Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,676 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers (48478 Views)

Why Real Estate Investing Is Better Than A Fixed Deposit Investment / Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar / Estate Developers: Mass Housing In Abuja, Nigeria: Smart, Affordable Land Cost! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by cure4diabetes: 9:23pm On Mar 21, 2016
I must thank the OP for this great exposé God will continue to bless u and your generation but honestly a real estate developer like Adron homes is not bad at all, If you can visit their properties at Shimawa, you'll marvel at what this people have on ground. I bought a plot of land from them and I'm not regretting it at all, to a very large extent, they are very fair and transparent.
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by solomadolo(m): 9:49am On Mar 29, 2016
‎What to know if u can help me with this questions. 
:: estate surveyors and values while reporting on title on property often add the following " the property is freehold but subject to the provisions of the land use act. Discuss the meaning and implications of the statement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by charlezok(m): 6:44am On Mar 31, 2016
nduline:
Pls house, anybody with info about Reliance Economic Advancement Ltd, developer of Real estate in Asaba close to the Asaba airport. I'm about sealing a deal with them. Advice pls!!!

Right now we at Reliance Economic Advancement Ltd have started building a new estate and its called 'Enu-Ani Mega City'. It is a Green and a Luxury community seated on over 5 million square metres of land at Edo-Ogwashi, Asaba. We have world class facilities in this estate. We sell lands, houses and we help our client build their houses to specification too. So if you are scared of being exploited by traditional land grabbers ("Omonile" or "Ego di na osha" ) then 'Enu-Ani Mega City' is the right place.

Contact me on 08035089797 for further clarifications.
https://web.facebook.com/enuanimegacity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtoF35g-3AE

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by pokenose(m): 11:57am On May 02, 2016
cure4diabetes:
I must thank the OP for this great exposé God will continue to bless u and your generation but honestly a real estate developer like Adron homes is not bad at all, If you can visit their properties at Shimawa, you'll marvel at what this people have on ground. I bought a plot of land from them and I'm not regretting it at all, to a very large extent, they are very fair and transparent.
Pls can you tell us more about your deal with them? Did you pay any hidden charges? Do they charge annual development fee?,are their documents genuine?, did they allocate you immediately you finished payment?
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by pokenose(m): 10:49pm On May 21, 2016
TOPCRUISE:

After paying price of land and survey, you will pay supervisory fee, security fee, documentation fee, architectural fee, development fee. With all this fees paid you will have to wait very long for their allocation. If you want refund of your money, they will deduct 20 percent admin charge from your money. But note in some of their estates all the fees outlined is much higher than the price of their land. Some time ago when I came to their office, One of their customers was almost in tears and asking for refund when he realized he won't be allocated due to one flimsy reason or the other. it dawned on him he had been trapped. If you want to buy from them I suggest you request a copy of their deed of contract for review and analysis. Ask questions as well.

Do you know if their documents are genuine? Also do you know if they charge annual service fee for those already living in their estates?
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by freshcvvs: 4:30pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hello Please if i need to leave a shop i rented few months ago and another tenant in the same property wants to rent the shop, do i get the commission and agreement fees that i paid back + the remaining months on my rent?

Will the new tenant pay a fresh agreement/commission fee?
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Droyal(f): 3:53pm On Aug 24, 2016
o
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by emmaeko1989: 1:46pm On Jan 12, 2017
how much is development levy for a plot of land in ikorodu.
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Ibnjurayj(m): 2:01am On Jan 13, 2017
[b][/b]
emmaeko1989:
how much is development levy for a plot of land in ikorodu.

It varies some estate developers charge more while some charge less, for example: I bought a land at ikorodu from Gosgra and I paid N100,000 for development levy while my wife was charged N450,000 by Fairhaven homes also at ikorodu.

Ask the company/vendor selling the land for their fees.
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Ibnjurayj(m): 2:16am On Jan 13, 2017
bolorunfem:
Thanks, Lawyer, for this eye-opening thread. My bitter experience is with GOSGRA. They came up with their fraudulent Easter promo and I made an outright payment of N560 for a plot of land somewhere in Ikorodu. Upon request for the promised ''immediate allocation'', the agent started speaking grammar, complaining about certain constraints that would not enable them allocate just yet so I slowed down for them. Around July I made some noise and wrote for refund, only for them to reply me that the process would take up to six months and then they would deduct 20% processing and 10% agency fees from the money that was paid to them 7 months ago. Allocate land, they are not allocating. See me see trouble o!!!

I am seriously warming up for a showdown with them. I sure will come back to update you.

FELLOW FORUMITES, PLS BEWARE OF GOSGRA PROPERTIES & INVESTMENT LTD. THEY ARE A BIG TIME SCAMMERshockedshockedshocked

Sorry for the experience you had with them, I and my wife bought 2 plots of Land through them (phase 1 @ ikorodu) and we managed to get allocation last December although we are still waiting for our survey plan [dont know why it's taking ages] according to my research they aren't fraudulent and I will be comfortably do business with them in the future. They aren't yeye company unlike these bogus estate developers encroaching on illegal govt lands.

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by blank(f): 9:55am On Jan 13, 2017
Those that buy into estate should ensure they have building approval for the estate and building approval for the houses. Lagos state has started shutting down estates and demolishing houses without approval. A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by folmus: 2:17pm On Apr 14, 2017
Ibnjurayj:

Sorry for the experience you had with them, I and my wife bought 2 plots of Land through them (phase 1 @ ikorodu) and we managed to get allocation last December although we are still waiting for our survey plan [dont know why it's taking ages] according to my research they aren't fraudulent and I will be comfortably do business with them in the future. They aren't yeye company unlike these bogus estate developers encroaching on illegal govt lands.

I hope you have finally gotten the survey plan. If yes, was it registered?

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Ibnjurayj(m): 3:06pm On Apr 14, 2017
folmus:

I hope you have finally gotten the survey plan. If yes, was it registered?

Good afternoon, the survey plan has been issued since last month but haven't collected it yet as we aren't based in Nigeria but my father is collecting it on our behalf. It is fully registered but Allaah knows best though.
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by folmus: 5:40pm On Apr 14, 2017
Ibnjurayj:

Good afternoon, the survey plan has been issued since last month but haven't collected it yet as we aren't based in Nigeria but my father is collecting it on our behalf. It is fully registered but Allaah knows best though.

To be best of my knowledge, it's not a registered survey. I alongside a friend equally have plots in the estates. We did our personal surveys as the one given to us was not registered. Alas!!! Guess what we found out.. ''Fall Within Government Acquisition'' contrary to what we were shown. My brother, like you, is helping out, as I am equally not based in Nigeria. Salam..........

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Ibnjurayj(m): 1:14am On Apr 15, 2017
folmus:

To be best of my knowledge, it's not a registered survey. I alongside a friend equally have plots in the estates. We did our personal surveys as the one given to us was not registered. Alas!!! Guess what we found out.. ''Fall Within Government Acquisition'' contrary to what we were shown. My brother, like you, is helping out, as I am equally not based in Nigeria. Salam..........

Sorry brother which estate "fall within Govt acquisition" Gosgra Neighbourhood Estate phase 1 @ Agbowa?
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by folmus: 5:25am On Apr 15, 2017
Ibnjurayj:

Sorry brother which estate "fall within Govt acquisition" Gosgra Neighbourhood Estate phase 1 @ Agbowa?

Yes brother. I sent you a message but no response. I can show you. Salam.......
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Ibnjurayj(m): 8:22am On Apr 15, 2017
folmus:

Yes brother. I sent you a message but no response. I can show you. Salam.......

Sorry Brother, it's actually saying something like "Folmus has been trying to send you message but since you aren't connected" I didn't get your message though. Alternatively, you can mail me on: ibnjurayj83@gmail.com
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by folmus: 9:01am On Apr 15, 2017
Ibnjurayj:

Sorry Brother, it's actually saying something like "Folmus has been trying to send you message but since you aren't connected" I didn't get your message though. Alternatively, you can mail me on: ibnjurayj83@gmail.com

Thats the message you will get from NL until we are connected, I can't send you a direct message.
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by einsteino(m): 6:36am On Jul 02, 2017
folmus:

This is shocking. I acquired a plot at ikorodu from Hythec Ltd on their Greenview estate, recently paid for the survey and deed. I am waiting for the documents, pls how do i verify the documents when it arrives?
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Dtruthspeaker: 2:25am On May 04, 2019
npss:
About 70% of this so called Developers are fraudsters. They acquire few acres of land and sell to several thousands of people. When its time to allocation, then the real show begin. At least you got something back as part-payment. Portal Realties Ltd claimed that no kobo can be/ will be refunded. I have researched alot about the company and later found that .... the company is soaked in so much dirt ....and thier boss lavishing the company-clients money as he likes...(i think his name is Fashogbon Tayo) ,,,,investing in that company is a regret of a lifetime. Please beware! If you are already trapped, I pray God help you. Amen.

Thank you bros. This 2019, they just ate my guys N70k when my friend who works near the company in ikeja told me that lawyers go and come out of their offices. That was it for me.
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by rinw: 10:10pm On Oct 12, 2019
Great thread.

Anybody with info about "Property Link Real Estate Investment Ltd". We have visited their office in Magodo but i need NLers opinion. Please kindly share your experience with them. We are about to subscribe for one of their properties. We are interested in the potter Gardens and Park phase II, Eleranigbe Ibeju Lekki. Please kindly advise if you know anything about them. thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by FlatFee(m): 11:50pm On Oct 12, 2019
rinw:
Great thread.

Anybody with info about "Property Link Real Estate Investment Ltd". We have visited their office in Magodo but i need NLers opinion. Please kindly share your experience with them. We are about to subscribe for one of their properties. We are interested in the potter Gardens and Park phase II, Eleranigbe Ibeju Lekki. Please kindly advise if you know anything about them. thanks

We also have many problems with Real Estate Sales people and Development companies. Many charge extremely high commissions and fee. That is why we have created a system for buyers and sellers to save thousands in fees when buying and selling homes. We have information on our website to inform you of these high prices.
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by princeinzion: 11:53pm On Aug 27, 2020
Hello Bro,
Please do you have any means of contacting Gosgra. I learnt the company is in problems and practically shut down. I was in their Ogba office and realised it was closed.

bolorunfem:
Thanks, Lawyer, for this eye-opening thread. My bitter experience is with GOSGRA. They came up with their fraudulent Easter promo and I made an outright payment of N560 for a plot of land somewhere in Ikorodu. Upon request for the promised ''immediate allocation'', the agent started speaking grammar, complaining about certain constraints that would not enable them allocate just yet so I slowed down for them. Around July I made some noise and wrote for refund, only for them to reply me that the process would take up to six months and then they would deduct 20% processing and 10% agency fees from the money that was paid to them 7 months ago. Allocate land, they are not allocating. See me see trouble o!!!

I am seriously warming up for a showdown with them. I sure will come back to update you.

FELLOW FORUMITES, PLS BEWARE OF GOSGRA PROPERTIES & INVESTMENT LTD. THEY ARE A BIG TIME SCAMMERshockedshockedshocked
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by princeinzion: 11:54pm On Aug 27, 2020
Hello Bro,
Please do you have any means of contacting Gosgra. I learnt the company is in problems and practically shut down. I was in their Ogba office and realised it was closed.

Ibnjurayj:

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by blank(f): 12:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
rinw:
Great thread.

So, how did it turn out? Anyone buying land in Eleranigbe should do plenty due diligence. That area is prone to selling of land with bad title.
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by rinw: 1:10pm On Aug 30, 2020
We hired a surveyor to help make inquiry at Alausa, the response was positive and we were told the location is safe to buy. We went ahead with the purchase based on the surveyor's advice. Till now no word from "Property Link real estate Investment Limited". They have been unresponsive for over a year now.
blank:

So, how did it turn out? Anyone buying land in Eleranigbe should do plenty due diligence. That area is prone to selling of land with bad title.

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 06, 2020
blank:

Let us do the maths properly so that we are comparing apples with apples.

On your Own (assuming all things being equal and normal usage;
1. Electricity bill in EKEDC
2. Maintaining generator
3. Fuel (diesel and petrol)
4. Paying a security man
5. Buying water (including Water Corp)
6. Security dues (gate fees, OPC)
Any other that i didn't mention.

Compare that with the cost of estate dues and 24 hrs electricity and not having to do any of the above. Remember EKEDC bills are really high. That is when you can know if the cost is worth it.

The main issue is usually the electricity bill and how the house is wired to consume electricity - most service charge on estate electricity is between N70-N90 per killowat. PHCN sells it for N60 for pre-paid metered users. at the end of the day.

Other fees are actually manageable and less trouble if the estate handles it. if you want to have an idea how expensive electricity from the estate is, just ask residents of 1004 estates
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by blank(f): 2:38am On Sep 07, 2020
LaEvilIMiss:

The main issue is usually the electricity bill and how the house is wired to consume electricity - most service charge on estate electricity is between N70-N90 per killowat. PHCN sells it for N60 for pre-paid metered users. at the end of the day.

Other fees are actually manageable and less trouble if the estate handles it. if you want to have an idea how expensive electricity from the estate is, just ask residents of 1004 estates

Don't mind LG. They started with low electricity tariffs and now it's through the roof. You're right, electricity tariffs are ridiculous.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? / Lady Laments As Flood Takes Over Her Street Where She Pays N4 Million A Year As / Man's House In Jakande, Lekki Flooded (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.