Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,203 members, 7,818,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! (58184 Views)

Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki / The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! / Rare Photos: Remembering Apartheid In South Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by clemz88(m): 3:36pm On Apr 29, 2015
shocked

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by omonnakoda: 3:37pm On Apr 29, 2015
Anyi3:
Before we all go on attacking South Africa.

Does anyone really have solid proof to support Nigeria's active support against apartheid?
How old are you?

15 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by SeverusSnape(m): 3:37pm On Apr 29, 2015

10 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by mmsen: 3:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
I wish I cared.

Let South Africa deal with its own issues. You have enough of your own.

Stop looking for the external approval and acceptance from others and build your own nation.

5 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by kay1one2(m): 3:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
Thats their biz!
Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by NCOIM(m): 3:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
Its really not needed

South Africans are bunch of Pained Overgrow Idiots angry
They just woke up one morning and started killing people

Psychotic Miscreants

Nigeria Shouldn't be looking After this ungrateful Devilish country
Whether they like it or not Nigeria will andmust remain the largest Economy

Bunch of pathetic ingrates angry angry
Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by vacanci: 3:39pm On Apr 29, 2015
At least i remember Majek Fashek singing "FREE MANDELLA" back then, and the music made waves across Africa.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Cutest9gerian(m): 3:39pm On Apr 29, 2015
This is what happens when a father leaves his house to go and feed his neighbors children

15 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Fratello(m): 3:39pm On Apr 29, 2015
Thought Nigeria was top among the Countries who intervened?
Lord, these ppl are Xtra-Xenophobic Ingrates.
GEJ should do sth now! I mean now. angry
In fact, 'Major Role' from an Elderly Man(source).

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by seeker121(m): 3:40pm On Apr 29, 2015
Thunder wey go fire SA still dey chill for daura by the time Baba take over dem go receive dat big blow for their face idiot bazcat.

5 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by kindnyce(m): 3:40pm On Apr 29, 2015
AND UNFORTUNATELY,NIGERIA WAS AT THE FORE-FRONT OF FREE MANDELA CAMPAIGN IN THE 90S

NIGERIA WAS AT THE FORE FRONT CAMPAIGN TO STOP APARTHEID IN SA

SO WHAT ARE THEY SAYING?

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Jowonloju(m): 3:40pm On Apr 29, 2015
Is high time we spend our resources on Nigerians rather than all this diplomatic nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Vivipop(f): 3:41pm On Apr 29, 2015
This is a hot slap on Nigeria's face. As bad as it sounds, she needs it. Focus your energy on your children and stop trying to get unsolicited reference from ungrateful and underserving low lives. This big brother nonsense is highly overrated and has to be stopped

9 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Xion: 3:41pm On Apr 29, 2015
Ojo ore pe, asiere gbagbe... The day to show gratitude has come, and the foolish one has forgotten... (Yoruba Proverb)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by GodMode: 3:41pm On Apr 29, 2015
Hahahahaha
Nigeria is a laughing stock gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by ApexTitan(m): 3:41pm On Apr 29, 2015
OP this thread will give many people here on Nairaland heartburns. How dare you attack the claim that Nigeria is anything but the Giant of Africa. We are the biggest, the strongest, the best, never mind that many of our citizens have yet to taste of real sustained developement.

You will be tagged as an unpatriotic, inferior complex cave-dwelling neanderthal. Just watch.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by hopilo: 3:42pm On Apr 29, 2015
Chai, I contributed money ooo in my primary school for this fight. Wait oo, is it that our leaders then deceived us?

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by SirShymexx: 3:47pm On Apr 29, 2015
Before folks go on a rampage like blinkered oafs...I think Nigeria should provide solid proofs that it actually supported the anti-apartheid struggle overtly and adequately like all the country listed.

Nigeria is also not listed in all academic sources that I've read about the anti-apartheid struggle. Even Libya and Gaddafi, which appeared in most academic sources isn't on this list. So, whatever "help" they're alluding to here, might be different from whatever you think you gave.

Anyway, I know Nigeria did try to support to Angola during the bloody civil war in that country, against the West and Apartheid SA. But the man who was championing it, Murtala Muhammed, was assassinated before he started - and those who took over were CIA moles who never bothered after that. This one is well documented - but the South African one isn't in any academic source.

And if you want to allude to songs/speeches - a lot of African Americans, and blacks in the new world also did that. But they also didn't get any recognition. So, apply wisdom.

6 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by tartar9(m): 3:47pm On Apr 29, 2015
south africa is getting jealous cheesy

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by klax(m): 3:47pm On Apr 29, 2015
No problem we have heard them but Seun we have hear enough of this bastards for God sake, enough!!!

Nigeria did not help fine they can go to hell. When a man finish feeding a dog the dog will ends up bitten him that is who they are. They are so shameless ripple fat a s s Zulu goats so what do you expect. They should go and wake their so called Mandela up to tell them the truth. Mine is I pray for a return of apartheid or for white to get the seat of power again to inflict pains on these boloks God forsaken animals once more.

By the way is their any country called South Africa Is that a name or just a region or a zoo centre I still can't come in term with it calling a country East Africa or West Africa or North Africa it's simply no name a trait of group of bastards that come together to live in a farmland that is all so no country like south Africa please correct that let them get a better name then they are human. Ewu (goats)

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by ijustdey: 3:47pm On Apr 29, 2015
Nigerian shine your eyes next time

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by phoenix28: 3:48pm On Apr 29, 2015
This is one of the reasons toinclude history into our educational system , South Africa can decide to recognise whoever they deem right to, I can still remember Nigeria's contribution namely awareness, financial( governrment , individuals, schools etc) , training , military aid.
We know South Africa has got rivalry issues with Nigeria but we have given them chance to disrespect us all in the name of politics , a good example was the seized cash meant for arms purchase. He who care can read the links below ,I have decided not to include Nigerian sources to eliminate bias.

http://af.reuters.com/article/topNews/idAFKBN0NJ1OD20150428

http://www.photius.com/countries/nigeria/government/nigeria_government_relations_with_the_r~10031.html

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&Itemid=111&catid=56:diplomacy-a-peace&view=article&id=23419:south-africa-praises-nigerian-military-for-its-apartheid-era-help

http://africanactivist.msu.edu/organization.php?name=National+Committee+Against+Apartheid

http://www.unisa.ac.za/default.asp?Cmd=ViewContent&ContentID=96193

http://www.safpi.org/news/article/2013/south-africa-needs-appreciate-nigeria-s-role-ending-apartheid

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by omenka(m): 3:48pm On Apr 29, 2015
Anyi3:
Before we all go on attacking South Africa.

Does anyone really have solid proof to support Nigeria's active support against apartheid?
Absolutely agree with you. I don't understand why majority of these posters are getting overly emotional about this stuff. I presume that plaque wasn't made yesterday and surely pre-dates any of the recent diplomatic spats we've had with that country. So it is unlikely they expunged our name when drawing up the list just to spite us given the not too jolly mood of things between the two regional powers.

Our name isn't on the list because we didn't assist them, period. I don't see what all the noise is about besides some bruised ego.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by GodMode: 3:49pm On Apr 29, 2015
iyatrustee:
Its a pity that Nigeria has fallen short of its previous glory.

Is Nigeria still the acclaimed big brother of the continent?

How can South Africa forget so soon the roles we played during their aparthied days.

The collective actions of both our leaders and followers lead us to where we are today!

gej dragged Nigeria through the mud...

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Bsc(m): 3:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
Nigeria – South Africa relations refers to the current and historical relationship between Nigeria and South Africa. Both countries are former British colonies. Both countries are members of the Commonwealth of Nations and African Union. According to a 2013 BBC World Service Poll, 63% of Nigerians view South Africa's influence positively, with 24% expressing a negative view.[1] Apartheid era During the apartheid era in South Africa, Nigeria was one of the foremost supporters of Black South African liberation movements, including the African National Congress; the Nigerian government issued more than 300 passports to South Africans seeking to travel abroad.[2] Sonny Okosun, a Nigerian musician, wrote the hit song "Fire in Soweto" in 1977 to commemorate the 1976 Soweto uprising against white-rule in South Africa. Source wikipedia

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by tolexy007(m): 3:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
South Africa is a mess...Wait! let me finish my 1gig data from mtn, after dat we gonna send mtn bak to where dey belong....
Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by eminikansoso(m): 3:53pm On Apr 29, 2015
cupid1:
all the songs by majek fashek, christy essien igbokwe and onyeka owenu aren't proof ? Well what of those days when the ANC used to come to schools and other corporate institutions to appeal for alms to support the war against arpatheid rule in SA ? It's a sure thing that we helped SA in their fight against arpatheid rule and it's another sure thing that south africans are ungrateful animala who don't deserve any help or sympathy. Don't understand why multichoice, shoprite, mtn and other SA owned entities should still be milking us badly here in Nigeria
All the companies owned by south Africans, their days are numbers and we Nigerians will buy them and name it another better name.
Then they will surely know the true Niaja
Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by nickyvil: 3:54pm On Apr 29, 2015
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria%E2%80%93South_Africa_relations

That's the proof that we helped them...ingrate south africa

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Americans Blast Zelensky For Rejecting Elon Musk's Peace Deal With Russia (Pics) / Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe / Putin Places Sergey Beseda Under House Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.