Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos (28456 Views)

Nigerians React To The Suspension Of SGF Lawal & NIA DG Ayo Oke / State House Press Release On The Suspension Of SGF Lawal And DG NIA Oke / Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by masseratti: 8:32am On May 01, 2015
Ponponkon:
Dr Anyim Nyerere is the right man for the post of SGF, he's a very articulate pure Ngwa breed that does not compromise on quality. Because of Anyim Eze Ikonne made Buhari a Chief which was why Buhari won the election.
really? Tell me something, Buhari won the election because he was made a chief in Igbo land? Wow.........
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by ishaq86: 8:33am On May 01, 2015
I think Chris ngige should occupy the office of d SGF, He truly deserves it.
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:38am On May 01, 2015
modath:
Dr Ogbonaya Onu will get the post not only because he is a seasoned,well respected and loyal party man but in the interest of equity; cos CPC got the presidency, CAN the VP, its only fair ANPP gets it while saraki of n-pdp fills the Senate presidency position.

Ngige's medical experience makes him a shoo in for the minister of health position ( he retired as director to pursue his political aspirations), so he knows what the job entails and like onyebuchi chukwu did for ebonyi ( establishment of 2 Fed Med centres), he will be able to do more for his people.

Thank God the "we no want" tribal jingoist are getting weaker and weaker by the day.

If you know the difference between coalition and alliance you won't be singling out each party that formed the APC.
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by cobsol(m): 8:39am On May 01, 2015
Very hungry bloggers at it again! its high time you lot know the name Igbo is very sensitive and highly attended to anywhere in the world.

Its a nation in a nation, its true it may prolong long than expected but it will surly come to reality one day maybe in our generation, maybe in our children's.

Ezekwere Ndubuisi

#dontgiveuptheigbofight
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Biafrarep(m): 8:40am On May 01, 2015
Richiez:
and you said it divided the igbos? what kind of title is that?
Don't mind the fool, isint it obvious that the title is meant to riddicle the Igbo? Is it not a normal thing that positions are lobbied for at the party level, then what is unique about this situation? Besides I thought that AGF is appointed and not nominated, so Buhari should go ahead and pick who he thinks would best serve his regime. Ogbonnaya On is the best man for that post.
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by saintandsinnerz: 8:40am On May 01, 2015
efilefun:
lol you entitled to your opinions thou but you wrong on this one

Wrong on what? That you are not a tribal bigot? That you don't hate the Igbos? Go and check your comment history and you will see it is littered with tribal slur against the Igbos. So calling you a tribal bigot is just the right thing
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by efilefun(m): 8:44am On May 01, 2015
really only have issues with those on NL. Again you entitled to ur opinion. Thanks you dont know the real ME.
saintandsinnerz:

Wrong on what? That you are not a tribal bigot? That you don't hate the Igbos? Go and check your comment history and you will see it is littered with tribal slur against the Igbos. So calling you a tribal bigot is just the right thing
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by hbb2: 8:46am On May 01, 2015
momentum85:
I think Ngige is fit for d position. he who suffer with Baba shall enjoy with him.
Ogbonnaya Onu is better. He should be compensated for for staying with Baba since ANPP days till APC.
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Nobody: 8:46am On May 01, 2015
Ponponkon:
Dr Anyim Nyerere is the right man for the post of SGF, he's a very articulate pure Ngwa breed that does not compromise on quality. Because of Anyim Eze Ikonne made Buhari a Chief which was why Buhari won the election.

Really dumb reason. Was Buhari able to win any South East state? Chieftancy title my foot.
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by gentlezypher: 8:46am On May 01, 2015
I am available for the post,
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Nobody: 8:50am On May 01, 2015
Richiez:
Dont mind the foolish op. the story he just gave totally contradicts the title...i wonder why some people are so wicked in passing out their information.. is it to smear or to inform the public about a simple happening, its still not clear what their undertone carries.
It was clearly a deliberation between the people to see whom they would present..and probably, they were still yet to conclude, probably to bring forth a formidable decision and the most justified. and wat this op was quick to do was throw forth a damaging title to tag it..maybe just to seek attention, create insults and gossips or outright intention to give the region a bad image..this tribal bigots we have here on nairaland..my friend , take this ur news and shove it up ur anus..you do not know how to title ur informations. wonder y some ops are so sick around here.

In other news to my fellow reasonable NLs i think ogbonanya onu deserves that position, his a seasoned technocrat and had been with that party and buhari thru thick and thin, since time memorial..his such an intellectual personality with an aura and part of those who solely contributed to the success of the party so diligently.. his heart has always been with buhari and the party from the unset and his interest has always hinged on change and significant transformation for the people...he has this unilateral interest for development in his heart and i think he saw a passion in buharis eyes too and his disgust for criminality and rouge democracy practiced by polithiefcians in the passing out government. He appears visionary..a seasoned, premiere , liberal, rational and generally accommodating ibo man..and crowns it all with this eye tinting and focusing smile like a lecturer when he talks...lol...even heard he schooled in the US.

1 Like

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by oyindare(m): 8:51am On May 01, 2015
Redoil:
And that was how Yoruba and awusa people fight over such durring gej tenure. Shameless people
u must be crazy ....ur father is a shameless man..part time fool
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Nobody: 8:53am On May 01, 2015
efilefun:
really only have issues with those on NL. Again you entitled to ur opinion. Thanks you dont know the real ME.
close ur mouth..the real u is wat he just defined..tribal bigot.
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Nobody: 8:56am On May 01, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

The Igbo man is perhaps the most selfish and self centred animal God created.

What is the meaning of he will favour igbo more. What happened doing what's right for all Nigerians.

U have the right abuse anybody/tribe but it may not be too good of u.
The APC leadership aren't ignorant of that fact that politicians are by virtue ought to be more sensitive to their people thus they resorted to "zoning formula".
This is just to balance up any unforeseen circumstance.
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by omonnakoda: 9:05am On May 01, 2015
saintandsinnerz:

What rubbish are you talking about? Why must you lot keep making reckless statements just because you have access to the internet. So because Buhari didn't get enough vote from Anambra, he should deprive them of any benefit that should accrue to them? So Buhari is the president of only those that voted for him if may use your warped logic. Woman stop talking like a 17th century person in a 21st century world!
That is how it was the last 4 years hve you forgotten so soon. In fact it was worse because the Yorubas voted massively for GEJ and what did they get in return?
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Ponponkon: 9:06am On May 01, 2015
talk2bunmi:

Like seriously
Chieftancy title was why he won?
Yes o,the Chieftancy title Ogbuagu 1 of Aba made him popular which also prompted him to adopt the name Okechukwu and he won
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Nobody: 9:07am On May 01, 2015
pazienza:
Silly thread. So, those three men that out of their self benefits joined the Odua-Arewa gang up, aka APC, now represents Ndiigbo?
the same guy that sweats blood to defend faggotry, I should have known you were igbo, only Igbos are part of everything abominable. Welldone cockksucker.
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Nobody: 9:08am On May 01, 2015
masseratti:
really? Tell me something, Buhari won the election because he was made a chief in Igbo land? Wow.........
Am an igbo man, but believe me that guy is a mumu..pardon him, he does not know wat his saying..he just created an account on NL to spew trash.. is either the man he suggested is related to his region or somthing hence he could be so irrational about his thoughts..anyway in other news... ogbonanya onu wld remain the best for that position..QED
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by NewNigeriaMind: 9:09am On May 01, 2015
kenonze:

U have the right abuse anybody/tribe but it may not be too good of u.
The APC leadership aren't ignorant of that fact that politicians are by virtue ought to be more sensitive to their people thus they resorted to "zoning formula".
This is just to balance up any unforeseen circumstance.

This is so wrong on all levels and we need to change it.

So because adeshina is minister of agric, south west farmetrs should be treated better.

Now that Buhari is president, hausa/Fulani will get special treatment

is this the logic we will are propagating in this country.

I weep for the future of this country

what happened to equity, fairness and justice.

on a serious note, only Igbo people act this way, very clannish mind set and until the new generation Igbo elite change that, then its a pity.

how will a Yoruba or hausa ever support Igbo presidency when the little power an Igbo person gets, the Igbo person brings all his brothers and sisters to take over. na awa turn mentality. the same thing stella oduah did in aviation sector where she recruited only Igbo people into all sectors and even sack other tribes. by may 29, the next aviation minister is coming from the north, if the aboki sacks all the Igbo people, don't blame him
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by oneeaast: 9:10am On May 01, 2015
Aegon:
Ethnic Warlord, Get a life. Pray tell us who fought Etteh in the house of reps speakership? When she was finally removed by the "integrity group" we all saw how Mr integrity Bankole set the record as the most monumental fraud in the house. I should also remind you that your own western reps denied Mulikat being Speaker. Rather sell out than have her. Wanna talk about greed? Greed is Jakande spying on Awolowo in order to Curry favours and cash from Babangida. This gross betrayal led to the Good mans death. Greed is when some Obas including the Lagoon one travel to Abuja to collect bribes over the cowardly murder of MKO.
you nailed the fool.
well said.

1 Like

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by eCollynzo: 9:12am On May 01, 2015
How many of the other Zoned positions have gotten a concensus candidate? Since it is Igbos, it must be termed as division.
Fools!
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Nobody: 9:13am On May 01, 2015
karkel:
Pls who know where MR Ogbonnaye Onu hail from?

Google it.
But if ur network only opens NL page,
Here are the ans.

Uburu,
Ohaozara,
Ebonyi state,
South East.

First executive Governor of Abia state.
Chiarman governors forum 1992-1993
1st class honors Chemical engineering (unilag)
PHD university of California USA
He set up the dept of chemical engineering in Uniport.
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by omonnakoda: 9:13am On May 01, 2015
Let us remind ourselves of this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

FIVE YEARS HAVE PASSED SO QUICKLY
Sunofgod:
GEJ should have just chased them out of the room.

Why even answer their questions.

SMH
chino11:
This is a welcome development, the Yorubas should be effectively and perpetually marginalized and schemed out, because they deserve worst things also. What did they achieve for their rotten Yoruba states during wasted years of the baboon called Obasanjorijo Useless and woe tribe. They should step up the complaint, GEJ will as usual and as always mess them up. They forgot that Tinubo sold them out for a pot of 'ewodu', the same way their foolish leaders sold out abioala to the almajiris to be slaughtered.
PointB:
@Topic,

If Yoruba feel marginalised, they should hold ACN responsible for siding with Tambuwal to deny them of the House Speakership slot. GEJ did all he could, but the myopic ACN leaders decided to sell to the highest bidder - the IBB-Atiku backed Tambuwal.

'I dey laff oooo,' says Obasanjo who did not deem is necessary to fix any road during his 8 year tenure, but wanted a third term!

Me too I dey laff ooo, but in marginalisation grin grin grin grin

aljharem:
this people are funny u know. Just i thought this people want to eat there cake and have it again

they all voted for ACN thus they want regional government ie fedralism

yet they still want the advantages of being in the mainstream politics

abeg make them go sit down angry

when it is time they should go meet tinubu there master

htajz:
stuuuuupid yorubas , after collecting 50 kobo before election to be marginalised they want to come back. anyway GEJ should have given them wh\t they really came for(money) so they can shut up, these yorubas hate themselves soo much even more then they hate other groups, imagine after 8 years of obasanjo yoruba land is competing with the north for position of the most backward region in nigeria .

Eboes should learn from this and go and strategize as the Yorubas did
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by benzion72(m): 9:14am On May 01, 2015
Indigbo will never agree. Remember when senate presidency was zoned to South East 1999- 2007 we had Evans Enwerem, Chuba Okadigbo, Wabara, etc. Those are the group who want to break away
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by omonnakoda: 9:16am On May 01, 2015
masseratti:
Trust me he actually believes that! That is how the Eboe mind works
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by abbccc(m): 9:17am On May 01, 2015
The cap fits Dr Ogbonnaya Onu who sttod out aming all..He is an astute poltician with humility,gentility and integrity....He was once Abia state governor in the ild Abia but he is from Ebonyi state...He has been in ANPP ever since 1999 until APC was carved out from the amalgamation of ANPP,CPC&ACN....
Ngige is cunny,deceitful and a political jobber...very greedy and has his own interest at stake as he cannot wun any elrction in Anambra state as it stands...so he ia fighting took and nail to take the post and eat as usual....he did nothing for his constituency during his stay in the senate...he ia just living on his little past glory......
So the cap fits Dr Ogbonnaya Onu....

2 Likes

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by Redoil: 9:18am On May 01, 2015
oyindare:
u must be crazy ....ur father is a shameless man..part time fool
befor i spill my vitrol WHO ART THOU
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by maestroferddi: 9:24am On May 01, 2015
sammyj:
I wonder what will happen to the SE when the presisident is zoned to the SE when ordinary SFG want to tearthe SE apart. !!!! cool
Na your village dey tear apart!

If you had any sense, you should have seen that the caption of this crappy report is deliberately misleading.

As far as the Igbos are concerned, the three men contending for the bag-carrying position are only speaking/working for themselves and do not in any way represent the wishes and aspirations of the South East.

They are all peripheral figures in the general scheme of things.
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by IGBOSON1: 9:25am On May 01, 2015
Richiez:

^^^They've got to make the title sensational enough and then send it straight to the front page!......So the Igbo haters can have something to snigger about!

1 Like

Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by omonnakoda: 9:27am On May 01, 2015
maestroferddi:
Na your village dey tear apart!

If you had any sense, you should have seen that the caption of this crappy report is deliberately misleading.

As far as the Igbos are concerned, the three men contending for the bag-carrying position are only speaking/working for themselves and do not in any way represent the wishes and aspirations of the South East.

They are all peripheral figures in the general scheme of things.
Yes it should say divides SOME Eboes not all
Re: APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos by ologundudu7: 9:30am On May 01, 2015
#NowThatBabaIsThere,i think its time to reward people who made it happen.Ngige has been with the party for long even before CPC/APC merger.It's like someone from somewhere contesting a post in GMB's cabinet with Amaechi.I know Ogbonnaya,but Ngige deserves it more pls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb / Jibrin: Dogara Diverted FG Project To His Farm In Nasarawa / Obaseki: Oshiomhole Is My Major Opponent, Not Ize-Iyamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.