult your MIL. It's just the typical way mothers use to garner sympathy by painting a story with tears o grin, alleviating themselves from blame. Too bad she had irrational sons who are stupid enough not to know when a mother is spinning a tale. According to these types, every woman is a devil, but their mamas are angels o. cheesy

Good you called the police. And make sure they pay for every damn thing they vandalized. Has your wife suddenly gone mute?
May God deliver us from razzzzzzzzzzzzzzz families.

2 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by edwife(f): 1:55pm On Apr 24, 2015
No time for all this immaturity... undecided

2 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by MurderX: 2:05pm On Apr 24, 2015
Oh boy sorry to have to lmao on your situation. Na mob family you marry? Which kine cornering be this one? Abeg tell them say you no wan do again. Tell your wife it's time to divorce otherwise she fix the situation and register a police report. Your life is being threatened.

1 Like

Re: In-laws Attack! by crackhaus: 2:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
edwife:
No time for all this immaturity... undecided
gringrin

Good day to you.

2 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by crackhaus: 2:10pm On Apr 24, 2015
kandiikane:

Is your brain being fried by the sun or what? The stupidity of some people on this forum is beyond me. How can one not see where the whole issue lies? Finance, it is because of finance, that's what started all of these issues, he cannot afford to take his kids to go see their grandma. He is struggling because the family has an extra car which they do not need.
With your "matured" brain, it is amazing you cannot seem to comprehend something as simply as that.
What's up with you? grin
Re: In-laws Attack! by edwife(f): 2:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
crackhaus:

gringrin

Good day to you.

Good day monsieur crackhaus cheesy,comment vas-tu?
Re: In-laws Attack! by crackhaus: 2:21pm On Apr 24, 2015
edwife:

Good day monsieur crackhaus cheesy,comment vas-tu?
Je vais bien merci ma belle edwife. smiley

1 Like

Re: In-laws Attack! by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 24, 2015
kandiikane:

And you too shut up, to him, right now, that car is luxury! Don't bullshyt me about having it because of being a family man. I won't be surprised if you are the type of woman that forces her husband to buy an extra car when she knows that it will put a strain on the family financially in the pretence of it being for school runs when in actual fact, it is to go form big girl amongst your mates.

To him the car is not a luxury. Can't a family trip all the way from Lagos to warri be a luxury. It is not absolutely necessary there are many xmases to come that they can go.The man did not say he does not have money for food. He just said he is planning ahead and being careful since he has to pay school fees in January. Do you know what it is to pay school fees for 3 kids?.

He did nothing wrong, his inlaws are very shady

10 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by kandiikane(m): 2:34pm On Apr 24, 2015
fem29:

To him the car is not a luxury. Can't a family trip all the way from Lagos to warri be a luxury. It is not absolutely necessary there are many xmases to come that they can go.The man did not say he does not have money for food. He just said he is planning ahead and being careful since he has to pay school fees in January. Do you know what it is to pay school fees for 3 kids?.

He did nothing wrong, his inlaws are very shady

I never said the in laws were right. The police is the only one that can solve that issue.

I honestly don't care about the trip to warri, my concern is the finance in general. You heard it from the horse's mouth, he bought the second car and started having issues financially.
No one mentioned food.

Any literate can see from his post that he is struggling with money.
Re: In-laws Attack! by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
kandiikane:

I never said the in laws were right. The police is the only one that can solve that issue.

I honestly don't care about the trip to warri, my concern is the finance in general. You heard it from the horse's mouth, he bought the second car and started having issues financially.
No one mentioned food.

Any literate can see from his post that he is struggling with money.

Yes sometimes you make a big purchase and you are momentarily short of funds for a little while. Im sure he would not be t have bought a car if he truly could not afford it, that would be really stupid
Re: In-laws Attack! by mutter(f): 2:39pm On Apr 24, 2015
I remember years back I wanted to visit Nigeria with my kids. I went with my husband and booked he tickets. I planned to stay one month. Two weeks before my trip my husband said I should leave the kid`s. He dd not give me any reason.
It was hard but I had to respect his wish. They were his kid`s.
I had to make the trip alone and cut it short.
It is the right of a man or woman to decide if they want such a trip or not. Not just financial issues. So many things can happen on the way. Sometimes you just have a feeling that danger looms and you start making every kind of reason.
I remember last two summers my kids wanted to visit my sister in law. I did not want it but they pleaded. I insisted they go with the train and not the car. They went with the train but my husband decided to pick them. that Sunday I was in church praying and something just came over me. I was like in a negotiation with God on who to take if anything happened and I found myself praying and telling God. None of them, why must I loose anyone, I love them all. An hour later my husband called me. They had had an accident a car had run into them. I still ave shivers when I remember. Sorry a bit off point ...

As regards your in laws. package their daughter and send her back to them.
She is not on your side. If she was such a thing would never have happened. Three kid`s and no loyalty to her husband shocked
When she comes to her senses she will come begging with the family.

You need to make a statement here or you will keep being a victim of abuse and they might kill you one day.

Send her away and get some security at your gate. You need to be hard and firm on this.

4 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by kandiikane(m): 2:43pm On Apr 24, 2015
fem29:

Yes sometimes you make a big purchase and you are momentarily short of funds for a little while. Im sure he would not be t have bought a car if he truly could not afford it, that would be really stupid

People do stup!d things. It could be the woman pushed him to do it, who knows, but as someone with such responsibilities, such big purchases should not be made even if you will only be short of funds for just a short period of time. You only do that when it affects just you, even that is a misplaced priority.
The car is a luxury that's all
Re: In-laws Attack! by bukatyne(f): 2:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
mutter:
I remember years back I wanted to visit Nigeria with my kids. I went with my husband and booked he tickets. I planned to stay one month. Two weeks before my trip my husband said I should leave the kid`s. He dd not give me any reason.
It was hard but I had to respect his wish. They were his kid`s.
I had to make the trip alone and cut it short.
It is the right of a man or woman to decide if they want such a trip or not. Not just financial issues. So many things can happen on the way. Sometimes you just have a feeling that danger looms and you start making every kind of reason.
I remember last two summers my kids wanted to visit my sister in law. I did not want it but they pleaded. I insisted they go with the train and not the car. They went with the train but my husband decided to pick them. that Sunday I was in church praying and something just came over me. I was like in a negotiation with God on who to take if anything happened and I found myself praying and telling God. None of them, why must I loose anyone, I love them all. An hour later my husband called me. They had had an accident a car had run into them. I still ave shivers when I remember. Sorry a bit off point ...

As regards your in laws. package their daughter and send her back to them.
She is not on your side. If she was such a thing would never have happened. Three kid`s and no loyalty to her husband shocked
When she comes to her senses she will come begging with the family.

You need to make a statement here or you will keep being a victim of abuse and they might kill you one day.

Send her away and get some security at your gate. You need to be hard and firm on this.

Why should he send his wife away?

OP said she is not on their side and her brothers once malhandled her.

4 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by kandiikane(m): 2:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
crackhaus:

What's up with you? grin
cheesy
Is this you being nice asking how body dey or is this you asking whats wrong with me?
Re: In-laws Attack! by Chinum: 2:55pm On Apr 24, 2015
kandiikane:
You are there worrying about some financial cost and paying your children's school fees yet you have two cars sitting in your compound? Talk about misplaced priorities.

Maybe, you should involve the Police.

My dear you are the one with misplaced priorities o. Do u know his reason for having two cars n how he got it?

Maybe due to financial challenges he should sell the cars n jump marwa with his family so they can have money to travel abi?

@Op, This is what happens when couples would not respect themselves n keep relatives from making decisions for them. As silly as this wifey sounds, some guys are guilty of the same thing.

I'm sure the next thing would be that their daughter n kids should pack their load n come back to to the village since Oga is having 'financial difficulties'.

Op pls make sure that there r no underlying issues that u chose to ignore.

1 Like

Re: In-laws Attack! by crackhaus: 2:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
kandiikane:

cheesy
Is this you being nice asking how body dey or is this you asking whats wrong with me?
tongue

But in a nice way... gringrin

2 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by Miami11: 2:59pm On Apr 24, 2015
Why is this kandiikane character so caught up with the car! Chai!
Crazy people

7 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by kandiikane(m): 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
Chinum:

My dear you are the one with misplaced priorities o. Do u know his reason for having two cars n how he got it?

Maybe due to financial challenges he should sell the cars n jump marwa with his family so they can have money to travel abi?

This is what happens when couples would not respect themselves n keep relatives from making decisions for them. As silly as this wifey sounds, some guys are guilty of the same thing.

I'm sure the next thing would be that their daughter n kids should pack their load n come back to to the village since Oga is having 'financial difficulties'.

Op pls make sure that there r no underlying issues that u chose to ignore.

Go sit in a corner mehn! Jumping and talking irrelevant shyt that is unrelated to what I am even talking about..

crackhaus:

tongue
But in a nice way... gringrin

angry

your ancestor's nyash!
Re: In-laws Attack! by kandiikane(m): 3:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
Miami11:
Crazy people

And here comes the idiots!

2 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by cococandy(f): 3:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
bukatyne:

You did not get the memo

Husbands' relatives are above reproach.

This is the wife's family messing up.

2 different things.
yea cheesy

If Na the man mama dey do all these ones now, we will find a way to blame the wife. Mtchew.

3 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by cococandy(f): 3:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
Konboko:
my wife is not happy with the way things turned out. She complained and was almost beaten up by her brothers. In fact
they rough handled her.
see agbero people. SMH
Re: In-laws Attack! by krystal101(f): 3:34pm On Apr 24, 2015
Where did OP write that he's struggling cos of the car he bought for his wife...?

kandiikane:

3 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by cococandy(f): 3:34pm On Apr 24, 2015
Konboko:
my wife did not envisage all these. She is not in support and the mother had to call her and advice her to take sides with them because if she eventually has problems with me it is her family she will run to.
pls encourage your wife to stand her ground. All this emotional blackmail is not healthy.
I know she needs her family but she can still be true to your marriage and eventually her folks will fall in line.

No be today some MILs don dey give ultimatum. "If you don't side with us, I'll cut off all motherly love from you"
Such statements are evil.
Because it shows that only chaos between the husband and wife or wife and husband will make such a MIL happy.

You don't mortgage your family unit to make your mother or MIL happy when they should be the one encouraging peaceful reconciliations instead of seeking a way to scatter the marriage.

So annoying undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In-laws Attack! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 24, 2015
perhaps your wife didnt explain your reasons for not letting the kids go well enough when she was reporting to her mum, she shouldn't have even said you didnt allow the kids come, she could have just given concrete reasons why the kids could not come.... i think she made it all about you...

As for your in-laws, get them arrested....

you said one of her sons put hands on you in your own house, naso you lazy reach angry angry angry angry
Re: In-laws Attack! by krystal101(f): 3:52pm On Apr 24, 2015
I swear! Where did op mention being broke because he bought a car. Some people can like to deviate.

Miami11:
Crazy people

2 Likes

Re: In-laws Attack! by kandiikane(m): 3:58pm On Apr 24, 2015
krystal101:
I swear! Where did op mention being broke because he bought a car. Some people can like to deviate.

Konboko:
just got the 2nd car for my wife because of school runs. The more reason I was broke and treading carefully.

Idiots
Re: In-laws Attack! by krystal101(f): 4:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
Its obvious your brain needs check up. You jes took the matter upon yourself, insulting people.
You need to grow up.

kandiikane:

Idiots
Re: In-laws Attack! by bukatyne(f): 4:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
undecided
cococandy:
yea cheesy

If Na the man mama dey do all these ones now, we will find a way to blame the wife. Mtchew.

And tell her to make peace as the 'bigger' person

I swear, it is a man's world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Great Things About Your Marriage / POSITIVE Meaning Of This Words -FAIL,END,NO,IMPOSSIBLE / Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.