Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,080 members, 7,821,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

"i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" (6720 Views)

Bayelsa Girl Forced To Marry Hausa Muslim Lover / My Step-father Sneaked Into My Room And Made Love To Me / I Am Forced To Marry My Own Mother, What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by mudes(m): 2:42pm On Aug 26, 2009
I am 20 years old from Ekiti State( Nigeria).I lost my father on 15th June 2009. I am a(Christian),i am in 300 level at the University of Ibadan of the department Medicine .I am the eldest child in a family of 3 girls one boy. After d burial of my father, we went for a family meeting in our family house.The elders of the family told me that i have to take the responsibiliy of my father on my step-mother.My step-mother is 47years old. How can i marry a woman of such age? Moreover, i have not practice marriage in my life:Please, i need your advice.
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by chiejik(f): 2:49pm On Aug 26, 2009
tell them your father is died,and you are not going to marry her.how can they think of something bad as this?
your are not ready for marriage,if she feel like marring she should go ahead with the person that told you that
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by honeyguy(m): 2:53pm On Aug 26, 2009
run! run!! run!!!
thats pure incest, you'l be cursed till your tenth generation
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:54pm On Aug 26, 2009
Tell them all to go to hell! Can't stand all this f**ked up elders who try to force their beliefs on other peeps. . .Why don't they offer up their own sons to the woman now? Since they are so caring. . .

Don't allow anyone steal your future from you!

Responsibilty ko. . .helping ni. . .Mchewwwwwwwwwwww. . . angry

1 Like

Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by candyshore: 3:08pm On Aug 26, 2009
please run dis is fetish, dont try it if u re a christain start praying ceaselessly dont stop praying o
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by ritaNL: 3:30pm On Aug 26, 2009
@ poster
Make up a good story cos me i'm nt buying this one oo.How can you be forced to marry your step-mum in this 21st century.
You can get all of your family members jailed for such thing.If your story is true I think you should just take your stuffs and run to your mum's place.
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by CrudeOil2(m): 3:39pm On Aug 26, 2009
Thats disgusting and an utter abuse of man and human rights. TELL THEN NO. They cant harm you.
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by spikedcylinder: 3:46pm On Aug 26, 2009
mudes:

After d burial of my father, we went for a family meeting in our family house.The elders of the family told me that i have to take the responsibiliy of my father on my step-mother.My step-mother is 47years old. How can i marry a woman of such age? Moreover, i have not practice marriage in my life:Please, i need your advice.

Are you sure what you're thinking is what they meant? I'm assuming taking responsiblity is different from marrying.

2 Likes

Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by IFELEKE(m): 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2009
Poster,
Firstly, the subject matter shouldn't be termed a norm in Ekiti land, such barbaric/archaic practise has been outlawed since the days of old.
Now back to the topic,
Are you sure you are not mis-interpreting what you heard?
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by izeek(m): 3:59pm On Aug 26, 2009
spike just hit the thing right in the middle.

its not strange practise to be told to marry your step-mother or even your own mother.

actually this custom has been in existence for years. what this simply implies is that you are supposs ed to be responsible for the person involved.
that way u automatically take over what ever your father left as assets.

although this practise has been known to be misinterpreted to suite other people's greedy agenda.
its not automatically asking you to go sleep with the dead mans wife.

1 Like

Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by MrIndomie(m): 4:07pm On Aug 26, 2009
Pls go for further clarification b4 jumping into conclusion. Perhaps u misconstrued wat they meant wen the so-called elders said"you have to take the responsibiliy of ur father on ur step-mother" . They nvr talked abt how u will complete ur education shocked Thats my problem with these elders embarassed angry

ThoniaSlim:

Tell them all to go to hell! Can't stand all this f**ked up elders who try to force their beliefs on other peeps. . .Why don't they offer up their own sons to the woman now? Since they are so caring. . .

Don't allow anyone steal your future from you!

Responsibilty ko. . .helping ni. . .Mchewwwwwwwwwwww. . . angry
Honey where have u been grin
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by Seun(m): 4:21pm On Aug 26, 2009
Maybe what they mean is that you need to take care of her financial responsibilities.
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by lagospussi: 4:22pm On Aug 26, 2009
kill your step mother!
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by TheSeeker(m): 4:24pm On Aug 26, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Are you sure what you're thinking is what they meant? I'm assuming taking responsiblity is different from marrying.
Assuming that they didn't mean he'd marry her, but in what ways can a 20 year old boy, still a student, assume responsibility over a 47 year old woman? Who needs entitled to the responsibility? She's the step mother and should step aboard and do what's right.

@Poster, by the way, I thought Ekiti was the fountain of knowledge? Now I'm beginning to wonder
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by MrIndomie(m): 4:46pm On Aug 26, 2009
Seun:

Maybe what they mean is that you need to take care of her financial responsibilities.
Seun pls i sent u a mail.Can u help attend to it plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sad
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by mudes(m): 5:16pm On Aug 26, 2009
Seun:

Its not the financial responsibility.I mean, having her as my wife.This is in accordance with my village custom and tradition.For Christ sake, i am a christian
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by spikedcylinder: 5:22pm On Aug 26, 2009
TheSeeker:

Assuming that they didn't mean he'd marry her, but in what ways can a 20 year old boy, still a student, assume responsibility over a 47 year old woman? Who needs entitled to the responsibility? She's the step mother and should step aboard and do what's right.

Assuming they didn't mean he should marry her, they could have meant that since his dad is dead now, he's now the head of the family as most traditional families put it. It might not necessarily mean he should be in charge financially, or he should sleep with his step mother, they might just be putting him in a position to make decisions on behalf of the family and carry along his siblings.
Or something like that.
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by MrIndomie(m): 5:31pm On Aug 26, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Assuming they didn't mean he should marry her, they could have meant that since his dad is dead now, he's now the head of the family as most traditional families put it. It might not necessarily mean he should be in charge financially, or he should sleep with his step mother, they might just be putting him in a position to make decisions on behalf of the family and carry along his siblings.
Or something like that.

Yaawwwnnn It's possible sha heaved
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by spikedcylinder: 5:40pm On Aug 26, 2009
Will the story be more interesting to you if he's having sex with his step mother?
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by Sweetdoct247(m): 5:44pm On Aug 26, 2009
[color=#990000][/color] indeed if what u are saying is right the answer is simple dont do it. It will jeopardize ur future. Simply tell them NO! and stand on it. In fact ur stepmother must really be shameless to av even allowed such decision. What's your mom's reaction to this? In fact it's not logical to me aren't u suppose to marry ur mom too at least she's ur father's too. Are you sure u re not misinterpreting the elders or are u making this up? Anyway from which side of Ekiti are u? I spent many years there myself and never heard of such barbaric custom.
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by Ben13: 6:01pm On Aug 26, 2009
Seun:

correct
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by r231(m): 6:18pm On Aug 26, 2009
Seun:

from what money, he is a student
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by snokky(m): 9:52pm On Aug 26, 2009
Devil is there trying to steal the future of a young dude, a dude with a bright future for that matter.

Tell them say the woman is too old.

Tell them say make dem arrange some palmwine tapper and hunters for her, they can have time table.

Ore,  lets look at it this way. Assuming you have occasion to attend with your wife. Who will you take along? Your grandma at home abi?

Thank God u re a christian, so resist the devil and he shall flee, but i know this village pple very well,  they may want to use some

iwo and ofo nla to brainwash you. drop your email so i constantly check on you maybe every month end to see how u re doing

lol,

On a more serious note. U cant do that, u know the answer.  But play them with wisdom, so they wont harm u. like telling them to

allow u to finish your studies and all that, and when u re done with your studies, dont allow any1 of them from that your village know where u live sef, except your younger ones.

den dey craze.
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 26, 2009
Are you sure what you're thinking is what they meant? I'm assuming taking responsiblity is different from marrying

gbam.

If na marriage, na curse dem wan curse you oh. Better believe it.
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by thimbook2(m): 6:27pm On Sep 10, 2009
good luck to you

Se, dis no be 2009?

haba, and you entertained such ridiculous rants? May be, they'd never seen you taking a stand on anything definitive earlier on in life as a proof of what u truly believed, how you would wanna live your life or what kind of a man they could expect to see in you in the future,

guy, i
1. moved out of home @age 14
2. to follow the blueprint i drew up from a little while before that (don't blame me, i started reading novels @far back pry2, sitting around with elders and generally drawing some pretty hard line conclusions when my mates could hardly get their weenies out @ the johns unassisted then)
3. started making serious dough by ND2 in poly as a sales rep not too long after

>>>>forget my life history>>>>
back to you, wetin dem know u for?
how come dey think na u 47yr old cargo fit as a 20yr old guy in today's world
be wise o!
because, if u don't extricate yourself tactically and definitively from this mess, they could lay the foundations for marring your life for you!
Sharp up, Brace up, even if u have to "Cut-Out" and finish the rest of your educational career alone, in case they dont wanna see reason with you!
God will surely help you
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by topsy25(m): 11:25am On Sep 11, 2009
TheSeeker:

@Poster, by the way, I thought Ekiti was the fountain of knowledge? Now I'm beginning to wonder

The sick/sika abi wetin dem dey call you, u drink abi u drink the concursion wey u suppose take baff angry
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by estagirl(f): 1:54pm On Sep 11, 2009
is your step mother also ready to be your wife?(just want to know)
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by boomlogic(m): 4:39pm On Sep 11, 2009
Do not try to marry her. If your family people insist take them to court.

Because thay are trying to abuse your human right- Freedom of choice
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by bisotec(m): 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2009
Why are you lying?
If you have not seen anything to write about why not shut the f**k up.
In this 21st century, you are claiming some people want to lead you into leciration.
You story is a scrap take it to other forun.
Sh**t.
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by Easypizzy(f): 1:52pm On Oct 06, 2009
Try another story
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by tpia1: 6:10pm On Dec 17, 2012
21st century @ op.
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by tpia1: 9:23pm On Dec 17, 2012
mudes:

Its not the financial responsibility.I mean, having her as my wife.This is in accordance with my village custom and tradition.For Christ sake, i am a christian

Updates?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dealing With Mood Swings In Pregnancy / What A Man Can Do, A Woman Can Do Better. / I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.