Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,937 members, 7,814,178 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics (77816 Views)

First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS / Rehabilitation Work Commences At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport In Abuja. See Photos / Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Beamborla(f): 1:53pm On May 03, 2015
0ldirtybastard:

Beamborla. smiley
We meet again cheesy

Happy Sunday!
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Litmus: 1:55pm On May 03, 2015
those so-called passengers should all be arraigned, locked in a room and have a drill Sergent holler this at them:

At the mama-put we pressure the proprietor to give us our pennies-worth, that is the meaning of the term Mamaput. At a sophisticated restaurant, we demand to see the manager to complain at shoddy service, poor wine and scruffy waiter. We do not in the first instance rush to the kitchen of the Mamaput to shove the madam’s head into her cauldron of boiling soup because we felt short-changed. In the second instance, we do not, at the sophisticated restaurant, smash the bottle of wine, grab the neck of the jagged edged head, leap from table to table to the kitchen were we then proceed to stab the manager because we are not pleased with service. We do not act like the adult result of childhood spent in the aftermath of war where one might grow up without the primary socialization of parents then the secondary socialization of culture all wrecked by the war. For us as Nigerians there is no excuse for such wanton destruction of property. Property, which in any case does not belong to any one person but is collectively owned for the origin of said property lies in the suffering of people in the swamplands of delta state were oil companies have left their ruin.

We do not endanger the lives of innocent employees

We do not deprive the innocent employee of livelihood

1 Like

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by 0ldirtybastard(m): 2:08pm On May 03, 2015
Beamborla:
We meet again cheesy
Happy Sunday!
Where have you been?
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by 6fit(f): 3:04pm On May 03, 2015
Senate under d Buhari admin. Will make a law to legalise jungle justice. It d best measure for us Nigerians. Giving for protocol give d influencial avenue to bend d law
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by InvertedHammer: 3:27pm On May 03, 2015
Bollinger:

Are you 12? you are talking about now, when they have solved majority of their problems. The point is, at one time, they had governmental and social issues and they took the fight to the government, not private business. At the end of the day, your argument will still lead to my initial point of Nigeria's government"s inability to impose confidence in it's legal system which in turn forces it's masses to result to jungle justice. And where in my posts have i defended the anomalies in Nigeria as you put. You are defending your base instincts while i am pointing to the reasons why you are forced to result to it and why it is wrong. Just so we are clear.
/
Both of us acknowledged that the system is bad.
The question is: How do you assert your rights in a broken system where the judiciary and executives are highly compromised? You advocated that they follow it the civilized way. Well civilized way doesn't work in Nigeria and even in some cases in civilized society. E.g.. Baltimore riots that made the authorities prosecute the police officers. If the people of Baltimore had decided to go to court and call it business as usual, those officers would have walked. But when the city burned, the media got involved and the Fed sat up to their responsibilities.

Aero contractors Ltd. is a private company that carries on like they own people's money. You can take them to court, the case will last for three years. And you may end up losing the case bc of Nigerian factors. They know it. But just the thought of seeing their airplanes in flames will make them do business the right way or fold up. They know the right things to do. They just chose not to do it because there are no repercussions.
/

2 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by VickyRotex(f): 3:42pm On May 03, 2015
newfound2012:

trust me the airliners Would sit up after this incidence

Oh yea possibly, but trust me, there are better ways to handle it.
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Bollinger(m): 3:50pm On May 03, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
Both of us acknowledged that the system is bad.
The question is: How do you assert your rights in a broken system where the judiciary and executives are highly compromised? You advocated that they follow it the civilized way. Well civilized way doesn't work in Nigeria and even in some cases in civilized society. E.g.. Baltimore riots that made the authorities prosecute the police officers. If the people of Baltimore had decided to go to court and call it business as usual, those officers would have walked. But when the city burned, the media got involved and the Fed sat up to their responsibilities.

Aero contractors Ltd. is a private company that carries on like they own people's money. You can take them to court, the case will last for three years. And you may end up losing the case bc of Nigerian factors. They know it. But just the thought of seeing their airplanes in flames will make them do business the right way or fold up. They know the right things to do. They just chose not to do it because there are no repercussions.
/

Thank you for being the bigger person in starting a normal discuss. Realize this, an eye for an eye leaves everyone blind. I am also glad you mentioned Baltimore. We are facing a crisis of our own over here. Our crisis is the scourge of Liberals, lazy black people and the unfanthomable mistake of electing the first black president. It is a mistake that will forever hunt Americans. Granted all policemen are not saints but hooliganism has multiplied since Obama came into power. All that will change in the next election. The liberal democrats will not find it as easy to con us into voting for them again. You can already smell the change. Republicans swept the house in the last elections and the momentum will continue. This is my point. You hold elected representatives responsible, not private individuals and businesses. Just because we have more black thugs over here, does not mean i should pull out my Glock 42 and go about gunning down every black thug who destroys my property. Trust me, if the law abiding citizens of Baltimore wanted to, they could have started shooting down all the rioters. But what did they do? they let the authorities handle it because that is what normal people do. Did you criticize south africa for their xenophobia? Well guess what? What those people did to aero is the same thing south africans are doing, which is taking the law into their own hands just because they are frustrated with the system.
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by eazy222: 4:33pm On May 03, 2015
[quote author=Keneking post=33360076]Jonathan ....hope you can see the implications of incompetence of your government.[/quot

I c u dnt no anytin wht bring jonathan in dis case u urself hw do u control ur family pls tink b4 u talk
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by dewalyy(m): 4:33pm On May 03, 2015
Beamborla:
Hehehehehehe...
So 'agbero syndrome' no get class E dey everybody body No be only for garage/parks even airport dey experience gbege All you need do is press the right button grin

Eeyah! I feel for them. I'm on leave would have used my broom to transport as many as I can lipsrsealed
Hit like if you this guy don watch Harry poter tire

1 Like

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Beamborla(f): 4:59pm On May 03, 2015
dewalyy:

Hit like if you this guy don watch Harry poter tire
1. I'm not a guy lipsrsealed

2. I'm no fan of harry porter sad

3. Who clicked that like? angry cry
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Beamborla(f): 5:02pm On May 03, 2015
0ldirtybastard:

Where have you been?
Been very much around.
Hope you are good
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Bollinger(m): 5:02pm On May 03, 2015
Beamborla:
I did. ..what of it?
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Bollinger(m): 5:02pm On May 03, 2015
Beamborla:
I did. ..what of it?
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by InvertedHammer: 5:04pm On May 03, 2015
Bollinger:

Thank you for being the bigger person in starting a normal discuss. Realize this, an eye for an eye leaves everyone blind. I am also glad you mentioned Baltimore. We are facing a crisis of our own over here. Our crisis is the scourge of Liberals, lazy black people and the unfanthomable mistake of electing the first black president. It is a mistake that will forever hunt Americans. Granted all policemen are not saints but hooliganism has multiplied since Obama came into power. All that will change in the next election. The liberal democrats will not find it as easy to con us into voting for them again. You can already smell the change. Republicans swept the house in the last elections and the momentum will continue. This is my point. You hold elected representatives responsible, not private individuals and businesses. Just because we have more black thugs over here, does not mean i should pull out my Glock 42 and go about gunning down every black thug who destroys my property. Trust me, if the law abiding citizens of Baltimore wanted to, they could have started shooting down all the rioters. But what did they do? they let the authorities handle it because that is what normal people do. Did you criticize south africa for their xenophobia? Well guess what? What those people did to aero is the same thing south africans are doing, which is taking the law into their own hands just because they are frustrated with the system.
/
I am trying to come to terms with how xenophobia is tied to outright stealing by a company in your face and the same company turns around to surreptitiously tell customers to go fvck themselves. We can argue back and forth all day. We may end up boring other forumites.

I find it appalling that in all your submissions, you never condemned the action of the airline. You are quick to blame those who had the audacity to say "enough is enough".

By the way, I prefer Kimber1911 to Glock. If a black person or whoever steals from you and threatens you, you have every right to defend yourself.

Moving on, Airlines or corporate entities in USA get slammed all the time.through fines and lawsuit. That's why their reps sit up to avoid being "hit" where it hurts the most--their pockets. No one gets fined for doing the right thing the way it should be.done. So, I see nothing wrong in slamming the airlines and corporate entities where it hurts. Since people cannot take their grievances to court and taciturn approach does not cut it, what do you suggest?

Everything is negotiable. The issue is that the staff are too arrogant and rude. I bet you that a simple and honest explanation could have solved all these problems.

As inter alia stated, they deserved the beat down.
\
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Bollinger(m): 5:17pm On May 03, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
I am trying to come to terms with how xenophobia is tied to outright stealing by a company in your face and the same company turns around to surreptitiously tell customers to go fvck themselves. We can argue back and forth all day. We may end up boring other for forumites.
I find it appalling that in all your submissions, you never condemned the action of the airline. You are quick to blame those who had the audacity to say "enough is enough".
By the way, I prefer Kimber1911 to Glock.
\

If you ask an average South African why he is attacking fellow Africans he would tell you that he is fed up with other africans especially Nigerians, stealing their jobs, women, etc. If you ask one of the people who went on rampage at aero, he/she will tell you that they are fed up with aero taking them for granted. Do you see the similarities? In both situations, they took the law into their own hands. If you can condemn south africa, why can't you condemn those that went nuts at aero. So, it's not ok for south africans to take the law into their own hands but it's ok for Nigerians to do so?
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by InvertedHammer: 5:32pm On May 03, 2015
Bollinger:

If you ask an average South African why he is attacking fellow Africans he would tell you that he is fed up with other africans especially Nigerians, stealing their jobs, women, etc. If you ask one of the people who went on rampage at aero, he/she will tell you that they are fed up with aero taking them for granted. Do you see the similarities? In both situations, they took the law into their own hands. If you can condemn south africa, why can't you condemn those that went nuts at aero. So, it's not ok for south africans to take the law into their own hands but it's ok for Nigerians to do so?
/
There are a lot of injustices in the world.
Why do good people die? Why are Blacks treated with disdain? Why does God allow some bad things to happen to his people? Why? Why? Why?

You have to narrow it down. An airline took people's money, refused to fulfill their contractual obligations, kept.them waiting for more than 3 hrs without sending someone to explain what was going on and how they intend to ameliorate the situation. Like I said earlier, a simple explanation would have averted this problem.

An explanation that included scarcity of Jet-A1, apology and plan to refund all fares would have solved the situation. Heck. The weather was hot. The least the airline could have done was pass around complementary bottled water. A little thing goes a long way.

You don't.need a fancy degree to.manage a.Business well. Common sense.goes a long way.
/

1 Like

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Bollinger(m): 5:46pm On May 03, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
There are a lot of injustices in the world.
Why do good people die? Why are Blacks treated with disdain? Why does God allow some bad things to happen to his people? Why? Why? Why?

You have to narrow it down. An airline took people's money, refused to fulfill their contractual obligations, kept.them waiting for more than 3 hrs without sending someone to explain what was going on and how they intend to ameliorate the situation. Like I said earlier, a simple explanation would have averted this problem.

An explanation that included scarcity of Jet-A1, apology and plan to refund all fares would have solved the situation. Heck. The weather was hot. The least the airline could have done was pass around complementary bottled water. A little thing goes a long way.

You don't.need a fancy degree to.manage a.Business well. Common sense.goes a long way.
/

You are still buttressing my point. The end never justifies the means. If we all rationalize all of our actions, the world will be a very dangerous place. If a man steals from you tomorrow and in his escape shoots one of your siblings (God forbid) and he is caught, and he starts lamenting about how he had to because there is no job and he has to feed his family, would you listen. Does the fact that he has to feed his family justify his actions for stealing?

There is joke i once heard. There was a riot in town and this young man decided to join in. He saw this nice 2015 BMW driving towards him and he stops the car, beats up the owner saying, "you are one of the people stealing our money. It is my turn today". He jumps into the BMW and drives away, very pleased with himself. About a mile down the road, there is another group of rioters. They stop the car, pull him out, beat him up while saying "you are one of the people stealing our money. It is our turn today".

It never advisable to take the law into one's hands.
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by InvertedHammer: 6:03pm On May 03, 2015
Bollinger:

You are still buttressing my point. The end never justifies the means. If we all rationalize all of our actions, the world will be a very dangerous place. If a man steals from you tomorrow and in his escape shoots one of your siblings (God forbid) and he is caught, and he starts lamenting about how he had to because there is no job and he has to feed his family, would you listen. Does the fact that he has to feed his family justify his actions for stealing?

There is joke i once heard. There was a riot in town and this young man decided to join in. He saw this nice 2015 BMW driving towards him and he stops the car, beats up the owner saying, "you are one of the people stealing our money. It is my turn today". He jumps into the BMW and drives away, very pleased with himself. About a mile down the road, there is another group of rioters. They stop the car, pull him out, beat him up while saying "you are one of the people stealing our money. It is our turn today".

It never advisable to take the law into one's hands.
/
You continue to tap-dance around the issue.

First thing first, blame the airline. But you chose to carry on as if the airline is not culpable. You make it seem as if the airline staff were minding their business and some random folks walked up and beat them up.

It is called Customer service not customer servitude.
\
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Bollinger(m): 6:19pm On May 03, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
You continue to tap-dance around the issue.

First thing first, blame the airline. But you chose to carry on as if the airline is not culpable. You make it seem as if the airline staff were minding their business and some random folks walked up and beat them up.

It is called Customer service not customer servitude.
\

What issue. That it is ok to justify your actions by whatever means? that's never going to happen.
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by angelllla(f): 7:15pm On May 03, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
I am glad that you acknowledged that Nigeria is not a normal society. Most importantly, you found the system culpable.

And your omniscient Highness wants to apply the rules of sane societies to an abnormal society. Who is the fool now?

If there is no fuel, cancel the flight ahead of time, send bulk texts to intending passengers with apology and refund the fares. No! Airline operators want to cancel flights, retain the fares and throw rude staff in your face when you complain. And still your omniscient Highness wants people to gather around, blow some grammar and call it a day.

Nigeria remains the way it is because of people like you. Oh! I know your type. You will go home and beckon on God to fight for you in a case you could easily sort out yourself.

Next time, Aero staff will not be there. And when the trend continues, Aero will close shop. Business is about service delivery and not to rip customers off.

There you have it.
\
I absolutely agree with you on this, customer service is more or less non-existent in most of these airlines. I endured a frustrating 6 hours in Lagos airport last week Sunday waiting for an Arik Abuja-bound flight without any explanation whatsoever. After waiting till 9:45pm for a flight that was meant to be 4pm, I simply went back home and not even the staff that handed my luggage back to me offered an apology, they all just looked on like 'tough luck, try again'. How difficult is it to explain the true situation and apologize to your customers who are the reason you are in business! It beats me honestly! I have had to return from the airport again today because I missed my flight back to Lagos and 'there was no cashier to collect the rescheduling fee from me' at Abuja airport (according to the Arik staff, which she claimed was due to the high amounts of refunds they have had to pay thus making the cashiers run out of cash and leave their desks). This is a ticket that was paid for and not free; and I was even ready to pay the change fee, but yet again, they deny me from rescheduling my flight due to some flimsy reason that makes no sense whatsoever. And you needed to see the lady's expression, I'm like, seriously! It is really terrible and I must say in as much as I don't support violence, this serves Aero right, Arik had better watch out as they are sure to be next in line!

3 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by sonssyo: 7:15pm On May 03, 2015
Keneking:
Jonathan ....hope you can see the implications of incompetence of your government.

dat man is older dan u,he deserves little respect!!! remember wat goes around comes around.be wise!!!
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by RALPHOW(m): 7:37pm On May 03, 2015
I know it will get to this level.
Nigeria airline staff lack customer care.
Go to Europe/ UK even if you cancel flight there is a way to explain.
They ignore you like bus conductor
When they beat them up they we learn.
Airline should send their staff for Staff Care Training,
They are dealing with international people and should stop behaving like Ibadan market women.
I pray they survive and learn their lessons.
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Bifwoli: 7:48pm On May 03, 2015
Emeskhalifa:
Thts terrible

Wait till the goat herder takes over then the bygone Biafra skirmishes will seem like child's play.

GMB will set Nigeria on fire.
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by 0ldirtybastard(m): 8:15pm On May 03, 2015
Beamborla:
Been very much around. Hope you are good
Yeah, ms beamborla. smiley I hope you're happy.
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by innovestor(m): 8:15pm On May 03, 2015
.....waiting to hear similar story with Arik. Arik is even worse than Aero.

1 Like

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Beamborla(f): 8:16pm On May 03, 2015
Bollinger:

I did. ..what of it?
Oya kneel down and raise that stool close to you up.
Don't forget to close your eyes and leave your mouth open. angry
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Beamborla(f): 8:18pm On May 03, 2015
0ldirtybastard:

Yeah, ms beamborla. smiley
I hope you're happy.
Not happy.

Travelled from Jos to ABJ and I was made to sit between two 'plenty' women for 3hrs plus angry

I'm sure sardine and geisha must have felt sorry for me. cry
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Bollinger(m): 8:30pm On May 03, 2015
Beamborla:

Oya kneel down and raise that stool close to you up.
Don't forget to close your eyes and leave your mouth open. angry

Ok. . .what else?
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by activelyA(f): 8:36pm On May 03, 2015
Finally, Nigerians revolt against these people. They have really gone over board with this their incessant flight delays and postponement... sad sad aaaah they are just too annoying,at some point you just feel very helpless and stranded embarassed embarassed . Those people need change...very bad management. This fight is needed for their Lagos office too.

1 Like

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Beamborla(f): 8:36pm On May 03, 2015
Bollinger:

Ok. . .what else?
That's all for now
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Bollinger(m): 8:40pm On May 03, 2015
Beamborla:

That's all for now

Jesus! there actually are two of you? what are the odds?
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by 0ldirtybastard(m): 8:41pm On May 03, 2015
Beamborla:

Not happy.

Travelled from Jos to ABJ and I was made to sit between two 'plenty' women for 3hrs plus angry

I'm sure sardine and geisha must have felt sorry for me. cry

I'm sorry, ms. That's why a private car is needed in your life Asap.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers / See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO / What's The Best Skill To Learn Under 6 Months For Me To Migrate To Europe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.