Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job (20413 Views)

Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos / In Desperate Need Of A Job / Funny Things That Can Happen In A Job Interview (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by Nobody: 12:01am On May 01, 2015
Hmmmm.......so true sha

Please check my signature too. Thanks.
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by coolestca(m): 12:06am On May 01, 2015
k
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by kindnyce(m): 12:06am On May 01, 2015
YOU WILL DO MUCH MORE THAN THAT WHEN THE HARSH REALITY OF THE LABOR MARKET BITES HARDER lipsrsealed
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by nkemjacob2(m): 12:11am On May 01, 2015
one latest deperate measures. For the HND and Bsc holders. U prepare two c.v one for ssce and bsc/hnd, or if there is OND.. So incase any company demand any of the qualifications dey need u submit that one... God help us, all dis politicians done spoil our country for us

2 Likes

Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by nkemjacob2(m): 12:16am On May 01, 2015
kindnyce:
YOU WILL DO MUCH MORE THAN THAT WHEN THE HARSH REALITY OF THE LABOR MARKET BITES HARDER lipsrsealed
my brother we dont pray for that.. D 1 we are facing is too much, we are prayin for God's mercy right now... D economy is sumtin else
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by Godsonkemz(m): 12:49am On May 01, 2015
You have a point.
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by tunnary(m): 1:16am On May 01, 2015
Dnt wanna wanna engage in odd means
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by joe84(m): 2:00am On May 01, 2015
gate-crashing. i remember a friend got info on NL nd gate crashed nd later got d job. over 170k salary ,fear no allow me go. d nxt week afta he got d job. me self went to gatecrash. dey had given me d materials for d test. till dey found out my name no dey list. i beg tire d fine hr babe was having none of it. geting to d road no keke or bus. had to trek half of agidiingbi road. O boy no be small God will provide urs
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by yemolz: 2:46am On May 01, 2015
All is worth doing, except the last one, CRIME DOES NOT WORTH IT ALL because OF UNEMPLOYMENT grin
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by Jonwesley(m): 3:34am On May 01, 2015
KillerBeauty:
Visiting newspaper stand every morning to read all d newspaper not because of news but the search for job. They don't usually buy the papers o they just skip through all of them and go.

You mean skim? How come, skip? The op made good points but marred by wrong usage of tenses. A place he wrote "their" instead of "there".
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by kilokeys(m): 4:33am On May 01, 2015
Giving a particular uncle ur CV grin and going to rest.. only to find out u have wasted 4 months cos of yr sentimentalism, nt wanting to hurt his feelings if he eventually lands u the job when u hav gotten another..

brother, sister.... cast ur bread upon many waters and u shall find dem after many days..

e no dey pass, Uncle Dennis. thank You very much.. i don see work.. can i refer my best friend , kilokeys.. he is d one jobless atm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by ednut1(m): 5:23am On May 01, 2015
joe84:
gate-crashing. i remember a friend got info on NL nd gate crashed nd later got d job. over 170k salary ,fear no allow me go. d nxt week afta he got d job. me self went to gatecrash. dey had given me d materials for d test. till dey found out my name no dey list. i beg tire d fine hr babe was having none of it. geting to d road no keke or bus. had to trek half of agidiingbi road. O boy no be small God will provide urs
he don provide since sir grin
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by valenu(m): 5:45am On May 01, 2015
KillerBeauty:
Visiting newspaper stand every morning to read all d newspaper not because of news but the search for job. They don't usually buy the papers o they just skip through all of them and go.

Skim through not skip through
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by 2scorehigh(m): 5:58am On May 01, 2015
It's a pity, what our youths are going through, but I'm glad there's always a way out.
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by davido0849: 6:05am On May 01, 2015
Accepting any job offer with a poor salary, even if u know quite well that the job is completely out of ur course of study.

3 Likes

Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by Zeze06(m): 6:20am On May 01, 2015
True! Some people will suddenly call their frnds they've not been in touch for ages as soon as they get d news of their employments...just to ask em how they got it and if they could help them... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by charzyh2: 6:25am On May 01, 2015
sirugos:
Too long to read
That's too long to read? No wonder they say if you want to hide anything from a Nigerian, put it inside a book because he will never read it.
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by charzyh2: 6:28am On May 01, 2015
Jonwesley:

You mean skim? How come, skip? The op made good points but marred by wrong usage of tenses. A place he wrote "their" instead of "there".
Are we in an english class?
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by MrHighSea: 6:29am On May 01, 2015
Some abandon donkey jobs 4 PG.
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by loverprince(m): 6:37am On May 01, 2015
i don Sack my boss, internet money is d way
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by charzyh2: 6:45am On May 01, 2015
Having been through all the comments, I noticed some blame it on the government. They forgot that credentials is meant to be an added value but the have turned it to their worst enemy. No wonder Obasanjo said Nigerian youths don't think. The truth is if you are yet to conduct feasibility study before graduation, you don't have any other option but to join the army of unemployment. Study China and be wise
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by echelons(m): 7:13am On May 01, 2015
davido0849:
Accepting any job offer with a poor salary, even if u know quite well that the job is completely out of ur course of study.

True. I remember rejecting an offer from the school I did my NYSC to continue as their principal administrator on a 40k monthly salary. It was a risky move but I'm far ahead now. Earning far more than what I was to be paid, and the good news is that I only stayed 3 months before getting the job and and an extra 3 months before starting.
I'm lucky though, and I bless God.
It's all about knowing what you want and knowing your worth and then hoping.
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by Shigoboy(m): 7:16am On May 01, 2015
ademega:

In my buying and selling business
OP plz what do you buy and sell? I'm a fresh grad, thinking of business to do with my little save.

1 Like

Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by mickey45: 7:51am On May 01, 2015
ednut1:
gate-crashing. i remember a friend got info on NL nd gate crashed nd later got d job. over 170k salary ,fear no allow me go. d nxt week afta he got d job. me self went to gatecrash anoda coy test. dey had given me d materials for d test. till dey found out my name no dey list. i beg tire d fine hr babe was having none of it. geting to d road no keke or bus. had to trek half of agidiingbi road grin

How do u know of d test/interview date n venue when u weren't invited? I jst want to learn pls
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by Segse(m): 9:04am On May 01, 2015
ademega:
In my buying and selling business
Ok that's nice
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by mightyrocket(m): 9:10am On May 01, 2015
Here to read comments
Can't do 1 and 2 sha
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by ednut1(m): 9:20am On May 01, 2015
mickey45:

How do u know of d test/interview date n venue when u weren't invited? I jst want to learn pls
continuous browsing of NL job section. dats all. not all tests can be gatecrashed tho
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by Xerum(m): 9:21am On May 01, 2015
TRYING TRAVELLING OUT OF THE COUNTRY:
Millions of unemployed youths are getting out of Nigeria on daily basis. Just name a country where you will not find Nigerians, even war turn countries like Syria, Libya, Pakistan, Sudan are host to Nigerians. Some will tell you they are their hunting for job or schooling. They left on the fact they were unemployed. Most left this country in most barbaric and pathetic way: through morocco, down to the deadly sea en route Italy. Tens of Africans most especially Nigerians lose their lives on daily bases. Most painful is the fact that some regret ever going down after getting to know that it’s not that rosy at the other side too. Many had to face deportation after so many years of illegal stay in the country, getting them back to square one. There was this fact too that there is hardly any prison in this world that you won’t find at least a Nigerian.

@Op,

Which kind daylight lying be this na?

The bolded part is happening and we still have unemployed youths left in Nigeria? Take time o. cheesy grin
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by mickey45: 9:31am On May 01, 2015
ednut1:
continuous browsing of NL job section. dats all. not all tests can be gatecrashed tho

Like Which Ones Cannot? Thanks 4 Answering
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by ednut1(m): 9:36am On May 01, 2015
mickey45:

Like Which Ones Cannot? Thanks 4 Answering
learn urself ok grin
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by Nobody: 10:57am On May 01, 2015
Op, you forgot to add "gmabling". Unemployment has made most of our youths regular customers to gambling houses hoping they're gonna hit big time one day, but that one day, only God knows when it will come.

2 Likes

Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by scarr: 8:39am On May 02, 2015
enaijize:
We are currently recruiting some excellent bloggers to join the Enaijize blog team. If you think you’re one helluva blogger, let us know by sending an email to contact@enaijize.com.

See you later!

http://enaijize.com/blog/2015/04/30/greetings-enaijizers/
How much is ur renumeration?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Follow This Thread For Lagos Jobs / N-Build Applicants To Commence Physical Verification Next Week / Have I Been Scammed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.