Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,923 members, 7,814,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? (80566 Views)

Peter Obi : Why Yoruba States And People Are Poor And Igbo States Might Fail / Jonathan Hated Rivers People; Wike Can Sell His Mother – Amaechi / An Analysis/predictions Of The Presidential Elections In South East (igbo)states (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by patrick89(m): 6:55pm On Apr 29, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
Lagos is the most develpoed state in the southwest nay Nigeria but that doesnt make the Yorubas hate themselves.

Kano is the most developed state in the North but that doesnt make the Hausas hate themselves

why then do the ibos hate and discriminate against each other just because of the dearth of infrastructural development in a certain?

Ebonyi isnt the only state in Nigeria with an underperforming Governor, so why the hate from their fellow ibo brothers
igbos people love themselves more than any tribe in nigeria!

5 Likes

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by splashbaby(m): 6:58pm On Apr 29, 2015
somegirl1:

So many apt descriptions of/ for the Igbo people. You should endeavour to expand your vocabulary.
You said Igbos "are at strife" with their neigbours, which suggests that you are aware of conflicts between Igbos and surrounding groups. I challenged you to mention the groups and you suddenly became evasive.
Your understanding of what vocabulary means is seriously flawed, though You appear educated and communicate better than many illiterate Igbo men on this thread... yet education cannot cure all ignorance.. .without the Igbos, Nigeria wouldn't have fought a senseless civil war. May be you are too far away from reality to know that Igbos have running conflicts in lagos, kano and portharcourt... that they ostracized themselves from the political balance in Nigeria because of perceived animosity against the Yorubas and Hausas.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by kennymacaulay(m): 7:04pm On Apr 29, 2015
Abia aint seggregated 4rm d oda'd tho....jxt Ebonyi I knw of tho....cos of ow local most of dem seem to luk""" ow can abia b seggregated wen we ve aba boys...do u knw ow much aba boyz ve bin of help to dz country... undecided
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Akinrogun(m): 7:04pm On Apr 29, 2015
.......d country is in a state of flux.......it's yet to emerge as a nation!
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by jasmines(f): 7:06pm On Apr 29, 2015
I can see some ppl jumping up and down.
They feel they have something to laugh about: Igbos hate themselves

Tell yourselves the truth, there is no hate here...................
I'm proudly Igbo, an Imolite, Biafran then Nigerian in all the yrs of my life, I have never heard any hateful remark about the Ebonyi ppl or Abia. We are family.

Chukwu gozie Abia, Anambra, Imo, Enugu na Ebonyi. M kara eti ndi Delta mana achoghim ka ndi ofe mmanu a na a cho ihe ha ga ekwu si na m na acho ihunanya ha. Mana anyi niile bu otu. Chukwu elu igwe goziwe anyi

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by humblesteve(m): 7:06pm On Apr 29, 2015
achi4u:
Brother, we doing well as far as Nigeria is concern.
We are waiting for Dave to start from where Ochudo stopped.
Very soon, I will open a thread to show the world the truth about Ebonyi start.
Abakaliki is just a town of its own, I as an Ezzaman, why calling me Onye Abakaliki while my home town is some hours away from Abakaliki?
Yeah i pray he performs.

that one taya me oh imagine how far Abakaliki to afikpo is yet sme idiots wl say i be nwa aba if yu call me nwa Ebonyi i hv got no problem with that...how will u call an nnewi man an onitsha man he will quickly correct you that.

callling me nwa aba doesn't makes you better than me this is always my reply to them.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by SonOfEl(m): 7:07pm On Apr 29, 2015
splashbaby:
Your understanding of what vocabulary means is seriously flawed, though You appear educated and communicate better than many illiterate Igbo men on this thread... yet education cannot cure all ignorance.. .without the Igbos, Nigeria wouldn't have fought a senseless civil war. May be you are too far away from reality to know that Igbos have running conflicts in lagos, kano and portharcourt... that they ostracized themselves from the political balance in Nigeria because of perceived animosity against the Yorubas and Hausas.

mr oppotunist, your market won't sell here, try another post.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by chidexy(m): 7:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
humblesteve:

My brother not what i meant i was pointing out to the other guy that afikpo at large speaks almost the same dialect with abia and not just edda.

Jokwa nwerem. Let the people keep on ranting. We are from Ebonyi and very proud of it and what we have achieved as a people and as a State. I schooled in Afikpo and they have very fine and enterprising people there, same too as my Ohaozara people. I have met some Ezzas and Izzis and they are hardworking too in whatever vocation they find themselves in. If I speak my dialect and you are not able to understand me, it's your problem and not mine. Every language has its linguisting variations according to regions and no dialect is superior to another within a given linguistic group. Jokwa nwoke ike
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Emirofsambisa1: 7:11pm On Apr 29, 2015
splashbaby:

Who is this beast? Did you fight in the war? Get out of this thread you tribalistic slowpoke

1 Like

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Caleycash(m): 7:12pm On Apr 29, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
Ibo people be discriminating themselves since the days of Adam and Eve, yet they are agitating for social and poltical relevance in other peoples region
just shut up and Bleep off...if you ain't got reasonable thing to contribute about the topic...Rubbishhh
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by splashbaby(m): 7:25pm On Apr 29, 2015
Emirofsambisa1:

Who is this beast? Did you fight in the war? Get out of this thread you tribalistic slowpoke
Can't you see I am discussing with a brilliant lady. Don't quote me again if you have nothing sensible to offer.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by splashbaby(m): 7:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
SonOfEl:

mr oppotunist, your market won't sell here, try another post.
Don't quote me again if you cannot Intellectualy articulate your points.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by neighbourhud: 7:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
Daniel058:
u see am... Unu hetiri anyi bu Abakiliki
Noooo, you guys are great.

1 Like

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Emirofsambisa1: 7:41pm On Apr 29, 2015
splashbaby:
Can't you see I am discussing with a brilliant lady. Don't quote me again if you have nothing sensible to offer.

You don't expect me to articulately respond to your biased representation of an ethnic group. You should make yourself useful rather than carry the weight of tribalistic myopia. This is a unique ethnic group like any other in Nigeria sharing concerns. I believe you are the one who should keep shut because you are spreading hate and lies where there is none. For us to build a new and strong Nigeria, we have to think beyond tribal assumptions.

Nagode sosei
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Greatfes17: 7:41pm On Apr 29, 2015
ozoigbondu:

l think is because their governors are deadwoods.Ebonyi is governed by 81 years old Elechi and Abia by the worst governor known to man theif orji.The lazy governors has made their state backward.

Abia though dragged back is still popular thanks to Aba but as for Ebonyi sometimes i forget it is an igbo state.

The only reason why Martin Elechi name is in capital letters not small like theif orji is that he is old enough to be my grandfather and deserves that respect

I dont think you are correct. been old doesnt make him a dead wood. deny yourself a day and take a tour to Ebonyi. Then ask a friend to show you out.

However, no blame on you because just like the white believes no good can come from the Black, so does Enugu, Imo and especially Anambra didnt believe any good can reside within the two states especially EBONYI.

Peace all.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by SonOfEl(m): 7:56pm On Apr 29, 2015
splashbaby:
Don't quote me again if you cannot Intellectualy articulate your points.

ima ih'ibuu? Nshikor... I dont have to 'intellectually' prove anything you, who the hell are you? Who are you to downplay other states? Mmayi onegbu gi? I dont know the 'intellectual ' stunt you are trying to pull here, lekwe anya'm ra'shia...

1 Like

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by phreakabit(m): 8:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
Daniel058:
Why on earth would this be seen among igbo race??

I have listen severally to igbo songs.. Which Whenever they to talk about igbo people, they will only mention ANAMBRA, IMO and ENUGU... Am

The worst part is the Gospel singers are also doing the same.... You will be listening to igbo gospel music , they will be praying to God ""Gozierem ndi onitsha, Gozierem ndi IMO, ENUGU na ANAMBRA state nine" "

WHY are they disregarding us ===EBONYI and ABIA

HAVENT WE CONTRIBUTED TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF IGBO RACE

cc:lalasticla

Look at this intellectually inept anthropoid, displaying his plethora of sheer stupidity!
Is this suppose to be a covert attempt at trying to brew discord and hostility between Igbos?
You my friend in all your foolery and buffoonery, fail hard!
TRY AGAIN. . .
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by chemicool: 8:06pm On Apr 29, 2015
ozoigbondu:

What you should understand is that in every region their is a popular state.in south west it is only lagos

Forget it, slowpoke. Yorubas are united. I am Ondo but nobody ask of your state of origin as long as you have one Yoruba name.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by miracle11: 8:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
Daniel058:
Why on earth would this be seen among igbo race??

I have listen severally to igbo songs.. Which Whenever they to talk about igbo people, they will only mention ANAMBRA, IMO and ENUGU... Am

The worst part is the Gospel singers are also doing the same.... You will be listening to igbo gospel music , they will be praying to God ""Gozierem ndi onitsha, Gozierem ndi IMO, ENUGU na ANAMBRA state nine" "

WHY are they disregarding us ===EBONYI and ABIA

HAVENT WE CONTRIBUTED TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF IGBO RACE

cc:lalasticla
lalalistical or whatever. Look for more meaningful things to occupy ur time na. I Don dey pity u sha. Dis joblessness is really getting to u. Sowie iye
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by bigmummy7(f): 8:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
lighternote:
The annoying thing is that if you are from Anambra and you inform your parents that your suitor from Ebonyi will like to pay them a visit, they will reject that and even reject you for nursing that ambition. It will be as if you committed an abomination.
honestly u are right, in my place, they dont values any suitors from Ebonyi, though they ar too local.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Victorcwu(m): 8:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
I will say it is because dey are politically backward. Abia state for more than 16 years is being ruled by a single family the KALU'S. with no development and yet they still voted the man his wife and son into Senate, national and house of assembly. how do you expect the state to move forward. you can't see such happen in the three state mentioned above.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by mcevans1(m): 8:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
Vicotex:

nwanem nnda

Udo dikwa o...How fr na?
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by gateofheaven(m): 8:12pm On Apr 29, 2015
OneNaira6:
I don't think the two states are hated, I think it's because they are not doing much to stand out at least ebonyi isn't. Abia is known for Aba and for their agriculture but the fact they keep electing terrible leaders is why they side-lined to the back. Most Igbos are aware that Abians are more technological advanced than the rest. You can give an Abia man anything and he can replicate it for you to the T no matter how difficult. It's their leaders that side-lined them to the back. As for Ebonyi, there's nothing they doing that stands out. The only thing they are known for is that most Igbo Muslims are from that state. In igboland, you have to stand out to be talked about. Sadly, they don't stand out and that's why they are side-lined I highly doubt any igbo person hates Abia and Ebonyi
This was what the Op was jst talking abt,why would u say they have the highest number of muslim in igbo land and that is the only part they stand out smh

2 Likes

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Lilimax(f): 8:15pm On Apr 29, 2015
andee4real:
Ebonyi can't be considered an Igbo state.
In a way you're right. There language is ... lipsrsealed Moreso, I heard they've embraced 'Iku isi n'ala'which is very dangerous to ndi Igbo embarassed
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by miracle11: 8:16pm On Apr 29, 2015
splashbaby:
Stop d insults. Haba u sound pathetic. Are u in kindergarten? Can't u have a normal discussion without existing ghetto behavior. Nairaland is for adults. Igbos wanted to separate demselves from cowards like ur race. Was dat so bad? U all didn't want it and started trying to bully dem. Why always picking on de igbos, don't u have other more serious and pressing issues to handle.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Daniel058(m): 8:16pm On Apr 29, 2015
miracle11:
lalalistical or whatever. Look for more meaningful things to occupy ur time na. I Don dey pity u sha. Dis joblessness is really getting to u. Sowie iye
according to you, u ve posted a very funny /important coment.. And you are happy within yourself right... MUST u coment At least, u need to respect your own self
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by miracle11: 8:18pm On Apr 29, 2015
chemicool:

Forget it, slowpoke. Yorubas are united. I am Ondo but nobody ask of your state of origin as long as you have one Yoruba name.
wat of ijebu grin
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by miracle11: 8:19pm On Apr 29, 2015
Daniel058:
according to you, u ve posted a very funny /important coment.. And you are happy within yourself right... MUST u coment At least, u need to respect your own self
shut it please.i have employment, simply apply. Jobless oaf
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Daniel058(m): 8:30pm On Apr 29, 2015
miracle11:
shut it please. i have employment simply apply. Jobless oaf
SO U HAVE EMPLOYMENT??.. WOW CONGRATULATIONS... are you selling or leasing it??.. grin
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by nwadiuko1(m): 8:41pm On Apr 29, 2015
Daniel058:
adighi agba aka afu nwata face nah... After all, I must not know our proverb.. MUST I?? Even ngi nwa, gini mere ihe eze ji racha ntu
ube........ Abum nwafo

1 Like

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by splashbaby(m): 8:43pm On Apr 29, 2015
miracle11:
Stop d insults. Haba u sound pathetic. Are u in kindergarten? Can't u have a normal discussion without existing ghetto behavior. Nairaland is for adults. Igbos wanted to separate demselves from cowards like ur race. Was dat so bad? U all didn't want it and started trying to bully dem. Why always picking on de igbos, don't u have other more serious and pressing issues to handle.
You sound very sore and detached from the truth... Like the ostrich many Igbos like you keep fooling themselves all over the place living both in Nigeria and Biafra... Unfortunately there are no prosthetic for foolishness. I really wanna ignore you because you are not as sound as the Igbo lady I was discussing with. Most Igbo men are like you anyway... No substance nothing.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Daniel058(m): 8:44pm On Apr 29, 2015
nwadiuko1:
ube........ Abum nwafo
daalu

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

DSS Launches Manhunt For Sunday Igboho After Recovering Arms From Him / Buhari's Convoy As He Makes Entry Into Aso Villa (Photo) / Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.