Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari (23601 Views)

Release Ubah Or Face Our Wrath, IPOB Warns FG, DSS / Arewa Youths To FFK: Stop Insulting Buhari, Northern Leaders Or Face Our Wrath / We Have Used All Channels To Warn Buhari Over Shi’ite Leader – Iran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by TeamSimple(m): 6:50am On Apr 30, 2015
Confused set of people calling themselves unions. Proper Semantics shows these set of people don't know what they want. They believe subsidy is a scam,and at the same time think it should not be removed. A case of semantic contradiction caused by epileptic brain. And some opposing fools will still come here to blame Buhari for this clear ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Reference(m): 6:55am On Apr 30, 2015
taharqa:

What you wrote isn't true

Nigeria pays for those barrels of oil it reserves, at least it's cost. It is not free

Doesn't it cost money to produce. These dunces feel that way because of the skewed nature of the Nigerian state and the allocation mentality of 50 years. When they hammer their mantra 'Nigeria is rich in petroleum resources' they feel the stuff is jogging on the streets looking for the nearest market.

If it is so easy and cheap why is solid minerals so hard. Who wjll give up his entire village to mines and quarries for nothing. Who arrives his farm to see yams planted and sprouting. Free indeed.

1 Like

Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by tiptopy03(m): 7:00am On Apr 30, 2015
When will this war of subsidy over? Government upon government, subsidy palava continues... I just dey look o

Tiptopy Consult wishes to inform all our teeming customers that there is slight positive change in the price of our MTN data product.
If the payment is been made by cash or deposited to bank, we offer it at 1100 naira (1 gig).
If it is by recharge card it is of 1200 worth.
Bank details Oke Temitope 0049576008 (GTB).
For more information CONTACT: Tope 08067867807, 08138421163 (WHATSAPP, CALL AND TEXT MESSAGES ALLOWED)
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Nobody: 7:04am On Apr 30, 2015
pstfr:
In as much as i'm not a fan of buhari, i must say that, if we re to make progress as a nation, fuel subsidy must be removed. No matter how you try u can never deal with the corruption in that sector. Come to think of it, with the current price of crude now below 60 dollar, i don't think subsidy is still needed.

Bro no need to remove na.. In all fairness let buhari stop d corruption therein cos dats d same thing da Ppl asked 4rm GEJ
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 30, 2015
[quote author=4Play post=33254563]

Can anyone explain these incongrous statements in bold please. A summary of what is claimed is as follows:

1) Trade unions warn against subsidy removal
2) Trade unions state there has never been subsidy

If 2) is true, 1) cannot be true. Both statements are mutually irreconciliable.

An exasperating thing I have noticed about Nigeria is that because corruption is so endemic, any claims about corruption is deemed to be true by a credulous populace even if the claims are patently false and so irrational as to defy common sense. [/quot

No mind those labour fools.
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 30, 2015
[quote author=debo07 post=33256779]And dis yeye person we call president jonathan said he will bring all those indicted in d subsidy fraud to justice but yet nothing has happened.instead he kept encouraging corruption and turning dieziani into a goddess.NNPC don't even have the records of barrels we produce per day.He used trillions for campaign.awarded mouth watering contracts to touts and militants while millions of educated youths are jobless.I really thank God for saving us from the hands of dis wicked man.I'm certain we have been liberated with d emergence of Buhari.He is surely the MAN.SAI BABA.[/quot

When people lack knowledge, the say very stup..id things... uncontrollably
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Reference(m): 7:07am On Apr 30, 2015
durosegun:

The trade unions should be directing their aggressions to the right place. The alleged plan of subsidy removal is being planned by the present administration, so why attacking the incoming govt.

You should be glad that the present regime may appear to be willing to handle such a hot political potato on behalf of the incoming one. Lets put it thìs way. Consider it political capital in the bank Buhari may spend as he pleases. He may reinstate subsidy and we will all say, 'surely he is more than John the Baptist.'
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by TeamSimple(m): 7:08am On Apr 30, 2015
CMSbrands:
Just can't stop laughing at this NLC clowns, the budget has been approved without provision for subsidy by GEJ. Can't they see that GEJ wants to create problem cuz as soon as GMB is sworn-in the corrupt subsidy cabal will commence strike to demand for subsidy.. But U haters of GMB and a better Nigeria shall only see the growth in Nigeria but shall never taste of it cuz u ve tilted to failure and hatred.. And so shall it be...
Amen,Amen,Amin.
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by ogawisdom(m): 7:08am On Apr 30, 2015
Mogidi:
Buhari would bring the price down to N40 abi, thats his promise to us na.

Buhari d professional liar will soon deny this when he is well guided jst d way he is denying banning AIT already

1 Like

Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 30, 2015
Realdeals:
Let him get their first, beside am wondering why we should be buying the crude oil we produce. I understand 445,000 barrel is been reserved daily for domestic consumption, this i believe is enough after refining. Therefore Nigerian should be paying only for transportation to the refinery, the cost of refining, cost of transportation from refinery to filling stations.

Meanwhile check >>> LIST OF 360 NEWLY ELECTED HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVE MEMBERS

It is Cuz of ur level of ignorance which millions of Nigerians always exhibit that keeps dragging us backward

1 Like

Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 30, 2015
TeamSimple:
Confused set of people calling themselves unions. Proper Semantics shows these set of people don't know what they want. They believe subsidy is a scam,and at the same time think it should not be removed. A case of semantic contradiction caused by epileptic brain. And some opposing fools will still come here to blame Buhari for this clear ignorance.

Don't mind dem. U see why we can never go forward. With this level of stu.pid.ity in a very important labour union, how can we go forward...

1 Like

Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Larow(m): 7:14am On Apr 30, 2015
Who are those mumus calling GMB here? What is his business over an already taken decision? I tot they said wise men hails 4rm d east? If all these igbos online represent the opinion and reasoning of others out there, then I wonder what becomes of a nation "Biafra" filled with such retards. Read and think b4 making comments u online Igbos abeg! I know why am calling u Igbos cos no other tribe attacks buhari senselessly. PEACE
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by TeamSimple(m): 7:18am On Apr 30, 2015
chuna1985:

Don't mind dem. U see why we can never go forward. With this level of stu.pid.ity in a very important labour union, how can we go forward...
Since Oshiomole left NLC,my trust for the NLC faded off.
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Realdeals(m): 7:19am On Apr 30, 2015
chuna1985:

It is Cuz of ur level of ignorance which millions of Nigerians always exhibit that keeps dragging us backward

Explain your contrary opinion
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by stpat1(m): 7:20am On Apr 30, 2015
ZACHIE:
Which subsidy anyway? The one Gej has already removed?
Abeggi. Let's remove it and flow with consequences; short time hardship , long time benefit.
We can't be doing this madness forever.

Thanks brother. Sometimes I wonder, Is it that even the NLC, TLC and the rest of them don't know the implication of the govt subsidizing petroleum products or they just chose to remain ignorant about how detrimental it is to the economy of the nation and how its a drain pipe for corrupt people to feast on.

How can you be subsidizing petroleum products and expect investors to invest their money in building refineries? Why not allow a free market and encourage healthy competition by allowing people sell as they buy.

I think the govt needs to educate the populace so that when the so called trade unions decided to go on strike, they will be on their own.

3 Likes

Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 30, 2015
When subsidy is removed and suffer start I no wan hear complain for this forum from the progressives ooo...you guys will surely have to suffer well to reap well....

While we suffer the jagaban and buhari would all be on an enjoying spree...

1 Like

Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by LajaLaba: 7:26am On Apr 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:

undecided

Olodo

If I ran off , will I still be here

Buhari when are you probing Tinubu and OBJ grin
Welcome back son!
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Larow(m): 7:28am On Apr 30, 2015
Mogidi:
How I wish God channeled d effort used in making u into creation of wildlife! Going by the topic above, if only u have a brain, I see nothing here dat concerns buhari! But u Igbos are just senseless haters of the incoming govt. D subsidy has already been removed by ur clueless GEJ so Buhari has gat nothing 2 do with dat. Just sit back and enjoy d new nigeria and stop hating cos haters will only see d development but won't benefit 4rm it. Advice 4 u!
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by olaide721(m): 7:28am On Apr 30, 2015
Mogidi:
I think he (buhari) called you to inform you right?
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Realdeals(m): 7:29am On Apr 30, 2015
taharqa:

What you wrote isn't true
Nigeria pays for those barrels of oil it reserves, at least it's cost. It is not free

Atleast the developmental cost, add this to the cost i mentioned, we shouldn't be buying refine product more than 50 naira. Even GMB in the last interview he had with TVC did not deny this fact, what he said about David West postulation is that petroleum product should not be made too cheap for Nigerian to avoid bunkering.

1 Like

Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by raymondclothing(m): 7:33am On Apr 30, 2015
Mogidi:
when did buhari promise u that bro
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by oriyemisola(m): 7:34am On Apr 30, 2015
What concern GMB about this issue now, when your oga Jona didn't include in 2015 budget. What have you NLC, TUC done to scarcity of fuel in this country pleas don't bring confusion to this nation and keep quite. Mumu union.
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by CyberWolf: 7:35am On Apr 30, 2015
All this APC touts here self...You have been shouting since that subsidy is a scam, GEJ is stealing money for subsidy that doesn't exist, Tam David West say there is nothing like subsidy..All this are Buhari's apostle. But just a tip of iceberg of the problem that will erupt when this subsidy is tampered with and you people are already denying..I'm not a Buhari supporter but I pray that he succeeds so that Nigeria will move forward. But what I won't take likely is when he starts complaining when he gets there instead of working...Nigerians hopes are very high and can be disastrous if their expectations are not met..
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by dwag: 7:36am On Apr 30, 2015
Now I know nlc and tuc are corrupt!! They don't ve a better plan for haija

1 Like

Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Curvinus(m): 7:45am On Apr 30, 2015
So TUC and NLC are happy to see Nigeria spending over N200 billion on fuel subsidy alone which goes into the pockets of a select few, while just about N700 billion is set aside for capital projects for the entire country?

Can these folks really beat their chests in all honesty and say they are fighting for the Nigerian people?

I'm not sure why these so called saviour of the people have decided to adopt this anti people posture. Yet I don't think I any bunch of doughnut eaters to tell me fuel subsidy is no longer sustainable in this day and time
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by fboycaestro12(m): 7:45am On Apr 30, 2015
Well it's not everybody that understands how things work. Was it Buhari that made new budget? The budget for 2015 has been concluded by the present administration, that's what they have in stock for us after the election just like they did 2012 January. They never included subsidy fee in their budget and it has been passed by NA. So which one is Buhari this Buhari that as if he's Merlin that will perform Magic. The present administration have been so bad that they want to frustrate the incoming government. God help us in this country
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by mickey45: 7:50am On Apr 30, 2015
4Play:

Can anyone explain these incongrous statements in bold please. A summary of what is claimed is as follows:

1) Trade unions warn against subsidy removal
2) Trade unions state there has never been subsidy

If 2) is true, 1) cannot be true. Both statements are mutually irreconciliable.

An exasperating thing I have noticed about Nigeria is that because corruption is so endemic, any claims about corruption is deemed to be true by a credulous populace even if the claims are patently false and so irrational as to defy common sense.

Thank God I'm not the only one who saw that. I thought I was thinking wrongly.
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by fboycaestro12(m): 7:53am On Apr 30, 2015
ogawisdom:

Buhari d professional liar will soon deny this when he is well guided jst d way he is denying banning AIT already

Ogawisdom.....I swear there's no wisdom at all. Even Coakroach get hope pass u.

Subsidy has already been removed by the present administration. The budget for 2015 has been done by GEJ led administration. They didn't release it until after election just like they did in 2012 January. Ogawisdom no be Buhari comot subsidy. I hope this helps you anyways

1 Like

Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Iykopee(m): 7:57am On Apr 30, 2015
There was no subsidy from the onset and pump price shudn't be tampered with by the incoming govt lest we take to the streets.
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Themandator: 8:00am On Apr 30, 2015
atlwireles:
APC said there is no subsidy, no shaking NLC, there is nothing to remove according to APC and the buharist crowd. grin grin grin grin

All OPEC member countries subsidizes the product.... Most of Nigeria's import comes from same source as that of Ghana and the thing doesn't sell for 40 naira in Ghana.... But here ovasabi people continues to say it is non existent.

Another thing, sell petroleum products at 40 and it will never be available in Nigeria because
there is a profitable market at that price around our borders.

Thankfully, the ball is now in their court to prove their submission.

1 Like

Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by dwag: 8:01am On Apr 30, 2015
Curvinus:
So TUC and NLC are happy to see Nigeria spending over N200 billion on fuel subsidy alone which goes into the pockets of a select few, while just about N700 billion is set aside for capital projects for the entire country?

Can these folks really beat their chests in all honesty and say they are fighting for the Nigerian people?
rightly said man...................its so obvious that its we ourself that's the problem..........very wrong motive unless am d one getting the TUC/NLC guys wrong
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Themandator: 8:02am On Apr 30, 2015
fboycaestro12:

Ogawisdom.....I swear there's no wisdom at all. Even Coakroach get hope pass u.

Subsidy has already been removed by the present administration. The budget for 2015 has been done by GEJ led administration. They didn't release it until after election just like they did in 2012 January. Ogawisdom no be Buhari comot subsidy. I hope this helps you anyways

Budget is not a secret document. It has been with NASS since last year and was only reconciled and sent to Mr president for assent, this week

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) / WTO Leadership Race Hits New Hurdle As Geneva Lockdown Returns / Omokri: I’ll Give You $100,000 If You Can Show Where CSU Registrar Denied Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.