Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,602 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? (33790 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. / Why Do Married Folk See A Pastor For Every Little Disagreement? / Pentecostal Pastors Are Satanic Agents - True worshipers Be Very Careful! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by lioness(f): 3:49pm On Jan 13, 2006
angry
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 4:12pm On Jan 13, 2006
Or in other words what's best for the pentecostal church
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by EddyTells(m): 4:27pm On Jan 13, 2006
luv u lioness kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by lioness(f): 4:38pm On Jan 13, 2006
@ Eddy................. kissdont make me cry again kiss
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 4:41pm On Jan 13, 2006
You cry all the time. Was he a model or something?
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by lioness(f): 4:50pm On Jan 13, 2006
L.O.L grin grin
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 5:06pm On Jan 13, 2006
Relax. I want a dancer really, still not found her yet. I wonder where is she hiding.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by EddyTells(m): 5:13pm On Jan 13, 2006
@ Chrisd just for the records, Lioness is mine smiley
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 5:21pm On Jan 13, 2006
You jealous because of my good looks wink
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by lioness(f): 5:22pm On Jan 13, 2006
@Eddy, u go baby kiss
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by otokx(m): 6:40pm On Jan 13, 2006
what are u peeps turning this place too?
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by EddyTells(m): 10:00am On Jan 16, 2006
U wishhhhhhhhh grin grin
[You jealous because of my good looks /quote]
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by otokx(m): 10:09am On Jan 16, 2006
please can u peeps deviate back into the topic?
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by lioness(f): 10:16am On Jan 16, 2006
okayyyyy butter cakes @ otokx smiley what do u think about the topic?
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by otokx(m): 10:20am On Jan 16, 2006
am already aired my view previously; its basically a difference of doctrine and culture which must be overcome by sincerity, purpose and love.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by EddyTells(m): 10:07am On Jan 17, 2006
air some more views
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by nferyn(m): 10:16am On Jan 17, 2006
otokx:

am already aired my view previously; its basically a difference of doctrine and culture which must be overcome by sincerity, purpose and love.
Spot on. If sincerity, purpose and love are not strong enough, doctrine and culture wil carry the day. It all depends on what the partners find more important, where their priorities lie.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by viviansam(f): 4:59pm On Jan 18, 2006
otokx:

please can u peeps deviate back into the topic?

I had a similar thing before my marriage. I was born and bred in the catholic faith. I got married to my husband who is Pentecostal. before our marriage, we agreed that we want a united family and naturally I dont believe that I will drag him to my church except if he wishes to. I dont think its right to drag a man to ur church in marriage against his will.

Today I attend his church(our church)No body should reject a man she truly loves on the basis of denominational differences. I don't think its right. We pray to and worship one God. My parents who posed a little problem to our marriage cos of the differences in our denomination had to accept my position. U are marrying him not his church and religion. Besides what will make a marriage strong is not dependent on the denomination one attends.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 5:12pm On Jan 18, 2006
The thing is that you are Catholic and he is pentecostal. Most catholics accept other ways, not so for pentecostals. You got to be pentecostal.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 5:18pm On Jan 18, 2006
In fact that's what happened. I never came across a pentecostal who done the same, and started going to catholic church. That's a fact
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 5:21pm On Jan 18, 2006
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by lioness(f): 9:57am On Jan 19, 2006
You are so right. I totally share the same views. Am inlove with a catholic smiley and i aint leaving him on no denominational ground. My folks are crazy abt him too. wink

[I had a similar thing before my marriage. I was born and bred in the catholic faith. I got married to my husband who is Pentecostal. before our marriage, we agreed that we want a united family and naturally I don't believe that I will drag him to my church except if he wishes to. I don't think its right to drag a man to your church in marriage against his will.

Today I attend his church(our church)No body should reject a man she truly loves on the basis of denominational differences. I don't think its right. We pray to and worship one God. My parents who posed a little problem to our marriage because of the differences in our denomination had to accept my position. U are marrying him not his church and religion. Besides what will make a marriage strong is not dependent on the denomination one attends./quote]
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by viviansam(f): 10:26am On Jan 19, 2006
Stick to ur heart dear.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 11:17am On Jan 19, 2006
We ain't that bad. One has to get the time to know us.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by lioness(f): 11:27am On Jan 19, 2006
i was really touched by your story with the pentecostal chic. Dont let it get you bias and dont let it stop you from loving another pentecostal gurl ok.
Similar thing happend to me but i didnt let it stop me from loving another catholic guy.
I think it just depends on the individual.
Wish you loads of luck with the next one kiss
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 11:44am On Jan 19, 2006
Let's hope so. I got a lot more picky now. I mean, I learnt my lesson. Went to her pentecostal church several times, she never came to my church, not even once.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by cdubb77(m): 2:57pm On Jan 23, 2006
Hello all. I’ve read the previous posts and some very interesting opinions. My girl is Catholic and I’m Pentecostal. I’m looking to propose in March. We both attend each other’s church often. We’ve discussed the differences and the similarities. We have a great relationship. Our only issue is where do we get married. I don’t want to get married in her church. I don’t mind her priest doing the wedding but she really wants to get married in her church and I don’t want to. We just got into a disagreement about this yesterday. Her priest said that it’s not a problem for us to get married in another church. I even told her that we don’t have to get married in a pentecostal church or by my pastor. Opinions please. Thanks.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 3:35pm On Jan 23, 2006
That the point I am trying to make. Pentecostals under no circumstances want to marry in catholic church. And most catholics do not have problems with other churches. How are pentecostals so prejudiced. Know ot alls.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 3:36pm On Jan 23, 2006
If you have such a problem with that, you should call it quits. Is much better. I talk from experience here.

God Bless
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by WesleyanA(f): 12:55am On Jan 24, 2006
I guess the bride-to-be and "most catholics do not have problems with other churches" don't go together.
she obviously is a catholic who doesn't want to get married in a penticostal church.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by jclord(f): 6:10am On Jan 24, 2006
I hope my 2 cents will help . The Bible says do not be unequally yoked to an unbeliever. Even though Catholics believe they are Christians they fail to understand that the word Christian means follower of Christ. Jesus Christ is the word made flesh and lived and walked on this earth. To follow in his foot steps mean to worship God the Father as he did. Jesus never prayed to his mother nor his father. He also never prayed to Moses(i.e saints or dead priest) nor any other believer of the word of God who died before he came to earth.

Right now this young lady may not care that much what her future husband believes but one day she may become closer to God and may become uncomfortable with some of the pagan/animist beliefs of the Catholic church. If this happens she will experience such pain that no one can fully explain to her right now to help her comprehend it. I have been their I would not recommend this kind of mix marriage even to an enemy. It is too painful to explain. Love alone cannot keep a marriage going. You need God, especially when you have children and to handle all the many challenges of life. I hope God will guide you to the right decision. I know many people who are in this painful position right now !

Put your relationship with God first follwed by your relationship with husband family work etc. If you put God first you cannot go wrong. Remember life on earth is short but eternity is for ever!!
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by wahalaman(m): 8:36am On Jan 24, 2006
When Jesus was teaching here some 2000+ years ago he didn't preach against or for any religion. The only doctrine he always stress was the doctrine of LOVE,
Being attached to religion can be dangerous. If you love your husband and he loves you , you guys will work out something that wont shake the union of marriage. As for me I do not get carried away by my religion, I only do the will of God not the will of Men. Follow your heart gurl.... no shaking... no yawa, na one God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo / "N42million Tithe In Benue Is Chicken Feed" - Bishop Kukah / A different View on COZA Sex Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.