Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? (80764 Views)

Peter Obi : Why Yoruba States And People Are Poor And Igbo States Might Fail / Jonathan Hated Rivers People; Wike Can Sell His Mother – Amaechi / An Analysis/predictions Of The Presidential Elections In South East (igbo)states (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by somegirl1: 3:25pm On Apr 29, 2015
splashbaby:
Igbo are the greatest betrayal of the Nigerian state... Barely ten years after independence they started a separatist war ...with biafra

Ok. Now you've gotten that off your chest, can you answer the question I asked.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by kay1one2(m): 3:25pm On Apr 29, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
Ibo people be discriminating themselves since the days of Adam and Eve, yet they are agitating for social and poltical relevance in other peoples region

As.hi how work? !

4 Likes

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by muscoliscious(f): 3:25pm On Apr 29, 2015
Truth be told,imo see abia as their brother n neighbour n see anambra with enugu as dsame though anambra love feeling superior even when it was created from enugu,but ebonyi is just like northerners,even their way of thinking sometimes i think they should be shared among the northerners
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by preciousMI1(f): 3:26pm On Apr 29, 2015
caprini1:
I think its everywhere not just the igbos,e get as my lagosian yorubas dey take view Kwara yorubas grin

thanks dear..
. hatred is the reason for tribalism and racism and xenophobic attacks meaning it's everywhere so people personalizing it is awkward.

1 Like

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by yibobasher2: 3:26pm On Apr 29, 2015
somegirl1:

You should fast as well.

Meaning please?
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by nwaanambra1(m): 3:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
Daniel058:
******MODIFIED********

NA FP be this ?? grin grin .. OK nah

yea.. Ozoigbondu, better come and ZO IGBO NDU , coz iwe n'ewe m here.. To them calling us "NWA_ABAKALIKI could be an insult, but I personally enjoy it.... After all, nwa abakaliki by grace also has access to whatever nwa state ozo can think of

anumanu! grin grin

very funny post! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Wislet(f): 3:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
In my opinion, THIS IS A MEANINGLESS TOPIC.

When South East is mentioned, ALL the states ARE recognized. Abia state has NEVER been in the background. It is very popular. Ebonyi on the other hand might be least mentioned because it is a very quiet state.

The fact that a few singers mentioned the places they recollect/have relations living in does NoT mean the others are not important. How on earth do a few singers become the people's mouthpiece? It's their song.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Daniel058(m): 3:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
Middlefinger1:

Op, I've noticed that most I ibos from three states u mentioned feels superior to the ones from the other two, xpecially the ebonyian, they don't see them as fellow ibos.
Btw Op, are from abia or ebonyi?
EBONYI
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by NZEGWUAGU(m): 3:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
It has nothing to do with the Igbos. It's like that every where even in America and the UK. In America there are states that are almost forgotten by others. In the UK the English see the Scots as inferior. The whites see black as animals. Israelites are despised. The Oyo man sees the Ijebu man as nonsense. The Igbo man sees aboki as a perpetual fool and aboki sees him as a thief and ritualist. The Igbo man sees the Yoruba man as a patholigical coward and traitor guess aboki believes that as well. The Yoruba man sees the Igbo man as dangerous and a liar. Even at family levels siblings disciminate one another depending on endowments perceived or real. Even in Ebonyi the Izza man sees the Ubulu man as subhuman. It goes on and on and it can never go away. I think humans use that as a source of distraction and a vent to live's frustrations and boredom! So please folks don't take it personally cos everyone is guilty of that one way or another!

4 Likes

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by iiiyyyk(m): 3:30pm On Apr 29, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
Ibo people be discriminating themselves since the days of Adam and Eve, yet they are agitating for social and poltical relevance in other peoples region

Can u emperically prove what u said.
U think u can influence the world, from ur forest enclave tru nairaland, u are dreaming. U are wasting ur creative energy and time. The more u try, the more igbo people love them selve.
TA orji is the worst governor on earth, he doesnt represent igbo. Every community have their own imbesile.

Talking abt regions, those people wiping out entire communities in north and platur state are showing love to them abi.
You are not smart at alll....
keep giving urself sleepless night cos of igbos, u will kill ur self igbos will still be prospering.

Im proudly igbo, and we dont hate each other. So stop dreaming....

2 Likes

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by CrazyMan(m): 3:31pm On Apr 29, 2015
somegirl1:

Not true. I recently saw the movie "Ada Abakiliki". I understand most of the conversations. You should check it out.
I was quite surprised as I expected to have to depend pn the subtitles.
When you said not true, I was expecting to see some reasonable objection only for me to see the term "when I saw a movie". I doubt if you've ever been to Ebonyi state before.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by ozoigbondu: 3:31pm On Apr 29, 2015
splashbaby:
Igbo are the greatest betrayal of the Nigerian state... Barely ten years after independence they started a separatist war ...with biafra. What do you have to say about this... I beseach you to shut up

3 Likes

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by splashbaby(m): 3:31pm On Apr 29, 2015
somegirl1:

Ok. Now you've gotten that off your chest, can you answer the question I asked.
You have a very simple answer already. You betray anyone you can. Ikweres, Ibibios, Hausas and lately Yorubas are never in good terms with Igbos... Lately you guys extended it to Abuja
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by madjune(m): 3:31pm On Apr 29, 2015
Its because Aba is too dirty and noisy while Ebonyi is so backward and speak chinese igbo language.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by preciousMI1(f): 3:32pm On Apr 29, 2015
OneNaira6:
I don't think the two states are hated, I think it's because they are not doing much to stand out at least ebonyi isn't. Abia is known for Aba and for their agriculture but the fact they keep electing terrible leaders is why they side-lined to the back. Most Igbos are aware that Abians are more technological advanced than the rest. You can give an Abia man anything and he can replicate it for you to the T no matter how difficult. It's their leaders that side-lined them to the back. As for Ebonyi, there's nothing they doing that stands out. The only thing they are known for is that most Igbo Muslims are from that state. In igboland, you have to stand out to be talked about. Sadly, they don't stand out and that's why they are side-lined I highly doubt any igbo person hates Abia and Ebonyi

you can't possibly say that ebonyi state dont stand out... in agriculture as a whole they do... just that they need to sit up . where do u think the local rice come from? na ebonyi na.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by VANHELLSING: 3:32pm On Apr 29, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
The rest of the ibos in Abia state hate the Ngwa people because they eat Human flesh, WHY?

The rest of the ibos in Imo state hate the Mbaise people because they have the highest number of witches in the whole world, WHY?
Thunder fire your mother...useless Bastard undecided
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Daniel058(m): 3:33pm On Apr 29, 2015
hitleraldof:
bro u re nt igbo.......wawa state is enugu and ey dont see it as an insult....infact signifies eir reluctance for evil
Wawa means no ooooooo in my dialect
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Sunshinelady(f): 3:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
. You do yorubas discriminate against Ijebu pple? Y is it dt Hausas & Fulanis often hav disagreements? My dear, we are all sides of d same coin

1 Like

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by splashbaby(m): 3:35pm On Apr 29, 2015
ozoigbondu:
You
Olodo
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 29, 2015
Imo and Anambra are the original Igbo state names
Enugu is the capital of Igbo land
Abia and Ebonyi are relatively new names in our consciousness
I still speak in old Imo state and in my subconscious Enugu is still the capital of anambra state.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by preciousMI1(f): 3:36pm On Apr 29, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

We are one Biafra...

you really wanna hear from me dandy.... where there's no love? biafra n.a. vision 3030
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Daniel058(m): 3:36pm On Apr 29, 2015
neighbourhud:

LolLol cheesy
I remember asking someone, "ibu onye abakiliki?" the response was shocking, "taaaarrrr, bu kwalu onye abaagana"
u see am... Unu hetiri anyi bu Abakiliki

1 Like

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Chigold101(m): 3:36pm On Apr 29, 2015
Daniel058:
Why on earth would this be seen among igbo race??

I have listen severally to igbo songs.. Which Whenever they to talk about igbo people, they will only mention ANAMBRA, IMO and ENUGU... Am

The worst part is the Gospel singers are also doing the same.... You will be listening to igbo gospel music , they will be praying to God ""Gozierem ndi onitsha, Gozierem ndi IMO, ENUGU na ANAMBRA state nine" "

WHY are they disregarding us ===EBONYI and ABIA

HAVENT WE CONTRIBUTED TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF IGBO RACE
i dont know the year the songs you listened to were released. But before the creation of 3 additionl states of Abia, Ebonyi & Enugu, south east used to be just 2states. Which are Anambra (with Enugu as capital) & Imo (owerri as capital). Ebonyi is carved out of Abia & Enugu state.
So i think in people‘s subconscious mind they still see just Imo & Anambra because this is where all the five states came out from. Just as it is with NEPA. Because 10years after NEPA became PHCN people still call it NEPA. Even my daughter that is a year & 5months also calls it NEPA.

NO STATE IS NEGLATED IT IS A CONSCIOUSNESS THINGS

3 Likes

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by somegirl1: 3:37pm On Apr 29, 2015
splashbaby:
You have a very simple answer already. You betray anyone you can. Ikweres, Ibibios, Hausas and lately Yorubas are never in good terms with Igbos... Lately you guys extended it to Abuja

Strife and betrayal are 2 different things. Two very different accusations.
So, mention a neighbouring group we've had clashes with, in ages past and in recent times.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Ilekeh(f): 3:37pm On Apr 29, 2015
I'm glancing at a mini Biafra.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by iykebesbt1(m): 3:37pm On Apr 29, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
Hey! I'm an Igbo and I like you..
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by somegirl1: 3:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
CrazyMan:

When you said not true, I was expecting to see some reasonable objection only for me to see the term "when I saw a movie". I doubt if you've ever been to Ebonyi state before.

Many of us haven't been so the reason you stated cannot be applicable to all non-Ebonyi Igbos.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by OneNaira6: 3:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
somegirl1:

Not true. I recently saw the movie "Ada Abakiliki". I understand most of the conversations. You should check it out.
I was quite surprised as I expected to have to depend pn the subtitles.

You do realize most of this movie stars are usually scattered around and not necessary from the state in question. Also many are expected to speak central igbo. If you want to hear an Ebonyi person speak, you should Google living in bondage, that really old igbo movie, one of the actors in the 2nd movie is from Ebonyi state. I swear you could barely barely understand his igbo. I honestly couldn't figure out how his coworkers could. Their igbo is rather difficult to understand. But it's not just them, Imo and Abia indigenous igbo is equally difficult to understand especially imo people.

1 Like

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
NZEGWUAGU:
It has nothing to do with the Igbos. It's like that every where even in America and the UK. In America there are states that are almost forgotten by others. In the UK the English see the Scots as inferior. The whites see black as animals. Israelites are despised. The Oyo man sees the Ijebu man as nonsense. The Igbo man sees aboki as a perpetual fool and aboki sees him as a thief and ritualist. The Igbo man sees the Yoruba man as a patholigical coward and traitor guess aboki believes that as well. The Yoruba man sees the Igbo man as dangerous and a liar. Even at family levels siblings disciminate one another depending on endowments perceived or real. Even in Ebonyi the Izza man sees the Ubulu man as subhuman. It goes on and on and it can never go away. I think humans use that as a source of distraction and a vent to live's frustrations and boredom! So please folks don't take it personally cos everyone is guilty of that one way or another!

........"The whites see black as animals".
Deaddd
This killed me

@post, Igbo bu Igbo
Simple
Only about 3 people on this NL do the superiority thing....which really does not matter at all
Being proud of where we come from is good, but being big-headed and ethnocentric about is awful
So let us learn to ignore posts that do not do Igbo well/good at all
Cheers
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Chigold101(m): 3:39pm On Apr 29, 2015
babyosisi:
Imo and anambra are the original Igbo state names
Enugu is the capital of a Igbo land

Abia and Ebonyi are relatively new names in our consciousness
I still speak in old Imo state and in my subconscious Enugu is still the capital of anambra state.
you are very much on point.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 29, 2015
preciousMI1:

you can't possibly say that ebonyi state dont stand out... in agriculture as a whole they do... just that they need to sit up . where do u think the local rice come from? na ebonyi na.

Their rice is awesome
...especially with "ofe akwu"
Gawd! I just made myself hungry....you caused it

1 Like

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by tpiadotcom: 3:41pm On Apr 29, 2015
aren't those two states new?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer / Mansion: Bukola Saraki's House In Ilorin (Photos) / Buhari Rejects US Gay Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.