Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,594 members, 7,955,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:00 PM

Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering (43019 Views)

Two Prostitutes Kill Customer In Ogun Over Money (Photo) / Nigerian Pastor In Houston, US, Stabs His Wife Over Money. Graphic Photos / Man Steals N214,000 Church Tithe In Lagos And He Gets 6 Month Jail Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by Rotimi47: 8:40pm On Apr 30, 2015
After losing the election Jonathan now want to do something tangible, na wa for this man as he is just waking up after 6years; same with soldiers invading sambisa Forest.
Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by mickey45: 8:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
thorpido:
He has been given an option of fine of N3million.Mtcheeew

They should be sent to jail without an option of fine
Me thinks fines shd exceed d amt convictd 4. People like d Igbinedion.Are d reason dat state is d only state in d s.South that doesn't pay her indigenes bursary or scholarship, mayb Oshobaba's monthly rent 2 BHTinubu n co. leaves nothing left 4 bursary either. Cos they always complained then wen ordinary Bayelsa was paying Almost 36K
Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by JaaizTech: 8:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
Dragonking:

[size=19pt]Read the write up properly. He is a free man. He was given option of N3m fine payment..The guy will pay once and walk home free.

This country judiciary system is useless!!!!
[/size]
Men, one shouldn't take seriiusly the many posts on Nairaland. Can't believe people can't read and understand just these few paragraphs This judgement is a hogwash, the judge should be jailed, He simply said Michael Igbinedion could walk away with the 25billion after paying a 3 million naira fine!!!

1 Like

Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by Charly68: 9:09pm On Apr 30, 2015
Yeye people,if it is a man that steals goat or sheep or yam they would have sent him to 26 years in prisonment . What is wrong in this country self. Somebody stole Govenor Aregbesola's phone few years ago he was sentenced to 25 years or thereabout ..look at this undeterent judgement ,what lesson has others to learn? Yeye court
Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by eightsin(m): 9:13pm On Apr 30, 2015
What is 3 million to these people! He is going Scot free

1 Like

Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by eightsin(m): 9:15pm On Apr 30, 2015
Charly68:
Yeye people,if it is a man that steals goat or sheep or yam they would have sent him to 26 years in prisonment . What is wrong in this country self. Somebody stole Govenor Aregbesola's phone few years ago he was sentenced to 25 years or thereabout ..look at this undeterent judgement ,what lesson has others to learn? Yeye court

Just imagine! 25 years for phone while they give this guy 6 years or an option of 3 million fine for stealing millions
Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by dubemivan(m): 9:27pm On Apr 30, 2015
From what I read Op... I believe the Governor himself was innocent. Scam!!!!
Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by thorpido(m): 9:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
mickey45:

Me thinks fines shd exceed d amt convictd 4. People like d Igbinedion.Are d reason dat state is d only state in d s.South that doesn't pay her indigenes bursary or scholarship, mayb Oshobaba's monthly rent 2 BHTinubu n co. leaves nothing left 4 bursary either. Cos they always complained then wen ordinary Bayelsa was paying Almost 36K
Lucky Igbinedion is one the people that really messed up that state.He didn't do much to make Edo state grow during his tenure.
Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 30, 2015
Our judiciary is a rat judiciary. How can sombody launder 25billion naira and u are given a fine of 3million to evade sentence....... useless justice

1 Like

Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by oweman: 10:21pm On Apr 30, 2015
FOR THOSE WITH EARS TO HEAR !!
Gradually the prophesy of that ibadan pastor that Good Luck Jonathan will serve 7 years imprisonment with hard labour after leaving office is fast taking shape .
Sentencing any of the Igbinedons to serve even one day in the GULAD is good news no matter convictiin is conviction .
THEY ARE BARAWOS , and deserve be convicted .
Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by juwoonn(m): 10:37pm On Apr 30, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Very light sentence don't be suprised if he is out after 3 yearsangry

He was even given an option of 3 million

*****spits on judicial system***** angry
His jail term is just 2 yrs.

2yrs on each of 3 count charges to be served concurrently.. That's 2yrs (he will run 3 different terms @once)

1 Like

Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by Tonason: 10:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/04/30/money-laundering-igbinedion-gets-6-year-jail-term/

Don't waste your time reading this scrap unless you have done so already, because nobody is going to jail here. There are just fooling themselves. NA them them.
Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by betterpikinn: 11:20pm On Apr 30, 2015
januzaj:
only you 25billion......walai o ni she orire.....aye e ma baje gbeyin ni......am 100% sure that was how his father became a billionaire .......NAIJA I BOW OOOO....steal nokia 3310c....life imprisonment.....steal 25billion naira.....two years imprisonment or 3million fine.....
Don't mind the Bastard lawyers we have in this country.
WOE UNTO THEM ALL angry
Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by Abugab(m): 11:21pm On Apr 30, 2015
Bunkum!!!
How can someone who laundered such huge amount of the people's money get 6 years jail term?
To add insult to the injury, he has an option of 3 million naira fine.
Utter rubbish..............

1 Like

Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by Kojochyke(m): 11:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
if u push drugs worth millions,u get killed in Indonesia.if u steal handset u get shot in nigeria..bt if u steal billions and make people suffer in nigeria,d govt smiles at u n asks u to return 3 million n kip d change in ur pocket..na wa..#stealingnorbecorruption.

1 Like

Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by Paentera(m): 12:09am On May 01, 2015
Option of N3m fine. That wrapped it.

1 Like

Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by NobleG1(m): 12:12am On May 01, 2015
He was sentenced to 6 years imprisonment for stealing and laundering 25 Billion naira and on top of that, was given an option to pay 3 million to get him off the hook. While a female staff of Sweet Sensation was jailed for 266 years for stealing 8 million naira. What a terrible injustice!

Nigerian law is indeed for the poor. Nigerians get what they deserve. We allowed injustice to prevail!

1 Like

Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by Nobody: 12:14am On May 01, 2015
just 6 years... in a country like China, he would get more.
Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by NobleG1(m): 12:17am On May 01, 2015
Rich people don't go to prison in Nigeria.
Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by Silasthegreat(m): 1:08am On May 01, 2015
What a rape of justice!!! Concurrently means one year or he pays 3 million and goes free!!!!
Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by Nobody: 1:23am On May 01, 2015
NobleG1:
He was sentenced to 6 years imprisonment for stealing and laundering 25 Billion naira and on top of that, was given to pay 3 million to get him off the hook. While a female staff of Sweet Sensation was jailed for 266 years for stealing 8 million naira. What a terrible injustice!

Nigerian law is indeed for poor people. Nigerians get what they deserve. We allowed injustice to prevail!
That would serve 14 years because her sentences run concurrently.
Anyway, I agree the penal code could be amended to institute harsher punishments for billionaire thieves
Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by Okijajuju1(m): 8:38am On May 01, 2015
6 years for stealing 25 Billion of public.. shocked

14 years for two men being in love with each other..

The Law sometimes dey tire me..

Please set them free jor, 6 years is nothing.
Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by Onyeudo1: 8:39am On May 01, 2015
This is an encouragement for people
To steal and go free.what is 6years imprisonment. And even option of 3million
Chai! Too bad . Which way Nigeria .
Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by M4gunners: 9:04am On May 01, 2015
6yrs only? Anyway better than none. Weldon Judge
Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by Maghan37: 9:24am On May 01, 2015
Like they say whatever is worth doing is worth doing well.So if u want to kill,kill a lot of pple so that when u get caught u get a comfortable jail. So if u embezzle money voluminously u get a comfortable prison.
Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by Nobody: 9:51am On May 01, 2015
This makes me want to steal undecided
Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by smartmom(f): 10:54am On May 01, 2015
What is 3 million to a billionaire? He will most likely write them a cheque and throw it at them and walk away as a 'hero' Nonsense
Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:53pm On May 01, 2015
mickey45:

In "normal" countries (not the ones where the animals have learned to walk upright and speak like humans) the amount stolen is retrieved in its entirety separate from the fine--- which is usually astronomical (usually double the amount stolen). If the money stolen cannot be fully recovered, the assets of the convicted are forfeited and the proceeds deducted from the total stolen. Whatever is owed (monies that couldn't be recovered) IS NOT "forgiven" and will now be a debt to the state owed by the convict and must be paid in its entirety(Restitution). While the convict is in prison, any monies earned (gifts etc), is seized; the State gets paid first. Even if you get a $10 gift, but have to pay back i.e N25Billion in Restitution(monies stolen), plus a fine of N50Billion--- the $10 is garnished and deducted from the N75Billion. All this is in addition to the lengthy jail term (usually 10-15yrs or more) that has been imposed. (Re)Payment is enforced even while the convict is incarcerated. Sentences are also served fully.

That's how you stop and discourage governmental corruption. Your country men are born crooks and theft and criminality is a part of their DNA. They have no intentions of changing.
Re: Igbinedion Gets 6-year Jail Term Over Money Laundering by twentycent(m): 3:07pm On May 01, 2015
If this news is true that he will be in Jail for @least 1hr, I will trek frm my room to my living room..I try na and will expect my landlords handshake.

Twentycent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Businessman Beheaded On His Way To Osun State (Graphic Photos) / Man Steals N104,000 Phones With Rope In Lagos / "Oryina Orvaa @OryinaDegreat Kidnapped & Raped Me" - Liz @abbyollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.