Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building (66201 Views)

Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) / Estimated Cost Of Building A Two Storey Building / What Is The Estimated Cost For Decking Of L58ft X W38ft Building In Sango-ota (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by larryokun: 3:23pm On Feb 03, 2009
I live abroad. I shall be coming to Nigeria soon to probably build a modern 4 flat storey building. can somebody tell me how many blocks. in short a conservative estimates outside the land money I particularly want to know the estimates for the following: blocks, wood, aluminium roofing sheets, labour, rods, or simply a general overview cost estimates
Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by larryokun: 4:32pm On Feb 04, 2009
If I told you how much money my relative in Lagos swindled me last year on a plot purchase, you would pity me. If I can see a competent debt collector to hire to help me recover the money, I am ready to pay some fee for his service. This explains why i want to minimise the expenses by going halfway myself. I know "estimate" means -+. Before I leap in the dark, I should limit the dimension of the risk involved. I am beyond a person who prides himself or herself in living "abroad" I schooled all my life in Nigeria. It is lecurership that took me abroad. That apart! Professional consultancy has its doubts you know, this is an article on this subject in this forum where a member said the money he paid to professionals was x4 of what roadside artisans required to do a similar job. With these write-ups, you would agree with me to some extent that my enquiries are not out of place
on the whole, if you know you could be of help with a conservative budget of say 9-10 million naira, then contact me with pictures. I know I get up to 5 or 6 419 emails unfortunately, through this forum of crediting my account with purportedly abandoned money from a deposed dictator either in liberia, somalia or ruwanda and etc
thanks for caring to read!
Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by ajileko: 2:38am On Feb 05, 2009
Larry, based on my experience, you will spend conservatively around 10-14 million naira to complete a project like this. And depending on where you are building your house, it could be more if raft foundation is required.
- about 6000 blocks 900,000
- 60 tons of granite 3.0 mil
- 90 tons of sand 3.6 mil
- 200 bags of cement 320,000
- 4 tons of iron rod 500,000
- assorted woods for setting and forms 100,000
- complete roofing Will run you about 800,000 naira
- labour 2 million naira

Hope this helps,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by battleaxe: 1:38pm On Feb 05, 2009
@ Ajileko

I'm thinking your figures are slightly off. The figures look too high.
(60 tons of granite 3.0 mil) makes it abt 50,000 per tonne divided equally
(90 tons of sand 3.6 mil) makes it abt 40,000 per tonne.

@larry okun
I would advise you visit the buildingcontractorsecrets website. He has a document there which can help you estimate the amount of building materials required for a building. Cost of buildings vary wildly though based on the level of finishing you desire. Wish you all the best.
Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by ajileko: 2:11pm On Feb 05, 2009
@battleaxe, my apology on the calculation for the granite and sand request. I was kind of tired last night.
Granite 60 tons @ 50,000 naira per 10 tons = 300, 000
Sand 90 tons @ 40,000 naira per 10 tons = 360, 000
Also depending on your bargaining power on all these supplies, you could save significantly.
Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by larryokun: 3:58pm On Feb 05, 2009
A big thank you for those who contributed positively to this topic especially Ajileko. What is the website address of the buildingcontractorsecrets website?
Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by Kx: 4:23pm On Feb 05, 2009
http://www.buildingcontractorsecrets.com/myblog.htm.

Before you contract a "professional" or an artisan,walk around the shops,obtain
apt prices for materials so as to be well informed.High cost of materials not witstanding,
I think the suggested/estimated cost of N10/12mil is on the high side.
Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by BAC: 5:02pm On Feb 05, 2009
Take the advise from our website www.nairainvestors.com

And also watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhR5mYs9SA0

Best of luck. and be careful there are dangerous contractors in Nigeria. They don't care about human life.
Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by angelina08(f): 8:58am On Feb 06, 2009
You can contact one the building consultant companies the can help.
Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by kzo0509: 9:49am On Feb 06, 2009
hello poster,granite will cost you the under listed amount.

15tons, 60,000naira
30tons, 120,000naira

i into supply of granite,you can contact me on kfad0509@hotmail.com
Goodluck
Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by thirdeye(m): 11:45am On Feb 06, 2009
@battleaxe,kx thank you for recommending my website, I am very grateful, honestly I feel flattered.
I think Ajileko is in order with the estimate of N10-14million very soon I will post a detailed estimate using a plan of a 5 bedroom duplex and let see what we can arrive at.
Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by twinskenny(m): 6:34pm On Feb 06, 2009
We can help in redesigning your choice building, we do Structure Cabling, with both fiber optic and cctv, you can reach me on 08051355133, 08038988120 or email me at kehinde@ieg1.com

Our office is base in USA, (www.ieg1.com)
Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by Woodpecker(m): 12:47am On Feb 07, 2009
hello,
i'm an architect that can definitely bring out ur dream home design, u can contact my email: teninchlonger@yahoo.com. i also do cost estimates for buildings breaking every little detail down for u to understand the pricing.
Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by larryokun: 8:54pm On Feb 07, 2009
can u send me some pics of your design
Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by larryokun: 9:38pm On Feb 07, 2009
can u send me some pics of your design
Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by oderemo(m): 9:40pm On Feb 07, 2009
@ poster

contact me on 262build@goooglemail.com .
Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by oderemo(m): 9:48pm On Feb 07, 2009
just who are you, just checked, you were advertising a design.
Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by larryokun: 11:55pm On Feb 07, 2009
the design i advertised was for consideration for curious readers. Prior to these ads design, I had requested a matching estimate for a 4 flat storey building with a conservative budget of +-10million

remeber, sex is only a good sex if it is free!
Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by desse: 4:06pm On Feb 09, 2009
Well am an architect you can check this out it one of my job. If you are in truly interssted in the request you made let talk in private hopemanflee@yahoo.com

Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by desse: 4:51pm On Feb 09, 2009
check this out too

Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by UpBendel(m): 12:37am On Feb 10, 2009
Ajileko

Do your figures include the cost of fencing and foundation? Could you kindly give me a typical estimate of how much a typical foundation and fencing would cost?

Much obliged
Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by kallmebola(f): 12:19pm On Feb 10, 2009
Be very careful so that you will not end up spend 20m without result for the job of 12-14m.
because supervision is very important in that kind of project to avoid using inferior material and proper coordination.
cheers
Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by onax: 11:02am On Feb 11, 2009
smiley smiley
Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by BAC: 2:57pm On Feb 11, 2009
kallmebola:

Be very careful so that you will not end up spend 20m without result  for the job of 12-14m.
because supervision is very important in that kind of project to avoid using inferior material and proper coordination.
cheers

Very true. I visited a house i loved in Ikorodu on my last visit .  Before the decking of the building I love the design of the building so much, the use of cement and iron rod was great, now the owner has changed the contractor. New contractor used Fake materials for decking  to the roofing level. The owner cannot tell, I was told the owner hired the new contractor because new contractor has qualifications and the old contractor has no qualifications but born into the building trade,  When I entered the building you can easily see that the Decking is shaking. Too many thieves in Naija. Get good advise before parting with your money. I have seen projects of N10M run to N21M, too painful to see money wasted like this. www.nairainvestors.com to learn more. You don't have to do business with us, but learn from us it is free information, let us take those foolish money suckers out of business. it will sure help you save a lot of money as well.

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by FLORIDACAR: 10:42pm On Feb 12, 2009
@Desse, Can you post more of your work maybe we can talk.
Especially the like of yr first pic.
Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by larryokun: 11:06am On Feb 13, 2009
DESSE, a lot of people are sending email to me about the 1st pic u sent me where a man was by his vehicle at the front of a mansion with a storey duplex at the background. my friends here in overseas likewise. Are you sur you can deliver this design with +- 10 million naira?. Come on, be realistic!
Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by ud4u: 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2009
larry okun:

DESSE, a lot of people are sending email to me about the 1st pic u sent me where a man was by his vehicle at the front of a mansion with a storey duplex at the background. my friends here in overseas likewise. Are you sur you can deliver this design with +- 10 million naira?. Come on, be realistic!
Larry Okun, be careful for trying to transact business with people you don't know.

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by JJYOU: 3:07pm On Feb 13, 2009
ud4u:

Larry Okun, be careful for trying to transact business with people you don't know.
seconded. they say if it sound too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true. apply brake and commonn sence
Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by larryokun: 4:01pm On Feb 13, 2009
I am not as gullible as advised. I must thank you for your candid advice nontheless. I stayed in South Africa non-stop for 5 years plus. I schooled in Nigeria in the 80s when universities were universities. So it is mere foolhardiness for someone to ever imagine to toss with me in matters of this nature. Remember, my nephew had just swindled me millions i budgeted for plot last year. HE IS HAVING A FIELD'S DAY because he is my mother's son. If you had lived in south africa (jo'burg) for more than a year and still be breathing, you should know that the grace of God is upon you. You would agree with me also that it is very very very easy for tricksters and 419ers to die!
Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by desse: 8:59pm On Feb 13, 2009
@Desse, Can you post more of your work maybe we can talk.
Especially the like of yr first pic. can you please send your brief design to my private box so we can take it up from there .hopemanflee@yahoo.com call +23480433506527,+2348073711489
Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by larryokun: 5:39pm On Feb 15, 2009
The 1st design you presented seems a web page outlook. What about the interior structure? Pls help!
Re: Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building by FLORIDACAR: 9:06pm On Feb 15, 2009
@Desse, before we go into "PRIVATE TALK "as you requested.
Why don't you explain some of that your first design HERE,
At least more people get to see it and also improve my Confidence-Level!

Home many Bedroom we have in that yr first Design?
What do you say is rough estimation ?

WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) / Kitchen Built Inside Toilet In A Self-Contained Apartment In Ibadan (Photos) / Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.