Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:50 AM

Lonely: When will I ever see him again? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lonely: When will I ever see him again? (3923 Views)

I Want To Have Sex On My 18th Birthday, Will I Get Pregnant? / How Do The Successful Combat A Lonely Lovelife? / Nigerian Girls In The U.S. Are Lonely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by somegirl(f): 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2006
I haven't seen my boyfriend since almost 13 months. Since then, he has only called me around five times (probably less) because (so he always say) he's broke. We can't see each other since we live very far appart. Unfortunately, I cannot move to his place because I don't know anybody there who would/could help me to find a job and he does not want me to come for nothing, not even for holidays (I don't have the money for a pleasure trip anyway). Instead, he said he would move to my place but it didn't work out so far. Now, he has a chance to relocate in about half a year but he's too lazzy to take up the opportunity. Do you think it's worth waiting for him? I don't even know if he (still) loves me ---

edit: The "my boyfriend hardly calls" title was not chosen by myself and does not really describe the essence of my problem.
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by eslynera(f): 7:42pm On Sep 10, 2006
i doubt that.
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by Eurphoria(f): 7:56pm On Sep 10, 2006
sounds like he has another girl
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by kiki(f): 7:56pm On Sep 10, 2006
and u r still waitin gurl wat d hell is u waitin for to me it sounds like he already movbed aon and don't want to see u
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by somegirl(f): 9:06pm On Sep 10, 2006
You don’t know but he has also his good sites. He’s funny, intelligent and we have very similar interests. I like his dreams and I would love to help him realize them. But even for his own cause, he seems to lack the energy. When I met him, he was the one to encourage me to do something I was afraid of. I told him I couldn’t do it and he said that I could and that it would advance me a lot. So, I took all my courage together and presented my topic to a whole room of people. He was in the audience and looked so cheerful as if it had been his own success. And then when he got this distinction from his uni, it was my turn to feel proud of him. So many things have changed -- or maybe they haven’t; maybe I was just blinded by love in the beginning. I miss him so much ---

Maybe it’s just a temporary down?  undecided
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by Busta(f): 10:12pm On Sep 10, 2006
sounds like the guy gat other plans.
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by somegirl(f): 10:27pm On Sep 10, 2006
I doubt that he got any plans at all --- but why would a guy of whom all think the world let himself go like that?
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by Busta(f): 10:31pm On Sep 10, 2006
pleasure or no pleasure, u haven't seen ur bf in 13months and spoke to him like 5 times. U sure u guys really dating or just friends. Cos I wonder how that works, moreover i believe both of u are in the same country.
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by classiqkid(f): 10:31pm On Sep 10, 2006
.Well thats guys for you always actin weird and what not, hmm why dont you jus try callin him and talking things out.
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by somegirl(f): 11:09pm On Sep 10, 2006
Hi Busta and Classiqkid.

We talked more than five times in those thirteen months. I call him --- let me think --- about once a week in average. If it was not that expensive, I would probably dial his number even more often. We definitely are, or at least were, dating --- but now? All I ask is to see him once a while, is that too much to ask for, especially from your boyfriend? Well, shortly ago, he said he's not sure about our relationship anymore.  cry
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by kiki(f): 11:14pm On Sep 10, 2006
u call him how many times did he call u but u always calling him and moreover i don't know y u r axing us about this 'cos its like u got ur mind made up about him and don't want to listen to some ppls advice i'm not sayin u got to acept it but atleast listen to it
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by Uche2nna(m): 11:17pm On Sep 10, 2006
Ol girl pls wake up and live before it is too late.Even me,as dumb as I am, can clearly read the handwriting on the wall.Abi you wan tell me say u dumb pass me.
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by kiki(f): 11:19pm On Sep 10, 2006
@uche

oh so u r dumb i kinda kew that but i just kept quiet and didn't wanna say nothin
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by Uche2nna(m): 11:24pm On Sep 10, 2006
I knew you would rise up to the bait cool cool
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by somegirl(f): 11:24pm On Sep 10, 2006
Mhm, I'm listening, really. It's just that hope dies last. Isn't it? And he says he doesn't have the money to call ---

Thanks for your comments --- eventhough they are sadening.  cry

There's a poem I found and it just touches me. I feel very much the same.

http://www.poemhunter.com/p/m/poem.asp?poet=93527&poem=1512321
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by Uche2nna(m): 11:26pm On Sep 10, 2006
Girl dony cry over silled milk.There is more in the jug wink wink wink
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by iice(f): 11:10am On Sep 11, 2006
Maybe he's just the lazy type, i mean like he's got lotsa ideas but for him to go through with it na another wahala.
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by manakins: 11:48am On Sep 11, 2006
Hi somegirl,
 Suppose nearly everyone on this threat is getting you wrong but i think iice is feeling u.
 Your guy needs a push and i suppose u try make him sit up but if he wouldn't i suppose you move ahead.But try first.
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by candylips(m): 12:39pm On Sep 11, 2006
juat dump his ass
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by somegirl(f): 12:51pm On Sep 11, 2006
Manakins, yes, you and Icee think what I think as well, though I believe it’s rather depression than laziness or maybe a combination of both. That doesn’t mean kicking his ass will help, at least not the kicks one can give when not physically present. It also doesn’t guaranty that it is none of the other posters who is right. Maybe, he has already moved on; perhaps he even has another girl.

What can I do from the distance? How can I help him? And how can I find out whether he is serious about us?

Maybe --- could you tell me what it usually involves to get a transcript and degree certificate from a university (in the South-West)?  That’s the only thing missing for his application (the opportunity I told you about). How long does it usually take once you’ve requested it?

@all: Thanks for your posts. I already had started to think something was seriously wrong with myself because of it being so hard for me to be more patient and to trust him under these current circumstances.
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by harmless(m): 2:41pm On Sep 11, 2006
Ohh you sound so much in love, i think you should do ur best with this guy cos guys are easy to find but love isn't, and i also believe you would have titled your message, "Am in love with someone, who dosen't return my love" . you sound emotionally stranded wish i could help, maybe we should hook up, no strings attached though i just want to inspire
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by somegirl(f): 3:08pm On Sep 11, 2006
He just called surprisingly. It was really nice but when I asked when he would go and get his documents from uni he just blocked again. There’s a deadline and, as I know, there will be hazards like usually – e.g. somebody responsible not available so that he has to come again tomorrow (not the “tomorrow” that means the day after today). You know how it is and, before he can count to ten, this opportunity also will be gone.

@harmless: Thanks. I'll be around Nairaland but what I'm really looking forward is to see my friends in the offline world. They're the best way to take my thoughts to more pleasant places.
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by momoney1(m): 4:23pm On Sep 11, 2006
for God sake why are all these bad guys having the ones meant for us(d gud guyz). my dear he's gone, he thought he has got the best out of you and gone but that's no true, i'm trippin grin so chill out stay fit i'm coming to get you but if i'm late accept my rival grin
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by snazzydawn(f): 6:09pm On Sep 11, 2006
Girlfriend,wake up and smell the coffee,the guy is passing out signals that you are no longer needed.
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by Uche2nna(m): 11:21pm On Sep 11, 2006
Well said Snazzy
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by somegirl(f): 12:56pm On Sep 12, 2006
snazzydawn:
Girlfriend,wake up and smell the coffee,the guy is passing out signals that you are no longer needed.

Yes, I agree, his behaviour really speaks that kind of language but with words he often tells me “just trust me - everything will be alright”. It confuses me.
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by babonboard(f): 1:29pm On Sep 12, 2006
Gul u need just one sentence and that is
'wake and move on,forget bout him'.
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by Seun(m): 1:43pm On Sep 12, 2006
Ok, I'll allow your topic. So, we're supposed to tell you when you'll see your boyfriend again? Yeah, we are definitely qualified to tell you that. We have the power to see the future, and we must help you!
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by ImBossy(f): 1:44pm On Sep 12, 2006
Seun i jus sent u an email to your gmail plz chek it its urgent,
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by somegirl(f): 2:04pm On Sep 12, 2006
Seun, I only called it that way because you seem to prefer a more descriptive title. My favourite title is still a plain "lonely". Now, the new title is a rhetorical question from which a reader should know that I haven't seen my boyfriend since a long time and that I have no idea if I will ever see him again. However, "My Boyfriend Hardly Calls Me" - though having a clearer content - is like calling a human being "foot" or a house "window". And if I had chosen such a title, would you not have asked me "Do you expect us to make him call you?"? Seun, a forum like this one (because there are also other kinds, e.g. for academic purposes) is for talking and even if it is only a desperate rant of somebody feeling blue. But in  fact, I have heard some valuable comments, especially since I expected more something of "the man is the head of a family" or in this case of a relationship. If you know a better title, please feel free to share.
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by babycute(f): 10:39pm On Sep 12, 2006
ello somegal, if i hadnt been in ur kind of shoes b4,i prob would have told you to loose the looser, but then i know how you fel,i have been there done dat,bought a shirt even opened a boutique, my point is dat you have to work on your mind and move on, atimes we gals often refuse to read btw the lines,it mit not be so obvious to you but to us, nairalanders reading your post,its obvious dis guy doest give a hoot about you anymore, if u think he does den he has a funny way of showing it o, look gal,just try and get him off your mindwhy havent u guys seen each other,is it an over the seas relationship?if its not and its justt a cross state thing then haba,,its not like you need a visa to go see him or vice versa, no one can tell u what to do,u wear the shoe u know where it pinches, u know the lies youv been telling yourself, u know the many nights uv stayed up crying.only u would know wat to do, but tkea ok grin
Re: Lonely: When will I ever see him again? by somegirl(f): 11:01pm On Sep 12, 2006
No, it’s not just a cross state thing (I’m a UK resident) but we could be together o --- if he just would get up his ass and do what he promised to do!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help, My Younger Brother And I Love The Same Girl / Why Are Rich Ladies, Arrogant? / How Many Ladies Can Boast Of Their Source Of Income...(poll)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.