Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,845 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC (50292 Views)

Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities / Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP / HRH Sanusi Speaks Again On The Missing $20b And The PWC Report. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by glory2glory: 2:30pm On Apr 28, 2015
Its either GEJ was under a spell, too naive or was part of the looting.
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
Brave souls you all are. I have not been able to bring myself to open that report again! My head still hurts from the sheer wickedness
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 2:34pm On Apr 28, 2015
jaybee3:

Agreed

What has this got to do with the report?

What has this got to do with the report? This was a forensic audit of NNPC not CBN!

This your attempt at finding your way around the report via concocted conjectures is actually laughable.
Did you even bother to digest the report?

Okay let me help you here.
Sanusi as the then CBN governor expects a certain amount of money to be remitted into the federation account by NNPC

He noticed irregularities in payment and raised alarm of the unremitted funds

The Minister of finance corroborated Sanusi’s story albeit with a slightly lesser figure

GEJ forced Sanusi out probably because of the whistleblowing

GEJ instructed PWC to investigate Sanusi’s claim despite assurances by the NNPC, senate probe and other vested interests. GEJ actually categorically stated that no money was missing (we now know he is a freaking lying bat)

The report was presented to GEJ around November but had to be embargoed since the findings was damaging and would have resulted in them losing the election

Auditor General concluded using an excerpt from the summary of report that $1.48B needs to be refunded by NNPC

Buhari hinted his intention to review the audit

GEJ having no choice had to instruct the release of the report

We are all here screaming and scratching our heads on the monumental fraud that has been going on at NNPC under GEJ’s watch. I’m sure you now know you could have benefitted from this money by gaining QUALITY education that would have allowed you read/digest and interpret findings.

Just go and sleep before I lose my temper
Your patriotic service in re-educating one of the numerous products of mother Nigeria's 'poorlity' basic education will never be swept under the carpet of history, you'd always be remembered whenever the 'heroes past' is mentioned in the National Anthem. Much more grace to thy reasoning!

7 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
mrmetoo1:
So basically money is stolen on the way from NNPC to federation account, then when it lands account another round of stealing. Then when allocations are being made for budget, more stealing. Ministries/agencies get money, more stealing. For house/Senate to approve anything more stealing. Then monthly allocations to states, governors take over and steal. Money released to service items in budgets too goes missing. Money will now get to local govt, that one too stolen. As in.. Naija!!! Meanwhile govt officials are being jailed in the UK for misappropriation of thousands of pounds, we're taking about billions here.
True picture of the way public funds are handled

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 28, 2015
realy2:
Nobody is talking about CBN not opening its doors for audit. That was because the whistle blower is himself covered in poo. He is the CRIMINAL emir of kano. But I'm sure buhari would never probe him guess you know why. Nigerians please seek for the truth no matter your political affiliation cos that's the only way we can be set free. To much bias flying around.
You got your facts wrong,it was Ex Managing Director of Zenith Bank Godwin Emefiele the current CBN Governor that refused to open CBN doors to audit. Mohammed Sanusi was interviewed by PWC on his allegations and he made his points known it's in PWC report.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by ajalaolanr(m): 3:19pm On Apr 28, 2015
CHANCEMAN:

Who was the CBN governor when the audit was being carried out? Don't you think you should find out before jumping to conclusions. Why was the CBN not cooperative?

The audit was carried out after he removed Sanusi, pls read and understand well before making your feedback public.

3 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by DeeMain(m): 3:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
Mynd44:
On page 102, there is a charge of N0.24 on each litre of DPK going into the private pockets of someone or some people.
cheesy

The Kerosene scam is the most painful of the lot. The poorest amongst us who are the major users of the product are being mindlessly stolen from.

I feel like weeping now.

This evil is of the same magnitude as Boko Haram.

May all those lootocrats and thieves be jailed for life.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Teespice(f): 3:34pm On Apr 28, 2015
RoyalPriesthuud:
hahahahahaha, I see through this too. You shouldn't have ask him, at least we'd know less of 'stew-pi.'
And then, his battery ran flat, SLS conspired against the North to cause that too, hehehe.

I wasn't in the mood to argue.

classic case of the more you look, the less you see.
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 28, 2015
DeeMain:

The Kerosene scam is the most painful of the lot. The poorest amongst us who are the major users of the product are being mindlessly stolen from.

I feel like weeping now.

This evil is of the same magnitude as Boko Haram.

May all those lootocrats and thieves be jailed for life.
I agree this is called economic terrorism and likely led to the Boko-haram having willing recruits. This money stolen if expended well could have developed areas in the North East

1 Like

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by udatso: 3:53pm On Apr 28, 2015
dayodare49o:
O boy i thought you were thought verbal reasoning when you were in primary school. That should be enough tool to inter-print this. More so, as for me, i dont speak good English and I don't want to. however, if you don't have the logic to understand that little how can you understand the whole body of terms. No wonder you support people like sanusi. I have seen that you don't have what it takes to reason like humans so I am not going to engage you in constructive and objective argument.
Was it really necessary to expose yourself?
You never should have engaged him as you were no match for him. I advice you zip it before it gets worse
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by dayodare49o: 4:59pm On Apr 28, 2015
udatso:

Was it really necessary to expose yourself?
You never should have engaged him as you were no match for him. I advice you zip it before it gets worse
What does it take me to kill you and you dad before the day breaks. Nothing! I wonder if your life is in anyway better than dogs killed by cars.
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by dayodare49o: 5:08pm On Apr 28, 2015
jaybee3:

Agreed

What has this got to do with the report? This was a forensic audit of NNPC not CBN!

This your attempt at finding your way around the report via concocted conjectures is actually laughable.
Did you even bother to digest the report?

Okay let me help you here.
Sanusi as the then CBN governor expects a certain amount of money to be remitted into the federation account by NNPC

He noticed irregularities in payment and raised alarm of the unremitted funds

The Minister of finance corroborated Sanusi’s story albeit with a slightly lesser figure

GEJ forced Sanusi out probably because of the whistleblowing

GEJ instructed PWC to investigate Sanusi’s claim despite assurances by the NNPC, senate probe and other vested interests. GEJ actually categorically stated that no money was missing (we now know he is a freaking lying bat)

The report was presented to GEJ around November but had to be embargoed since the findings was damaging and would have resulted in them losing the election

Auditor General concluded using an excerpt from the summary of report that $1.48B needs to be refunded by NNPC

Buhari hinted his intention to review the audit

GEJ having no choice had to instruct the release of the report

We are all here screaming and scratching our heads on the monumental fraud that has been going on at NNPC under GEJ’s watch. I’m sure you now know you could have benefitted from th

is money by gaining QUALITY education th at would have allowed you read/digest and interpret findings

Just go and sleep before I lose my temper
There is connectivity between life and temper, if you lose your temper there is high chance that you will lose your life with it. so I don't care. we are too much already.
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by udatso: 11:09pm On Apr 28, 2015
dayodare49o:
Then if want to hear I will tell you these:

1 no doubt Jonathan administration is a failure especially when it comes to fighting corruption. He got many thing wrong.

2 He got those things wrong because he wanted to satisfy north, due to what happened to power zoning as a result of yaradua's death. So, he sacrificed r
what due to south to satisfy northerners. especially, southwest.

3 Northerners were not satisfied yet and conspired against his administration as a way to frustrate his government out of place.

4 To carry out the conspiracy sanusi who was CBN governor then started funding illegal contracts through back doors.

5 When Jonathan passived that sanusi was doing something strange he was thinking of sending him on terminal leave when sanusi got Jonathan's plan hr started accusing Jonathan's administration of of the money aforementioned.

6 jonathan's administration did not say money did not lose of cause they accepted shortfall of 10.8 billion. Sanusi was part of them, later auditor was called to investigate it yet sanusi trying to use masses to play politics. All sanusi contributed to Jonathan's Administration was nothing but evil.

7 how do you want me to believe sanusi? if Nigeria lift crude oil what 69 billion how much will it cost nnpc did buhari consider cost and co stitution before he was barking? my battery finished... later.
You're an embodiment of Nigeria's many illnesses.

4 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by dayodare49o: 11:16pm On Apr 28, 2015
udatso:

You're an embodiment of Nigeria's many illnesses.
Now if you are ordered to hit your head against the wall until it breaks down you will na diabolical power was used on you. What the hell you father has to day here? You don't have point but abusive word
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by shaqhead: 11:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Dude this is where you think people care. Look I supported APC through this last campaign but I don't care if 95% of them end up in jail if they're involved. Enough of this, we voted GMB for hope of a better Nigeria not for hope of a better APC. I could care less about members of APC
Word bro...who cares! Its just like when kept runnin thier mouths about who is behind bokoharam and PDP took it a step further by labeling the APC as janja.weeds....Who cares who is behind what? What we care about is what the one that claims to know who is behind what is doing about it!

Has jona told us d boko folks in his government?
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by udatso: 7:00am On Apr 29, 2015
dayodare49o:
Now if you are ordered to hit your head against the wall until it breaks down you will na diabolical power was used on you. What the hell you father has to day here? You don't have point but abusive word
It's better to remain silent and be suspected of foolishness than to open your mouth and dispell all possible doubt."
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by dayodare49o: 7:23am On Apr 29, 2015
udatso:
It's better to remain silent and be suspected of foolishness than to open your mouth and dispell all possible doubt."
my silence is more deadly than outspokenness. if I keep silent then it means it is time you run to lagoon. May today trouble you.
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by patrickmuf(m): 8:56am On Apr 29, 2015
Enoquin:
Full probe of all the parastatals, ministries, customs, NNPC, CBN, immigration and defence.

These people looted without any conscience, this was/is greed plus undiluted evil. The annoying part is that the president, dame and dieziani will be used to judge everyone in the south south.

I went to bed angry last night because of this, still woke up angry.
I've been hampering on this salient point you've raised for some time now, GEJ's actions or inactions may affect the chances of the South-South people in some years to come...GEJ is akin to the woes heaped on the Ibos by their so called warlord, Ojukwu
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by tomakint: 11:54am On May 06, 2015
patrickmuf:
I've been hampering on this salient point you've raised for some time now, GEJ's actions or inactions may affect the chances of the South-South people in some years to come...GEJ is akin to the woes heaped on the Ibos by their so called warlord, Ojukwu
I don't get it, so the Northerners misrule of 30 something years and Obj's 7 inglorious years as the de facto Minister of Petroleum Resources should be over-looked....NNPC must be probed from 1985!
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by patrickmuf(m): 11:57am On May 06, 2015
tomakint:

I don't get it, so the Northerners misrule of 30 something years and Obj's 7 inglorious years as the de facto Minister of Petroleum Resources should be over-looked....NNPC must be probed from 1985!
You'll never get it...
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by tomakint: 2:44pm On May 06, 2015
patrickmuf:
You'll never get it...
whatever you are insinuating, you'll never get it too!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Pictures Of Enugu From 1959 To 1960 / Senator Barnabas Gemade Caught Sleeping In The Senate For The 3rd Time (PIX) / Reno Omokri Reacts To Femi Otedola Accepting Lagos State PDP Governorship Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.