Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,692 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Have I Been Scammed? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have I Been Scammed? (20406 Views)

Help! I Have Been Scammed / I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? / How I Scammed Lagos Job Scammers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have I Been Scammed? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 24, 2015
Am a young graduate who has finished service since 2013, don't have a job yet. As at wednesday last week, a pastor of my church who is aware of my plight reffered me to one Mr xx whose "office" is at suite C038, kaduna 1 plaza, trade fair lagos.

I was told that the man operates an agency that links people up to jobs and that there is a vacancy for a store keeper of my age and that I should met him on thursday. On thursday after meeting him, he asked me who linked me, I told him the pastors name, he also told me to pay #3000 for service charge, I was skeptical about it, but I did it. I was handed a letter and told to go to the company which located at number 1 glass road mafoluku, oshodi lagos. It was a nigerian breweries ware house. I was told to meet the HR guy who when I met him, requested for my C.V. And told me that he would get back to me. Since then, I have not heared from any of them.

But then am tempted to think that its a scam, because

1.The job linking stuff sounds too good to be true.

2. When I got to the ware house and asked for the HR guy, the workers said they didn't know any body like that and that I should refer to the next ware house. On my way to the next ware house the HR guy Intercepted me.

3. The 3k I was asked to pay.

But on the other hand am still tempted to believe its real because

1. I know the pastor very well. He lives in my neighbourhood and has a good reputation, when I expressed my concerns to him he vouched for the mr sammy and said he knows someone who got a job through the agency.

2. While asking for directions to the “job agency office" many people reffered to mr Bleep as the man that helps people with job.

Honestly I don't know what to think of it. Anyone that know anything about this job agency should please help me confirm the details.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by StPete: 4:36pm On Jun 24, 2015
I’m hopeful and do not think it’s a scam. Just be patient. Remember to let us know when it comes.

Now I'm ftc, what's all the fuss about it anyways? undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by raayah(f): 4:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
I'm hoping that it is not a scam!!
It doesn't sound bad so far except for the 3k.

4 Likes

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by prevail23(m): 4:55pm On Jun 24, 2015
its not a scam..I think u didn't get d job

4 Likes

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 24, 2015
raayah:
I'm hoping that it is not a scam!!
It doesn't sound bad so far except for the 3k.

That's the point, I was alsso told that if I get the job, half of my first salary would be the agencys own.
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 24, 2015
prevail23:
its not a scam..I think u didn't get d job

Honestly I was told that the job was already mine, that was why I should pay the 3k. Infact mr xx assured me that if I meet the hr guy I would be given my employment letter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by CHM11: 5:13pm On Jun 24, 2015
If he wanted to scam you, he would have asked much much more than 3K.

Additionally, you should remove that picture and the man's name so that you don't dent his image and also reduce your chances of getting the job.

Call him to make any further confirmation about your application.

Careful how you share sensitive info next time as employers don't like people who can't keep things away from the public. Talking from experience.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by kazzonline: 6:24pm On Jun 24, 2015
This method of employment i tot it had gone into extinct na ,it was mainly used 2004/2005 the mr x u said is just an agent,and as he said the 3k u paid is for servixe charge,the letter he gave u doesnt gurantee a job 100 percent go back to the man,he might direct u with anoda letter else where

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by koligs: 7:43pm On Jun 24, 2015
No, u have been employed..

3 Likes

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by kay29000(m): 7:44pm On Jun 24, 2015
Hmm!
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by FISAYOADEX(m): 7:45pm On Jun 24, 2015
Yes!
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by tym92(m): 7:45pm On Jun 24, 2015
Space booked
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 24, 2015
In calabar man voice

***u neva see something **
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by Shaadey: 7:45pm On Jun 24, 2015
can't say...but if you think so then it is
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by NJPot(m): 7:46pm On Jun 24, 2015
yes. one chance
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by ShakurM(m): 7:46pm On Jun 24, 2015
One of the red flags of getting scammed is

- Strange requests ( Paying for a Job, very ridiculous.
)

I'm sorry, I think u have just been scammed.

What they do is do same for like 100 people. ( #3000 X 100) . Your pastor just became #300,000 richer.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by damiloladuke: 7:47pm On Jun 24, 2015
omo no be small thing

READ THE FUNNY PERSONAL DIARY OF A JOBLESS NAIJA YOUTH HERE
www.wenogetjob..com
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 24, 2015
cool
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by Chiefpriest1(m): 7:48pm On Jun 24, 2015
I think you should be a bit patient. It's too early to point accusing fingers,especially given the fact that you trust the man who referred you there.

By the way, did you say the agency would be collecting half of your salary for the whole period you would work there or just for the first month?
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by Leward(m): 7:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
front page
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by peemyke(f): 7:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
Doesn't sound like scam to me undecided...mayb u r jst scared ur 3k wil enta voice mail

1 Like

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by mencade4: 7:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
them don nack you oooo

check my signature.

vote this young astute leader.tomorrow

vote iamkingzlee
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by mcdokwe(m): 7:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by yomalex(m): 7:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by ochestraone(m): 7:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
learn to take things easy.. Be calm ok
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by TheRealAdonye(m): 7:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
Yes
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by RichDad1(m): 7:50pm On Jun 24, 2015
Almost
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by Viktor1983(m): 7:50pm On Jun 24, 2015
since he stays in ur hood, I don't think 3000 will be scam, but with the kinda hunger in the land right now anything is possible.

3000 x 100 job seekers?
choi money dey am!

1 Like

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by sheddo619(m): 7:50pm On Jun 24, 2015
CHM11:
If he wanted to scam you, he would have asked much much more than 3K.

Additionally, you should remove that picture and the man's name so that you don't dent his image and also reduce your chances of getting the job.

Call him to make any further confirmation about your application.

Careful how you share sensitive info next time as employers don't like people who can't keep things away from the public. Talking from experience.
forget dat tin oga,dem tell u say na onli him apply,multiply dat 3k by at least 1000 people,u would knw dat it's a lot of moni
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by rejoice4eva(m): 7:50pm On Jun 24, 2015
May God save our generation.
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by richyfunky(m): 7:50pm On Jun 24, 2015
king size SCAM, just forget abt d 3k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by tociano009(m): 7:50pm On Jun 24, 2015
You are crying because of 3k, take it easy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army Begins Massive Recruitment Of 9,000 Officials – Ihejirika / 180 Ekiti Assembly Workers Lose Job / My Friend Is Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.