Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. (2766 Views)

What Lord Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo / Imagine Nigeria Without Fuel Boasting To Engage South-east/south-south In War / House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. by lurther: 11:03pm On Apr 28, 2015
what Lord Lugard said about the amalgamation of the northern protectorate and southern protectorate of Nigeria.

Source:https://twitter.com/SeeMeSeeNigeria

Re: What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. by kodded(m): 11:06pm On Apr 28, 2015
but in this present dispensation if a poor husband (now made rich ) continue beating up his rich wife...........

The wife will file for divorce and if the husband still don't want to change his arrogant life style...........

Then the court has no choice but to separate the union

......................Abi no be so ? cheesy

9 Likes

Re: What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. by lurther: 11:08pm On Apr 28, 2015
There is a source there. Kindly check it out.
kodded:
e be like oga you dey wrong o
Re: What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. by Beamborla(f): 11:19pm On Apr 28, 2015
He was wrong, he is wrong and he is still wrong.

The statement I'm sure was made just to beautify their selfish interest.

Let the secession begin. Even if it's just for 2 yrs.
Let every body go their separate ways already
This forced marriage is chocking me embarassed

5 Likes

Re: What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. by AhmedMustapha(m): 11:27pm On Apr 28, 2015
Good move by Lord Lugard back then. Nigeria must be great
Re: What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. by ifyan(m): 11:33pm On Apr 28, 2015
Is this a wrong prophecy
Re: What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. by ki02020(m): 11:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
Amen......
Re: What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. by Kennywills7(m): 11:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
The marriage will b fair when each geo political zones is made to control its wealth. It is only then we will know d true strenght of dis union
Re: What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. by okotv(m): 11:52pm On Apr 28, 2015
We keep fanning the embers of hate and division. How then can we move forward
Re: What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. by Sabadon(m): 11:59pm On Apr 28, 2015
marriage na by force

2 Likes

Re: What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. by Edwardhead(m): 12:09am On Apr 29, 2015
Should I comment?
Re: What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. by IGBOSON1: 12:24am On Apr 29, 2015
I could have asked him if he would force his daughter to marry someone she's not compatible with! sad
Re: What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. by Mogidi: 12:24am On Apr 29, 2015
How I wish Lord Luggard was alive now to see the untold hardship he visited on us.
Re: What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. by Kay17: 1:01am On Apr 29, 2015
Beamborla:
He was wrong, he is wrong and he is still wrong.

The statement I'm sure was made just to beautify their selfish interest.

Let the secession begin. Even if it's just for 2 yrs.
Let every body go their separate ways already
This forced marriage is chocking me embarassed

But Lord Lugard is not referring to the union of two nations, rather two administrative units. It is deceptive to believe there can be a meaningful divorce because the supposed status quo is itself a creation of Lugard.
Re: What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. by Kay17: 1:07am On Apr 29, 2015
The prominent nations took centuries to crystallize their national unity. And neither was their nationalism a guided or deliberate effort. I dont think we need to become nationalists before we can live a country together. We can find other bonds like our race or a common ideology. Most of the people who advocate for a breakup of Nigeria, have no idea of the future that ushers. They have no idea of what sort of economies or politicial system would emerge out of the break up. They are neither visionaries nor geniuses. They are often people who cannot see beyond their noses. People crippled with shortsightedness.
Re: What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. by ZKOSOSO(m): 1:16am On Apr 29, 2015
WORD!
Poor huzie!!

Very Rich wifie!!

I can see divorce coming soon!!
Re: What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. by QuotaSystem: 1:18am On Apr 29, 2015
Rubbish from pained Igbo bigots yet to get over Buhari's victory. Just like the silly Madaki northerner impersonator, now the losers are impersonating Lord Lugard. A word processor and image filters is all it takes to sell these gullible fishes apparently.
Re: What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:23am On Apr 29, 2015
there is nothing logical about Satan lugard .

lugard scan is expired ,so we have mind of our own so go to hell with born to rule mentality .
Re: What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. by lurther: 5:58am On Apr 29, 2015
Always tribalizing everything. Can't u see, lord lugard said those words himself?
QuotaSystem:
Rubbish from pained Igbo bigots yet to get over Buhari's victory.

1 Like

Re: What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. by Bawsse(m): 6:19am On Apr 29, 2015
Chai!!! I used to like lord lugard in school those years... That was before I understood that they were a bunch of selfish colonialists, who do not have our interests in mind...

1 Like

Re: What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. by Opinedecandid(m): 6:33am On Apr 29, 2015
It's about time we went our ways.
Re: What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. by Beamborla(f): 6:39am On Apr 29, 2015
Kay17:

But Lord Lugard is not referring to the union of two nations, rather two administrative units. It is deceptive to believe there can be a meaningful divorce because the supposed status quo is itself a creation of Lugard.
It is the union of two nations to make administration easy for them. Except my history teacher was high on kerosene while teaching me back then.

It is wrong to conclude that those who are clamouring for the secession are short sighted people who can not see beyond their nose.

2 Likes

Re: What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. by kinglekan: 7:31am On Apr 29, 2015
Kay17:

Beamborla:

It is the union of two nations to make administration easy for them. Except my history teacher was high on kerosene while teaching me back then.

It is wrong to conclude that those who are clamouring for the secession are short sighted people who can not see beyond their nose.

Lord Lugard must have had a way of expressing such delicately poised issues with such humour.

While the lugard's marriage analogy seems very logical. I must add that I disagree with kay17 @highlighted.

Lugard might have made this union for different reasons but he is definitely not "Lord" in the issue of amalgamation.

On the other hand those who keep clamouring for a secession might not necessarily be short sighted but neither are they foresighted.

Nigeria is a state and one of the most diversified countries on the surface of the planet. Its our strength, yet it has become a nip in the bud or rather a torn in our flesh.

If we as a people would ever toll the line of disintegration then it should be done through proper and credible referendum.

We shouldn't let greedy politicians with self interest delude us into thinking that the solution to our problem is to end our unity.
Re: What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. by lurther: 5:06pm On Apr 29, 2015
They wouldn't like our division, because nigeria's division is the end of their looting and enrichment.
kinglekan:

Lord Lugard must have had a way of expressing such delicately poised issues with such humour.

While the lugard's marriage analogy seems very logical. I must add that I disagree with kay17 @highlighted.

Lugard might have made this union for different reasons but he is definitely not "Lord" in the issue of amalgamation.

On the other hand those who keep clamouring for a secession might not necessarily be short sighted but neither are they foresighted.

Nigeria is a state and one of the most diversified countries on the surface of the planet. Its our strength, yet it has become a nip in the bud or rather a torn in our flesh.

If we as a people would ever toll the line of disintegration then it should be done through proper and credible referendum.

We shouldn't let greedy politicians with self interest delude us into thinking that the solution to our problem is to end our unity.

1 Like

Re: What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. by Ugosample(m): 5:27pm On Nov 04, 2016
AhmedMustapha:
Good move by Lord Lugard back then. Nigeria must be great

As expected
Re: What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. by Kay17: 9:53am On Nov 06, 2016
Kennywills7:
The marriage will b fair when each geo political zones is made to control its wealth. It is only then we will know d true strenght of dis union

By their wealth you mean natural resources

(1) (Reply)

Rivers LG Poll: Barcanista And His Gang Shamed Again / Civilians Riot Live In Aba, Abia State (photos) / See The Unbelievable Real-life Looking Paintings By Nigerian Artist Oresegun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.