Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes (25443 Views)

This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) / The Church Is Leading You To Hell - Etcetera / Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by Mopolchi: 11:28am On May 10, 2015
I am not sure what etcetera is trying to achieve but I do not think that the church is leading people to hell. The church is Christ and do not see the reason why Christ will lead Christians to hell. Perhaps there are cases of pastors and priests swindling their faithfuls, it is just like the case of water passing through a rusty pipe, still water passes. Our going to church is to build up ourselves. Our rapport with God is encouraged in the church. That few leaders of the church are misbehaving does not mean that the church is a sure means to hell. Etcetera's submission here cannot be accepted because it is totally misleading.

1 Like

Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by tonyxxx(m): 11:28am On May 10, 2015
What most people fail to realize is that we are already in a sort of hell/trap.... No one can save u,no one can die for u,no one can redeem u. Only u can save urself!! How,u may ask SEEK TO KNOW YOURSELF & THAT WHICH YOU ARE A UNIQUE & ETERNAL PART OF. The bible was spot on where it said "my people suffer from lack of knowledge"
Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by johnel2real(m): 11:30am On May 10, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Let me correct you sir, because it is articles like this that point fingers at the church in order to destroy us, but it profers no solution at the end of the tirade.

You lied. There were evidences of church meetings in the Acts of the Apostles. The 120 disciples were in the Upper room praying. It was not someone's house. Ananias and Saphira dressed up to go to church and lie to the Holy Spirit, and Peter was the minister that day. Ushers carried their dead bodies out. There was a large church in those days that the apostles appointed seven deacons.

About denominations, the persecution of the early church caused people like Stephen to run to Samaria. a new ministry was born there. I believe the persecution was a grand plan by God to scatter the church all over the world, beyond Jerusalem.

Well, John the beloved Apostle used it in III John vs 2. I wish you above all things that though mayest prosper.
Remember that John said that it was the same things they heard from Jesus that they were declaring. I John 1vs 1-4.

When has old testament ceased being a part of the scriptures?
Of course he is. That is why you are not dead already. John 10vs10. I have come that you may have life more abundantly.
Anything unscriptural you find today in a church means that the original still exists. There are still people getting it right. You know that too well. Stop generalising.
Just attend RCCG'S HolyGhost Congress any last friday of your choosing, or attend Shiloh in Canaanland. Thousands are still giving their lives to christ.

That you are not experiencing it in your assembly does not mean it does not happen again. Visit RCCG's redemption camp for HolyGhost congress. What you will see will shock you. We are in the last days and these are the days of massive outpouring of His Spirit. Its happening.

God meets us at the level of our expectation. May be you go to church as a routine. You will never experience that touch of God. I'm about to enter the bathroom and prepare for church, and I'm doing it with expectation of what new thing God will do in my life today. Church is not a routine for me.

Please next time, dont generalise things about the church of God. We are marching forward, and the gates of hell will never prevail against us.
Thank you.
wow, that was fantastic reply. I don't think i would've done better. I believe that he was right in certain areas, but was wrong to generalize it; as u rightly pointed out. One place though that am not yet satisfied with, in today's Christianity is on this issue of tithing. It has become very popular in today's Christianity that even some orthodox churches have joined in. The question is, how did tithe gain this much prominence in today's Christianity when it was not even commanded once in the new testament? If Jesus in all his teachings did not command it, Paul in all his letters did not mention it, john,peter, all the apostles did not mention it. Why are most pastors and clergy men commanding it as a yardstick for God's blessing and protection? Don't get me wrong, it is good to give, more rewarding to give out of love, but when we give and have in our minds that this is for my protection, and increase; is it still out of love? Will u still love to pay tithes if ur pastor removes "the devourer and increase" statements always attached to tithing? Well i believe that if God blessed u shld appreciate him by giving to the poor, ur family, the pastors and the church; even be motivated to give more than 10% . But i don't think any offering u are giving for ur protection and increase is going to God, it is waste money, because Jesus has paid it all. In fact i think that is a form of idolatry. Do u want protection and increase? believe in Jesus, serve him in truth and in spirit, obeying his commands, and u will never feel insecure. If ur church preaches tithing fine, prepare ur tithe and look around u, are there people living in abject poverty, is there anybody around u who needs such amount so much to solve a problem but doesn't have it, is there a widow around who needs great assistance, are ur brothers, mother, friend,inlaw or even another church's pastor in need of such help and assistance, and all u have is ur tithe and no other money to assist them with, take up that tithe and give it to them, and God will receive the glory but if there' none, do d usual . If u are a greedy person, u know it's hard for u to give, try hard and start giving, increase ur offering money so that ur pastors will feed well, give directly to them wen u have, that way, u are saving up for urself in heaven. Give out of love. If u are afraid of the devourer, and u go to give tithes to send him away, u are fooling urself, u gave out of fear, such and offering doesn't please God and is not acceptable in his sight. May God the father of our lord Jesus Christ bless us all in Jesus name, amen!

1 Like

Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by hpk(m): 11:31am On May 10, 2015
AbuMikey:
Bar My Atheistic view about religion, The Church in all Honesty, is actually leading Millions to Hell!
TRUTH!!!
Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by Mopolchi: 11:35am On May 10, 2015
Apina:
have u read Karl Marx' write up on d aforementioned quote? I guess not. When u read it, perhaps u will see d connection and then we cn actually get to talk but before then, I choose not to answer ur question.
I have read him and I am currently studying him in an advanced academic stage. I read what you said and tried placing it as a premise for your conclusion and I got a contradiction. You could have made your submission without bringing him in.
Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by Apina(m): 11:35am On May 10, 2015
einsteino:

ok u r more catholic than me, perhaps more than the pope too. it appears this is just my word against urs. should i make a video recording when i go for evening mass today, when the announcer would call for tithe in the presence of the priest? would that be convincing enough?
seems u ain't getting my argument at all. Am not claiming to b more catholic than anyone all am simply saying is this, the church didn't copy anything from anyone, tithing isn't a compulsory thing to do, the priest cannot force you to give, announcing it or not doesn't change d fact that its ur decision to give or not and for Heavens sake this is 2015 not the 90's.
Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by Mopolchi: 11:40am On May 10, 2015
MizTyna:

I'm agnostic. Tending towards atheism tho
An agnostic does not doubt. Well, hope you have read Thomas Aquinas's Quinque Via about God's existence?
Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by fyneboi79(m): 11:44am On May 10, 2015
sukkot:
yeah church is nonsense. well life after death is a topic covered extensively but COVERTLY in the bible. you need to have read the whole book to understand it. and this is how it goes. there are two components to a man. his flesh and his spirit. in actuality there is no such thing as dying. what you are doing is transforming. now the flesh dies but the spirit is energy and energy does not die and can neither be destroyed and in that energy is your consciousness and who you are. the flesh is simply a hard drive that the spirit projects your consciousness into. so your flesh is just meat and is useless. you are your spirit and not your flesh. so you when your flesh dies, your spirit returns to the spiritual realm to await the next deployment to earth. this is called reincarnation. you are born as a baby into a new body. so you return to earth again every 3rd or fourth generation.
But will there be a consciousness in man when he returns to show that he had lived in the past? Or does the transformation wipe out past memories?
Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by Apina(m): 11:56am On May 10, 2015
Mopolchi:
I have read him and I am currently studying him in an advanced academic stage. I read you what you said and tried placing it as a premise for your conclusion and I got a contradiction. You could have made your submission without bringing him in.

I guess u r a philosopher and ur rationalization of my submission is very much on point. I agree with u that there's a contradiction on my part if viewed from your perspective. I shall answer ur earlier question due to the fact that u hv fulfilled d sole requirement which I initially demanded. For Marx, religion is an illusion which should be discarded so as to enable man fulfill his potentials and act rightly. From d Op's write-up, my deduction rib cages his argument as an off shoot of the Marxist argument and which informed my having to quote Karl Marx before marshalling out my criticism. Succinctly put, all am saying is that his argument which is a more subjective approach to Karl Marx *religion as the opium of the society* does not fulfill d philosophical background of objectivism and thus should b treated as nothing more than an appeal to emotion spurning from a lack of basic understanding of the subject matter. Hope u see d connection. Tnx for ur criticism though
Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by Clergy20: 11:57am On May 10, 2015
Thank God I am an atheist
Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 10, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Let me correct you sir, because it is articles like this that point fingers at the church in order to destroy us, but it profers no solution at the end of the tirade.

You lied. There were evidences of church meetings in the Acts of the Apostles. The 120 disciples were in the Upper room praying. It was not someone's house. Ananias and Saphira dressed up to go to church and lie to the Holy Spirit, and Peter was the minister that day. Ushers carried their dead bodies out. There was a large church in those days that the apostles appointed seven deacons.

About denominations, the persecution of the early church caused people like Stephen to run to Samaria. a new ministry was born there. I believe the persecution was a grand plan by God to scatter the church all over the world, beyond Jerusalem.

Well, John the beloved Apostle used it in III John vs 2. I wish you above all things that though mayest prosper.
Remember that John said that it was the same things they heard from Jesus that they were declaring. I John 1vs 1-4.

Of course he is. That is why you are not dead already. John 10vs10. I have come that you may have life more abundantly.
Anything unscriptural you find today in a church means that the original still exists. There are still people getting it right. You know that too well. Stop generalising.
Just attend RCCG'S HolyGhost Congress any last friday of your choosing, or attend Shiloh in Canaanland. Thousands are still giving their lives to christ.

That you are not experiencing it in your assembly does not mean it does not happen again. Visit RCCG's redemption camp for HolyGhost congress. What you will see will shock you. We are in the last days and these are the days of massive outpouring of His Spirit. Its happening.

God meets us at the level of our expectation. May be you go to church as a routine. You will never experience that touch of God. I'm about to enter the bathroom and prepare for church, and I'm doing it with expectation of what new thing God will do in my life today. Church is not a routine for me.

Please next time, dont generalise things about the church of God. We are marching forward, and the gates of hell will never prevail against us.
Thank you.
On point..
Exactly!!!

1 Like

Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by Mopolchi: 12:06pm On May 10, 2015
Apina:

I guess u r a philosopher and ur rationalization of my submission is very much on point. I agree with u that there's a contradiction on my part if viewed from your perspective. I shall answer ur earlier question due to the fact that u hv fulfilled d sole requirement which I initially demanded. For Marx, religion is an illusion which should be discarded so as to enable man fulfill his potentials and act rightly. From d Op's write-up, my deduction rib cages his argument as an off shoot of the Marxist argument and which informed my having to quote Karl Marx before marshalling out my criticism. Succinctly put, all am saying is that his argument which is a more subjective approach to Karl Marx *religion as the opium of the society* does not fulfill d philosophical background of objectivism and thus should b treated as nothing more than an appeal to emotion spurning from a lack of basic understanding of the subject matter. Hope u see d connection. Tnx for ur criticism though
I now see the connection and we are now edified bro! Thanks for the elucidation.
Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by Everydaeguy(m): 12:16pm On May 10, 2015
AbuMikey:
Bar My Atheistic view about religion, The Church in all Honesty, is actually leading Millions to Hell!
honestly...going by the happenings of today's churches,I couldn't agree more.....churches are definitely leading millions to HELL and its more like the blind leading the blind.......

1 Like

Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by LeSudAfricaine: 12:21pm On May 10, 2015
Booyakasha:
Religion makes us weak, it makes us believe things that are not real, it makes us fear, it makes us feel guilt, religion is what sets our limits, thank God we have science, we will all be dead by now... religion can't cure your cancer, malaria etc... religion in NIGERIA has turned to an OCCULT.
absolutely agree with this, and to add on that, I always separated God from religion. Before we Africans were exposed to the bible, we were already worshiping God, and when the bible was introduced to us, it set new limits, fear, guilt etc
Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by sukkot: 12:22pm On May 10, 2015
fyneboi79:
But will there be a consciousness in man when he returns to show that he had lived in the past? Or does the transformation wipe out past memories?
[b]currently in this fallen state of man, everything is wiped out or suppressed. however there are a miniscule number of people who are allowed to tap back into certain skills of past life because they will be needed in this life. such people are called child prodigy's. like you can meet a 2 year old who plays the drums or the guitar or a piano like the best professionals have ever played it and they were not taught. however when the kingdom of heaven is established on earth, those who make it into that kingdom will first of all not be dying like chicken like the rest of the population will be. they will be able to live to a thousand or so years and then they will transform to the spirit world. and when they return they will return with their complete consciousness. nothing will be forgotten. they will return as they left. however for the rest of the population who dont make it ? they will still live to 60-90 years and when they return they will return like blank cheques and will have to re-learn everything. see, heaven on earth ( which heaven will be on earth ) has numerous benefits of which i have just named two. longevity and never forgetting your consciousness when you return.[/b]
Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by fritiyo: 12:23pm On May 10, 2015
Booyakasha:
Religion makes us weak, it makes us believe things that are not real, it makes us fear, it makes us feel guilt, religion is what sets our limits, thank God we have science, we will all be dead by now... religion can't cure your cancer, malaria etc... religion in NIGERIA has turned to an OCCULT.

Bros, I buy so much to ur idea of religion making us to fear. This because u will wakeup or go a church one day to hear the pastor given u prophesy of death and other bad stuffs that will happen if u don't comply.

This strategy has become their best way of inducing worshipers to fill their private n personal account with money before remedy can be carried out.
God have mercy on me n let me see ur kingdom as u have promised.
Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by kellyval16(m): 12:32pm On May 10, 2015
Atheism is bad impact of ignorance,etcera is either drunk or under an illusion when he made such comment. The church can never be a carnal that leads people to hell.
Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by tsdarkside(m): 12:35pm On May 10, 2015
i say close down all churches....we can turn them into public-toilets..like this they will be more usefull.... angry angry

if you want to shitt and pisss then you can give the pastor(he or she will maintain the public toilet) tites.... angry angry angry angry

stvpid ass-holes...

1 Like

Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 10, 2015
mentorandfriend:

Thank you.

Tithe is paid once in 3 years...

read Deuteronomy 26 vs 12.....combine it with malachi
3:10

U will understand tithe fully.
Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by ransomed: 12:52pm On May 10, 2015
Humanbeing1st:
PLS WHO IS THIS ECTETERA OF THING? WHAT DOES DO FOR A LIVING?
::--He claims to be a musician but, Alaba Boys pirated his stuff and couldn't sell much. He is now venting his anger on the church because he is so marvelled at the pace and degree of the success being achieved despite persecution and intimidation.
Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by totoakins(m): 1:00pm On May 10, 2015
Deuteronomy 14:22-27: "You shall surely tithe all the produce from what you sow, which comes out of the field every year. And you shall eat in the presence of the Lord your God, at the place where He chooses to establish His name, the tithe of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the first-born of your herd and your flock, in order that you may learn to fear the Lord your God always. And if the distance is so great for you that you are not able to bring the tithe, since the place where the Lord your God chooses to set His name is too far away from you when the Lord your God blesses you, then you shall exchange it for money, and bind the money in your hand and go to the place which the Lord your God chooses. And you may spend the money for whatever your heart desires, for oxen, or sheep, or wine, or strong drink, or whatever your heart desires; and there you shall eat in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice, you and your household. Also you shall not neglect the Levite who is in your town, for he has no portion or inheritance among you
Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by Shwarz: 1:06pm On May 10, 2015
mentorandfriend:

Thank you.

You may quote verses all you want to favour your point but you cant deny the fact that a huge, disturbing amount of truth lies in what he said. You have quoted single verses like every other pastor out there to favour your point thereby blindsiding your self on purpose from the main point and truth. This today is the current problem of the church today. Have you ever asked yourself why there are so many churches in Nigeria today and yet very little kindness,righteousness, and true spirit filled worship. Instead, we have increasing wickedness, ritualism, occultism, corruption, embezzlement, and worldliness and i'm not even talking about in the world, i am talking about INSIDE the CHURCH... BE WISE!!!

1 Like

Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by epelumi42(m): 1:07pm On May 10, 2015
MizTyna:

I'm agnostic. Tending towards atheism tho

While I've noticed your tendencies, I've decided to be mute until now. If you are indifferent towards the existence of God, or oblivious, I'd like to ask you a question.

Is your belief a function of understanding from infallible proofs, the inexistence of God? Or do you simply wanna feel distinct, (I.e. standout of the crowd?) Or you simply wanna want to be free in thoughts and actions. rid of spiritual influence? Talk to me.

cc.
Clergy20
Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by ba2undey(m): 1:26pm On May 10, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Sorry sir. I dont do Dake's bible concordance debate, where it is obvious you got what you wrote above. The personal encounter I have with Jesus is enough for me.

Please check your bible for confirmation. Well about the encounter it cool with me cause faith is very powerful, just don't say what I wrote up isn't from the same bible you read no matter the version you may seem to have.

And I take a bow lipsrsealed
Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by mentorandfriend(m): 1:31pm On May 10, 2015
Shwarz:

You may quote verses all you want to favour your point but you cant deny the fact that a huge, disturbing amount of truth lies in what he said. You have quoted single verses like every other pastor out there to favour your point thereby blindsiding your self on purpose from the main point and truth. This today is the current problem of the church today. Have you ever asked yourself why there are so many churches in Nigeria today and yet very little kindness,righteousness, and true spirit filled worship. Instead, we have increasing wickedness, ritualism, occultism, corruption, embezzlement, and worldliness and i'm not even talking about in the world, i am talking about INSIDE the CHURCH... BE WISE!!!
I am against generalisations! Every one pretends to know what is wrong with others, except what is wrong with himself.
Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 10, 2015
Pls remind wen dis Op decides to make sense..I tot d guy. Was trying to make sense until I strted readin d post..gush dis guy just expressed a great level of feeble mindedness

God Pls Dash Dis OP sense
Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by Richiez(m): 2:09pm On May 10, 2015
This guy is just trying to be relevant...his write ups are always childish
Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by 40dogzz(m): 2:09pm On May 10, 2015
The real issue is that, most churches of today ar scam. Have u ever gone to a chruch to seek 4 help? u see their actions ar they christ like? why will church build schs & collect huge amount of money for sch fees? what about the children of the poor: ar they not made by the 1 God we all serve? we christians don't like ourselves, we just go to church to do eye service. christians during paul & peters time gethered people of the church, they sold their thing & gave to those that were lacking. why will a pastors be flying in private jet & others will be hungry? Fela said it @ll na pastor house clean pass. All na scam as far as i know....
Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by fyneboi79(m): 2:21pm On May 10, 2015
sukkot:
[b]currently in this fallen state of man, everything is wiped out or suppressed. however there are a miniscule number of people who are allowed to tap back into certain skills of past life because they will be needed in this life. such people are called child prodigy's. like you can meet a 2 year old who plays the drums or the guitar or a piano like the best professionals have ever played it and they were not taught. however when the kingdom of heaven is established on earth, those who make it into that kingdom will first of all not be dying like chicken like the rest of the population will be. they will be able to live to a thousand or so years and then they will transform to the spirit world. and when they return they will return with their complete consciousness. nothing will be forgotten. they will return as they left. however for the rest of the population who dont make it ? they will still live to 60-90 years and when they return they will return like blank cheques and will have to re-learn everything. see, heaven on earth ( which heaven will be on earth ) has numerous benefits of which i have just named two. longevity and never forgetting your consciousness when you return.[/b]
First of all I don't want to believe or dwell in all the bible stories of what will become of people when they die. The heaven and hell stories cos I can't imagine how a father will condemn His children for living their lives enjoying the good things he created. You enjoy the beautiful women He created,it is called fornication. You drink palm wine,it is called drunkenness or being given to wine. You smoke a natural plant(weed) which we were commanded to consume,it is called irresponsible conduct. I really get confused as to why create all these and then condemn man for its consumption. Where is d freewill ? So all these Heaven /Hell thing is confusing.
Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by disloman(m): 2:26pm On May 10, 2015
N a goat named free2rhyme wanted mi to take this Jim jones seriously.Etcetera is a robot who is seeking attention.To me,he is a nobody.
Re: The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes by sukkot: 2:29pm On May 10, 2015
fyneboi79:
First of all I don't want to believe or dwell in all the bible stories of what will become of people when they die. The heaven and hell stories cos I can't imagine how a father will condemn His children for living their lives enjoying the good things he created. You enjoy the beautiful women He created,it is called fornication. You drink palm wine,it is called drunkenness or being given to wine. You smoke a natural plant(weed) which we were commanded to consume,it is called irresponsible conduct. I really get confused as to why create all these and then condemn man for its consumption. Where is d freewill ? So all these Heaven /Hell thing is confusing.
well the bible does not tell you not to drink. and the bible does not tell you not to have s-e-x. however it tells you any woman you have s-e-x with you have to keep as your wife. it is when you have s-e-x with a woman and decide not to keep her as your wife is what is called fornication. is it fair for you to have s-e-x with a woman and then I end up marrying her ? and it does not condemn eating marijuana. some people use it to make cakes and it has the same effect as when you smoke it. however smoking it pollutes your lungs and your body is a temple which you are not supposed to pollute and defile. so basically all you have to do is read the bible yourself and you will have the answer to all your questions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Donates €2000 To Great Ormond Hospital, UK (Pics) / Mistake a Born Again should never make / Checkout My Christmas Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.