Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos (28460 Views)

Nigerians React To The Suspension Of SGF Lawal & NIA DG Ayo Oke / State House Press Release On The Suspension Of SGF Lawal And DG NIA Oke / Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by iiiyyyk(m): 9:30am On May 01, 2015
THAT IS THE BEAUTY OF DEMOCRACY, THAT IS THE BEAUTY OF IGBOS.
unlike others, no one man can just decide for every thing one.

2 Likes

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by efilefun(m): 9:30am On May 01, 2015
OPC is just a Vigilante group incase you dont know, they never wanted a country as you all wanted. and mind you i didnt insult you so i never expected an insult from you.
oneeaast:
ediot has opc accomplished their own
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by ZUBY77(m): 9:37am On May 01, 2015
And as usual, every idiotttt is shouting Ngige, ogbonia onu.

And you want CHANGE.

FROM WHAT TO WHAT?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by oneeaast: 9:37am On May 01, 2015
efilefun:
OPC is just a Vigilante group incase you dont know, they never wanted a country as you all wanted. and mind you i didnt insult you so i never expected an insult from you.
an insult to biafran is an insult to me.
do yu expect us to pull out without plans?
biafran is a project that maybe achieve anytime or someday.
stick to the topic of the thread rather than mentioning biafran.

1 Like

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by efilefun(m): 9:38am On May 01, 2015
Hope Ishilove and lalasticlala are seeing this aggrieved ones insulting me here, when i start mine abeg make nobody hide my post ooo

Tlovely:
close ur mouth..the real u is wat he just defined..tribal bigot.
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by poundlander: 9:39am On May 01, 2015
pazeinza:
Evans Enwerem
Chuba Okadigbo
Adolphus Wabara
Pius Anyim
Ken Nnamani.

Five ibo senate presidents within the space of eight years Dafuq
i dont think it is GREED but rather POWER SHARING among 5 Eastern states. but wait o, if they can't agree on a choice of leader for just 2 terms, can they really live together in BIAFRA Republic? your guess is as good as mine. the truth an average South Easterner is not subjected to anybody (traditional rulers inclusive). but to achieve UNISON, somebody has to quite and listen to others. point of address; if you can't learn from the South West or North West, North Central is a perfect model for the South Easterners to learn from; despite diverse cultural, tribal religious differences, they still rallied support for David Mark, am sure they will extend the same to Saraki or Akume in a couple of days
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by efilefun(m): 9:40am On May 01, 2015
Did you read my post very well or you just decided to skip the part in brackets
oneeaast:
an insult to biafran is an insult to me.
do yu expect us to pull out without plans?
biafran is a project that maybe achieve anytime or someday.
stick to the topic of the thread rather than mentioning biafran.
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by unclejb2(m): 9:44am On May 01, 2015
ImperialYoruba:
Members of the All Progressives Congress, APC who are of Igbo origins are divided over who becomes the next secretary to the government of the federation, SGF, as the fight for the post has split them into three bitterly divided camps.

Under Nigeria’s complex zoning arrangement, the SGF has been zoned to the Igbo-speaking southeast geo-political zone and the race has begun to find a suitable candidate to fill the spot.

After several meeting held by the APC’s southeast caucus in Abuja it has been unable to reach an agreement on the nominees to be submitted for the positions of SGF and ministerial positions, Nigerian Newswatch can report.

Yesterday, the caucus met again at the Imo State governor’s lodge in Abuja at the instance of Governor Rochas Okorocha but the meeting ended in stalemate.

A party source at the meeting said they were unable to reach agreement because the three top contenders Dr Ogbonnaya Onu, Senator Chris Ngige and the current secretary to Imo State government, Professor Anthony Anwuka failed to yield ground for one another.

He added: “The leaders met to consider nominee for the post of the SGF which has been ceded to the zone. However, the meeting was divided on whether to forward one name or the three names but later resolved to send three names to the president-elect to decide whom to choose.”

http://www.naij.com/430828-igbos-split-over-post-of-secretary-of-the-federation.html

The fight is just about to begin. All the geo political zones will soon be embroiled in the fight to share the national cake
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by change49ja: 9:48am On May 01, 2015
I think its win-win for the trio. Ogbonnaya Onu gets the SGF, Chris Ngige gets a ministerial appointment and Okorocha's SGS re-appointed as an SGS. cool

2 Likes

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by illiad: 9:48am On May 01, 2015
All this Yorubbish people tagging everything Igbo negatively just to attract comments.

People are vying for position and you fools tag it fight.

God will save yoruba people from abject mischief

6 Likes

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by meforyou1(m): 9:53am On May 01, 2015
themilanway:

Madam take your hate somewhere else please,its not a must to be an Imo indigene.

Spare us with your trash talk and name calling of Rochas.

Get a life.
Rochas is an animal
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by illiad: 10:02am On May 01, 2015
Aegon:
Ethnic Warlord, Get a life. Pray tell us who fought Etteh in the house of reps speakership? When she was finally removed by the "integrity group" we all saw how Mr integrity Bankole set the record as the most monumental fraud in the house. I should also remind you that your own western reps denied Mulikat being Speaker. Rather sell out than have her. Wanna talk about greed? Greed is Jakande spying on Awolowo in order to Curry favours and cash from Babangida. This gross betrayal led to the Good mans death. Greed is when some Obas including the Lagoon one travel to Abuja to collect bribes over the cowardly murder of MKO.

Abeg help us inform that yoruba mischief maker. Very unreliable fellows they are.

1 Like

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by henryfayoul1(m): 10:03am On May 01, 2015
Ponponkon:
Dr Anyim Nyerere is the right man for the post of SGF, he's a very articulate pure Ngwa breed that does not compromise on quality. Because of Anyim Eze Ikonne made Buhari a Chief which was why Buhari won the election.
how old are you ? Cos you talk like a baby
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Mcowubaba: 10:07am On May 01, 2015
sammyj:
I wonder what will happen to the SE when the presisident is zoned to the SE when ordinary SFG want to tearthe SE apart. !!!! cool
Which east...hw do 3 people represent entire Igbos
Hypocrisy is when u would not notice the on going battle among North central to produce Senate president..
President is a totally different context..Primary election will be held nd the winner will contest simple!!!...
Tear south east apart lol..abeggii..

1 Like

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by chemicool: 10:10am On May 01, 2015
Let's allow Chief Chinwere Chibugije to hold that post.
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Ponponkon: 10:11am On May 01, 2015
henryfayoul1:
how old are you ? Cos you talk like a baby
I am 12 years old and I support Dr Nyerere Anyim to be our next SGF,got a problem with that?
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by sammyj: 10:26am On May 01, 2015
......... grin grin grin
maestroferddi:
Na your village dey tear apart!

If you had any sense, you should have seen that the caption of this crappy report is deliberately misleading.

As far as the Igbos are concerned, the three men contending for the bag-carrying position are only speaking/working for themselves and do not in any way represent the wishes and aspirations of the South East.

They are all peripheral figures in the general scheme of things.
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by ojay2053(m): 10:33am On May 01, 2015
Ghen! Ghen! ..
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Darlduchi: 10:36am On May 01, 2015
Biafra is never divided. Those hustlers are Nigerians. A Biafran is not interested in the zoo.
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by eminikansoso(m): 10:36am On May 01, 2015
CFCfan:
If Mrs Ezekwesili was amongst the contenders, I would have rooted for her appointment. But amongst the aforementioned front-runners, Ogbonnaya Onu should get the job. He is one Nigerian politician I know of, who has been in the opposition; right from the defunct ANPP to the APC.
His loyalty to Buhari's parties, all these years, should count for something. And he also has executive experience being a former Abia governor.
Ogbonaya Onu is from EBONYI STATE and former Senate president Pius Anyim is also from Ebonyi state.
Na only Ebonyi state dey east they should give it to Ngige or somebody else.
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Felvet(f): 10:48am On May 01, 2015
Richiez:
and you said it divided the igbos? what kind of title is that?
Help me ask o
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by oyindare(m): 10:53am On May 01, 2015
Redoil:
befor i spill my vitrol WHO ART THOU
ask that your father ....
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by XXCASH: 10:55am On May 01, 2015
ImperialYoruba:
Members of the All Progressives Congress, APC who are of Igbo origins are divided over who becomes the next secretary to the government of the federation, SGF, as the fight for the post has split them into three bitterly divided camps.

Under Nigeria’s complex zoning arrangement, the SGF has been zoned to the Igbo-speaking southeast geo-political zone and the race has begun to find a suitable candidate to fill the spot.

After several meeting held by the APC’s southeast caucus in Abuja it has been unable to reach an agreement on the nominees to be submitted for the positions of SGF and ministerial positions, Nigerian Newswatch can report.

Yesterday, the caucus met again at the Imo State governor’s lodge in Abuja at the instance of Governor Rochas Okorocha but the meeting ended in stalemate.

A party source at the meeting said they were unable to reach agreement because the three top contenders Dr Ogbonnaya Onu, Senator Chris Ngige and the current secretary to Imo State government, Professor Anthony Anwuka failed to yield ground for one another.

He added: “The leaders met to consider nominee for the post of the SGF which has been ceded to the zone. However, the meeting was divided on whether to forward one name or the three names but later resolved to send three names to the president-elect to decide whom to choose.”

http://www.naij.com/430828-igbos-split-over-post-of-secretary-of-the-federation.html

Sometimes I just tire for my brothers in the southeast. This was the same way they were fighting themselves for Senate presidency.
How can anyone contest this position with Ogb Onu. The man is the most qualified and best fight for that position. I won't be surprised is Okorocha hand they this casala. That man wants to remain forever the political leader of southeast and thinks Onu won't dance to his tune

2 Likes

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by fanysteve: 11:01am On May 01, 2015
momentum85:
I think Ngige is fit for d position. he who suffer with Baba shall enjoy with him.
these are okorocha imo state boys ,and not general igbos
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Redoil: 11:08am On May 01, 2015
oyindare:
ask that your father ....
why art thou chosen to be rude? I want to assume you you are female?
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by LKO(m): 11:49am On May 01, 2015
Dr Ogbonnaya Onu should get the slot. So far, the defunct ANPP has nothing tangible from APC. Onu is an intellectual and a tecnocrat.He is a doctorate degree holder( to an extent, this is no mean feat). He is calm and a great thinker/planner. Dr Ngige should get something else.

2 Likes

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by supereagle(m): 12:04pm On May 01, 2015
Uche Onyeaguacha deserves it. He has been with opposition all along. He contested for Imo gubernatorial election in 2007 under ACN . Senatorial in 2011 , and Senatorial again in 2015 . Although he was rigged out, FGN of APC should compensate him for his loyality .
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 01, 2015
FreeGlobe:
imo has indeed gone to the dogs
you make sense wen u 're not bashing Peter obi
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 01, 2015
Your name ImperialYoruba, your source naij.com, I thought people quoted sources that are superior to NL to validate their posts. Albeit why can't you people leave the igbos alone, how many igbos have opened threads to suggest how Tinubu wishes to share oil Wells with the North?
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Don4eva(m): 12:39pm On May 01, 2015
momentum85:
I think Ngige is fit for d position. he who suffer with Baba shall enjoy with him.
Ogbonnaya Onu has been there since the days of ANPP, I think he deserves it.
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Don4eva(m): 12:43pm On May 01, 2015
Ponponkon:
Dr Anyim Nyerere is the right man for the post of SGF, he's a very articulate pure Ngwa breed that does not compromise on quality. Because of Anyim Eze Ikonne made Buhari a Chief which was why Buhari won the election.
Tales by moonlight
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by ceejay4real(m): 12:49pm On May 01, 2015
saintandsinnerz:

What rubbish are you talking about? Why must you lot keep making reckless statements just because you have access to the internet. So because Buhari didn't get enough vote from Anambra, he should deprive them of any benefit that should accrue to them? So Buhari is the president of only those that voted for him if may use your warped logic. Woman stop talking like a 17th century person in a 21st century world!

Taaa Mechie Onu gi there! You're the one saying RUBBISH. In democracy there are strongholds and appointments are made to. reward constituents of such localities. In the South East as it is 2day, Imo State is Buhari's stronghold and as such deserves the post of SGF in the person of Prof Anwuka. That is just the most rational decision to make in the current scenario. So stop harassing the young woman. Thank you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters / Matawalle: Protests Against Buhari’s Medical Vacation Is An Attack On The North / Peter Obi's Supporters Walk In Edo State Ahead Of Friday's Rally (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.