Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari (23602 Views)

Release Ubah Or Face Our Wrath, IPOB Warns FG, DSS / Arewa Youths To FFK: Stop Insulting Buhari, Northern Leaders Or Face Our Wrath / We Have Used All Channels To Warn Buhari Over Shi’ite Leader – Iran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Themandator: 8:09am On Apr 30, 2015
fboycaestro12:
Well it's not everybody that understands how things work. Was it Buhari that made new budget? The budget for 2015 has been concluded by the present administration, that's what they have in stock for us after the election just like they did 2012 January. They never included subsidy fee in their budget and it has been passed by NA. So which one is Buhari this Buhari that as if he's Merlin that will perform Magic. The present administration have been so bad that they want to frustrate the incoming government. God help us in this country

Firstly, the incoming government doesn't believe in subsidy.
Secondly, Buhari is at liberty to bring the budget into consonance with his party manifesto through a revision or supplementary appropriation
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Curvinus(m): 8:09am On Apr 30, 2015
taharqa:

IGNORANCE

At least the guy youre calling ignorant tried his best to state a position which he beleives to be true. Its either you provide a superior information - that's assuming you have any - or you go back to the rules page of nairaland and by extension, to the classroom.
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 30, 2015
I really want to know how Buhari's APC will tackle this subsidy issue. NLC says subsidy is scam and APC said subsidy is scam, and Nigerians say that it is corruption not subsidy. Why is May 29 taking so long to come ? I want to see Buhari in action.

1 Like

Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 30, 2015
Realdeals:

Explain your contrary opinion

My post clearly explains itself. Its a belief that fuel subsidy does not exist.

How can a Nigerian say fuel subsidy does not exist(Thus suggesting we don't import gasoline n kerosene) when they have 4 very old refineries that are barely working. Gosh...
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Bizibi(m): 8:27am On Apr 30, 2015
Where they not the same people that started the occupy naija movement against the govt? Hypocrisy stinks......
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Blackfire(m): 8:55am On Apr 30, 2015
Buhari must remove subsidy
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by ogawisdom(m): 8:57am On Apr 30, 2015
fboycaestro12:

Ogawisdom.....I swear there's no wisdom at all. Even Coakroach get hope pass u.

Subsidy has already been removed by the present administration. The budget for 2015 has been done by GEJ led administration. They didn't release it until after election just like they did in 2012 January. Ogawisdom no be Buhari comot subsidy. I hope this helps you anyways

It takes a wise man to understand a wise man nt a pathological idi.ot like u. Ur post lacks facts to truly engage me, foolish man.

Go n reread my post n u will see dt lack of comprehension is ur major problem. Anyway y waste time on u, u may jst b a kindergaten kid on NL.

Buhari is a liar n speaks frm both sides of his mouth. Wat can one hope for in a 75yrs old president dt fail maths in his forged waec result. Pathetic angry
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Boss13: 9:14am On Apr 30, 2015
I just don't understand NLC and TUC. Has Oil subsidy ever been effective? Presently, there is fuel scarcity in the country as a result of Oil subsidy payment. Nigerians should truly ask NLC and TUC if they are fighting for the Nigerian interest or the interest of Oil marketers.

The government has consistently increased pump price because Fuel Subsidy is not sustainable. The fundamental problem has never been addressed and I think Nigerians are only asking that the price of fuel should reflect commercial realities and not utilize as a medium to perpetrate fraud.

NLC and TUC, please note that Nigerians actually do not need Fuel Subsidy, but reduced pump price and that can be achieved if our refineries are functioning properly and new refineries are built. The incoming administration should be looking at a way to award refinery licences to these oil marketers to build refineries and reduce the quota of importing refined fuel into the country.

On the other hand, NLC and TUC should be ashamed to be the mouthpiece for the country when its association is riddled with corruption.
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by 989900: 9:28am On Apr 30, 2015
Curvinus:
So TUC and NLC are happy to see Nigeria spending over N200 billion on fuel subsidy alone which goes into the pockets of a select few, while just about N700 billion is set aside for capital projects for the entire country?

Can these folks really beat their chests in all honesty and say they are fighting for the Nigerian people?

I'm not sure why these so called saviour of the people have decided to adopt this anti people posture. Yet I don't think I any bunch of doughnut eaters to tell me fuel subsidy is no longer sustainable in this day and time

Are you sure? I don't know about this year, but in 2011/2012, N1.3- N1.4trillion was paid in subsidy money.

1 Like

Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Realdeals(m): 9:32am On Apr 30, 2015
chuna1985:

My post clearly explains itself. Its a belief that fuel subsidy does not exist.

How can a Nigerian say fuel subsidy does not exist(Thus suggesting we don't import gasoline n kerosene) when they have 4 very old refineries that are barely working. Gosh...

chuna1985:

Don't mind dem. U see why we can never go forward. With this level of stu.pid.ity in a very important labour union, how can we go forward...
chuna1985:

It is Cuz of ur level of ignorance which millions of Nigerians always exhibit that keeps dragging us backward
No mind those labour fools
When people lack knowledge, the say very stup..id things... uncontrollably

You did not said anything on this thread, you only end up attacking other people's view

2 Likes

Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by fboycaestro12(m): 9:45am On Apr 30, 2015
ogawisdom:

It takes a wise man to understand a wise man nt a pathological idi.ot like u. Ur post lacks facts to truly engage me, foolish man.

Go n reread my post n u will see dt lack of comprehension is ur major problem. Anyway y waste time on u, u may jst b a kindergaten kid on NL.

Buhari is a liar n speaks frm both sides of his mouth. Wat can one hope for in a 75yrs old president dt fail maths in his forged waec result. Pathetic angry

I'm really shaking my head for you. You're a bitter loser and you're a true definition of a man in agony. Until the day you accept Buhari as your president, you will keep lamenting

1 Like

Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Tomreal(m): 9:47am On Apr 30, 2015
Mogidi:
Buhari would bring the price down to N40 abi, thats his promise to us na.
Bros, Buhari did not at any forum or campaign promise to bring down the price of PMS to N40. It was Prof Tam David-West who said so with a caveat. That it was his own price no Buhari's. Abeg, haters.
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by ransomed: 9:50am On Apr 30, 2015
Instead of NLC to fight for unpaid salary arrears of workers at the Federal, state and local govt. level, they are shouting about subsidy. Jonah and NOI are "sitting on people's sweat" where was NLC when they used Sure Problem(Sure-P) as conduit pipe to siphon our commonwealth? NLC should protect workers interest or forever park well.

1 Like

Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by blackandbold: 9:53am On Apr 30, 2015
Mogidi:
Buhari would bring the price down to N40 abi, thats his promise to us na.
u no well..I dey wonder where some clowns get this iimd news and propaganda.election don finish.no dey carry falsified info
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by onyxo76(m): 10:04am On Apr 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:
Baba One Chance

Where is our free food grin
no be gej still dey power abi you don swear buhari in for your end?
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Kings109: 10:20am On Apr 30, 2015
FG please get our refineries working
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by debo07(m): 10:23am On Apr 30, 2015
[quote author=chuna1985 post=33261897][/quote] hello d intelligent guy.You are d kind of slaves who love their chains.Stupid fellow.
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 30, 2015
Realdeals:

You did not said anything on this thread, you only end up attacking other people's view

OK, thanks.
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 30, 2015
debo07:
hello d intelligent guy.You are d kind of slaves who love their chains.Stupid fellow.

Huh, d post is broken.
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by rottenegg: 10:43am On Apr 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:
Baba One Chance
Where is our free food grin
Is that his new online name? Lmao!
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by BlackTechnology: 10:47am On Apr 30, 2015
rottenegg:

Is that his new online name? Lmao!

Yesooooooooooooo cheesy
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by rottenegg: 11:58am On Apr 30, 2015
I hope that Baba one Chance wont say this free food was not from him as dem dey claim 40naira pump price na David talk am!

Buch of two faced power grabbers with no viable agenda.

Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by islandmoon: 12:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
Remove the subsidy, too much scam is llinked to subsidy and NLC and TUC are part of corrupt acts
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by jpphilips(m): 1:40pm On Apr 30, 2015
Realdeals:
Let him get their first, beside am wondering why we should be buying the crude oil we produce. I understand 445,000 barrel is been reserved daily for domestic consumption, this i believe is enough after refining. Therefore Nigerian should be paying only for transportation to the refinery, the cost of refining, cost of transportation from refinery to filling stations.

Meanwhile check >>> LIST OF 360 NEWLY ELECTED HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVE MEMBERS

grin grin grin
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by jpphilips(m): 1:45pm On Apr 30, 2015
pstfr:
In as much as i'm not a fan of buhari, i must say that, if we re to make progress as a nation, fuel subsidy must be removed. No matter how you try u can never deal with the corruption in that sector. Come to think of it, with the current price of crude now below 60 dollar, i don't think subsidy is still needed.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by Goke7: 1:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
NLC AND TUC lost my respect with the way the compromised on the occupy Nigeria protest back in 2012 we would have still been buying fuel 65 naira or less now with the lower crude oil price if they had not messed up then so they should shut up cos they are one of the biggest problems in Nigeris now, where were they when 20billion dollars got missing?

NLC AND TUC should know that most Nigerians don't take them serious anymore
Re: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari by jpphilips(m): 4:18pm On Apr 30, 2015
Curvinus:

At least the guy youre calling ignorant tried his best to state a position which he beleives to be true. Its either you provide a superior information - that's assuming you have any - or you go back to the rules page of nairaland and by extension, to the classroom.

You don't owe an ignorant person anything, if he is comfortable in his ignorance to air it in public, so be it, if he doesn't have a clue, he should politely ask to be enlightened.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) / COVID-19: FG Won’t Reintroduce Total Lockdown Again - Boss Mustapha / WTO Leadership Race Hits New Hurdle As Geneva Lockdown Returns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.