Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers (48417 Views)

Why Real Estate Investing Is Better Than A Fixed Deposit Investment / Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar / Estate Developers: Mass Housing In Abuja, Nigeria: Smart, Affordable Land Cost! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by calculusx(m): 3:12pm On Apr 28, 2015
hhmmm i recently purchase acres of land from propertylink real estate coy. Need to do more research to avoid stories that touch the heart. They sound promising though but nevertheless better be safe than sorry.

@ Lawyer, can i give you the research to do on my behalf as im far away from 9ja. All fees will be paid. I look forward to your reply Sir.

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:13pm On Apr 28, 2015
Word! Most of this developers will use their client's money to buy other lands and make it an estate instead of using the money and resource to develop the existing one on ground

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by drealtruth(m): 3:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by bara22: 3:55pm On Apr 28, 2015
Can anybody out there tell me more about Lekki Gardens Isheri.
I have shown some interest in that but since I read this piece l am developing cold feet. Please help me out there.
The experience of sending money home to friends or uncles to help you build is frustrating enough. Will l be entering into another big hole
Please advice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by eninaija(f): 4:08pm On Apr 28, 2015
Great information...I admire your diligence @Lawyer
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by blank(f): 4:09pm On Apr 28, 2015
bara22:
I have shown some interest in that but since I read this piece l am developing cold feet. Please help me out there.
The experience of sending money home to friends or uncles to help you build is frustrating enough. Will l be entering into another big hole
Please advice

There are people with good experiences. Just ensure you plug all loop holes before you commit your money. Make sure your sale contract has everything covered. Be prepared to wait a long while (longer than the period they promised you) before getting your house. Read the rules and regulations of the estate to ensure you can abide with their draconian rules. Be prepared to pay for your deed of assignment separately.

2 Likes

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 28, 2015
bara22:
Please advice
Lekki Gardens houses...hmmm you need to understand that they will not allow you to use generator in the estate, even its your house, you wont repaint your house to your desired taste should you want to, they will provide all the services whether you want the services or not and its like living on rent even when its your house. I think you should consult a trusted private developer to take care of building a house for you. Lekki Gardens looks and sound cheap, but consider how much you will spend in a lifetime when you cant even opt out and provide your self a better service based on your taste.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 28, 2015
No business be like REAL ESTATE.

The only business that generates money while you are asleep..

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by sunsewa: 5:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
that's why for now I decided to be a tenant in Lagos and landlord in Rivers state and Awka,so I will maximize it through paying my rent from what I collect from the properties, since building house in Lagos involved a lot of risks, right from safeguarding the land,to developing,then to amts involved n developing,so its better for me to use the meager amt I have to move down there,instead of paying for land at Igbesa Agbara for 600k and no hope of living there 10yrs coming, cos that area is almost a forest,then I decided to acquire a land at oyigbo close to portharcout around 800k by then,and now with dat I can pay my rent and children school fees from there after building 3 blk of bungalow flat with ease,so my point is that don't attempt to invest in property in Lagos, if ur not capable or have unsteady source of income.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by dboy07: 5:59pm On Apr 28, 2015
Anybody have any information about adron properties
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by bara22: 6:02pm On Apr 28, 2015
Can any one tell me more about Lekki Gardens Isheri

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Onegai(f): 6:04pm On Apr 28, 2015
OmonileLawyer, thank you for this. Have been pushing my hubby to make a purchase of land and was interested in one I had heard of via church.

Now more cautious and will make a sensible decision thoughtfully.

3 Likes

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by babamajor: 6:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
Naija and wahala, all dis estate promoters are fraud, I stayed in America Der was a time I got in touch wit most of dem nd dey all say almost same tins, promising heaven nd earth in d estate if u buy frm dem. I told dem to send all der details to a friend in naija who Wil come to see all dey av to offer nd giv advise to who to buy frm, but guess wat my friend advice me not to try it cus all dey advertise is fake nd no guinue papers to back Der claims. As God Wil do it a guy advertise a land on this nairaland in Feb dis year nd I called him to make an enquiries nd frm d way he spoke I was convinced dat he is genuine nd I called my lawyer friend to handle d transaction nd it end well. D house is under construction already without any wahala.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by JesusDWay(m): 6:54pm On Apr 28, 2015
Nice thread for those who have been a victim.

My wife had bought 2plots of land at Mowo, Badagry for a Million Naira each some years ago only for us to hear last year, that some people were building on the land(land close to main road). We were told there's family dispute etcetra, and that it is police people that have laid claim to the land bla bla bla.

I will appreciate any information or solution from anyone here that can help us get the land back. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 28, 2015
Why must you buy land from Real Estate companies ? Nigerians like harping on the ignorance of unexposed people.

Get this into your head once you wanna buy land. Any land in Nigeria you pay for in installments is fraud. For now, we don't have mortgage loans in Nigeria, so buy your land one off and start development same month to avoid stories that touch.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 28, 2015
blank:
@ Lawyer, this is a very apt thread. I will give my own personal experience and will call names because i do not pull my punches. grin

I tried to invest in Lekki Gardens Phase 2. They were dodgy about releasing information and gave out false info as well. I remember Gladys saying that each house will have inverters, the estate will have a town hall meeting in which they will choose their own service charge and electricity charge, each house will be provided with a carport, etc. I asked for a contract that states all of these which they didn't have. I asked to see the documents of the land, they kept telling me long stories. Can they start building if they do not have title? Will they swindle me and run away with the houses? They can only show me after i have paid up fully and other such thrash. Also, they don't have building approval so could not get a mortgage. After 2 months of back and forth, i let go. This was before they started building Phase 2.

After a couple of years, they had built up and really expanded and we were interested again. By this time, the areas available in Ajah were either Phase 4 or Phase 3 extension. After seeing the layout, we decided on Phase 3 extension because of the access road and how easy it would be to access the express. It was meant to be directly behind Phase 3. They showed us the documents which were that they had a court case that had been settled by the families. Gave us an upfront contract (although they said the proper sale contract would be after full payment, i have forgotten what they called this initial contract). We paid the deposit and started the wait game.

After 3 months, we went there and noticed that the access road beside phase 3 had been fenced off by the people beside. That day we went, we saw army and navy fighting over one side of the land (the unfenced part) where the estate should be. We started disturbing LG to show us where the phase 3 extension will be. Today they will say it is on the right, another day it is on the left. They said the access road will be through Phase 3 or phase 4. We did a search of the documents and realised that LG lost the land they bought and they had to re-buy it from the original owners which they had not done. We started bombarding their office for our money back. They wanted to give us phase 4 which was already being built but we insisted on getting our money back. That was when they mentioned that in the final contract, refunds will be 10% of the money paid and they will refund after 3 months. That was a very long 3 months. We went there with my cousin, a lawyer to fake a law suit if they should deduct any money as we didn't enter into that contract (it was meant to be done after full payment) neither are we defaulting. They were the ones that defaulted.

They finally gave us our full money after 4 months and i have steered clear of LG and any other estate property since then.

^^^^ For example...

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
Lucasbalo:
Nothing surprises me in Nigeria because scam in real estate and other business ventures are daily occurrences. It happened to me once but I won't fall a victim anymore. Nigeria is a place where you have to open your eyes wide and get all your antennas clicking.

Do you know scammers know a JJC when they see one ?

They also recognize a knowledgeable fellow who cannot be scammed even before you say a word ?

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by adebayoggt(m): 8:27am On Apr 29, 2015
pls anybody dat can give me info about ADRION PROPERTY. because I'm developing not a cold feet already but a frozen feet.
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 29, 2015
nil
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 29, 2015
the fact that some people scammed you earlier doesn't mean all Real Estate Companies are fake. ... i Currently work for Barifec Realties Limited (a Real Estate Company)..... We are 100% real and our clients and service speaks for us... We are currently selling out plots in our estate (Grace Parks and Garden, Mowe-Offada)

We always Prove Doubters wrong by inviting them to our office to show Them every legal document for the land. . we Even provide the land cordinates for our interested client for them to go confirm the land details from town planning office themselves. Just to assure them of our Credibility.

I strongly beliv there are lot of real estate fraud out there but i thank God and am proud of the company i represent..... I am Proud of my M.D "Barrister Babatunde Rufai" for being an honest and Godly man and that same spirit and vision is what every staff of our company carries.

If you want to verify us Check www.barifecrealtieslimited.com
or
visit our office @ 51church street, Oshodi Lagos ........ and we will be glad to show you every single document of d land (100%)

our foundation is built on Honesty and integrity

my Contact
ajayiademola@barifecrealtieslimited.com

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by chitown(m): 4:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
Thank you lawyer for this article. I and some friends bought some plots of land in Mowe from Wisdom property for 500,000 each. Its been over 5 years now and nothing has been received. The last I heard they are requesting 1.2M for development fee. They got to be kidding me right!!! I wouldn't spend another kobo on them. The govt land is not too different either. People who subscribed to govt schemes in ikorodu and ijanikin are yet to see their land despite paying the govt fully. We truly need a change!! Everything stinks when its comes to land in Nigeria. The lasg has not fully performed their responsibilities to those citizens who were allocated land since 2010, yet they are coming out with new schemes. What they have done is making those in the land bureau stupendous rich by allocating these lands meant for the citizens to their cronies for resale.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 29, 2015
Billyonaire:
Lekki Gardens houses...hmmm you need to understand that they will not allow you to use generator in the estate, even its your house, you wont repaint your house to your desired taste should you want to, they will provide all the services whether you want the services or not and its like living on rent even when its your house. I think you should consult a trusted private developer to take care of building a house for you. Lekki Gardens looks and sound cheap, but consider how much you will spend in a lifetime when you cant even opt out and provide your self a better service based on your taste.

I just don't know why people are buying into this scheme.

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
CityNG:

I just don't know why people are buying into this scheme.
Because they dream to own a home without the high cost associated with such ownership without thinking of the future. My first house in Lekki was paid through a better scheme, in that I saw a house, and I made down payment and spread the balance within 1yr, but I didnt move in until I paid off and that was helpful. Buying into an in-existent home, in any scheme based on promisory note sounds like madness to me.

5 Likes

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 30, 2015
demisig:
the fact that some people scammed you earlier doesn't mean all Real Estate Companies are fake. ... i Currently work for Barifec Realties Limited (a Real Estate Company)..... We are 100% real and our clients and service speaks for us... We are currently selling out plots in our estate (Grace Parks and Garden, Mowe-Offada)

We always Prove Doubters wrong by inviting them to our office to show Them every legal document for the land. . we Even provide the land cordinates for our interested client for them to go confirm the land details from town planning office themselves. Just to assure them of our Credibility.

I strongly beliv there are lot of real estate fraud out there but i thank God and am proud of the company i represent..... I am Proud of my M.D "Barrister Babatunde Rufai" for being an honest and Godly man and that same spirit and vision is what every staff of our company carries.

If you want to verify us Check www.barifecrealtieslimited.com
or
visit our office @ 51church street, Oshodi Lagos ........ and we will be glad to show you every single document of d land (100%)

our foundation is built on Honesty and integrity

my Contact
ajayiademola@barifecrealtieslimited.com

No offense but nothing you've posted means a thing to me. The thing is that our people like to brag a lot.

Do you belong to a professional organization? Do you have a list of satisfied clients?

Now I'm not saying you're not 100% legit but you need to work on credible proof points for potential clients.

4 Likes

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Onuokwu: 8:08am On Apr 30, 2015
cecegorz:

Damn!
I am currently in discussion with LG for one of their new developments.
Your experience has given me ample points to push on our next meeting.
Thanks a lot for sharing this.

Are you sure you still want to go ahead with that transaction? Have you read the thread on Lekki Gardens? You may want to do so.

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by cecegorz(m): 8:39am On Apr 30, 2015
Onuokwu:

Are you sure you still want to go ahead with that transaction? Have you read the thread on Lekki Gardens? You may want to do so.
Oh, there's a thread on that already?
Please drop the link.
Thanks.
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by blank(f): 9:50am On Apr 30, 2015
cecegorz:

Oh, there's a thread on that already?
Please drop the link.
Thanks.

https://www.nairaland.com/862800/lekki-gardens-estate-how-genuine

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
adebayoggt:
pls anybody dat can give me info about ADRION PROPERTY. because I'm developing not a cold feet already but a frozen feet.
After paying price of land and survey, you will pay supervisory fee, security fee, documentation fee, architectural fee, development fee. With all this fees paid you will have to wait very long for their allocation. If you want refund of your money, they will deduct 20 percent admin charge from your money. But note in some of their estates all the fees outlined is much higher than the price of their land. Some time ago when I came to their office, One of their customers was almost in tears and asking for refund when he realized he won't be allocated due to one flimsy reason or the other. it dawned on him he had been trapped. If you want to buy from them I suggest you request a copy of their deed of contract for review and analysis. Ask questions as well.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? / Lady Laments As Flood Takes Over Her Street Where She Pays N4 Million A Year As / 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.