Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? (3264 Views)

Do Nigerian Families Eat Together? / Does Your Family Eat Together With Housemaid / Do You Eat Together As A Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by skyone(m): 10:03am On Feb 03, 2009
Well it's a very good idea which strengthens unity among relatives, friends etc but while alone still thank God for your meal and munch it.

well that's wor i do now da am single smiley
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by mafolayomi(f): 10:49am On Feb 03, 2009
haaaaaaaaaaa, those days was terrible oooooooooooo. that my brothers will use their hands to cover the part of Eba or rice where their sitting and will say where u are covering is what belongs to u, and me that happened to be the only female and the youngest among them will end up not been able to cover any part, at the end, i wont have any food to eat, i will have to wait for my father when he comes back from work and eat with him.
Is it when one of them that was very wicked will just put off the light and steal your meat/fish b4 they put on d light and hide it under his own food.
And again, then we use to have a rule in my house that, its one person that will go and bring drinking water, its another one that will bring water to wash hand, and its another person that will pack plates, but this my brother will not want to do any, what he he use to do then was that he will start coughing seriously that Daddy would shout that somebody shld give him water, if tell Daddy that he is pretending he would tell u is not true that somebody shld give him water, at the end he will drink that water and start laughing at everybody, it use to be very annoying then smiley smiley
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by Emperoh(m): 10:51am On Feb 03, 2009
It used to b a very great moment as younger kids
May Dad never catch you eating in the Kitchen
But then things have changed. Everyone is grown up and seeking his own success and destiny
But the man and his wife still eat together ooh!!

Once in a while, when there is a reunion, we do eat together like last xmas
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by JJYOU: 11:58am On Feb 03, 2009
epi:

After reading the responses - some of you were privilege growing up. For us, eating in the bed room was a “no-no” and we were not allowed to have a TV in the bedroom.

The one thing we all agree on though:- it's important to eat together

1 love

that is very obvious. we never had the luxury of seeing a parlour as they called it then let alone eating together in one. my mrs on the other came from such a home and keeps the religion with military precision. though she wont cook she does know how to set the table and dishes that you cant resist.

i think it is a good idea. it gives you opportunity to bond, relax and talk.
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by UNLEASHED(m): 12:19pm On Feb 03, 2009
Not anymore
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by chipass(m): 12:23pm On Feb 03, 2009
Don't remember having a meal on the same table with my dad when growing up. But it's now a tradition in my home - every sunday morning (after church). My kids now look forward to it so the wife tries to make it as elaborate as possible. I don't know to what extent we've bonded because of it, but it sure feels good.
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by ify2love2(f): 2:58pm On Feb 03, 2009
At least once a day dinner time. But while i was younger my mum insisted on our eating together as a family, those days it was really fun.

Oh how i miss it. Lagos wahala dey too much.
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by divine730: 3:51pm On Feb 03, 2009
what's cooking guys.
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by topkin(m): 4:37pm On Feb 03, 2009
@ topic
No all the time undecided
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by chioma24: 4:42pm On Feb 03, 2009
when i was a kid  we did eat 2gether but not now.cos i have my diet plan
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by tayoast(m): 4:55pm On Feb 03, 2009
So often I can't remember one!
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by Omolola1(f): 1:57pm On Feb 04, 2009
OFCOURSE! we still eat together as a family!

Only in the evenings though.
coz breakfast, everyone is rushing to go to school, office etc, so we eat separately, lunch, dad and mom is not around, just me and my brothers, then dinner, EVERYONE IS AROUND SO WE EAT TOGETHER, except if dad travels or come back late.
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 04, 2009
"the family that eats together stays together"
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by OLAMIND1(m): 8:36pm On Feb 04, 2009
its interesting eating together,,,

but in my own case i eat with my family only in my thought! cos am far-far away from home! grin
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by Grizzly(m): 9:28pm On Feb 04, 2009
As a kid, i ate with my elder bro. I was such a cheat embarassed but he never complained. my 2 sisters ate together. Thinking about it now i'm so ashamed of myself. :\
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by Epi: 3:11am On Feb 05, 2009
Grizzly:

As a kid, i ate with my elder bro. I was such a cheat embarassed but he never complained. my 2 sisters ate together. Thinking about it now i'm so ashamed of myself. :\
I am sure you have logical reasons so you should not be ashamed smiley

@ general responses

I don’t know about Nigeria but here in NY, I see parents working long hours that they hardly spend time (eat meals) with their children. I think no matter how busy you get, you should choose a day to spend with your kids cool

Some children understand that mommy and daddy have to work long hours to pay the bills but on the other hand it may destroy the quality of family life. tongue

1 love
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by yewaman: 9:34am On Feb 05, 2009
Growing up sunday afternoon, now! everybody has left the net.
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by cecegorz(m): 11:37am On Feb 05, 2009
Well, growing up, it was every man to his own plates, at his own prefered time.
but i do remember visiting some of my friends house, and seeing every body dipping their hands in the same bowl of garri and soup. men, just like the Lord and his 12 appostles.

And you found out they normally remove the meats/fish into a seperate plate, to be shared later(the youngest shares, the eldest picks first). lol

It used to be a funny scene, u know.
Now, i personally think its a lovely site for a family to sit together, round a dinner table and get the meals served. thats why the first piece of furniture i bought in my own house was a very sound dinner table/set. Am looking 4ward to that.
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 06, 2009
Believes in CHrist and is Born again-.
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by afeefsy: 10:42am On Feb 10, 2009
هاااي شبااب انا عفيف جديد في الخدمة

ولا اعرف لاغات اخرى غير العربي

واريد الترحيب بي

00 963 999 15 25 41

Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by MrCrackles(m): 10:47am On Feb 10, 2009
afeef_sy:

واريد الترحيب بي

00 963 999 15 25 41

Can you speak a language everyone understands please

And please delete your picture!

Thanks
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by temi4rea(f): 10:52am On Feb 10, 2009
Whos at home to eat when everybody is gone to work and dont return till is very late,one thing i knw for sure is everybody must eat before leaving the house in the morning,dinner must not see the next day.

So no matter how late u return home u will have to eat mama's food or else,   lipsrsealed
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by temi4rea(f): 10:58am On Feb 10, 2009
MrCrackles:

Can you speak a language everyone understands please and please delete the pictures!

Thanks

The picture sef na cloud, Mrcrackles no mind am u knw say eng no be easy thing to speak and write o!
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by MrCrackles(m): 11:01am On Feb 10, 2009
temi 4 rea:

The picture sef na cloud, Mrcrackles no mind am u knw say eng no be easy thing to speak and write o!

cheesy
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by binahmad(m): 9:53am On Feb 11, 2009
Family Meal Time? grin grin grin grin grin

In this era of Huffy-Jiffy?

I wonder what's gotten into you to have even raised this. tongue
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by binahmad(m): 10:38am On Feb 11, 2009

واريد الترحيب بي

Afeef SY, no mind them nko? grin

no be the language wey person like him go use? angry angry angry angry

I dey even wonder these days wia freedom of express travel go grin grin grin grin

hee hee hee hee haaaaaaa! wink
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by dellynash(f): 11:05am On Feb 11, 2009
we use to eat together when i was still with my mom mostly in the morning and in the evening but now im married sometimes i eat with my husband but most of the time we don't eat together he is either in the room searching documents.
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by dellynash(f): 11:12am On Feb 11, 2009
Eating together is a nice idea

Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by temi4rea(f): 4:05pm On Feb 11, 2009
PERSON WEY OPEN TEETH AND THE ONE WEY DEY WRITE ARABIC,

NA THE SAME MOTOR CARRY THEM,
Re: Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? by temi4rea(f): 4:09pm On Feb 11, 2009
Binahmed
Na arabic u dey use commuincate for ur bank.

(1) (2) (Reply)

F / Pls... / I Beat My Husband Regularly Because He Wants Another Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.