Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,090 members, 7,821,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g (2673 Views)

I Need Help!!!!! My Phones 3G Won't Power On / How To Use Airtel 2GB And 6GB 2g Network Data On 3G Network / Fraudulent Affordablesphonesikeja- Selling New Phones Without Nigerian Warranty. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by barnabasitisi: 9:49am On May 01, 2015
OK gurus please I need help with my new phone my uncle got it from abroad for me the name is sky phone 4.0 and it runs on android 4.4 initially when he gave me I was so happy but now I just feel depressed for over 5days now ok so I have tried everything put my mtn bis sim In both sim slots it doesnt work I even saw a post on google that I should dial*#*#4636#*#* and I should force it on wcmda only that it would work but it still didn't I have put all sim cards inside yet 3g doesn't still work I stay in abuja and where I stay federal housing there is 3g service please I need your help please give me solutions please ive already subscribed for mtn bbmid1month I don't want it to go to waste cause I can't download fast with 2g I also want someone to teach me how to use fb whatsapp bbm 2go on bbmid without rooting your phone

Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by barnabasitisi: 9:57am On May 01, 2015
PLS u guys should give me solutions please please please
Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by Kaybaba5(m): 10:07am On May 01, 2015
TRY UNLOCKING IT, I THINK THE PHONE IS LOCKED
Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by barnabasitisi: 10:14am On May 01, 2015
Its not locked na I can access everything I just can't use 3g and 4g is in it self but I don't care abt that cause there's no ntw provider that offers 4g
Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by febbymi: 10:22am On May 01, 2015
Can u change the network mode, like from edge and so on
Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by barnabasitisi: 10:26am On May 01, 2015
Yes but once I change it from automode to wcmda only it just keeps saying searching for network forever and sometime the network sign disappears completely
Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by febbymi: 10:57am On May 01, 2015
Looks like a network band issue. Try locking down to all bands on wcdma with star ash 2263 ash.
Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by barnabasitisi: 11:57am On May 01, 2015
When I dial *#2263# it shows thise

Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by Collinz2(m): 12:07pm On May 01, 2015
Like some1 said earlier, try unlocking the phone.
Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by barnabasitisi: 12:09pm On May 01, 2015
Mr Collins the phone is not locked..... So what will I unlock
Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by seriousthing(m): 12:18pm On May 01, 2015
configure 3g settings manually. ur phone cannot automatically detect 3g
Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by Collinz2(m): 12:21pm On May 01, 2015
barnabasitisi:
Mr Collins the phone is not locked..... So what will I unlock
u need to unlock the 3g
Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by barnabasitisi: 12:23pm On May 01, 2015
@seriousthing i have selected d 3g manually but after registering the 3g when i go to put it on wcmda only then it started showinh no network again.....Mr collinz how do they unlock d 3g
Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by seriousthing(m): 12:36pm On May 01, 2015
barnabasitisi:
@seriousthing i have selected d 3g manually but after registering the 3g when i go to put it on wcmda only then it started showinh no network again.....Mr collinz how do they unlock d 3g
am not talking about selecting 3g. what u have to do is go to setting and select access point name and create a new APN using each network's 3g setting and u are good to go. I will send u mtn 3g setting so that u can try it out
Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by seriousthing(m): 12:42pm On May 01, 2015
u need to select wcmda/gsm. only wcmda will not work in Nigeria because we have both. so select wcmda/gsm and do what I ask u do. last year I have a phone like that until I took it to mtn office. all they did was to set 3g APN and that is all
Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by barnabasitisi: 12:48pm On May 01, 2015
There's no wcmda/gsm only gsm/wcmda just hibe me d full step by step tutorial on what to do please and what mtn ppl did on the phone

Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by febbymi: 1:03pm On May 01, 2015
its wrong to say wcdma only won't work.its what I use for downloads. My phone does not have the network mode option so I switch according to my need. 3g apn sounds new to me, like Collins said my money is still on network band. Its not fully unlocked is what I think

Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by barnabasitisi: 1:15pm On May 01, 2015
Please where will i c that service mode and how will I unlock it fully...and the network band thing
Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by barnabasitisi: 1:16pm On May 01, 2015
Please where will i c that service mode and how will I unlock it fully...and the network band thing
Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by seriousthing(m): 1:22pm On May 01, 2015
barnabasitisi:
There's no wcmda/gsm only gsm/wcmda just hibe me d full step by step tutorial on what to do please and what mtn ppl did on the phone
just leave the phone on 2g/3g auto
Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by seriousthing(m): 1:36pm On May 01, 2015
seriousthing:
just leave the phone on 2g/3g auto
just go to setting-mobile network- access point name, below the page u will see create new APN, select it and enter the following
name - MTN NG
APN - web.GPRS.mtnnigeria.net
proxy - 10.199.212.2
port - 8080
username - web
password- mtn
save the setting and select it. go back and on our data and enjoy 3g services.

for Airtel
name -access

APN - internet.ng.Airtel.com

leave other options blank
save and select and enjoy 3g services
Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by seriousthing(m): 1:55pm On May 01, 2015
barnabasitisi:
from your photo here if u select 3g only, u will not get service. but if u are on 2g/3g, u will have service
Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by barnabasitisi: 2:18pm On May 01, 2015
exactly auto mode works only 3g doesn't and also APN settings u gave me after I put them nothing happened still same old I really need help
Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by seriousthing(m): 2:23pm On May 01, 2015
barnabasitisi:
exactly auto mode works only 3g doesn't and also APN settings u gave me after I put them nothing happened still same old I really need help
well the only advice now is wait until on Monday. take the phone to any mtn office and they will fix it for you. it is free
Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by Uzowee(m): 4:00pm On May 01, 2015
barnabasitisi:
your phone doesnt detect the 3g service in your area. Its from the phone. No locked. Just try and flash it with another rom
Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by barnabasitisi: 2:40am On May 02, 2015
Uzowee how do I flash it with another ROM?

1 Like

Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 24, 2015
It will not bring 3g cause the band for 3g in nigeria is not supported by your phone. You have to use it that way.
Re: Gurus! Help Me With My New Phones 3g by henrolevra: 11:11pm On Feb 18, 2020
barnabasitisi:
Yes but once I change it from automode to wcmda only it just keeps saying searching for network forever and sometime the network sign disappears completely

Bro how did you solve the network issue

(1) (Reply)

Best Android Phones Below 30,000 (mediatek ) / How Can I Stop These Ads In My Hot 4 / Airtel Data Plan & Bundles, Subscription Codes With Prices 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.