Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,278 members, 7,836,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? (80784 Views)

Peter Obi : Why Yoruba States And People Are Poor And Igbo States Might Fail / Jonathan Hated Rivers People; Wike Can Sell His Mother – Amaechi / An Analysis/predictions Of The Presidential Elections In South East (igbo)states (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by xmich(m): 4:49pm On Apr 29, 2015
Daniel058:
imaghi ihe ina-ekwu..
Apart from your post ihe m n'agwa gi bu ihe mere eme which is my personal observation.

1 Like

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by dunkem21(m): 4:49pm On Apr 29, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

nwannem nwoke.... obi gi dikwa oku these days...hahaha
Arise to where biko?
Are you from Abia? Do you reside in the state?
I am from Abia ..sorry if you feel offended.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Daniel058(m): 4:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
dokyOloye:
When next U see an Abakaliki man speak,listen carefully, U will hear.
Ezza language is very similar to Akwa dialect.
I am an Abakaliki man,even though I am very fluent in central Igbo,yet I find it difficult to understand some of d dialects in Imo/Abia,Ohafia and Edda languages to be precise.lol
nno nwanne
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by iiiyyyk(m): 4:51pm On Apr 29, 2015
CrazyMan:

I categorically made it clear in my post when I used the term most igbos. not all igbos. Most igbos in the sense in Anambra where I stay, an Ebonyi man would take offense if you refer to him as onye Abakiliki, I couldn't comprehend the reason why people called them such. Although I heard so many stories ranging from their dialect to how the under-developed the state is.

The issue of under-development was confirmed when I noticed during my admission days that the cut-off mark for Ebonyi indigenes in the 3 federal universities in the south east is quite low compared to other south eastern states. The reason when I inquired was as a result of how under-developed the state is that's why the schools feel they should give Ebonyi indigenes a chance to

Keep expreesing your stu.pidity on public forum. Let yorubas be using ur brain to drink

The issue of dialect was confirmed when I visited a village

You can't expect me to give reason why the igbos in general view them as non-igbos. I spoke from what I've heard about them, then confirmed it after visiting the state. Any other reason why other igbos who probably haven't visited the state or schooled in the east but discriminates against them has nothing to do with my posts. My posts is based on personal experience.

Keep expreesing your stu.pidity on public
forum. Let yorubas be using ur brain to
drink garri.
A state being educationally less develop,
doest mean igbos hate them. Almost all
northern states are educationally less
developed. We do it for little politics.

U call ur self crazy man, its all over ur
comments.
If u call an ilesha man, oshobo man, he will tell no. is thatt hate.

Pleas stop spewing shi.t here. No igbo man view ebonyi as non ignos.
U most have a mental problem.
Igbos that tell the world that Ika people are igbos, ahoadas are igbos, etc... We now call our own immediate ebonyi state non igbos.
U are really sick.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by maestroferddi: 4:51pm On Apr 29, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
The rest of the ibos in Abia state hate the Ngwa people because they eat Human flesh, WHY?

The rest of the ibos in Imo state hate the Mbaise people because they have the highest number of witches in the whole world, WHY?
What exactly are you driving at?

Why the silly obsession with the Igbos?
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by somegirl1: 4:52pm On Apr 29, 2015
CrazyMan:

I categorically made it clear in my post when I used the term most igbos. not all igbos. Most igbos in the sense in Anambra where I stay, an Ebonyi man would take offense if you refer to him as onye Abakiliki, I couldn't comprehend the reason why people called them such. Although I heard so many stories ranging from their dialect to how the under-developed the state is.

The issue of under-development was confirmed when I noticed during my admission days that the cut-off mark for Ebonyi indigenes in the 3 federal universities in the south east is quite low compared to other south eastern states. The reason when I inquired was as a result of how under-developed the state is that's why the schools feel they should give Ebonyi indigenes a chance to acquire knowledge.

The issue of dialect was confirmed when I visited a village in the state.

True

You can't expect me to give reason why the igbos in general view them as non-igbos. I spoke from what I've heard about them, then confirmed it after visiting the state. Any other reason why other igbos who probably haven't visited the state or schooled in the east but discriminates against them has nothing to do with my posts. My posts is based on personal experience.

Nsogbu adighi.
If you could let me know sometime whether the dialect spoken in the Abakiliki series was unadulterated, I would be grateful.
Perhaps they didn't speak the dialect in it's pure form or the dialect is similar to some non-Anambra dialects, hence my ability to get the gist of most conversations in the movie.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 29, 2015
dunkem21:

I am from Abia ..sorry if you feel offended.

Nah.
Not offended @ all. Do you reside in Abia?
Where in Abia are you from?

1 Like

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Vicotex(m): 4:53pm On Apr 29, 2015
Daniel058:
Izzi
i b tink say na Ivo or Isiagwu
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Eyepencil: 4:54pm On Apr 29, 2015
Onye abakiliki cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by somegirl1: 4:56pm On Apr 29, 2015
dokyOloye:
Ezza language which is a dialect in Abakaliki is very similar to Akwa dialect.
I am an Abakaliki man,even though I am very fluent in central Igbo,yet I find it difficult to understand some of d dialects in Imo/Abia,Ohafia and Edda languages to be precise.lol

I'm sure i would.
I'm not even great at Igbo language but I only needed to read the subtitles in the movie a few times.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by CrazyMan(m): 4:56pm On Apr 29, 2015
somegirl1:

Nsogbu adighi.
If you could let me know sometimr whether the dialect spoken in the Abakiliki series was unadulterated, i would grateful.
Perhaps they didn't speak the dialect in it's pure form or the dialect is similar to some non-Anambra dialects, hence my ability to get the gist of most conversations in the movie.
I haven't watched the movie so I don't know.

1 Like

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by illiad1(m): 4:57pm On Apr 29, 2015
Lemon12:
u are a frustrated Yoruba bigot ......
Try nd work hard to better ur self stop being obsess with the igbos
Actually he is an Igbo man and he has raised a salient point. Let us has this brotherly chitchat. Its time we address our family concerns.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by illiad1(m): 4:57pm On Apr 29, 2015
Lemon12:
u are a frustrated Yoruba bigot ......
Try nd work hard to better ur self stop being obsess with the igbos
Actually he is an Igbo man and he has raised a salient point. Let us has this brotherly chitchat. Its time we address our family concerns.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by somegirl1: 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2015
RapLawd:

so as call coal city baddo... Nsk Oriental and Obollo-Afor Nwa-Afor... what do you really think about this movie titled Nkoli Nwa Nsukka?.

I possibly don't like the movie cus it's not my type of movie, but my main question here is this... will the Udians, Mbus, Ezike-Obas and the rest cry me a river or shout out for disrespect cus they all have different dialect but same state?

I've tried watching the movie but the story line wasn't gripping.
I watch only Igbo movies for now to improve my Igbo.
I'll give it another shot and get back to you.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Middlefinger1: 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2015
iiiyyyk:

U perish sudenly because of this lie.
Dont lie to the world because u see a faceless forum.
Why should I lie, it wouldn't profit me a dime. What I said is what I've witnessed severally, that u haven't seen it does not mean it doesn't happen.

@ Daniel058, why do u keep referring to ebonyians as nwa-abakiliki, I think that's not right, nwa ebonyi is more appropriate than calling them nwa of a particular area of the state, even some of ur fellow ebonyians like being described thus.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by nwadiuko1(m): 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
Lagos is the most develpoed state in the southwest nay Nigeria but that doesnt make the Yorubas hate themselves.

Kano is the most developed state in the North but that doesnt make the Hausas hate themselves

why then do the ibos hate and discriminate against each other just because of the dearth of infrastructural development in a certain?

Ebonyi isnt the only state in Nigeria with an underperforming Governor, so why the hate from their fellow ibo brothers
who ever told you we hate them? You people be trying so hard to understand what ticks the igbos
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by CrazyMan(m): 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2015
dokyOloye:
Ezza language which is a dialect in Abakaliki is very similar to Akwa dialect.
Ohafia and Edda speak the same language. Reason is because they're brothers. In fact from edda to ohafia is less than an hour drive. I don't see edda as part of Ebonyi. I group them under Abia.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by eminenta: 5:01pm On Apr 29, 2015
Daniel058:
******MODIFIED********

NA FP be this ?? grin grin .. OK nah

yea.. Ozoigbondu, better come and ZO IGBO NDU , coz iwe n'ewe m here.. To them calling us "NWA_ABAKALIKI could be an insult, but I personally enjoy it.... After all, nwa abakaliki by grace also has access to whatever nwa state ozo can think of..

SPLASH===NWA_ABAKALIKI
PATORANKING===NWA_ABAKALIKI

ANYIM PIUS ANYIM ====NWA_ABAKALIKI

don't deny us.. All of una fit Dey nairaland here, feasting on English Wine and watching the thread.. Maybe with pop Corn by the side..

COME AND SAY SOMETHING HERE
U speak of tyns witout bases,IMO,ANAMBRA,ENUGU,abia nd ebonyi state r treated with equality
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by nwadiuko1(m): 5:01pm On Apr 29, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
The rest of the ibos in Abia state hate the Ngwa people because they eat Human flesh, WHY?

The rest of the ibos in Imo state hate the Mbaise people because they have the highest number of witches in the whole world, WHY?
keep deceiving your self

1 Like

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by dokyOloye: 5:02pm On Apr 29, 2015
CrazyMan:

Ohafia and Edda speak the same language. Reason is because they're brothers. In fact from edda to ohafia is less than an hour drive. I don't see edda as part of Ebonyi. I group them under Abia.
lol,Ohafia is less than 20mins from Edda.Sometimes 100 naira as bike fare can take U to Edda.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by nwadiuko1(m): 5:02pm On Apr 29, 2015
Daniel058:
we see it as insult... It's like calling someone ,, MUMU.. ..

Bia ebe!!!.. a nwa Wawa!!!
guy if you are igbo complete this for me..........anaghi agaba aka afu nwata.......
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Mbediogu(m): 5:04pm On Apr 29, 2015
[quote author=Daniel058 post=33226971]Why on earth would this be seen among igbo race??

I have listen severally to igbo songs.. Which Whenever they to talk about igbo people, they will only mention ANAMBRA, IMO and ENUGU... Am

The worst part is the Gospel singers are also doing the same.... You will be listening to igbo gospel music , they will be praying to God ""Gozierem ndi onitsha, Gozierem ndi IMO, ENUGU na ANAMBRA state nine" "

WHY are they disregarding us ===EBONYI and ABIA

HAVENT WE CONTRIBUTED TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF IGBO RACE

Abeg ooo ... The igbo race is one. Word used in music, lyrics and music are such that they must fit into pattern of rhyme, rythm and melody of the composition. I hope am clear. Abia and Ebonyi are very important components of Igboland.

1 Like

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by CrazyMan(m): 5:05pm On Apr 29, 2015
dokyOloye:
lol,Ohafia is less than 20mins from Edda.Sometimes 100 naira as bike fare can take U to Edda.
It depends on where in ohafia you're going. A place like okon-aku would take more than 20minutes that's why I used less than an hour.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by dunkem21(m): 5:05pm On Apr 29, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Nah.
Not offended @ all. Do you reside in Abia?
Where in Abia are you from?

I don't reside in Abia.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Dinhodinho(m): 5:06pm On Apr 29, 2015
Abia State has the most beautiful Ladies and handsome Guys in Igboland and Nigeria as a whole.
I think people are jealous of Abians. Abia State is the PRIDE of IGBOLAND.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 29, 2015
preciousMI1:

so you are justifying her evil. ..
nogharia biko

Ok you mean you are The holiest?? Ok take it all...

By the way who force you to learn Igbo??
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Daniel058(m): 5:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
[quote author=Mbediogu post=33242139][/quote]mba di WONDER, God bless you ooooooo
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
Dinhodinho:
Abia State has the most beautiful Ladies and handsome Guys in Igboland and Nigeria as a whole.
I thing people are jealous of Abians. Abia State is the PRIDE of IGBOLAND.

You never jam 042 babes...
Owerri chicks don finish
Ada bekees from Anambra nko

No one is jealous of Abians... You get your own we get our own... So where is the jealousy from or you mean Non-igbos inferiors from the zoo

Or I c
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Daniel058(m): 5:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
nwadiuko1:
guy if you are igbo complete this for me..........anaghi agaba aka afu nwata.......
iru
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by yibobasher2: 5:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
dokyOloye:
inferiority complex on display.
Beg God to make U an Igbo man in Ur next world instead of hating.

I will rather come as an ant in another world than come as an Igbo man. Lived among you guys for a year, and what I saw were eyesores.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by illiad1(m): 5:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
Er0ticAngela:

Lol
Your pot they scratch you bah?
Come make I help you quench it.
Konji na bastard, we know.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by InvertedHammer: 5:12pm On Apr 29, 2015
/
I si Enugu, ijebe Abuja na Ugwu Hausa

I gafee Anambra, I jebe Lagos na be ndi Yoruba.

I gafee Imo, inyedo PortHarcourt--ebe ife na eme

Esi Ebonyi (Abakiliki) eje ebee?

Abakaliki amaka dika obodo mana onweghi uru o bara ndi na-achu ego.

Nke na adighi aghota asusu ha buzi nke kasi njo.

Aba emego Abia na enweghi ike ichezo ya echezo n'uwa.

O zi governor fa ka odiaru ime Aba ka odi ka okwesiri idi ka ugwu were ruo ya aka.
\

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer / Mansion: Bukola Saraki's House In Ilorin (Photos) / Buhari Rejects US Gay Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.