Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... (6691 Views)

My Sister Is Married To The Most Chronic Cheat Ever. Please I Need Advice / Please Help Me! I'm Extremely Confused & Need Advice / I'm Seriously Considering Cheating On My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 03, 2015
cococandy:
OP you can still make it right.
Reaally apologize to your girl. Tell her you want to be a part of her and baby's life. She was begging you when you left and you told her not to ever call you again. For now, she's still upset but I believe she would want to be wih you when the dust clears.
Keep in touch and contribute what little you can even if it is only for diapers. If she will let you,Visit and help her out too with some baby care when you can. Hold your baby and show her that you want want to be the father. But whatever you do, don't be the absentee dad who walks in years later and expect things to be normal. That's horrible advice from your folks.

Then when you can, pls settle down with your babe and your child and the mom will naturally respect you.

Honestly, I think if you'd been Humble enough in the beginning, you could have stayed there in her work place until you've saved some money to start up something of your own if no other job was forth coming. Seeing as you didn't even have to pay rent, the rent money could have improved your savings a bit.

When you see yourself in a bad situation, you plan carefully, endure a little discomfort here and there and then make your move very calculatedly. No rash judgments and decisions or it always backfires.

With what you're saying here about her mom, who knows if you had some disrespectful attitude towards her even while living in her house or you were giving her that self righteous look when guys come to visit her instead of minding your business.

I worked for a man that disrespected all his employees
I wasn't even an employee,I was an independent contractor in the practice
This man spoke to people anyhow and there was a day we had a heated argument on the hallway and people expected me to walk out of the job like others had and I didn't.
I showed up the next day and did my job and worked at that job till we moved to another town
To his credit he did apologize to me afterwards but even if he didn't I would have stayed at that job
It was convenient
The hours were good and flexible
I loved my patients
It paid my bills too
Sometimes we just need to suck it up and keep on trucking,nothing comes easy.
Until you open up your own business,you have to work under someone and sometimes you just need to shove some things aside and keep at it.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by yetseyi(f): 8:55pm On May 03, 2015
tearoses:
I feel really sorry for the girl
We all know our society
The man walked away when she was 8 months pregnant. . . but where can she run to? Nowhere.
She went through labour all alone and the shame of naming her own first child in her own mothers house . . .no husband or man to stand by her. The baby wasnt even given a name by his biological father.

Now the man is still walking on and living his life like nothings happened but she is left with the baby and the stigma of being a single mum.
Any fight she has in the area and that is the first thing that she will be abused with

In a few years time when the man is all settled with a good job and wants to get married, he wont go for a single mum. He will want a no baggage tear rubber lady to be his wife (another of societys unwritten rules)

The woman on the other hand may struggle to find a decent man that will love her and love her son like his own. How many families will allow their sons to marry an after one? (those will be their exact words)

Girls need to take a few minutes to think long term of what they are getting themselves into and with who and what a 5 minute sexual encounter can result to in the long term, especially as its the girls suffer the most when things go wrong as this girl is suffering now.

I havent heard anything about this girls education. Probably put on hold due to the pregnancy. She may even never go back and finish it. No man to support her. No education, no husband and a single mum . . . It is well.

I just had to quote this. I hope we ladies will learn.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 03, 2015
See how gf automatically changed from 'good gal' to 'not so good after all'
Pls who intentionally gets pregnant with all the labour pain for a broke az$ in this century

Op. You are just heartless and too full of yourself. You were only a sperm donor as you are yet to contribute a dine to the survival of this child.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by cococandy(f): 12:06am On May 04, 2015
Na so life be Na.
babyosisi:

This man spoke to people anyhow and there was a day we had a heated argument on the hallway and people expected me to walk out of the job like others had and I didn't.
I showed up the next day and did my job and worked at that job till we moved to another town
To his credit he did apologize to me afterwards but even if he didn't I would have stayed at that job
It was convenient
I loved my patients
It paid my bills too
Until you open up your own business,you have to work under someone and sometimes you just need to shove some things aside and keep at it.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by Nobody: 4:42am On May 04, 2015
This guy is lucky.
Had u come from my side, nothing for u o.
That child is not urs and there is nothing anybody can do about it.
If u like come with Mr president.
U r free to train him/her but when he has grown to become a man,he will find his root and u r not part of it. Period.
If it's a gal,once she is about to get married, straight to her mother's house.

It's because u guys are given free reign that's why u treat a gal u gave belle like this afterall u can go and claim ur child later or he will find u when he grow up.
U don't treat our gals like poo. Even in out of wedlock pregnancy, her people will still make her feel like princess.
How can u start living with somebody u have not paid her bride price?
What kind of culture and custom is that?

Useless culture.

And by the way, u haven't learnt ur lesson yet.
I see u making d same mistake again.
Work on ur attitude. It sucks.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by tyrannysucks: 5:14am On May 04, 2015
The guy is a tad too selfish! So wrapped up in his issues and self-absorbed!!! I can understand why the mother-in-law despised him! Most hard working people dislike laziness and selfishness in others! Imagine commenting on the woman and infering that her single-hood and bad experiences with men is the cause of her belligerence? Why do we always see the fault in others? The guy should start from a healthy self examination and grow up! A 25 year old isn't a baby! Some guys have been married for years at 25!

MarvellousGod:
Op, what were you expecting when the mum started taking care of all the financial responsibilities? ? undecided... You lost your respect that moment...

Things are really like this because you took up responsibilities you couldn't handle. .. Anyway, mistake already made....

If you must have contact with your son, then you have to reconcile with the mother (your ex)... so you just find a way to do that. ...

Then, if you love the lady and think she's someone you can settle down with, then win her back... Forget about her mum's attitude cos she'll change the moment you have a means of livelihood. ... An average parent will be frustrated to know that her daughter is pregnant out of wedlock talk more of the man responsible for the pregnancy being jobless. .. No parent will be happy. . You expected her to be happy paying your house rent and other bills??

Also, all you care about now is your son, you don't even care about how the mother is faring, how she passed through labour et al...or you think your baby fell from heaven? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by tyrannysucks: 5:19am On May 04, 2015
You are very correct! This young man needs some growing up! And he should wake up from his self-absorbed mindset!

babyosisi:

Manhood 101, don't work for your inlaws ,don't work for your wife and for heaven's sake don't live in an accommodation provided you by your inlaws.
The only way for it to work long term is that you have decided to just allow yourself be kicked around like a football
What did you expect ?
The woman owns a business and you say she is succesful
The only way she achieved that success was by running her business her way and any employee must tow that line and do her bidding so I don't fault this woman entirely in that aspect ,she has to be shrewd to stay in business.

Now I will separate her role as an employer from her mother inlaw role
She definitely overstepped her bounds
You had described your girlfriend several times as a good girl
Her mother had a hand in the destruction of her relationship with you

Where I fault you greatly was taking out the frustrations you had with the mom on the daughter to the extent of telling her not to call you
How did you expect to be told when the baby was born when you walked away from the relationship and abandoned an 8 month old pregnant girl.you could have still left the house and remained in touch with the girl.
You are 25 so some of your choices are a factor of your youth
If her mom dislikes and perhaps hates you now,no one will blame her
Her side of the story is that a young man impregnated her precious daughter,she gave him a house and a job and he bailed and left her daughter alone at 8 months.

You and this girl may be good for each other but you are not yet ready for marriage,financially and emotionally
I wish you had listened go your own parents and stuck to your guns

You need to involve your parents and you may need to do some pleading to be allowed go see this baby
At that final showdown,I suspect hurtful words may have been said,apologies may have to be made
They may not have put you on the birth certificate as the father sef because they are angry with you

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by tyrannysucks: 5:26am On May 04, 2015
You were not blunt, you were simply honest! The guy's selfishness annoys me! And I'm a guy!!!

He sees the world from only his perspective, and he acts like he is doing the girl a favour by marrying her! It's annoying!! He doenst even know he should refund the mother-in-law all she spent on him, her daughter and the baby! What concerns him is that he saw a baby that looks like him, and some esoteric emotion grabs him...so, he feels the world owes him support from there on!

Now, it's I who is being blunt! I'd flog this guy if he was my younger bro! I despise irresponsible guys! At 25 I was taking care of business!! Enough saId!

DBestDoc:

@ the bolded, What legal right does he have over the child?
From what he wrote, he didn't marry the girl legally neither did he stick with her all through the journey and tough times.

He had the guts to order her never to call him again, and suddenly he wants to be a part of somebody else's struggle, tears and pain.

All i got from the OP is the story of a selfish and proud young man who thinks he can eat his cake and have it back, you no want cool down take life slowly.

"She is rushing me into marriage bla bla bla"....why she no go rush you when you decided to put the cart before the horse, she suddenly turned from a good girl to a devil because you were being persuaded to fix the mess you contributed to and do things properly.

Oga life can never be at your beck n calloo let me tell you. You have to cool down and think things through before making important decisions in life.

To say you decided to move on with your life, abandoning your girlfriend and your unborn child made me smh .....this is the time to do that because that woman and her daughter with the way you painted them won't let you anywhere close to that child, If you like go hire SAN. Except they decide to forgive you ofcourse, which means you have to keep gree gree aside and act as a responsible and grown man.

I may be blunt, but this is exactly the same thing i would tell my brother.

Goodluck!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by tyrannysucks: 5:29am On May 04, 2015
You are assuming the fellow was picture perfect! For the MIL to turn from being sweet to the attendant behaviour described by the OP, believe me, the OP messed up!

tearoses:

I kind of guessed the answers to your questions but wanted to be sure before saying anything by asking you first.

Okay lets flip this round. Had your own daughter gotten pregnant by a man who doesnt have a job and no financial way of looking after her and the new born baby, and you offer him a job and accomodation, but one day the man ups and leaves and tells your daughter never to call him, please give a honest answer how you will feel and what you will do. Remember that you are a parent now too.

You both made the mistake of having unprotected sex and you both not having a plan or something to sustain you both. Moreso the financial responsibility lies more on you the man.

The MIL baled you out, and you took the easy way out of free accomodation and a job you walked into instead of rising up to the task and standing on your own 2 feet. It would have even been better if your own parents had done the bank rolling than the MIL.

The MIL would have wanted better for her daughter . . .all parents do. She maybe was a bit too quick to condem you by not giving you a chance to stand on your own too feet. She also did not take her daughters feelings for you into consideration and as an adult and mother she should also have been there emotionally for both of you, knowing well that you didnt have anything else to fall back on at that period unless you gave her great reason not to.

Your working with her was also a mistake becasue work is different from pleasure and this is the way that she probably runs her business. Naija business women are hard nuts to crack and she didnt want to give you preferntial treatment or her other staff start to take advantage.

My advise to you is 2 things. One to to bury your pride and start to open those doors that you closed down in anger and pride for the sake of your innocent son. He didnt ask to be born into this and secondly start to hustle like there is no tomorrow to provide for your new family.

When you say hustle, I mean serious hustle. You have a child to look after now. You are no longer like your mates who are carefree and are only looking for small change to top up their blackberry. You are now a man, father and an adult and you need to grow up fast.

You are now linked to that family FOREVER even if you dont end up marrying their daughter.

You can never be respected as an inlaw if you are seen to not to be able to look after their daughter. Thats just the unpalatable but plain truth.
When you start providing for your kid and girlfriend, you will see changes in your inlaws towards you.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by tyrannysucks: 5:32am On May 04, 2015
Please tell him the truth! Thanks!

tearoses:

You may not want to hear this from anyone, but you are so missing the point

Your MIL's attitude with her men is none of your business and if it was such a problem to you, then you should have stayed clear of her daughter a long time ago and not get her pregnant, knowing that you will be linked to the MIL for life.

You were with the daughter for 2 years so you should have known the type of person that the MIL was. You had a chance to run or stay clear but you didnt.

Infact the more reason why you should have run miles away from her plan of housing and giving you a job, knowing the kind of person that she is.

You cant eat your cake and have it.

As for saying that your gf deliberatly got pregnant so as to hold you down. Please erase that thought.
I also dont beleive that mother and daughter planned and choose to move you away from your career path.
You made the diversion yourself when you got someone pregnant and had to dance to anothers tune so as to put food on your table and a roof over your head
It would have even been better if you had moved back home with your gf. At least that is still your fathers house.

Sorry if I am being abrupt. This is the same I will tell a junior brother.
Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by tyrannysucks: 5:43am On May 04, 2015
You're a chauvinist!

MRBrownJ:
@Steeze
you did what you could at the time with the tools that you had, in order to try to make this situation "seem" right. you shouldnt blame yourself too much on that, and instead focus on whats important here: getting back in your child's life THE RIGHT WAY. dont let anyone anymore dictate what you should (or not) do with what you desire/require for your life.

a simple DNA test would solve that....it will take time and money but the issue would be solved eventually.... and guess what? the only loser in such act would be the CHILD. if a mother is foolish enough and wants to make life harder for a father to meet his child (out of spite) then so be it but the father shouldnt lose hope or dance to their tune for that reason.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by tyrannysucks: 5:46am On May 04, 2015
Honestly, you're wisdom personified! No flattery meant! This young man needs someone to smack him to reality!

babyosisi:

It was convenient
I loved my patients
It paid my bills too

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by Lumpyy(f): 6:11am On May 04, 2015
Its getting difficult to read this last comments,if Op was not bashing himself already,he wnt be here.so all the faults is his now?if he was a girl will u all still say she should wait and work for the mum no matter what?will it be none of the girl's bizness if the mother inlaw changes men like cloths too?did he rape the lady to get her pregnant?i know what so many of u says to a man who stands with his mother during issues o,why did d lady beg her guy to work for her mum in d frst place?none of them thought avt the future is y it got to this.enof of the blame games abeg!
Op,man up,apologise to the lady and the mother as shes been taking care of them in ur absence,show how sorry you are and get to be in ur son's life!

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by ciwi: 6:44am On May 04, 2015
Imagine the OP saying they planned it and she got pregnant to trap him. I wonder what they planned on gaining by trapping a jobless, clueless good for nothing like u!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by Nobody: 6:54am On May 04, 2015
Lumpyy:
Its getting difficult to read this last comments,if Op was not bashing himself already,he wnt be here.so all the faults is his now?if he was a girl will u all still say she should wait and work for the mum no matter what?will it be none of the girl's bizness if the mother inlaw changes men like cloths too?did he rape the lady to get her pregnant?i know what so many of u says to a man who stands with his mother during issues o,why did d lady beg her guy to work for her mum in d frst place?none of them thought avt the future is y it got to this.enof of the blame games abeg!
Op,man up,apologise to the lady and the mother as shes been taking care of them in ur absence,show how sorry you are and get to be in ur son's life!

1. poster had NO job before the MIL offered him a job and accomodation

2. Poster was not on good terms with his own parents so they most probably wont have helped him at that period either.

3. The MIL was only trying to help him cover up his shortcomings because she had her grandchild on the way and she wanted them all to be comfortable

4. No one can judge the MIL. Her first marriage could have ended due to abuse; No one knows why . . . .and we all know about our silly socety that makes a divorced woman "useless".
The same reason that when the poster wants to get married in 5 years time he will want a virgin saying "all these girls of today are spoilt"; forgetting that they are gulty of the spoiling.

5. MIL is a business woman, does not depend on anyone for money and is not a kid, so she has every right to have a love life.
What she does is her business. A male divorcee/widow is allowed to have relationships . . why cant she?

6. Poster was not looking to build bridges. What he was looking for was for sympathy by portraying himself as a victim and people to give him ideas on how to get his baby but bypassig his gf and MIL.

7. Poster sounds very imature and very self centred. Not once did he feel any guilt or conscience towards the girl or even the mother who did everything to make him comfortable under the circumstances.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by Nobody: 6:57am On May 04, 2015
The MIL tried. To rent a 3 bedroom flat in Lagos will cost her nothing less than 300K on the mainland by the time she pays agency fees etc

The only thing I fault the MIL for, which some parents do is that they overdo things when their kids have issues with their spouses and they forget that theiir kids are actually n love with this fellow/woman even though they the parent cant understand why
I felt bad when the girl was crying and begging but the mother slapped her and insisted that she followed her home.

He keeps on saying that he was begged and forced to take the job. Very annoying statement. . .Its not as if he already had a chevron job offer or ambassador position that the poster gave up to work with his MIL.

Many of us have worked in places that we dont care for, but we carry on until we find something better. We dont just quit.

I am not insisting that he marrys her. Its up to him.

In life everything you sow, you reap, even if its 20 years later and so he has to aplologise to his gf and MIL and do the right thing, which starts from him growing up and starting to provide for that baby.

Poster is no longer a baby.

Poster you owe your MIL rent money, hospital fees, naming ceremony money, baby food and nappy money and other expenses incurred. This baby is your responsibility.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by udz: 8:27am On May 04, 2015
@tearoses, calm down. U have made ur points but taking it too far. The OP has taken the advises here and he is not challenging them or forming holy. just advise not bad mouth him. thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by Nobody: 8:31am On May 04, 2015
udz:
@tearoses, calm down. U have made ur points but taking it too far. The OP has taken the advises here and he is not challenging them or forming holy. just advise not bad mouth him. thanks.

Okay.
But if he is your friend, please tell him to not look at points being taken too far, and peoples utterances which hit him, but to please do the right thing which includes apologising to his gf and MIL, building bridges as well as providing and being there for the baby and not just walking away and waiitng for the baby to come looking for him when the baby turns 18

I have no joy in insulting him. I only want him to do the right thing.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by coputa(m): 8:45am On May 04, 2015
You impregnated a girl while in school,her mother accomodated you and offer you a job.You lost the dignity and respect a man should have,there is no way things would have worked out for you,since you have rendered yourself inpotent before your girl and the mother,thats the reason they didnt tell you she had put to bed,imagine that.Many water has crossed the bridge,its now time to put yourself together to avoid making more mistakes.Go and see your gal and the child,please go with an elder,probably on weekend,so as to meet the mother at home.You are going for peace,applogise for whatever mistake you had made,thank her for all what she had done for you,your gal and your baby.if you have the means buy one or two things for your gal and the baby.whatever comes out from that visit will determine your next line of action.
Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by udz: 8:48am On May 04, 2015
@tearoses
He is not a friend, I dont knw him and cant say if I have met him bfore. if you beat with ur left hand, U use the right hand to cuddle. dats correction. read my post to him, I didnt support him and didnt badmouth him fully. Correct with love. we are human and are bound to make mistakes.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by Nobody: 8:54am On May 04, 2015
udz:
@tearoses
He is not a friend, I dont knw him and cant say if I have met him bfore. if you beat with ur left hand, U use the right hand to cuddle. dats correction. read my post to him, I didnt support him and didnt badmouth him fully. Correct with love. we are human and are bound to make mistakes.

I am a mother myself so I understand that need to correct in love
But right now he is still on the idea that he is the victim and he was trapped and conned with pregnancy. We know that that is not true. He is also bad mouthing a woman that tried to help him.
Some people were advising him to walk away.
When he starts to do the right thing, then that will be acknowledged

In the mean time you told him that he cant marry the lady . . .Why may I ask? What has she done wrong?

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by udz: 9:06am On May 04, 2015
tearoses:

I am a mother myself so I understand that need to correct in love
But right now he is still on the idea that he is the victim and he was trapped and conned with pregnancy. We know that that is not true. He is also bad mouthing a woman that tried to help him.
Some people were advising him to walk away.
When he starts to do the right thing, then that will be acknowledged

In the mean time you told him that he cant marry the lady . . .Why may I ask? What has she done wrong?

Mummy Tea, thank God U are a mother. correction in love is a virture. U made ur points and the OPs late post shows dat he is taking the blames and wanting to make thngs right. so theres no need hammering the same blaming game.

As for marrying the girl, I didnt tell the OP that he "can't" marry the girl, I said he "must'nt" implying that they can still be friends but marraige is not a must. Alot has happened, the love they have might or might not be enough to cover all this incidents with marriage.

Finally, Tearoses I respect ur points of veiw. it should be channeled with moderation.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by Nobody: 9:08am On May 04, 2015
udz:
There is no humility in being poor.
There is time for everything.
Too much of everything is bad.
What doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

OP, U Hear this wise sayings everyday and in ur situation, I wont blame U but will simply point out some facts.

1. U are not the first baby daddy, but theres time for everything, U need cash to maintain a woman and child, the more money, the more respect. GBAM !!!!

2. Having made the mistake of have skin to skin sex, I wont dwell much on dat. But hey nigga , U should have hit the street as soon as U knew U were gonna be a daddy. U should have stayed on ur own. even if na squating or batcher, but making sure U call ur girl and the mum to donate something atleast every month. Instead, U were waiting for nysc... fresh grad things.

3. The mum is a god to her daugther, ur girls is a mummies girl and U should have not taken anything from the woman. Getting a girl preggy is not a big deal, U dont cash money from the bank with it. if U knw what I mean. Alot of ppl can do it.

4. U stayed in 3bedroom flat, u knw how much it cost. U became confortable untill the mother dangled a job in front of U and U accepted. why not, U have be boxed by the mother.

5. When the mother begin bad mouth U, Trust women na cos i knw exactly what U went thru which I cant even stand. but in Ur situation U for just chill do like mumu but na U get ur mind. as soon as u go for service, dats it. stick and love ur baby moma, dis could have made the love btw u and her stronger cos u didnt get killed by her mums bashing.

4. Always guide ur words from saying things U neva mean or can withstand till the end.

So what should U do?
.... try to reconcile with ur baby moma atleast to talking terms. thanx for mobile phone.

..... Tell urself that U must make money and make it big

..... U musnt marry her but U must take care of ur son.

finally, I must say something abt U . U are a nice fella, good writer and intelligent. emotional but be strong. One love.

This is what you said, but not lets dwell on it.
Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by udz: 9:13am On May 04, 2015
tearoses:

This is what you said, but not lets dwell on it.

The issue here is the comprehension of that statement. I have explained what I meant, sorry if U see it another way.
Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by pickabeau1: 9:39am On May 04, 2015
I dont even know if this is real
Too many fake stories on NL

If it is.....steeze

You are a selfish young man who has spat in the mouth of a benefactor and I hope you don't regreat it

So you are working in your MIL coy....big deal....go out and Ask how many people have jobs

Thus woman helped u with accommodation, feeding and a job so as to avoid the same fate of hers for her child yet you are here talking crap about her romantic life

You have not told us why u had issues at work

Even a lazy man says he is competent

Go back to that family and apologize

Get a job or go back to that job and be diligent

See it as your job..your company.. Grow it

See her as your mum..if your mum scolds you..will you insult her

Marry that lady and raise your son in a stable family

You dont know the opportunity you are squandering

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by Nobody: 9:48am On May 04, 2015
Get closer to knowing God.it will really give u wisdom. D essence of marriage is to find a help meet that will help u fulfill God's calling upon ur life. Have u discovered what God wants u to do wwith your life? If yes, can she help u fulfill this? If no, u need to first discover ur reason of existence.ask God,he will tell u. Marriage isn't sometin u just enter cos of sentiments. It is well wit ur child. Already he mum will influence her to think she doesnt need a man like herself. Don't spend d rest of ur life in misery. Pray and ask God ro direct u. Dont enter marriage out of sentiments.u will not find it funny at all.
Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by allycat: 11:40am On May 04, 2015
Tearoses and Babyosisi have talked to you the way I would talk to my brother in this situation. All I would add is that till you can sort out your mess, put aside money every month to buy things a baby needs, if you can afford it 5k or more. Ask any mature female around you to guide your purchases and make sure they get to your baby's mother. If you give cash it will always look small. If she throws it back at your face, ignore and do it again the next month and the next and the next till they relent. It's allright to say I want to be a part of my child's life but the truth is actions speak louder than words. Show them not tell them.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 04, 2015
tyrannysucks:
Honestly, you're wisdom personified! No flattery meant! This young man needs someone to smack him to reality!

Wow,what great compliments
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 04, 2015
Steeze do well to balance yourself before connecting with your son. In all these, you'v not accepted blames except for the tiny bit you still passed to youthful exorberance. Forget about yesterday, see how you can use today to get a better tomorrow. You'v been wronged too, but whilst you moved on since, your girl couldnt even if she wanted to. The major pains still lies at her court but you can help. Imagine all she has passed through, be sorry for not "maning up" to your responsibilities and be willing to make amends. If you decieve yourself and go there just because of your son only, you will not know when they will see through and say some words that will hurt so that you will walk again without looking back and repeating history. Stop listening to those small boys you call friends, you are now a father before they will tell you to damn whatever challenge you may face again as you try to reconnect. I know you'v had a girl or two since then but even if you get money today, it can't guarantee you a good girl like her (you said she is) not forgeting not getting your son. You made her pay for her wrongs and added her mother's, still you have not forgiven her that you might be forgiven. The truth is, especially with their money, 98% of you getting your son lies with the mother. If you fool yourself to say at 18, he will find you, you may never have a relationship with him, another man can fill your absence perfectly or you may never know how he will be trainned to or not remember you exist. If you even start visiting today, look yourself, look 18yrs then you will know whether you can sustain it. Erase the thought of just buying things periodically, you know better than me that they dont need your money. Get in touch with the mother of your son, apologise, if she is interested in you which i believe will be and i know if you agree not to be selfish, she is still good for you. Table your fears, then let her ensure her mother is out of your way, when you are financially ok, you can do the right thing. Whatever happens, your chance of connecting with your son is with his mum not Mil hoping your girl has learnt lesson and will stop being a mum's girl.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by steeze(m): 6:48pm On May 04, 2015
Thanks everyone.
Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by steeze(m): 6:53pm On May 04, 2015
UPDATE: I apologized to the mom and she's accepted. I've apologized to everyone. I hope we all can get past this.

While it's very easy to want to blame the guy, I was competent at the job, respectful and wasn't proud. What happened was a product of see finish. It's very easy to want to believe that I'm writing all this to make myself seem innocent and blameless, but all the wrongs I did can be seen in my posts all over this thread.

Thanks once again.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... by udz: 7:59pm On May 04, 2015
steeze:
UPDATE: I apologized to the mom and she's accepted. I've apologized to everyone. I hope we all can get past this.

While it's very easy to want to blame the guy, I was competent at the job, respectful and wasn't proud. What happened was a product of see finish. It's very easy to want to believe that I'm writing all this to make myself seem innocent and blameless, but all the wrongs I did can be seen in my posts all over this thread.

Thanks once again.

Finally, U are my guy !

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IS it right for a dad to bath his 15years old daughter? / "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" / I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.