Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC (50416 Views)

Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities / Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP / HRH Sanusi Speaks Again On The Missing $20b And The PWC Report. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Omadachi(m): 7:48am On Apr 28, 2015
This is ridiculous..Infact thank God GEJ lost the election.Everything would have been swept under the carpet.
And still some region want this man to continue by all means.Thank God for the north,north central and West that kicked him out.PWC would have qualified the report outrightly instead of giving any figure.
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by mrmetoo1: 7:51am On Apr 28, 2015
So basically money is stolen on the way from NNPC to federation account, then when it lands account another round of stealing. Then when allocations are being made for budget, more stealing. Ministries/agencies get money, more stealing. For house/Senate to approve anything more stealing. Then monthly allocations to states, governors take over and steal. Money released to service items in budgets too goes missing. Money will now get to local govt, that one too stolen. As in.. Naija!!! Meanwhile govt officials are being jailed in the UK for misappropriation of thousands of pounds, we're taking about billions here.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Lifebender(m): 7:51am On Apr 28, 2015
PassingShot:

If he didn't release it now, it would have done worse damage by the time it's eventually released by GMB.

So, whichever way, GEJ will be embarrassed.

You're right.Just trying to say why the chest beating from himThose figures were just doing mii Arghhhh!Arghhhh!!!.Seriously

Am not suprised at NNPC and NPDC those lot should be in their short by now getting ready for their prison terms.

2 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Atk1nson(m): 7:51am On Apr 28, 2015
IzonOwei:
I am angry with the collective wealth issue while the niger delta has been bled dry by the non-niger deltans...from my initial post I typically support GEJs act with the FOI...its high time the collective wealth expression is changed...thank you
pls be honest with yourself:
- if GEJ had won then elections, would he had released this report?
- if GEJ had won, would Deziane have started returning USD 1.48 billion
- even though this report came out last year and reveals very crippling levels of corruption, did GEJ hold anyone the account or did he attempt to implement any of the recommendations in this report?
it's sad u are attempting to glorify this man's clear ineptitude and corruption, even barcanista and temitemi1 are not even doing that.

let's put sentiments aside and make this country better for our children

3 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by bettercreature(m): 7:54am On Apr 28, 2015
IzonOwei:
he should have released an inconclusive and incomplete result before the elections?....
I still insist,if you read this report carefully,you will understand EMEFELE was used to make the audit report very difficult and inconclusive,EMEFELE is highly compromised,this man must be probed and jailed if found guilty,Izonowei if you reason with me,how can a GCFR accept inconclusive report where key players did not participate,its obvious jonathan knows whereabout of the money

2 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Williamso(m): 7:55am On Apr 28, 2015
IzonOwei:
p]lease explain further with the racketeering of oil and gas jobs within out ND for oil and gas jobs...the last time I checked we were less employed nd marginalized as regards these jobs...

Because scotland chose to remain with uk so should we remain with nigeria ?....

Secession, federalism ok to me....let us for once ,every niger deltan enjoy whats beneath his lands...
Find out about a certain Warri "billionaire" who bought a RR as a wedding gift for his wife... Bye for now

2 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by mrmetoo1: 7:56am On Apr 28, 2015
claycares:
Thanks for the quote. Well, PwC are not experts in valuation of oil and gas assets and the valuation is usually and largely based on the hgdrocarbon reserves in the asset be it gas or oil. From my few days in the industry, it iwill be very unprofessional for PwC to just quote a value without stating the capability of the assets like the daily production (number of barrels/day), the reserves (xxm mb/d and the mscf of gas ) avaialable, the number of wells on each field and their capacity, etc. Pls note that I'm not saying there's or no fraud in the transactions.

Read the paragraph I circled well, they didn't value that by themselves, it was based on the deals shell made with respect to those particular assets. This is the reason they stated that even though they appreciate the fact that it's a government to government deal, it's still grossly undervalued. They actually explained this further in other parts of the document

2 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Jorussia(m): 7:56am On Apr 28, 2015
IzonOwei:
for me I think the smaller splinter groups we push for the better we can unanimously handle the problems of nigeria..how do you start to hold accountable leaders in nigeria?....we are just too many and polarized...

You might think the niger delta is as polarized as the way nigeria is, but know that we have common grounds and its a good platform on which we can stand and solve problems...we have similar cultures, have similar languages,have similar religion and share resources...we can better deal with ourselves when we are small...the results of south sudan must not be the case fr nigeria...we are more educated and enlightened.
I understand your frustrations,but as i said earlier and will continue to say,pulling out of Nigeria is not the best option for us as Niger deltans.The same under development we cry about in Niger Delta can be found also in all other regions in Nigeria. One would have thought that the northern part of our country would have been as developed as Dubai base on the fact that northerners have ruled this nation for a long time and also have numerous oil wells,but that is not the present case because of bad leadership.South Sudan is still d best example for us to look unto as Niger deltans because their case is similar to ours.I don't agree with you that we are more enlightened and educated than south Sudan,because its a false assumption.We don't have similar languages, I jaw and urhobo language is not the same so also Bini and ikwere.You don't want to co habit with Muslims but Asari dokubo who is championing our separation from Nigeria is a MUSLIM,is that not hypocrisy on his part?the northern part of Edo is dominated by Muslims are now going to cast dem away? In Edo state alone you have 30 different tribes/ethnic groups. We should simply demand for resource country led by the civil groups and individuals in d region and not by militants.

5 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 28, 2015
Atk1nson:

pls be honest with yourself:
- if GEJ had won then elections, would he had released this report?
- if GEJ had won, would Deziane have started returning USD 1.48 billion
- even though this report came out last year and reveals very crippling levels of corruption, did GEJ hold anyone the account or did he attempt to implement any of the recommendations in this report?
it's sad u are attempting to glorify this man's clear ineptitude and corruption, even barcanista and temitemi1 are not even doing that.

let's put sentiments aside and make this country better for our children
why wont the results be released if he had won the elections?...many reports have been published right under GEJs administration...I say give kudos to him for letting guys like you ask for reports...give the ineptitude man some kudos...

And denzieni would have returned the 1.48billion dollars...the money was not in her personal account for Christ sakes....

1 Like

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by AdeniyiA(m): 7:59am On Apr 28, 2015
anonimi:
What could Sanusi's CBN be hiding

2 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 28, 2015
IzonOwei:
which house of rep if I may ask...the same rep members who have benefited from what ever spoils that have proceeded from stolen funds..?...shun those hypocrites called rep members...my point is did we ever think that someday we would push for reports and get results?...answer me

Pls think with your head and not with your anus. Do you honestly believe jonadunce would've released this report if he were still retaining power!!! The weakling is playing his last card, looking for soft landing from other weaklings like you and on the other hand, since he cant read and understand, he believed Nigerians too would lack the ability to understand the report. Jail things!

2 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 28, 2015
Jorussia:
I understand your frustrations,but as i said earlier and will continue to say,pulling out of Nigeria is not the best option for us as Niger deltans.The same under development we cry about in Niger Delta can be found also in all other regions in Nigeria. One would have thought that the northern part of our country would have been as developed as Dubai base on the fact that northerners have ruled this nation for a long time and also have numerous oil wells,but that is not the present case because of bad leadership.South Sudan is still d best example for us to look unto as Niger deltans because their case is similar to ours.I don't agree with you that we are more enlightened and educated than south Sudan,because its a false assumption.
]no one is sure how the niger delta would cope if it was left alone...but I forsee where we can handle issues amicably if we are a smaller group...lets not shove secession aside as if its not an option....
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 28, 2015
kpez:

Pls think with your head and not with your anus. Do you honestly believe jonadunce would've released this report if he were still retaining power!!! The weakling is playing his last card, looking for soft landing from other weaklings like you and on the other hand, since he cant read and understand, he believed Nigerians too would lack the ability to understand the report. Jail things!
the truth is your not sure if he would have released the results?....so why dont you shut up... angry...were you the one who pushed him to carry out the audit in the first place?...yes he is a weakling and has allowed information for you lot to harp on...
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Caseless: 8:08am On Apr 28, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Did you read the part where sanusi said he had no knowledge of how NNPC is ran
ehen? Didn't u know that it was Sanusi that blew the trumpet?
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by bayulll01(m): 8:09am On Apr 28, 2015
Wallie:
I don die!!! Is this the report that the government is basing their decision that only $1.48 billion is missing on?

Did GEJ miss the paragraph on the first page that said "The procedures we performed did not constitute an examination or a review in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards or attestation standards. Accordingly, we provide no opinion, attestation or other form of assurance with respect to our work or the information upon which our work was based"?

A lot of people will surely be going to kirikiri!

You are disappointing yourself,is gej smart,he the most clueless person on earth,so what do u expect from him,I knew something is so wrong with that report,I knew that cannot be a comprehensive report on the NNPC,I knew gej and his cohort are hiding something,this people want to finish this country so sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Atk1nson(m): 8:10am On Apr 28, 2015
IzonOwei:
why wont the results be released if he had won the elections?...many reports have been published right under GEJs administration...I say give kudos to him for letting guys like you ask for reports...give the ineptitude man some kudos...

And denzieni would have returned the 1.48billion dollars...the money was not in her personal account for Christ sakes....
1k per candidate that Abba Moro collected for the scam immigration exercise and GEJ promised will be returned has not been returned for over a year, it this huge sum that would? learn to be sincere with yourself bro
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by arent88(m): 8:11am On Apr 28, 2015
Williamso:

You don't seem to get it. Asari collect(s/ed) huge money from FG and goes to invest in Benin republic. GEJ/Diezani coordinate the massive looting of our oil without recourse to remembering the ND people. If we separate, these are the people that will remain at the forefront, and thus, will continue the lootocracy. My brother, separation will not favour us oh! You don't need to look beyond South Sudan to realize my point.
Besides, we have Ministry of Niger Delta affairs, we have NDDC, what are those thieves even doing for the ND now? What will they do differently after separation?
with ur statements i can only imagine how very inteligent u are.pls i urge u to stop further discussions with dat guy.he is so blinded by hate and too dull to even get the point u ar making.

2 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Caseless: 8:13am On Apr 28, 2015
IzonOwei:
the truth is your not sure if he would have released the results?....so why dont you shut up... angry...were you the one who pushed him to carry out the audit in the first place?...yes he is a weakling and has allowed information for you lot to harp on...
if he had the intention to release the report, he'd have done so after 48hr of reception of it. He had to order it's release just after Buhari threatened probe into the missing billions.

1 Like

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by claycares: 8:15am On Apr 28, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Read the paragraph I circled well, they didn't value that by themselves, it was based on the deals shell made with respect to those particular assets. This is the reason they stated that even though they appreciate the fact that it's a government to government deal, it's still grossly undervalued. They actually explained this further in other parts of the document
very well then, I've got to read the whole doc when I get to the office
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by blaise26abj(m): 8:21am On Apr 28, 2015
I don't think we should be talking about jail time here. We should be talking about death by hanging for these armed robbers. Jailing is too small. If Diezani is found guilty, let her die alongside her co-looters. It is sickening to read this further. They are single handedly responsible for the death of so many nigerians.

This is too depressing

3 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by idu1(m): 8:21am On Apr 28, 2015
IzonOwei:
but I am right na...during objs tenure who ever had the right to ask for a forensic report of nnpc dealings??...who??
during obj's tenure efcc was viable and some corrupt persons was prosecuted and loots recovered by effc.

Did you hear of those things in jonathan's whole tenure?
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by persius555(m): 8:23am On Apr 28, 2015
God will punish anyone whos would suggest that buhari shouldnt probe sfter the swear-in. Enemies of this countries are patrons in churches and mosque.God deliver us from chronic corruption.

4 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Ellashow: 8:39am On Apr 28, 2015
To my humble opinion, I thinks PGEJ set Deziane up. It's pay back time.
The way all of them are running 'helter skelter' after he lost at the poll especially madam minister looking for soft landing by meeting Gen. Abubakar without consulting him first.
So it's better to sacrifice others for his landing too. By releasing this, madam is hooked and PGEJ will be laughing his a**s off.

2 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Pataki: 8:48am On Apr 28, 2015
So CBN refused to open their account book for auditing under the man that GEJ appointed, yet GEJ has kept this man as the CBN governor!

And yet some goats wants me to believe GEJ is transparent?!

I really doubt GEJ read this report by PwC before he foolishly stated that it be released months after it had been submitted.

Walai, GEJ must go to jail!

3 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by jukaizer(m): 8:52am On Apr 28, 2015
So this is the comprehensive forensic audit GEJ was talking about. CBN uncooperative, NPDC uncooperative. Vital information withheld from auditors. No attestation from auditors. Na wa o.

2 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by nobeku: 8:54am On Apr 28, 2015
omolami:
Another big lies from the devilish pit of APC hell and Lie Mohammed. PWC are not like Nigerians you can bribe. See d report and do your worse. You are being awaited. Stop the sickning threats nigerians are sick of them.
You alone are a CURSED GENERATION!With de level of wickedness meted out to Nigerians,this is what you can sayYour spiritual torment by de devils of de deep has just begun...may you never recover till you do a Turn Around Maintainance of your cranium...BLOODY SIMPLETON!
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Sunymoore(m): 9:05am On Apr 28, 2015
luvmijeje:

Can you see how the Nigerians way of reasoning have been bastardize. Let's agreed that you use private hospitals, private schools, private cars..... Do you use private roads? Private naira? private inflation? private security?
My way of reasoning is very sound, so take the crap out.. Do you know what's the meaning of' giving up'? If by any chance so, I give up on Nigeria... That's is not too hard to comprehend, I think.
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by frankson1(m): 9:11am On Apr 28, 2015
Wallie:
I don die!!! Is this the report that the government is basing their decision that only $1.48 billion is missing on?

Did GEJ miss the paragraph on the first page that said "The procedures we performed did not constitute an examination or a review in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards or attestation standards. Accordingly, we provide no opinion, attestation or other form of assurance with respect to our work or the information upon which our work was based"?

A lot of people will surely be going to kirikiri!

I love the certificateless-ly illitrate than the Phds owners.

2 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Ellashow: 9:11am On Apr 28, 2015
IzonOwei:
are you not happy that you are seeing a report? angry....why this your mouth no ask for report during objs tenure...because its GEJ y'all can run around shouting corruption and kirikiri....besides that wealth was in times past and till this moment stolen by the northerners and westerners....so make you go hide....collective wealth my foot

It's not about shouting GEJ is corrupt, as we all know all our politicians are corrupts but it's PGEJ utterances that takes it to the next level like 'stealing is not corruption', 'how much Nwobodo stole?' kind of words. And his inability to prosecutes those that were found guilty of corruption, e.g Farouk/Otedola gates, pension scam to name a few. And saying he'll use technology to fight corruption, how? At least Obj still prosecutes some despite being corrupt too.
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 28, 2015
olapluto:
Just to put in perspective. $9 billion on Kerosene subsidy. That equates to $60,000 per Nigerian. Or 12 million naira per Nigerian in one year.
I wonder if that slime called Barcanista will redo his maths on Buhari's ability to pay Nigerian youths monthly stipend. If oil thieves can be stealing 1 million naira from every Nigerian every month, who says we cannot have 100k monthly allowance? And this is on kerosene subsidy alone. Minus state government stealing, minus NPA& NIMASA, minus Customs, etc.
We have very very wicked leaders.
God bless you.
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by frankson1(m): 9:15am On Apr 28, 2015
Jorussia:
I understand your frustrations,but as i said earlier and will continue to say,pulling out of Nigeria is not the best option for us as Niger deltans.The same under development we cry about in Niger Delta can be found also in all other regions in Nigeria. One would have thought that the northern part of our country would have been as developed as Dubai base on the fact that northerners have ruled this nation for a long time and also have numerous oil wells,but that is not the present case because of bad leadership.South Sudan is still d best example for us to look unto as Niger deltans because their case is similar to ours.I don't agree with you that we are more enlightened and educated than south Sudan,because its a false assumption.We don't have similar languages, I jaw and urhobo language is not the same so also Bini and ikwere.You don't want to co habit with Muslims but Asari dokubo who is championing our separation from Nigeria is a MUSLIM,is that not hypocrisy on his part?the northern part of Edo is dominated by Muslims are now going to cast dem away? In Edo state alone you have 30 different tribes/ethnic groups. We should simply demand for resource country led by the civil groups and individuals in d region and not by militants.

Well spoken. You've said it all.
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 28, 2015
Ellashow:

It's not about shouting GEJ is corrupt, as we all know all our politicians are corrupts but it's PGEJ utterances that takes it to the next level like 'stealing is not corruption', 'how much Nwobodo stole?' kind of words. And his inability to prosecutes those that were found guilty of corruption, e.g Farouk/Otedola gates, pension scam to name a few. And saying he'll use technology to fight corruption, how? At least Obj still prosecutes some despite being corrupt too.
obj.... grin....obj prosecuted his enemies...and as we know obj is the king of thieves

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Breaking: INEC Cancels Supplementary Elections In Bauchi / Ike Ekweremadu Visits Bola Tinubu At His Ikoyi Residence (Photo) / Ocholi's Family Suspects Foul Play In His Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.