Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! (58189 Views)

Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki / The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! / Rare Photos: Remembering Apartheid In South Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by BRAINTORMS(m): 3:54pm On Apr 29, 2015
wake up from your sleep junior, its time to get set for school
searay:
No comment except

[size=40pt]GEJ till 2019[/size]
Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 29, 2015
Being good to an ungrateful person is service to God not to humanity..

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by omisakint: 3:55pm On Apr 29, 2015
Sponsoring of liberation fighters in south africa
Organizing a world submit on apartheid
Boycotting of commonwealth games cause britain supporting apartheid

All this was done with our oil money ooo.

Africa a centre piece of nigeria's foreign policy indeed

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 29, 2015
shachris03:
those ingrates. it's high time we shut their businesses down in Nigeria. We are taking over africa and they are forming jealous.

This has nothing to do with their businesses in Nigeria.
Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Guyman02: 3:57pm On Apr 29, 2015
They idiots in SA are attacking blacks while calling whites 'investors'. They are yet to beat Inferior complex from themselves.

While the people of Niger Delta were suffering and having their environment devastated the military Govts were spending billions on SA and today see what we are getting from Africa being the Center of our Foreign Policy as we were thought for WAEC exam.
Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by jabolo(m): 3:58pm On Apr 29, 2015
omonnakoda:
How old are you?

No mind am. He must be from the Indomie Generation.

I was in Boarding School then, each dormitory had South African exiles staying with us - free food, free lodgings, free education etc.

They were a bit older than us but generally nice quiet, folks I remember, obviously suffering silent traumas od being far away from home..

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by adaoshi(m): 3:58pm On Apr 29, 2015
It still doesn't change the fact that Nigeria was so much involved in helping SA during their struggle.

No amount of hate or jealousy will take away this fact.

If SA fail to recognise Nigeria history will.

So I don't give a damn

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 29, 2015
I think it is GEJ that cause this one, since every bad thing is from him. Who were the people that rule us during SA apartheid period.

Just name them let them come an explain why after spending our money for this purpose and these people are denying now.
Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Queendarlene(f): 3:59pm On Apr 29, 2015
South African hating Nigerians since creation.....
Nigerians hating Nigeria since 1914..
Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Meti99(m): 3:59pm On Apr 29, 2015
Breaks My MTN sim! This people av broke my hrt wit this new

You be mumu walahi
Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by SirShymexx: 4:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
nickyvil:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria%E2%80%93South_Africa_relations

That's the proof that we helped them...ingrate south africa

Lol. From ya source:

During the apartheid era in South Africa, Nigeria was one of the foremost supporters of Black South African liberation movements, including the African National Congress; the Nigerian government issued more than 300 passports to South Africans seeking to travel abroad. Sonny Okosun, a Nigerian musician, wrote the hit song "Fire in Soweto" in 1977 to commemorate the 1976 Soweto uprising against white-rule in South Africa.

^^^So, issuing 300 passports is the help you're alluding to?- hysterical.

Post better proofs, so folks can be more acquainted with the help Nigeria gave. Also, don't post the ludicrous $67 billion cos even at the peak of oil prices, Nigeria's annual budget wasn't even up to $67 billion. grin

We're all here to learn cos you can't read everything in books. And that was also the cold war era, with West on one side and East on the other. While the West supported the apartheid government - the East was for the anti-apartheid movement. So, it was difficult to align overtly back then.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by bakynes(m): 4:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
The hatred South Africans have towards us is legendary. Just like Jonathan wasn't allowed to speak @ Mandela's burial. I believe Nigeria contributed towards stopping the Aparthied regime if not Mandela wouldn't have visited Nigeria after he was released from Prison. Countries like Britain and their Dutch slave masters (Netherlands) who maltreated them were listed to have supported the Aparthied government, countries like Czech and USSR were racist and wouldn't have supported them much yet they recognized them and didn't recognize a fellow black nation that helped them.Like many have said is time we stop this big brother attitude, just like nearby Ghana benefiting from our huge contributions to ECOWAS they still hate us.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by edi287: 4:01pm On Apr 29, 2015
So?? I think its about time we leave these south africans alone. Every damn day its "SA this" "SA that"....its starting to get boring.
They don't want foreigners in their country, then leave and chase out mtn, shoprite, game from naija.
Making it seem like they're the only country in the world to migrate to.
Complaining everytime of how they hate us looks/makes it look like every Nigerian is begging for them to accept and "love us" which is bullshit....never force yourself on anyone who doesn't give a shit about you.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by DaBullIT(m): 4:01pm On Apr 29, 2015
shachris03:
those ingrates. it's high time we shut their businesses down in Nigeria. We are taking over africa and they are forming jealous.

Typical of Nigerians, one person's picture and they are all emotional , instead of comments like this, ask your buddies in SA to confirm this

If it's true, then when was the plaque installed? Not recently I assume? Only then should these comments be posted

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by cirmuell(m): 4:03pm On Apr 29, 2015
shocked

These guys sabi how to throw subtle shots sha. grin
I don't believe this though.
Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 29, 2015
proxitaly:
wow!

Nigeria truly is under a curse.

Hated by the outside world,
Milked dry by her leaders,

Tribalism by her citizens

How do we even start saying this?

I wish years are moving in a circle, I wish to be in 1913 before this Lugard Miracle

God help us

Nigeria is blessed

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 29, 2015
cyberdurable:
Breaks My MTN sim! This people av broke my hrt wit this news

The very best and first thing to have done would have been to port to ANY other network
I cannot believe you had to wait till now...to break your sim....just port
It may not amount to much, it may even be foolhardy..but you would have protested, somewhat

That is how other countries were fighting Indonesia for their now executed drug criminals -nationals
...next to nothing from our end
And yes...they were guilty, but so were the others from other countries.
We need to learn to stand up for what we feel is better, or right

I am getting preachy, will stop here
Sorry for climbing all over you

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by watchindelta(m): 4:07pm On Apr 29, 2015
hahaha anything Nigeria nah sin 4 other countries undecided u like cut ur head for does yeye countries dey will still insult Nigerians, but i blamed our Government since 00000AD dey come cool cool cool
Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by solayd(m): 4:08pm On Apr 29, 2015
Anyi3:
Before we all go on attacking South Africa.

Does anyone really have solid proof to support Nigeria's active support against apartheid?

If you want proof go and read history why Nigeria Government Nationalise BP "British Petroleum" to become AP "Africa Petroleum" that' s one of many proof
Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by moscobabs(m): 4:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
''oore pe asiwere gbagbe''
Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by themodernman: 4:11pm On Apr 29, 2015
chronique:
I remember the Majek Fashek's hit track against the apartheid regime in the late 80's to early 90's. It's funny how all these events finally played out. Nigeria should learn to stop playing any big brother role to any African nation. Let's spend our resources to develop our country. If our neighbours like,let them die of hunger;that's their fucking business.

Nigeria is just like a wealthy husband loved only cos of his money...once his money is no longer needed he's treated like crap...

Now imagine Nigeria now becomes d one in dire need of help from SA....only God knows what will happen to us.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by EmekaBlue(m): 4:13pm On Apr 29, 2015
They really hate Nigeria
Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Meiji(m): 4:17pm On Apr 29, 2015
The idiots mentioned London as a country.
Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 29, 2015
You guys are even going to far.
Nigeria was responsible for the creation of ecomog in terms of funds and troops.This saw the liberation of key west African countries e.g liberia.

Since the carnage of boko haram for over six years,no west African country has help Nigeria.
This means Nigeria shud not be wasting money again on other countries.
Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by ifyan(m): 4:18pm On Apr 29, 2015
jonahmonda:
I think it is GEJ that cause this one, since every bad thing is from him. Who were the people that rule us during SA apartheid period.

Just name them let them come an explain why after spending our money for this purpose and these people are denying now.

Why are you behaving like this, reason bro.
Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 29, 2015
okoloikenna:
My fellow nigerians it's high time we ignored d's ignorant/uneducated south Africans and concentrate our energy on how to move our country (NIGERIA ) forward

To dose of us agitating d closure of Mtn DSTV and other south african investments in nigeria all I can say to u all is pls my dear think again cos wen a mad man slaps u in d public u dnt slap back to show ur strength

D's south african investments in nigeria has indirectly blessed more Dan 10 million nigerians think of d
1 Job employment ( DSTV MTN SHOPRITE)( over 1 million nigerians )
2 Mtn scholarship to our young ones in higher institution
3 rural development brought abt by this companies

Den tell me shutting down this companies how will it affect us positively

Rem dnt slap a mad man Wen he slaps u jus apply WISDOM
10 million Nigerians?? You might as well say 100 billion Nigerians.

Even MTN said if they should leave Nigeria, 6,000 Nigerians will be rendered jobless. Except (which it's not possible) shoprite and multichoice made up for the remaining almost 10 million Nigerians.
Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by omoharry(f): 4:18pm On Apr 29, 2015
I dont know why you guys keep making this South Africans feel very important...it does not matter oooo..haba..if they dont recognize our effort during the apathied struggle then that is thier wahala and thier headeach...i shall know that they are the most ungrateful human beings in the surface of the earth...we dont need them for any thing...RUBBISH
Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by mrham03(m): 4:18pm On Apr 29, 2015
bakynes:
The hatred South Africans have towards us is legendary. Just like Jonathan wasn't allowed to speak @ Mandela's burial. I believe Nigeria contributed towards stopping the Aparthied regime if not Mandela wouldn't have visited Nigeria after he was released from Prison. Countries like Britain and their Dutch slave masters (Netherlands) who maltreated them were listed to have supported the Aparthied government, countries like Czech and USSR were racist and wouldn't have supported them much yet they recognized them and didn't recognize a fellow black nation that helped them.Like many have said is time we stop this big brother attitude, just like nearby Ghana benefiting from our huge contributions to ECOWAS they still hate us.
what ecowas benefit is ghana getting ? Kindly tell me and btw do u think we will allow almost 5 million nigerians to live in ghana if we hate u people?

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by mikron(m): 4:19pm On Apr 29, 2015
Keneking:
Great, this government of Jonathan sef shocked
some people sef, wetin concern jonathan government here again? We re talking about what happened in d 80s u re here blaming it on GEJ.
Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by ifyan(m): 4:21pm On Apr 29, 2015
wristwatch:

Nigeria is blessed

Thank you bro.
Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by SirShymexx: 4:21pm On Apr 29, 2015
solayd:

If you want proof go and read history why Nigeria Government Nationalise BP "British Petroleum" to become AP "Africa Petroleum" that' s one of many proof

Are you educated? How does nationalising a multi-national in Nigeria mean helping anti-apartheid movement and the poor blacks in South Africa? How did it benefit them? It would've benefited if Nigeria allowed ANC to take over the company after nationalising it. That was just a protest that benefited Nigeria, more than anything in South Africa back then.

Also, at the peak of the struggle - Nigerian leaders were cosy with Lady Magaret Thatcher who was an unrepentant apartheid regime supporter. So, I wouldn't bet on diplomatic support as well.

Don't let emotions get into ya head...look at it logically and provide concrete proofs of overt/covert help Nigeria rendered. Personally, I think the unsung heroes who helped in breaking the yoke of the apartheid regime in South Africa were the Afro-Cubans (and Fidel Castro) who fought in Angola. If they hadn't defeated the apartheid government in that theatre, I honestly don't think it would've ended the way it did. However, Castro and Cubans don't get all the credits they deserve but you don't see them moan the way Nigerians moan.

Let's deal with issue the way they happened and not let ego tripping get into it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Americans Blast Zelensky For Rejecting Elon Musk's Peace Deal With Russia (Pics) / Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe / Putin Places Sergey Beseda Under House Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.