Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry (29134 Views)

Putin Ally Says Chechen Spies Infiltrate Islamic State In Syria | Reuters. / Breaking News!! Saudi Arabia To Halt Flight, Trade with Iran-Reuters / Iran Troops To Join Syria War, Russia Bombs Group Trained By CIA - Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by Horus(m): 11:17am On May 01, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFDPL0fNOWY

[size=15pt]Nigeria Real Black African Country Takes Number 1 Richest Spot[/size]

Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by eaglechild: 11:18am On May 01, 2015
ekiloui:

Apart from capetown, KZN, pta and joburg, what other cities have better infrastructure? Just google soweto for example. These people feed 4rm hand to mouth, don't have access to education, menial jobs, poor living conditions etc. Only the big cities are highly developed. The truth remains that the white population in S.A have the good standard of living, same as the elite blacks..and there aren't many elite blacks as compared with the whites of people who can boast of good standard of living in Nigeria.

Btw they have downtowns in the big cities..I'm sure you know who lives there

Lol!
I don't need to google Soweto or Joburg etc cause I've been there.
Soweto has one of the best trauma centers in the world and the basic amenities surpass that of Lagos mainland by ages.

You conveniently forgot to mention Durban, Kimberly, Nelspruit, Port Elizabeth, Polokwane etc.
These cities have better infrastructure than any Nigerian city.

I do not mix sentiments with facts.

Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by esther1994(f): 11:36am On May 01, 2015
Matttthew:
undecided ......I'm not surprise ........
Anyway God go punish anybody wey dey spoil Nigeria....

Even if na Jona or Buhari or even the highest person in Nija
Amen.
Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by Rotimi47: 11:38am On May 01, 2015
eaglechild:
No need for the rivalry.

The average South African still has a better standard of living though.
south Africans are not better than we Nigerians but contentment ( they are satisfied with what they have) unlike we Nigerians.
Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by Nobody: 11:41am On May 01, 2015
StarboyMichael:
Nigeria was not meant to be like this, God will help us

...say wah? since 1961?
Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by esther1994(f): 11:43am On May 01, 2015
Oh! Africa. Weep for yourself. embarassed
Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by solayd(m): 11:47am On May 01, 2015
we should do our rivalries like that of Japan and China not in poverty
Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by ekiloui(f): 12:14pm On May 01, 2015
eaglechild:

Why segregate?

If you use the standard of living in the Northwest then Nigeria will be worse than North Sudan.

Besides those groups you mentioned still have their average members with a better standard of living than most Nigerian ethnic groups.

No matter what you do the white S.Ans will never be the originals...the case is different in Nigeria
Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by Parolee: 12:49pm On May 01, 2015
eaglechild:

Do not be deceived.

The average black South African at the same social status still has a better standard of living.

I agree they may not be as ambitious as Nigerians but even Nigeria is diverse and not all regions are touted as hard working.
The poor South African is better than the poor Nigerian.

Besides why throw away the whites are they not South Africans?

Thank you.......
Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by Parolee: 1:04pm On May 01, 2015
ekiloui:

Apart from capetown, KZN, pta and joburg, what other cities have better infrastructure? Just google soweto for example. These people feed 4rm hand to mouth, don't have access to education, menial jobs, poor living conditions etc. Only the big cities are highly developed. The truth remains that the white population in S.A have the good standard of living, same as the elite blacks..and there aren't many elite blacks as compared with the whites of people who can boast of good standard of living in Nigeria.

This your hogwash of a post can not go unchallenged. Let me educate you:

1. KZN is a province (state) and not a city.

2. Apart from CT, Pta, Jhb what other cities have better (actually it's very GOOD infrastructure) - let me enlighten you (remember 2010 soccer world cup - where were you? In your cave?) Port Elizabeth, East London, Queenstown, Bloemfontein, Kimberly, Pietermaritzburg, Durban, Vryheid, Polokwane, Modimolle, Lephalale, Rustenburg, Mafikeng, Emalahleni, Middelburg, Nelspruit, the list is soooooo sooo long....all these have perfect sound infrastructure.

3. Just google soweto for example? You know nothing about Soweto. Soweto has got the richest to the poorest....nicest surbubs to the most eyesore of shacks......Soweto is home to more than three world class shopping malls, world class soccer stadia, top class educationational and recreational facilities, Soweto has got it all .....you don't know what you are talking about talking about Soweto like that.

4. The middle class in SA is evident everywhere you go.....I mean eevrywhere....just look what cars are on our roads? Damn, you will die young all because of your jealousy.......

Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by ribbit: 1:22pm On May 01, 2015
Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by ribbit: 2:19pm On May 01, 2015
eaglechild:

Do not be deceived.

The average black South African at the same social status still has a better standard of living.

I agree they may not be as ambitious as Nigerians but even Nigeria is diverse and not all regions are touted as hard working.

deceived by who? Have you been to South Africa before? I have been to South Africa and I know what I'm talking about.
I was even deceived into going into that country by people like you and what I saw in TV.

The poverty in that country can make church rat to be thankful of the little he has.

It's you that shouldn't be deceived.. Don't judge South Africa based on infrastructure present in Johannesburg.. Most black South Africans are extremely poor.. The poverty is on the same level as Nigeria if not worse. And I think It is due to the fact that they do not embrace education and they are super lazy. That's why they blame everyone else for their problems. The ones that are not lazy do menial jobs, kiss up to white butt to make a decent living or go into outright crime... All the men do is wake up, brush teeth with Alcohol and find next pussy to rape. That's why South Africa is the hiv and rape capital of the world... Including crimes too.

You could say we have more poor people in Nigeria than South Africa, and that is because the we bigger population.. But the poverty Ievel is absolutely the same with poor people not having decent place to live or access to basic things like water and power or decent toilet.

White South African is different from black South African the same way North is different from South in Nigeria. White South Africans are prosperous because they embraced education.. Same way, Southern Nigeria embraced education. Most poor people in Nigeria are from Northern part while most poor people in South Africa are blacks..

Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by Franzeez(m): 3:34pm On May 01, 2015
I got a shock today, someone who is not so educated said all he knows about Nigeria is a place for drug pushers and Internet scammers. I concluded that I am leaving Australia, I can't live here again
Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by ooshinibos: 4:00pm On May 01, 2015
we thought racism from the white race was a threat to the live of Black people , now that racism from white are reducing , we black people are now replacing racism with xenophobism , tribalism and ethinicism , its a shame for all of us , we complain so much about racism ...and once that is being tackled ,we africans come up with our own hatred for one another ..and this is one of the reason racism has not been eradicated completely ..this issue does not even pertain to South Africa alone , we have the same black on black hatred issue in USA ,UK as well ( black Caribbean hate Africans , east Africans hate west African , and all kind of evil acts) . We need to start thinking about the way we treat one another .
We all thought that when apartheid is wiped out , south Africa will be the greatest and friendliest country in the world , but the South Africans have short memory and have allowed the evil hatred they fought so much to be part of them ..and start to kill those that fought for them during apartheid . I have cancelled my trip to south Africa and I will not be going there anymore .
I AM NOT SAYING ALL SOUTH AFRICANS ARE XENOPHOBIC ..but you only need very few determined hateful people to cause havoc ..2 percent of a population is enough to create riots ,tribal and immigration tension in a country .

Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by Parolee: 4:18pm On May 01, 2015
ribbit:
deceived by who? Have you been to South Africa before? I have been to South Africa and I know what I'm talking about.
I was even deceived into going into that country by people like you and what I saw in TV.

The poverty in that country can make church rat to be thankful of the little he has.

It's you that shouldn't be deceived.. Don't judge South Africa based on infrastructure present in Johannesburg.. Most black South Africans are extremely poor.. The poverty is on the same level as Nigeria if not worse. And I think It is due to the fact that they do not embrace education and they are super lazy. That's why they blame everyone else for their problems. The ones that are not lazy do menial jobs, kiss up to white butt to make a decent living or go into outright crime... All the men do is wake up, brush teeth with Alcohol and find next pussy to rape. That's why South Africa is the hiv and rape capital of the world... Including crimes too.

You could say we have more poor people in Nigeria than South Africa, and that is because the we bigger population.. But the poverty Ievel is absolutely the same with poor people not having decent place to live or access to basic things like water and power or decent toilet.

White South African is different from black South African the same way North is different from South in Nigeria. White South Africans are prosperous because they embraced education.. Same way, Southern Nigeria embraced education. Most poor people in Nigeria are from Northern part while most poor people in South Africa are blacks..

Wow....you said all this just so you can feel good about yourself - bro you are clutching at straws. Nigeria and SA = not comparable. Never. Not at this present moment at least.

For starters - where were you in 2010? Remember the soccer world cup? SA proved back then beyond every reasonable doubt that we are way above any country on this continent.

I am sure you expected everybody to be driving a merc when you came here? News flash - there will be a percentage of the population that will be struggling to make ends meet, that is a well known fact. We can not all be on the same pedestal. For a country that was ravaged by racial segregation and oppression for years, I believe SA is a miracle of Africa....the apartheid system created homelands in the harshest areas of our country and black people were dumped there and left to die - but guess what, people survived those harsh conditions and they are improving their lives step by step. Take a drive even in the far flung villages - electricity is there all the time, you will find clinics, schools, water supplies (communal or piped), public area lighting, tarred / paved main roads, modern shopping complexes (even in rural areas) etc.........oh and again the government has been / is building houses for the people since 1994, and you must not lie here....also the government is building ablution facilities for the people free of charge.....yes there will be cases where things do go wrong....but that is here and there.....so what's your story?

If blacks do not embrace education - answer me this, who is it that is filling up our institutions of higher learning every year? Hmmmmm? Are you aware that currently SA is building two brand new world class universities so as to increase the numbers of graduates? Again - who is filling up all this universities if not the black people? Answer me.

Is it not obvious to you that because the blacks are a huge majority as compared to the whites - that naturally so the scales of comparison will always be unbalanced? There will be more poorer blacks than whites...its expected, blacks are the huge majority, there will be more black criminals compared to whites, again blacks are in the majority.......there will be many black people funerals than the whites, same reason blacks are a huge majority over the whites......didnt you see that logic?? Huh?

Finally think about this one - because you can surf the net, I am sure you are aware SA is not an oil producing country.....however you will not find us standing in long queues with 25 liter petrol containers in dry filling stations waiting for petrol? Not at all.....but you guys you produce many barrels of oil a day yet right now you may be in a long queue with your 25 liter container waiting to fill up to run your gen this evening - that in 2015 - huh? Yet you come here and lambaste SA blacks (laziness, crime, rape, hiv blah blah blah) whilst you having even more pressing matters right under your nose to attend to. I am not in a queue and I produce no oil...and you produce oil and are in a long queue....who is lazy now?

Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by nonjebose(m): 4:30pm On May 01, 2015
eaglechild:

Do not be deceived.

Provide proof for your statement, or stop parroting what they told you
Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by nonjebose(m): 4:37pm On May 01, 2015
eaglechild:

Why segregate?

If you use the standard of living in the Northwest then Nigeria will be worse than North Sudan.

Besides those groups you mentioned still have their average members with a better standard of living than most Nigerian ethnic groups.

My friend you are hardly making sense. The bottom line remains that we work our hands out making decent living, and still have the decency of not attacking foreigners

Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by Mimee803: 7:01pm On May 01, 2015
Parolee:

This your hogwash of a post can not go unchallenged. Let me educate you:

1. KZN is a province (state) and not a city.

2. Apart from CT, Pta, Jhb what other cities have better (actually it's very GOOD infrastructure) - let me enlighten you (remember 2010 soccer world cup - where were you? In your cave?) Port Elizabeth, East London, Queenstown, Bloemfontein, Kimberly, Pietermaritzburg, Durban, Vryheid, Polokwane, Modimolle, Lephalale, Rustenburg, Mafikeng, Emalahleni, Middelburg, Nelspruit, the list is soooooo sooo long....all these have perfect sound infrastructure.

3. Just google soweto for example? You know nothing about Soweto. Soweto has got the richest to the poorest....nicest surbubs to the most eyesore of shacks......Soweto is home to more than three world class shopping malls, world class soccer stadia, top class educationational and recreational facilities, Soweto has got it all .....you don't know what you are talking about talking about Soweto like that.

4. The middle class in SA is evident everywhere you go.....I mean eevrywhere....just look what cars are on our roads? Damn, you will die young all because of your jealousy.......
excuse u all the best infrastructure or the ground work 4 it was put in place by the white men...if anyting south Africans built on wat was der b4. Bt. Now tell me what is d use of world class infrastructure if d pple are too lazy or too uneducated 2 work! Ever heard of the phrase casting pearls in front of pigs...

Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by 14(m): 9:20pm On May 01, 2015
Bigdreams:
I hope each country focuses more on meeting the needs of its citizens.

Want to learn how to setup premium bulk sms websites on your own and make money doing the same for others?
Click the image below

Thats what we are trying to do, but yo people are here disturbing the peace .
Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by 14(m): 9:21pm On May 01, 2015
jomoh:
them silly south Africans
What did they do now?
Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by 14(m): 9:30pm On May 01, 2015
ribbit:
is that so? Why are they complaining about foreigners taking their food?

It's only white South African that have better standard of living.. Black South African are poor, lazy and dumb.

Are you sure, white people only make 8% of the total population. So you mean only 8% of South Africans have better living standard, wrong. 70% of South Africans have better standard of living. Yes, there is poverty, but its a small number of people who are poor, whereas in Nigeria, you have more than 60% of population living under poverty. Thats the different between the 2 countries.

93% of South African have excess to electricity, 95% have excess to clean drinking water. You see the difference. Can you say the same about nigeria? No

Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by ribbit: 9:39pm On May 01, 2015
14:

Are you sure, white people only make 8% of the total population. So you mean only 8% of South Africans have better living standard, wrong. 70% of South Africans have better standard of living. Yes, there is poverty, but its a small number of people who are poor, whereas in Nigeria, you have more than 60% of population living under poverty. Thats the different between the 2 countries.

93% of South African have excess to electricity, 95% have excess to clean drinking water. You see the difference. Can you say the same about nigeria? No
balderdash

dream on
Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by 14(m): 9:47pm On May 01, 2015
ekiloui:

kikikikikikikii. You are being sentimental. SO only 4 million White South Africans have better living standard in a population of 55m, so the rest of 51m are all poor, you make me laugh.

ITS NOT ONLY Joburg, Pretoria, Durban and Cape Town with better infrastructure.
You must google pictures for Port Elizabert, Kimberly, Bloemfotein, Polokwane, Pietermaritzburg, Strand, Nelspruit, Rustenburg, vereeniging, East london. Just do yourself a favour and google those cities, and come back and tell us if you 1st statement still stands.

Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by 14(m): 10:09pm On May 01, 2015
Port Elizabeth South Africa

Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by 14(m): 10:30pm On May 01, 2015
Strand South Africa

Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by 14(m): 11:01pm On May 01, 2015
pietermaritzburg SA

Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by 14(m): 11:09pm On May 01, 2015
Bloemfontein South Africa

Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by Miaraka: 11:13pm On May 01, 2015
The best way forward for our two countries and beloved African continent is that we should have questioning minds, verify the correctness of what others tell us or write about us, be aware that the majority of South Africans, like the majority of Nigerians, are peace-loving, law-abiding and God-fearing people and desist from defending Nigerian and South African criminals or insult and threaten war against a whole nation because of a few thousand criminals and lumpen proletariat. Whoever it is that is misinforming both South Africans and Nigerians, is sitting and enjoying the results of his labour because you are all doing precisely what they ordered. Both sides are saying they hate us. Nobody hates anyone here. You just need to get to know and understand each other better. The majority of Nigerians who live here are successful business people and professionals, Pastors, students, etc. Some of them are here with their families and are not impressed by all these insults and threats. They know that South Africa is a structured and highly regularized society and no one will disturb you, if your documents are in order.

Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by 14(m): 11:25pm On May 01, 2015
nelspruit SA

Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by Miaraka: 11:38pm On May 01, 2015
Please stop this childish comparisons. It's a fact that Nigeria is now regarded as Africa's biggest economy but that does not necessarily mean that South Africa has suddenly become the least developed nation on the continent. We've lost many jobs in the past few years and our people's standard has gone down as a result. That notwithstanding, there are many things we can do better than Nigeria and vise versa. What need to do is find ways and means of dealing a death blow to poverty, corruption and crime in general as well as stop the wars and facilitate inter African trade, etc. What matters the most is for each one of to focus our attention on the fight for the restoration of the dignity of black people, eradicate poverty and disease and improve our living standards.

Re: Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry by 14(m): 11:40pm On May 01, 2015
Rustenburg SA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) / Saudi Arabia Grants Citizenship To A Robot, Sophia / Nigeria To Start Evacuating Citizens From South Africa On Monday

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74