Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Ndigbo Elders Meet With Buhari In Abuja - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo Elders Meet With Buhari In Abuja (38872 Views)

Borno State Governor, Senator Ali Ndume, Chibok Elders Meet 82 Freed Schoolgirls / APC Governors Resolve To Seek Ekweremadu’s Removal As They Meet With Buhari / Igbo Have No Preferred Presidential Candidate – OHANEZE NDIGBO ELDERS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo Elders Meet With Buhari In Abuja by QuotaSystem: 9:38am On Apr 27, 2015
owobokiri:

You are wielding all these powers from your mai guard and mai ruwa position at my 'front gate'?

Re: Ndigbo Elders Meet With Buhari In Abuja by thababe: 2:23pm On Apr 27, 2015
Pls don't assume that every Igbo man supported GEJ. Myself and msot of my friends ( Igbos included) supported Buhari. I also know Gen Momah has always been an ardent supporter of GMB as I've read loads of interviews where he stated his views http://www.informationng.com/2015/02/why-you-should-vote-buhari-he-can-be-trusted-gen-Momah-rtd.html

At the end of the day even if they were anti GMB it doesn't mean they can't go and greet their president to be.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Elders Meet With Buhari In Abuja by omonnakoda: 2:26pm On Apr 27, 2015
thababe:
Pls don't assume that every Igbo man supported GEJ. Myself and msot of my friends ( Igbos included) supported Buhari. I also know Gen Momah has always been an ardent supporter of GMB as I've read loads of interviews where he stated his views http://www.informationng.com/2015/02/why-you-should-vote-buhari-he-can-be-trusted-gen-Momah-rtd.html

At the end of the day even if they were anti GMB it doesn't mean they can't go and greet their president to be.
You are right they can go and geereet but why are they the first to go and greet.Let them wait for Tiv to greet ,for Kanuri to greet,for Borntroway to greet,for Almajiri to greet,even Edo neva greet sef .Why are they so much in a hurry.Have they no shame?
Re: Ndigbo Elders Meet With Buhari In Abuja by Amazo: 5:23pm On May 09, 2015
owobokiri:

Like I always tell your type here, the day of reckoning is fast approaching. I am happy you noted that jonathan is NOT igbo! Essentially your ridiclous charge that igbos voted for him out of tribalism is not just peurile, it is baseless and stems from a tribal disposition to read every igbo move from petty angles. He is not igbo! He is IJAW!! Yet it is yorubas and fulanis who voted for their vee pee and president sons respectively that turn around to accuse igbos of tribal voting, forgeting that there were igbo presidential candidates in the last elections. You see your life?

I won't go into the details of how much oil produced onshore in igbo communities. That argeument can only happen with a reasonable entity, not with a tribal upstart whose motives are totally driven by primordial hate. Suffice it to say that at this rate, your petty outbursts/ politics will only unleash a chain of events that will force you to have your own country for once. We will then praise you for biulding modern states with receipts from medieval groundnut pyramids and pest infested cocoa.

I've been absentia on Nairaland and I return to find this: a "sensational" rant with statements that are incongruent with the reality of the day coming from another agony-beleaguered heartbroken Jonathan supporter Jonathan lost, and Buhari will be sworn in May 29th 2015, so everything else is inconsequential at this point - deal with it! Of course, you can't go into the details because you'll end up shooting yourself in the foot. Anyway, good luck to building Biafra with the receipts of the "futuristic SE oil" grin
Re: Ndigbo Elders Meet With Buhari In Abuja by Amazo: 6:07pm On May 09, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Are you implying the federal gov't can do without the proceeds from oil coming from Imo and Abia?

A statement of the obvious, don't you think? In Nigeria, as far as oil and gas revenues are concerned, the SS zone remains the chicken that lays the golden eggs and the breadwinner of the country for now. Relative to the combined bpd production of the entire SS region, current production from all other sources are in fact negligible. Take away everything else (no other income source) and with an efficient and corruption-free government system, oil revenues from the SS zone ALONE can turn Nigeria into the America of Africa (infrastructure and otherwise) in maybe half a century.
Re: Ndigbo Elders Meet With Buhari In Abuja by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 09, 2015
"There is no doubt at all that there is a strand in contemporary Igbo behaviour that can offend; by its noisy exhibitionism and disregard for humility and quietness"
.............Chinua Achebe.

Seriously, Igbo need to look inward and make conscious effort to correct the generally negative impression others in Nigeria have about them due directly or indirectly to the above observation by no less an Igboman than Prof. Chinua Achebe!

A situation where Igbo Elders (or any tribal leadership for that matter) called out the Igbo or its tribal membership to vote for a particular candidate is to be deprecated. Truth is, it is wrong and puts the tribe in question in a disadvantaged position (but for the magnanimity of the winner they derided) where they turn out to be backing the wrong horse! Folks should vote guided by their conscience and issues of good governance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

PDP Condemns House Fracas, Accuses Buhari Of Bias / Nigerians And Foreigners Take Pictures With Peter Obi At Lagos Airport / Pondei Ignored Doctors' Advice To Attend Hearing - NDDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.