Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,246 members, 7,836,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? (80781 Views)

Peter Obi : Why Yoruba States And People Are Poor And Igbo States Might Fail / Jonathan Hated Rivers People; Wike Can Sell His Mother – Amaechi / An Analysis/predictions Of The Presidential Elections In South East (igbo)states (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by omonnakoda: 1:39pm On Apr 29, 2015
dunkem21:

..the correct spelling is Igbo ..

Says who ??
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by dunkem21(m): 1:39pm On Apr 29, 2015
meforyou1:
TA Orji is devil reincarnate. Elechi is very old

Agreed, T.A Orji is a disgrace.

I don't know why Nigerians are bent on electing old people. I weep when I see young smart Nigerians idling away ..I no dey talk of Buhari o ..

Arise, O youths! ..kachisbarbie.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by dunkem21(m): 1:44pm On Apr 29, 2015
omonnakoda:

Says who ??
Oga, choose anyone ..we will answer .. even yeeboos..
We dey talk important matter, abeg.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 29, 2015
disumusa:
im from kano why did igbos hate all tribes in nigeria

Amebo what's your business if they hate everything about Nigeria...

They don't want Nigeria na by force??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 29, 2015
omonnakoda:

Says who ??

Says we the Igbo...

Abi u wan change our own name kwa.... Hmmm

Surprises every day

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by omonnakoda: 1:56pm On Apr 29, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

Says we the Igbo...

Abi u wan change our own name kwa.... Hmmm

Surprises every day
So Achebe that was writing Ibo all over the place did not know what he was doing
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by caprini1: 2:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
Ibo people be discriminating themselves since the days of Adam and Eve, yet they are agitating for social and poltical relevance in other peoples region
I think its everywhere not just the igbos,e get as my lagosian yorubas dey take view Kwara yorubas grin

8 Likes

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
omonnakoda:
So Achebe that was writing Ibo all over the place did not know what he was doing

Nah you dey talk that one... Don't know what you are saying... We are Igbo we speak Igbo language and we also have Igbo cultures.

Thank me later.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by frankyychiji(f): 2:04pm On Apr 29, 2015
succed:
igbo...igbo...igbo..cant one read one decent post without some i...dots mentioning one tribe or the other. it is becoming clearer that nairaland is full of jobless, senseless and totally dull fools. if you don't have nothing to post, go to google, search for something relevant, copy and paste it here. its more productive and will help you and others develop their mental state and attitude.
What do you expect? Buhari's 5k is what they are hoping on...them go hope taya eh!

1 Like

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by OneNaira6: 2:16pm On Apr 29, 2015
I don't think the two states are hated, I think it's because they are not doing much to stand out at least ebonyi isn't. Abia is known for Aba and for their agriculture but the fact they keep electing terrible leaders is why they side-lined to the back. Most Igbos are aware that Abians are more technological advanced than the rest. You can give an Abia man anything and he can replicate it for you to the T no matter how difficult. It's their leaders that side-lined them to the back. As for Ebonyi, there's nothing they doing that stands out. The only thing they are known for is that most Igbo Muslims are from that state. In igboland, you have to stand out to be talked about. Sadly, they don't stand out and that's why they are side-lined I highly doubt any igbo person hates Abia and Ebonyi

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 29, 2015
OneNaira6:
I don't think the two states are hated, I think it's because they are not doing much to stand out at least ebonyi isn't. Abia is known for Aba and for their agriculture but the fact they keep electing terrible leaders is why they side-lined to the back. Most Igbos are aware that Abians are more technological advanced than the rest. You can give an Abia man anything and he can replicate it for you to the T no matter how difficult. It's their leaders that side-lined them to the back. As for Ebonyi, there's nothing they doing that stands out. The only thing they are known for is that most Igbo Muslims are from that state. In igboland, you have to stand out to be talked about. Sadly, they don't stand out and that's why they are side-lined I highly doubt any igbo person hates Abia and Ebonyi

Correct!

5 Likes

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 29, 2015
socialmediaman:
Abia and Enonyi have done nothing wrong, just that success has many friends and brings recognition, naturally.

W
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by AlienStar: 2:22pm On Apr 29, 2015
Daniel058:
Why on earth would this be seen among igbo race??

I have listen severally to igbo songs.. Which Whenever they to talk about igbo people, they will only mention ANAMBRA, IMO and ENUGU... Am

The worst part is the Gospel singers are also doing the same.... You will be listening to igbo gospel music , they will be praying to God ""Gozierem ndi onitsha, Gozierem ndi IMO, ENUGU na ANAMBRA state nine" "

WHY are they disregarding us ===EBONYI and ABIA

HAVENT WE CONTRIBUTED TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF IGBO RACE

cc:lalasticla
well i fink d main cause of ds, is dt u pple dsregard edu. n also d issue of inter-marriage, u dnt want to go to sch. ( may be poor finance) n u r bent up on marrying ur pple who r also less educatd, my childhood frnd is 4rm ezzamgbo but u cnt bleve cos her mum is 4rm Imo(my state), poor governance is not really d cause(i fink).

1 Like

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by agabaI23(m): 2:36pm On Apr 29, 2015
Daniel058:
thanks for your contribution and bye.. I mentioned my state of origin...
U didn't , what do you want me say
Where are you from in Ebonyi?
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by dunkem21(m): 2:41pm On Apr 29, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Correct!
You took it out from my mouth.

1 Like

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 29, 2015
Take heart bro! You came to the wrong camp!
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 29, 2015
Daniel058:

I have listen severally to igbo songs.. Which Whenever they to talk about igbo people, they will only mention ANAMBRA, IMO and ENUGU... Am

The worst part is the Gospel singers are also doing the same.... You will be listening to igbo gospel music , they will be praying to God ""Gozierem ndi onitsha, Gozierem ndi IMO, ENUGU na ANAMBRA state nine" "

before I opened d thread I already knew Ebonyi must be one of them

1 Like

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by firstolalekan(m): 2:53pm On Apr 29, 2015
ozoigbondu:

l think is because their governors are deadwoods.Ebonyi is governed by 81 years old Elechi and Abia by the worst governor known to man theif orji.The lazy governors has made their state backward.

Abia though dragged back is still popular thanks to Aba but as for Ebonyi sometimes i forget it is an igbo state
The only sensible point you have made on nairaland.
You disappointed me today cheesy
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 29, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

Amebo what's your business if they hate everything about Nigeria...

They don't want Nigeria na by force??

Zombie... It is people like you that makes non Igbos sees us as hostile...
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by somegirl1: 2:56pm On Apr 29, 2015
Because they are relatively new states.
I believe many of the artistes in question believe that by mentioning Imo, they've covered Abia and Ebonyi.
I often forget about Bayelsa and tend to see all Ijaws as Rivers people still.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by preciousMI1(f): 2:57pm On Apr 29, 2015
I call this arrant nonsense....
what's the point?
does it stop abia and ebony from being igbo states?
lemme hear any igbo child say biafra again that child will hear from mi. just 5 KIDS and you pple can't love yourselves..... mtscheeeew
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 29, 2015
preciousMI1:
I call this arrant nonsense....
what's the point?
does it stop abia and ebony from being igbo states?
lemme hear any igbo child say biafra again that child will hear from mi. just 5 KIDS and you pple can't love yourselves..... mtscheeeew

We are one Biafra...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by onila(f): 3:06pm On Apr 29, 2015
I understand Ebonyi

but Abia state has produced ILLUSTRIOUS SONS and daughters
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Awoofawo(m): 3:07pm On Apr 29, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
I dont know why too. I think those from Anambra are more guilty of this. They have this supremacy tendeny, they see themselves better and superior than others

You have just unwittly stated the problem every other tribes in Nigeria have with the Igbo people in general..."CBS"
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Richiez(m): 3:08pm On Apr 29, 2015
PURE LIES!!! I'M NOT SURE THE OP IS EVEN AN IGBO

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by preciousMI1(f): 3:08pm On Apr 29, 2015
babs01:
May be because Ebonyi is nt as big as odas

does that defend the hatred? sincerely ebonyi state is almost the biggest and best in agriculture.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 29, 2015
succed:
igbo...igbo...igbo..cant one read one decent post without some i...dots mentioning one tribe or the other. it is becoming clearer that nairaland is full of jobless, senseless and totally dull fools. if you don't have nothing to post, go to google, search for something relevant, copy and paste it here. its more productive and will help you and others develop their mental state and attitude.

Sweet!
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Nicepoker(m): 3:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
succed:
help me tell them o
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by CrazyMan(m): 3:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Yes, you're right, apart from that; Ebonyi people are just naturally disliked by other igbos, It's something I've seen.
They are not disliked, they're just seen as non-igbos because of their dialect.

Their dialect has little or no resemblance to the general igbo dialect. If for instance an Enugu, Anambra Imo or Abia man speaks his dialect, you can still grab a thing or two from what he's saying. But if an Ebonyi man speaks his, you won't even understand a single sentence of what he's saying. And worst is most of them in the villages don't even understand the general igbo. So if you find yourself there, you'll really have a hard time communicating even though you're an igbo. (I'm talking from experience)

That's why most igbos see them as non igbos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Middlefinger1: 3:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
Daniel058:

Op, I've noticed that most I ibos from three states u mentioned feels superior to the ones from the other two, xpecially the ebonyian, they don't see them as fellow ibos.
Btw Op, are from abia or ebonyi?
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Koolking(m): 3:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
With considerable certainty, those singers are from Anambra, Imo and Enugu.

Op, you can as well do something worth recognition as a breed from Enugu/Abia. You dont have to decree recognition. It should be earned. Adopt the Lizard mentality on recognition.

1 Like

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Revolva(m): 3:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
Click another thread...hisss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer / Mansion: Bukola Saraki's House In Ilorin (Photos) / Buhari Rejects US Gay Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.