Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos (28424 Views)

Nigerians React To The Suspension Of SGF Lawal & NIA DG Ayo Oke / State House Press Release On The Suspension Of SGF Lawal And DG NIA Oke / Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by ImperialYoruba: 5:22am On May 01, 2015
Members of the All Progressives Congress, APC who are of Igbo origins are divided over who becomes the next secretary to the government of the federation, SGF, as the fight for the post has split them into three bitterly divided camps.

Under Nigeria’s complex zoning arrangement, the SGF has been zoned to the Igbo-speaking southeast geo-political zone and the race has begun to find a suitable candidate to fill the spot.

After several meeting held by the APC’s southeast caucus in Abuja it has been unable to reach an agreement on the nominees to be submitted for the positions of SGF and ministerial positions, Nigerian Newswatch can report.

Yesterday, the caucus met again at the Imo State governor’s lodge in Abuja at the instance of Governor Rochas Okorocha but the meeting ended in stalemate.

A party source at the meeting said they were unable to reach agreement because the three top contenders Dr Ogbonnaya Onu, Senator Chris Ngige and the current secretary to Imo State government, Professor Anthony Anwuka failed to yield ground for one another.

He added: “The leaders met to consider nominee for the post of the SGF which has been ceded to the zone. However, the meeting was divided on whether to forward one name or the three names but later resolved to send three names to the president-elect to decide whom to choose.”

http://www.naij.com/430828-igbos-split-over-post-of-secretary-of-the-federation.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by ImperialYoruba: 5:24am On May 01, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by momentum85(m): 5:28am On May 01, 2015
I think Ngige is fit for d position. he who suffer with Baba shall enjoy with him.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by madridguy(m): 5:33am On May 01, 2015
All Na pocket infastructure...must dey fight over everything.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by politricks: 5:37am On May 01, 2015
I would like chris ngige to get the slot.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by ziccoit: 5:44am On May 01, 2015
This is normal in every working democracy. We disagree to agree, fight to befriend , abuse to disabuse in as much as the end product is positive and going to benefit the common masses nothing do them.

43 Likes

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by modath(f): 5:45am On May 01, 2015
Dr Ogbonaya Onu will get the post not only because he is a seasoned,well respected and loyal party man but in the interest of equity; cos CPC got the presidency, CAN the VP, its only fair ANPP gets it while saraki of n-pdp fills the Senate presidency position.

Ngige's medical experience makes him a shoo in for the minister of health position ( he retired as director to pursue his political aspirations), so he knows what the job entails and like onyebuchi chukwu did for ebonyi ( establishment of 2 Fed Med centres), he will be able to do more for his people.

Thank God the misdirected zeal of the "we no want" tribal jingoists/warlords is getting weaker and weaker by the day.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Redoil: 5:45am On May 01, 2015
And that was how Yoruba and awusa people fight over such durring gej tenure. Shameless people

2 Likes

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by raumdeuter: 5:46am On May 01, 2015
Greed na him go kill some people

When they gave them Senate President between 1999-2007 they fought until we had 5 within 8yrs

When North Central got the Senate President we didnt hear any fight

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Nobody: 5:47am On May 01, 2015
If Mrs Ezekwesili was amongst the contenders, I would have rooted for her appointment. But amongst the aforementioned front-runners, Ogbonnaya Onu should get the job. He is one Nigerian politician I know of, who has been in the opposition; right from the defunct ANPP to the APC.
His loyalty to Buhari's parties, all these years, should count for something. And he also has executive experience being a former Abia governor.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Richiez(m): 5:52am On May 01, 2015
and you said it divided the igbos? what kind of title is that?

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Ponponkon: 6:04am On May 01, 2015
Dr Anyim Nyerere is the right man for the post of SGF, he's a very articulate pure Ngwa breed that does not compromise on quality. Because of Anyim Eze Ikonne made Buhari a Chief which was why Buhari won the election.

1 Like

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by about2wed(m): 6:17am On May 01, 2015
booked

ngige worth it

2 Likes

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by GogetterMD(m): 6:28am On May 01, 2015
Ogbonnaya Onu for me. The cap fits him, loyalty is there, he's astute, and he has a clean slate. Ngige would get something else

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Nobody: 6:45am On May 01, 2015
Okk
Uh na don start.?
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by pazienza(m): 6:46am On May 01, 2015
Silly thread. So, those three men that out of their self benefits joined the Odua-Arewa gang up, aka APC, now represent Ndiigbo?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Aegon(m): 6:48am On May 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

When they gave them Senate President between 1999-2007 they fought until we had 5 within 8yrs

Ethnic Warlord, Get a life. Pray tell us who fought Etteh in the house of reps speakership? When she was finally removed by the "integrity group" we all saw how Mr integrity Bankole set the record as the most monumental fraud in the house. I should also remind you that your own western reps denied Mulikat being Speaker. Rather sell out than have her. Wanna talk about greed? Greed is Jakande spying on Awolowo in order to Curry favours and cash from Babangida. This gross betrayal led to the Good mans death. Greed is when some Obas including the Lagoon one travel to Abuja to collect bribes over the cowardly murder of MKO.

76 Likes 8 Shares

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by stinggy(m): 6:50am On May 01, 2015
It is between Onu and Ngige, no doubt

Redoil:
And that was how Yoruba and awusa people fight over such durring gej tenure. Shameless people
Give instances.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Nobody: 6:51am On May 01, 2015
I dont have problem with Chris Ngige but Gov Ogbonnaya onu is a better man for SFG.
To me, Ngige will benefits the igbos more if given the ministerial appointment like Works.
Onu is an intellect likewise Ngige but the later is more of project man while the former is more like a bridge builder which thats what office of SGF is more of.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by sammyj: 6:55am On May 01, 2015
I wonder what will happen to the SE when the presisident is zoned to the SE when ordinary SFG want to tearthe SE apart. !!!! cool

10 Likes

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Er0ticAngela(f): 6:55am On May 01, 2015
I prefer Dr Ogbonnaya Onu

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by efilefun(m): 6:58am On May 01, 2015
Lol, the igbos don't only hate other tribes but have internal issues within themselves that is why their dreamed BIAFRA had not been accomplished. (No insults)

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Nobody: 6:58am On May 01, 2015
Prof. A.G. Anwuka,the former VC of Imo state University is an Inlaw of Rochas and he is presently the Secretary to the Imo State Government. I think he should just remain in that position. He isn't ripe enough to have the federal appointment.

Ogbonnaya Onu is qualified for the job but I think he should remain one of the party leader just like Bisi Akande or he gets a ministerial post.

Chris Ngige is my preferred choice. Though he is from Anambra state,where Buhari didn't get good votes,I still support his candidature as the SGF.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by pazeinza: 7:00am On May 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Evans Enwerem
Chuba Okadigbo
Adolphus Wabara
Pius Anyim
Ken Nnamani.

Five ibo senate presidents within the space of eight years Dafuq

6 Likes

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Nobody: 7:04am On May 01, 2015
just for those who are wondering who professor anwuka is, he us an in-law to rochas,his son is married to rochas's daughter...Familiocracy that's the type of government we have in imo...one begin to wonder if there's no qualified stalwart from apc in imo...but don't shout yet, wait till you see the nominees for our ministerial slot.
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Orunto: 7:10am On May 01, 2015
Senator Chris Ngige is good but he is still suffering from Okiga shrine emotions. Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu is better and longer in politics. But the current secretary to Imo State government, Professor Anthony Anwuka is the best and will be faster to grasp the politics of Buhari and the North.
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by FreeGlobe(f): 7:16am On May 01, 2015
JackBaueress1:
Prof. A.G. Anwuka,the former VC of Imo state University is an Inlaw of Rochas and he is presently the Secretary to the Imo State Government. I think he should just remain in that position. He isn't ripe enough to have the federal appointment.

Ogbonnaya Onu is qualified for the job but I think he should remain one of the party leader just like Bisi Akande or he gets a ministerial post.

Chris Ngige is my preferred choice. Though he is from Anambra state,where Buhari didn't get good votes,I still support his candidature as the SGF.
mallam Rochas is really running a government of family members

3 Likes

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by FreeGlobe(f): 7:18am On May 01, 2015
BADNEAT:
just for those who are wondering who professor anwuka is, he us an in-law to rochas,his son is married to rochas's daughter...Familiocracy that's the type of government we have in imo...one begin to wonder if there's no qualified stalwart from apc in imo...but don't shout yet, wait till you see the nominees for our ministerial slot.
imo has indeed gone to the dogs
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Nobody: 7:19am On May 01, 2015
BADNEAT:
Seriously,I don't know of anyone from Imo state who has been with the party and who is qualified for the job. Do you know of anyone?

Osita Izunaso?
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by asha80(m): 7:27am On May 01, 2015
FreeGlobe:

it seems anwukah has been finally dropped..kind of pathetic he was even pushed forward by rochas..here is a news today.read down the story where se apc caucus met buhari..http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/well-prosecute-security-personnel-for-electoral-offences-buhari/
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by januzaj(m): 7:28am On May 01, 2015
pazienza:
Silly thread. So, those three men that out of their self benefits joined the Odua-Arewa gang up, aka APC, now represents Ndiigbo?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by themilanway(m): 7:29am On May 01, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Madam take your hate somewhere else please,its not a must to be an Imo indigene.

Spare us with your trash talk and name calling of Rochas.

Get a life.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daring The President On Halliburton Scandal Prosecution. / Why Buhari Fired AMCON MD, Mustafa Chike-obi - Premium Times / "I Was Never Arrested By EFCC"- Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.