Stats: 3,158,208 members, 7,836,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? (80769 Views)

Peter Obi : Why Yoruba States And People Are Poor And Igbo States Might Fail / Jonathan Hated Rivers People; Wike Can Sell His Mother – Amaechi / An Analysis/predictions Of The Presidential Elections In South East (igbo)states (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
Ibo people be discriminating themselves since the days of Adam and Eve, yet they are agitating for social and poltical relevance in other peoples region
best post ever!!!!

they kinda confused angry

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by splashbaby(m): 3:12pm On Apr 29, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Yes, you're right, apart from that; Ebonyi people are just naturally disliked by other igbos, It's something I've seen.
Do Igbos love anyone?Majority of them are always at strife with their friends, host, neighboughs and people they don't know. Its no coincidence that they were at center of Nigeria only civil war.. Yet they are still keen to fight another one.

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by chi4ik4(m): 3:12pm On Apr 29, 2015
I I'm and Igbo but d problem is Igbo themselves. they like discriminating each other & what marvels me is that u r not feeding d person & yet u still have right to discriminate d person. d earlier we stop this rubbish d better for all of us

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by somegirl1: 3:12pm On Apr 29, 2015
preciousMI1:

does that defend the hatred? sincerely ebonyi state is almost the biggest and best in agriculture.

I'm sure the OP's issue was disregard not hatred. Two very different things.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by AreaFada2: 3:13pm On Apr 29, 2015
Daniel058:
Why on earth would this be seen among igbo race??

I have listen severally to igbo songs.. Which Whenever they to talk about igbo people, they will only mention ANAMBRA, IMO and ENUGU... Am

The worst part is the Gospel singers are also doing the same.... You will be listening to igbo gospel music , they will be praying to God ""Gozierem ndi onitsha, Gozierem ndi IMO, ENUGU na ANAMBRA state nine" "

WHY are they disregarding us ===EBONYI and ABIA

HAVENT WE CONTRIBUTED TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF IGBO RACE

cc:lalasticla

Answer is simple. These are new States, not so much in people's consciousness especially the elders that will be called to lead traditional prayers n break kolanut.

This is due to creation of States, an exercise I feel is causing more division and waste of money on bureaucracy n civil servants/recurrent expenditure.

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by SeverusSnape(m): 3:13pm On Apr 29, 2015
CrazyMan:

They are not disliked, they're just seen as non-igbos because of their dialect.

Their dialect has little or no resemblance to the general igbo dialect. If for instance an Enugu, Anambra Imo or Abia man speaks his dialect, you can still grab a thing or two from what he's saying. But if an Ebonyi man speaks his, you won't even understand a single sentence of what he's saying. And worst is most of them in the villages don't even understand the general igbo. So if you find yourself there, you'll really have a hard time communicating even though you're an igbo. (I'm talking from experience)

That's why most igbos see them as non igbos.
Absolutely, That's another major factor. You're definitely right.

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by hotgunz(m): 3:14pm On Apr 29, 2015
ozoigbondu:

l think is because their governors are deadwoods.Ebonyi is governed by 81 years old Elechi and Abia by the worst governor known to man theif orji.The lazy governors has made their state backward.

Abia though dragged back is still popular thanks to Aba but as for Ebonyi sometimes i forget it is an igbo state.

The only reason why Martin Elechi name is in capital letters not small like theif orji is that he is old enough to be my grandfather and deserves that respect
immediately I saw ozoigbondu I knew ds s anoda sick man, the put word in ur mouth and see the rubbish u re vomitin, yoruba says and I interpret "words said by wise re always heard from a lunatic mouth"
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by SeverusSnape(m): 3:15pm On Apr 29, 2015
splashbaby:
Do Igbos love anyone?Majority of them are always at strife with their friends, host, neighboughs and people they don't know.
Oh!... Really, So it's Yorubas and Hausas that love others.... Please tell me more.

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 29, 2015
What about Osu state?

My Yibhoe fiancee is osu yibhoe and they discriminate against her too. sad

Yibhoes smh.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by preciousMI1(f): 3:15pm On Apr 29, 2015
chamboy:
See dem, Dem even get internal Fight n dem wan start country.. Go na Biafra ko, Bahamas ni

Awon omo ironkiron
my dear the thing tire me.... haba! no love in their midst....
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by somegirl1: 3:16pm On Apr 29, 2015
Middlefinger1:

Op, I've noticed that most I ibos from three states u mentioned feels superior to the ones from the other two, xpecially the ebonyian, they don't see them as fellow ibos.
Btw Op, are from abia or ebonyi?

I hate to point fingers but people from Imo and Enugu are not known to feel superior to other Igbo groups.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by preciousMI1(f): 3:16pm On Apr 29, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
What is the meaning of Osu ibo? Why do you ibos hate yourself so much? Why do you discrimate against one another?

my dear common love them nuh fit love each other.... Kia.... God save!
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by hitleraldof(m): 3:17pm On Apr 29, 2015
Daniel058:
we see it as insult... It's like calling someone ,, MUMU.. ..

Bia ebe!!!.. a nwa Wawa!!!
bro u re nt igbo.......wawa state is enugu and ey dont see it as an insult....infact signifies eir reluctance for evil
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by muscoliscious(f): 3:17pm On Apr 29, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Dear nobody is quarreling we are having a brotherly discussion
are you minding that jobless anumpam

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by somegirl1: 3:17pm On Apr 29, 2015
splashbaby:
Do Igbos love anyone?Majority of them are always at strife with their friends, host, neighboughs and people they don't know. Its no coincidence that they were at center of Nigeria only civil... Yet they are still keen to fight another one.

Mention one neighbouring group we've ever been at war with or hold your peace.

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by yibobasher2: 3:19pm On Apr 29, 2015
The most disjointed group of people in the world. I laugh anytime they clamor for their sovereign state. I pray Nigeria grant them their wish and see how these unorganized, spasmodic and disjointed group can survive up to 3 months in a cursed landlocked barren land.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by WILSON(f): 3:19pm On Apr 29, 2015
ABIA NA STATE? THAT PLACE WEY LOOK LIKE A DUMPING GROUND? IF YOU NO LIKAM MAKE YOU TELL YOUR GOVERNOR TO PROVE ME WRONG BY REHABILITATING YOUR ROAD.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by somegirl1: 3:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
yibobasher2:
The most disjointed group of people in the world. I laugh anytime they clamor for their sovereign state. I pray Nigeria grant them their wish and see how these unorganized, spasmodic and disjointed group can survive up to 3 months in a cursed landlocked barren land.

You should fast as well.
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Jman06(m): 3:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
Lagos is the most develpoed state in the southwest nay Nigeria but that doesnt make the Yorubas hate themselves.

Kano is the most developed state in the North but that doesnt make the Hausas hate themselves

why then do the ibos hate and discriminate against each other just because of the dearth of infrastructural development in a certain?

Ebonyi isnt the only state in Nigeria with an underperforming Governor, so why the hate from their fellow ibo brothers
Stop peddling falsehood against the igbos to make us look bad. We don't hate one another in igboland! The way I see my brothers in Enugu is the same way I see and relate with those from Anambra, IMO, Ebony, Abia, Delta and Rivers. Igbos are one. Deal with it!

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by neighbourhud: 3:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Ozoigbondu, What do you have to say about this?? grin grin
Though, I learnt the most less recognized Igbo state is ebonyi, because they are so local, In fact, if someone calls you "onye Abakiliki", It's a derogatory term and an insult.

LolLol cheesy
I remember asking someone, "ibu onye abakiliki?" the response was shocking, "taaaarrrr, bu kwalu onye abaagana"
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by obayaya(m): 3:21pm On Apr 29, 2015
ozoigbondu:

l think is because their governors are deadwoods.Ebonyi is governed by 81 years old Elechi and Abia by the worst governor known to man theif orji.The lazy governors has made their state backward.

Abia though dragged back is still popular thanks to Aba but as for Ebonyi sometimes i forget it is an igbo state.

The only reason why Martin Elechi name is in capital letters not small like theif orji is that he is old enough to be my grandfather and deserves that respect

I think Ebonyi is underrated because it was carved out of the old Enugu state.

That said..

The Area that consists of the Northern part of Imo state and the southern part of Anambra State is where you'll find the richest and the most successful men in Igboland.

Enugu is still relevant considering it was the Capital of Eastern region.

Abia state is a tricky one.. People easily relate and talk about aba but Abia seems to be heavy in the mouth. Like Aba has swallowed abia..

Everyone from Abia state is called Nwa Aba (Aba boy) by Igbos from other states.

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by winodey(m): 3:21pm On Apr 29, 2015
How to Root and Change Imei of Infinix HotNote X551 To Browse for free
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Niwdog(m): 3:22pm On Apr 29, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
Lagos is the most develpoed state in the southwest nay Nigeria but that doesnt make the Yorubas hate themselves.

Kano is the most developed state in the North but that doesnt make the Hausas hate themselves

why then do the ibos hate and discriminate against each other just because of the dearth of infrastructural development in a certain?

Ebonyi isnt the only state in Nigeria with an underperforming Governor, so why the hate from their fellow ibo brothers
and who said we hate them? Nairaland is making me to develop a hatred for the yorubas

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Leez(m): 3:22pm On Apr 29, 2015
Daniel058:
Why on earth would this be seen among igbo race??

I have listen severally to igbo songs.. Which Whenever they to talk about igbo people, they will only mention ANAMBRA, IMO and ENUGU... Am

The worst part is the Gospel singers are also doing the same.... You will be listening to igbo gospel music , they will be praying to God ""Gozierem ndi onitsha, Gozierem ndi IMO, ENUGU na ANAMBRA state nine" "

WHY are they disregarding us ===EBONYI and ABIA

HAVENT WE CONTRIBUTED TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF IGBO RACE

cc:lalasticla
Op ebonyi peeps are vindictive and kill each other for silly reasons heck they r regarded as the malos of ndigbo
As for abia well,their governors have the answers to ur open question
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by dunkem21(m): 3:22pm On Apr 29, 2015
preciousMI1:
I call this arrant nonsense....
what's the point?
does it stop abia and ebony from being igbo states?
lemme hear any igbo child say biafra again that child will hear from mi. just 5 KIDS and you pple can't love yourselves..... mtscheeeew

Come on shut up!

Which people no love their selves? ..I witnessed the Offa/Erin-le legendary fight in Kwara state.

I see brothers hack siblings in cold blood.

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Wislet(f): 3:22pm On Apr 29, 2015
In my opinion, THIS IS A MEANINGLESS TOPIC.

When South East is mentioned, ALL the states ARE recognized. Abia state has NEVER been in the background. It is very popular. Ebonyi on the other hand might be least mentioned because it is a very quiet state.

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by somegirl1: 3:22pm On Apr 29, 2015
CrazyMan:

They are not disliked, they're just seen as non-igbos because of their dialect.

Their dialect has little or no resemblance to the general igbo dialect. If for instance an Enugu, Anambra Imo or Abia man speaks his dialect, you can still grab a thing or two from what he's saying. But if an Ebonyi man speaks his, you won't even understand a single sentence of what he's saying. And worst is most of them in the villages don't even understand the general igbo. So if you find yourself there, you'll really have a hard time communicating even though you're an igbo. (I'm talking from experience)

That's why most igbos see them as non igbos.

Not true. I recently saw the movie "Ada Abakiliki". I understand most of the conversations. You should check it out.
I was quite surprised as I expected to have to depend pn the subtitles.

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by preciousMI1(f): 3:22pm On Apr 29, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

Amebo what's your business if they hate everything about Nigeria...

They don't want Nigeria na by force??

now someone is saying that the 5 igbo children hate themselves and you are advocating for biafra with which love?
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by OneNaira6: 3:23pm On Apr 29, 2015
preciousMI1:

my dear common love them nuh fit love each other.... Kia.... God save!

For a second there I was thinking you are Ebonyi. Lo behold, you are not. Why are you yorubas crying more than Ebonyi ppl? There are more than enough ebonyi on this forum, some have even spoken on this thread and not one cried about the thread but look behold, una are crying more that the community in question.

Why are you and your brothers taking panadol for another person's headache?
Did the OP call una?
Did Ebonyi make una their spokesperson?
Did they ask una to cry for them?

Every single conversation b/w igbo groups, u people always butt una fat heads into it throwing your opinions around like anyone asked or cared about them. Wtf is wrong with you people? I honestly think God was asleep when he created you people. He didn't make una normal

Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by Daniel058(m): 3:23pm On Apr 29, 2015
agabaI23:
Where are you from in Ebonyi?
Izzi
Re: Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? by splashbaby(m): 3:23pm On Apr 29, 2015
somegirl1:

Mention one neighbouring group we've ever been at war with or hold your peace.
Igbo are the greatest betrayal of the Nigerian state... Barely ten years after independence they started a separatist war ...with biafra. What do you have to say about this... I beseach you to shut up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer / Mansion: Bukola Saraki's House In Ilorin (Photos) / Buhari Rejects US Gay Marriage.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116