Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:25 AM

South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" (63625 Views)

Ivory Coast Prime Minister And His Entire Cabinet Resigns, Is Buhari Next? / What I Discussed With Buhari Yesterday – Ghana’s President-elect, Akufo-addo / "We'll work with Buhari," Says U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by ThisMeansWAR: 11:24am On Apr 27, 2015
MduZA:

aircraft
yeah... You will believe something that someone who is trying to protect is business to what the government says.
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by nokingasgod: 11:41am On Apr 27, 2015
Excuzeme:

[b]Unfortunately, "FEAR" is not expressed by timid noise-making on the part of a Nation but by "what you can really do, when 'push' comes to 'shove'.... and on that level, recalling that we even had to launder money to S/Africa through that infamous Ayo Oritsejafor, to get weapons to deal with our own "local insurgency", which the S/African leader "thinly but very sarcastically" made reference to, we are in no position to cause any level of "FEAR" to a country that manufactures weapons, Ammunitions, Warships and attack helicopters"!

Nigeria is only big in "population and size", the much hyped "big in economy" is a fallacy because aside from having a huge population which is "market" for any product, any day, we MANUFACTURE NOTHING and hence cant even take full advantage of our population and size.

As annoyed as l am to say this, it is the bitter truth.
South Africa is really rubbing it in our faces and l hope Buhari will shun any moves from them when the times comes..... but that is all we can do.

we will not get the deserved respect until we put our own house, economy, Electricity and manufacturing base, in order.[/b]

Very much on point. Giant of Africa my foot. South Africans are here investing in the plum sectors of our economy, creating jobs for many of us, whereas, our people travel to South Africa to do menial jobs, petty crimes, creating nuisances etc. Our government often time bring us to ridicule before the South African- the multi million dollar cash that was exported to SA and the dumbest excuse that it was meant for arms through the black market and the tragedy at the Church of All Nations are some of the ways our government ridiculed us.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by nairabetguru(m): 11:45am On Apr 27, 2015
South Africa has faulted the decision of the federal government to recall its high commissioners, saying it would communicate diplomatically with Nigeria when Muhammadu Buhari becomes president in May.

makes sense in every way u look @ it wink
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by mzilakazi(m): 12:04pm On Apr 27, 2015
Jealousy is what made Nigeria to behave in this way. South Africa shall always overcome its enermies.

What are they doing to help SA with over 12 million illegal immigrants? They call themselves giants yet they leave South Africa with a mammoth task of providing for the whole of Africa, they are the biggest economy for that matter. They should stop their childish rantings.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by 14(m): 12:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
kgr28:

Ehhh fotsek wena!!
Recalling Nigeria envoy means ending relations with SA. Now thats a serious.
They recalled them over what? 7 dead people? in two cities, not ONE flat head nigerian was affected. You wanted SA to arrest those who did Xeno attacks, which 300 of them are arrested. Now has anyone been held accountable with TB Joshua church..?

I think while you are at it, you might as well recall the rest of drug lords in SA..

Do you think this is all about Xenophobia? No my friend, Zimbabwe, DRC, Malawi and mozambique, countries that are mostly affected, did not call their ambassadors.
Nigeria just want to be taken seriously and as an important country in africa. They must just ask Kenya what happened to them with the VISA issues. Kenya was trying to play big brother to SA, but failed while trying.

So Nigeria is going the same route, they will be the one to come and beg SA. Watch the space. SA does not go after any country begging. Nigeria must not expect any investments from SA any time soon.

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 27, 2015
14:

Do you think this is all about Xenophobia? No my friend, Zimbabwe, DRC, Malawi and mozambique, countries that are mostly affected, did not call their ambassadors.
Nigeria just want to be taken seriously and as an important country in africa. They must just ask Kenya what happened to them with the VISA issues. Kenya was trying to play big brother to SA, but failed while trying.

So Nigeria is going the same route, they will be the one to come and beg SA. Watch the space. SA does not go after any country begging. Nigeria must not expect any investments from SA any time soon.
You are such an arrogant talkative. Do you think Nigeria is Kenya or give a f**K about South Africa? We have recalled our ambassador, let your government do whatever it likes and we don't give a hoot. This is what I called empty threat meant for kids!
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by 14(m): 12:41pm On Apr 27, 2015
mzilakazi:
Jealousy is what made Nigeria to behave in this way. South Africa shall always overcome its enermies.

What are they doing to help SA with over 12 million illegal immigrants? They call themselves giants yet they leave South Africa with a mammoth task of providing for the whole of Africa, they are the biggest economy for that matter. They should stop their childish rantings.

Big for nothing, i have never seen a country that is called the richest, but still has no money, with a budget of only $23billion when SA has a budget of $120billion. So who is richer? No liquidity, so nigeria needs SA more than SA needs nigeria. most of our business are running in a loss in thst hostile environment which is not investor friendly.

4 Likes

Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by Lordnewton1(m): 12:45pm On Apr 27, 2015
Elee e gidi gan
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by Lordnewton1(m): 12:45pm On Apr 27, 2015
Ele yi gidi gan
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 27, 2015
14:

Big for nothing, i have never seen a country that is called the richest, but still has no money, with a budget of only $23billion when SA has a budget of $120billion. So who is richer? No liquidity, so nigeria needs SA more than SA needs nigeria. most of our business are running in a loss in thst hostile environment which is not investor friendly.
Go and check the trade between your country and ours and see your bulk of deficit you own us. Please, you need to know what economy is all about to have better idea of what riches are all about. It is not in a particular area as you are trying to make it looks. Indeed, the best riches are quantified in the level of educated citizenry in a nation.
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by 14(m): 12:52pm On Apr 27, 2015
all4naija:
Go and check the trade between your country and ours and see your bulk of deficit you own us. Please, you need to know what economy is all about to have better idea of what riches are all about. It is not in a particular area as you are trying to make it looks. Indeed, the best riches are quantified in the level of educated citizenry in a nation.

My man, you dont know anything about economics, please shut it. Isn't Nigeria that went to SA to beg for investments in the 1st place.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by mzilakazi(m): 1:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
all4naija:

The bottom line is SA has 5X more budget than the fake giant of Africa.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by mzilakazi(m): 1:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
Let Nigeria deport almost 200 SA mercenaries who helped them fight Boko Haram. Let them return them as well.
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by mzilakazi(m): 1:44pm On Apr 27, 2015
kenchylala:
I pray that the government also looks into MTN and mainly DSTV charges, in SA its charged pay as you go and not a fixed monthly rate. Why pay when you are out of town

For your information, in SA as well there is no so called pay as you watch, In fact there is no such anywhere. We pay fixed monthly subscriptions, whether we watch or not, whether we are in town or not. I think you must use your brain to know that your decoder cannot measure how often do you use it for viewing.
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by staggerlee: 2:25pm On Apr 27, 2015
mzilakazi:

For your information, in SA as well there is no so called pay as you watch, In fact there is no such anywhere. We pay fixed monthly subscriptions, whether we watch or not, whether we are in town or not. I think you must use your brain to know that your decoder cannot measure how often do you use it for viewing.
I agree, I don't know where Nigerians got pay as you go in SA, am a nigerian living in SA, I will say the payment plans in Naija is more flexible in Nigeria compared to SA
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by hush15: 2:52pm On Apr 27, 2015
socialmediaman:
Laughable. So we ridiculed the president when he tried to smuggle money into South Africa illegally? We ridiculed the president when he decided it was time to fight insurgency just 6 weeks o the election after 5years of child's play? So we ridiculed ourselves when we decided to vote out an uncaring and u performing president? If your analogy were true, then maybe Americans ridiculed themselves when they became vocal against Bush and replaced him with a black man, something unimaginable in America? Lol, I guess you come from an orientation that teaches you that resisting or rejecting the misrule of your elders amounts to ridicule, even when done within the confides of the law, well, Goodluck with that, we that took the heroic decision and step to rescue our nation have passed that stage of development where you're coming from. I do smell mischief from your write up anyway, most of those championing Jonathan's continued stay in office don't give a freaking f**k about what happens to the rest of Nigerians who are suffering the president's misrule. Did you see the level of their insult? They had to even mention the insurgency to him, height of insult. Yeah, we didn't realize 6 weeks was enough to achieve something meaningful, and till date, the girls are missing, in fact, it took the government 1 month to react on the issue after it happened, just like it took the vocal action of the house of assembly for the Jonathan presidency to react on the xenophobic attacks in South Africa. Haba!

By the way, what other way do you vote out a president? I'm wondering what other way you might be suggesting...

its obvious you are ups. calm down and read my comment again. you vetting you anger to the wrong person.

neway, you voted the man out, abi. Mission accomplished!

APC, a party of Saints and Well wishers whose country interest is more important than personal ambitions, will deliver all that Jonathan and PDP didn't. You are happy and I am looking.

we balanced and waiting to start enjoying your votes. Yours cos I will say the truth, I didn't vote for APC but since na ur party win, all join as long as Nigeria is better for it.
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by 14(m): 3:52pm On Apr 27, 2015
Nigeria revelling in chance to settle scores

April 27, 2015 at 04:03pm

By Peter Fabricius

Nigeria is using the xenophobia outbreak as an opportunity to settle scores with its biggest rival on the continent, writes Peter Fabricius.

Johannesburg - Nigeria is clearly having a field day with the xenophobic violence. Its government, parliament, civil society, business community and media are all climbing on the bandwagon, calling for a boycott of South African companies, the indictment of Zulu King Goodwill Zwelithini before the International Criminal Court (ICC) for allegedly inciting Some Nigeria watchers think this is all an over-reaction. They say that some Nigerian media have been reporting that at least 10 Nigerians were killed. The truth, evidently, is that two were injured and treated and some businesses were attacked and destroyed.

“They are just happy to have a stick to beat us with,” one observer said, noting also, with some disgust, that the Nigerians were carrying on as though this was all about them – ignoring the other nationals who have suffered far worse.

Clearly the Nigerians are revelling in the opportunity to settle scores with their chief rival on the continent, a rival, it must be added, also in arrogance and condescension. None of this should be taken to suggest that the South African government, Zwelithini and indeed South Africans as a whole don’t deserve to be lashed. The government ignored loud warnings from the African Peer Review Panel before the huge eruption of xenophobia which killed over 60 people in 2008. And didn’t get the message even then.

This time we are seeing a dim dawning of realisation of the true nature of the problem and of a sense of responsibility for addressing it – though not without considerable residual denialism. Some in the government are still blaming criminals, the media – or even more astoundingly, conspirators deliberately trying to sabotage the government.

Those countries whose nationals have suffered are, of course, perfectly justified in feeling outraged. One can imagine how incensed we would be if South Africans were killed in their countries, simply for being foreign. But these countries also need to acknowledge one important socio-economic fact; xenophobia is happening here and not there – because we are uniquely experiencing a vast flood of illegal immigration.

Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe’s criticism is particularly hypocritical since it is his gross mismanagement of his own country which has propelled so many of his desperate people south.

In the end though, the outrage being expressed may jolt the country at last into acknowledging xenophobia by showing us the price. Relations with Africa have been harmed and the insincerity of making the continent our top foreign policy priority has been exposed. Some African leaders may even boycott the AU summit here in June. South Africa’s vast commerce with the continent has been threatened and tourism has also been jeopardised.

The government should involve all the countries whose nationals have been victims of xenophobia in the imbizo that it ought to be leading about how to solve this extremely difficult problem. That would show necessary respect. But it would also provide an opportunity also to discuss what they should be doing to make their countries more hospitable to their own people.

President Jacob Zuma’s government should also draw another important lesson from this ugly episode – humility. South Africans may not be quite the nasty ogres we are being portrayed as in places like Nigeria right now. But nor are we saints. Professing Afrophilia does not by itself prevent Afrophobia. Given the right – or wrong –conditions, we can and will do appalling things. The government must change those conditions and educate their people, not keep pretending they are simply incapable of such evil.

*Fabricius is Independent Media’s Foreign Editor.

www.iol.co.za
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by socialmediaman: 4:23pm On Apr 27, 2015
I'm not a party person, i supported Buhari because I believe he was exactly what I didnt want to continue seeing in GEJ's government. Anyway, though I also supported GEJ when he became president in 2011, I've always known His government would perform this poorly, I had the insight long ago, and I am glad Nigerians decided to witness a change, away from what the government would ordinarily have us believe is the way forward, I'm looking so much forward on this one.

Meanwhile take a seat and have some Orijin while you wait and watch. Got to hop into the train and move forward. Cheers!

hush15:

its obvious you are ups. calm down and read my comment again. you vetting you anger to the wrong person.

neway, you voted the man out, abi. Mission accomplished!

APC, a party of Saints and Well wishers whose country interest is more important than personal ambitions, will deliver all that Jonathan and PDP didn't. You are happy and I am looking.

we balanced and waiting to start enjoying your votes. Yours cos I will say the truth, I didn't vote for APC but since na ur party win, all join as long as Nigeria is better for it.
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by Shortyy(f): 5:51pm On Apr 27, 2015
luvmijeje:

Jonathan pikin, why all this rant?
just move
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 27, 2015
mzilakazi:

The bottom line is SA has 5X more budget than the fake giant of Africa.
Your country is running a budget deficit and that is not a good budget, my friend. The reason why it is likely South Africa has larger budget is because Nigerian government collect only a small fraction of tax from the citizens. Go read about personal income tax in Nigeria and see to what I am talking about.
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 28, 2015
14:

you were saying..... http://www.immigrationsouthafrica.org/blog/south-africa-and-kenya-will-review-visa-rules/
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by kgr28(m): 6:19pm On Apr 28, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
werey omo ale.. What is the point of having a relationship with one thrice accursed country, If your citizens cannot do their business freely in South Africa without some blood thirsty savages rampaging killing and destroying their business in the name of they are taking our girlfriend or wives and no one is doing anything about it, while the same assholes are doing business freely in your own country without anyone attacking or killing them.

One person is enough for our government to react.. Obama released over 100 terrorist to save 1 soilder..
We cannot wait for one blood thirsty barbarians to kill all Nigerians for Zeus knows what before we react. Got that?

Accountable for what? Did someone push down the building that collapsed?

What is Nigeria that wants to act all holy-holy.. the very shyt country with BH killing its people daily, the very same country that its people are hanged and imprisond the world over for shady businesses, that Nigeria wants to act moral for SA?? how many SAcns are imprisoned in Nigeria compared to your flat heads in SA.

That Jonathan dumb President blunderd with that decision just to fvck up the relations with SA and for the new Nigerian Administration.
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by ThisMeansWAR: 6:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
kgr28:

What is Nigeria that wants to act all holy-holy.. the very shyt country with BH killing its people daily, the very same country that its people are hanged and imprisond the world over for shady businesses, that Nigeria wants to act moral for SA?? how many SAcns are imprisoned in Nigeria compared to your flat heads in SA.

That Jonathan dumb President blunderd with that decision just to fvck up the relations with SA and for the new Nigerian Administration.
the lamentation of a mor0nic South African.
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by kgr28(m): 6:43pm On Apr 28, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
the lamentation of a mor0nic South African.

O domo!! Is that your defence??
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by kgr28(m): 6:54pm On Apr 28, 2015
all4naija:
Your country is running a budget deficit and that is not a good budget, my friend. The reason why it is likely South Africa has larger budget is because Nigerian government collect only a small fraction of tax from the citizens. Go read about personal income tax in Nigeria and see to what I am talking about.

They told you, you dont know economics!!Nigeria collects small fraction because there are no working class people in Nigeria, Nigeria get its revenue from oil and Companies: Multinationals-few of them.

Oil price is down= Less Revenue.

Who said budget deficit is bad?? It is good for financial markets and local creditors.
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by ThisMeansWAR: 6:57pm On Apr 28, 2015
kgr28:

O domo!! Is that your defence??
hehehehehe mumu expects a strong defence for that ediotic post grin
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by seppuku: 7:00pm On Apr 28, 2015
kgr28:

My dear its your spokesperson that is a slowpoke. Quick to compare the accidental death and terrorist attacks with Xenophobic violence in South Africa.

Where do you guys get this illiterates from that are allowed to make such statements. ANC I hail you!
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by seppuku: 7:02pm On Apr 28, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:

She should read this

Pretoria - Government on Tuesday distanced itself from a scathing statement issued by international relations spokesman Clayton Monyela following the recall of Nigerian diplomats from Pretoria.

At a media briefing in Pretoria, Minister in the Presidency Jeff Radebe was asked to explain whether the strongly-worded statement issued by the department had assisted in mending bilateral relations with Abuja.

Radebe responded: “The interview yesterday is not an official position of the South African government.”

“Our relations with the Federal Republic of Nigeria are very cordial.”

Radebe was leading six government ministers addressing reporters on government’s response to attacks on foreign nationals.

Monyela on Sunday termed the decision to recall Nigeria’s acting high commissioner to Pretoria “unfortunate” and “regrettable”. His statement suggested that Nigeria’s decision was exploiting the xenophobic attacks in South Africa for an ulterior motive.

“If this action is based on the incidents of attacks on foreign nationals in some parts of our country, it would be curious for a sisterly country to want to exploit such a painful episode for whatever agenda,” it read.

Monyela added that South Africa wished to retain good relations with Nigeria, and that[b] it did not blame the Abuja government for the death of scores of South Africans in the collapse of an evangelical church in Lagos in September or the lengthy delays in the repatriation of the victims’ bodies.[/b]

He said Pretoria would not blame Abuja for the ravages of Boko Haram’s insurgency in northeast Nigeria.

“We shall continue to support and not blame the Nigerian government as it battles to deal with Boko Haram that continues to kill many innocent civilians. We hope that the more than 200 girls kidnapped by Boko Haram will someday be reunited with their families,” said the Dirco statement.

On Tuesday, Radebe insisted relations between South Africa and Nigeria were “very cordial” because President Jacob Zuma has an invitation to attend the swearing-in of president-elect Muhammadu Buhari.

“If you had a negative sentiment out of the statement that is not reflective of government’s position. We continue to have very good relations as I have indicated,” said Radebe.

“Our president has been invited to the inauguration of the incoming president. Diplomatic relations between the two countries exist and continue. We believe we will be moving from strength to strength.”

Nigeria’s acting high commissioner to South Africa Martin Cobham and the deputy high commissioner Uche Ajulu-Okeke were recalled on Saturday. They are expected to brief their Parliament on the xenophobic violence which has left at least seven people dead in South Africa

http://www.iol.co.za/news/africa/sa-tones-down-response-to-nigeria-1.1851297#.VT-YGsUo7cs
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by kgr28(m): 7:17pm On Apr 28, 2015
seppuku:

My dear its your spokesperson that is a slowpoke. Quick to compare the accidental death and terrorist attacks with Xenophobic violence in South Africa.

Where do you guys get this illiterates from that are allowed to make such statements. ANC I hail you!

ehh wena Seppaku. you know what terrorist attack is neh= BH...

Accident?? Tell me which buildings are collapsing the world over this day and age! Only in Nigeria. That WAS cleansing murder from TB J. Typical Nigeria we will never know what actualy happen..

Had similar "accident" occured in SA, with 84 nigerian Flat Heads.. would you have called that an accident
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by kgr28(m): 7:22pm On Apr 28, 2015
seppuku:

She should read this

Pretoria - Government on Tuesday distanced itself from a scathing statement issued by international relations spokesman Clayton Monyela following the recall of Nigerian diplomats from Pretoria.

At a media briefing in Pretoria, Minister in the Presidency Jeff Radebe was asked to explain whether the strongly-worded statement issued by the department had assisted in mending bilateral relations with Abuja.

Radebe responded: “The interview yesterday is not an official position of the South African government.”

“Our relations with the Federal Republic of Nigeria are very cordial.”

Radebe was leading six government ministers addressing reporters on government’s response to attacks on foreign nationals.

Monyela on Sunday termed the decision to recall Nigeria’s acting high commissioner to Pretoria “unfortunate” and “regrettable”. His statement suggested that Nigeria’s decision was exploiting the xenophobic attacks in South Africa for an ulterior motive.

“If this action is based on the incidents of attacks on foreign nationals in some parts of our country, it would be curious for a sisterly country to want to exploit such a painful episode for whatever agenda,” it read.

Monyela added that South Africa wished to retain good relations with Nigeria, and that[b] it did not blame the Abuja government for the death of scores of South Africans in the collapse of an evangelical church in Lagos in September or the lengthy delays in the repatriation of the victims’ bodies.[/b]

He said Pretoria would not blame Abuja for the ravages of Boko Haram’s insurgency in northeast Nigeria.

“We shall continue to support and not blame the Nigerian government as it battles to deal with Boko Haram that continues to kill many innocent civilians. We hope that the more than 200 girls kidnapped by Boko Haram will someday be reunited with their families,” said the Dirco statement.

On Tuesday, Radebe insisted relations between South Africa and Nigeria were “very cordial” because President Jacob Zuma has an invitation to attend the swearing-in of president-elect Muhammadu Buhari.

“If you had a negative sentiment out of the statement that is not reflective of government’s position. We continue to have very good relations as I have indicated,” said Radebe.

“Our president has been invited to the inauguration of the incoming president. Diplomatic relations between the two countries exist and continue. We believe we will be moving from strength to strength.”

Nigeria’s acting high commissioner to South Africa Martin Cobham and the deputy high commissioner Uche Ajulu-Okeke were recalled on Saturday. They are expected to brief their Parliament on the xenophobic violence which has left at least seven people dead in South Africa

http://www.iol.co.za/news/africa/sa-tones-down-response-to-nigeria-1.1851297#.VT-YGsUo7cs

Did you read that your government also denied recalling the nigerian envoy. They know they did Shyt.
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by kgr28(m): 7:23pm On Apr 28, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:

O dom! you dont have any.
Re: South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" by seppuku: 7:45pm On Apr 28, 2015
kgr28:

Did you read that your government also denied recalling the nigerian envoy. They know they did Shyt.

They denied it because the Mumu who responded to the news did not verify the information before blabbing his mouth because he was too emotional.

Again bringing up the accidental deaths of 84 Saffers and Boko Haram in comparison was as dumb a statement as you can get for a diplomatic spokes person. Your government hires a lot of illiterates into government and this shows in many a statements they make. aka DR beetroot!

All the Nigerian government did was to clarify the reason it recalled its diplomats.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Queen Of England Showed Up At Kings College In Her ₦4.7b Bentley State Limo / Smouldering Russian Convoy Blitzed To Ashes By Ukrainian Resistance / US Strike Targeting Mullah Nangyalay, Taliban Commander Causes Civilian Casualty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.