Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,982 members, 7,814,344 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics (77818 Views)

First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS / Rehabilitation Work Commences At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport In Abuja. See Photos / Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Beamborla(f): 12:35am On May 03, 2015
colormebad:

Sorceress Na Advance Name For Witchcraft Nah!
Na the same thing we dey yarn abi you want to see a demo ni?
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by kinglekan: 12:36am On May 03, 2015
Beamborla:
GO AND SLEEP!!! undecided
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by eyinjuege: 12:38am On May 03, 2015
Violence is never the answer!!
By the way, aero is a useless airline. I remember in Dec '14 when my 4pm flight took off finally by 9.30pm. Not one single word of apology angry angry angry. I felt like slapping someone that day too sha, and it took extra willpower not to misbehave.

2 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Beamborla(f): 12:39am On May 03, 2015
kinglekan:

GO AND SLEEP!!! undecided
They seized power angry

I have to listen to the fan complain of not being left alone... It's my lullaby cry
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Beamborla(f): 12:41am On May 03, 2015
Phinity318:

Hahahaha.... grin
Got you! smiley

Fear fear tongue

1 Like

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by kinglekan: 12:41am On May 03, 2015
Beamborla:

They seized power angry

I have to listen to the fan complain of not being left alone... It's my lullaby cry

Just say u need my company. tongue
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Beamborla(f): 12:45am On May 03, 2015
kinglekan:

Just say u need my company. tongue
There is heat already lipsrsealed

Could you, pls, sing me a lullaby? sad
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by kinglekan: 12:48am On May 03, 2015
Beamborla:
There is heat already lipsrsealed

Could you, pls, sing me a lullaby? sad
I prefer to come do that in person. wink
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Nobody: 12:53am On May 03, 2015
This is what you get in a nation filled with barbarians. The police needs to take action when it is right. I hate that country in its primitiveness. shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry angry lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Beamborla(f): 12:56am On May 03, 2015
kinglekan:

I prefer to come do that in person. wink
We are nine in the room already angry

Pls, don't
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by kinglekan: 1:01am On May 03, 2015
Beamborla:
We are nine in the room already angry
Pls, don't
We could relocate to somewhr cozy. wink
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by colormebad(m): 1:02am On May 03, 2015
Beamborla:
Na Demo Go Sure Pass. Seeing Is.... U Knw Nah!
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Etidobassey: 1:04am On May 03, 2015
Y on earth would they treat people as animal. Provision for accommodation, dinner and breakfast will end the fight...

1 Like

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Empiree: 1:10am On May 03, 2015
onojaduru:
Immediately passengers heard the news, they mobbed airline staff, destroyed their printers and other properties. Aero staff, including luggage attendants ran for their dear lives.
And you people want change yet you behave like animal?. Are airline staff responsible for fuel scarcity?. They are just workers for God's sake.

Imagine this incident occurred in Arab country, you would call them barbaric, slaves and all sorts of names. You people are not ready for change. Govt need tough law and lock your behind in jail until you learn. Actually, in Western world, flights are cancelled as well for this same reason even though it's rare. But I dont think they go crazy like this. If you beat up a staff, you are simply guilty.

I understand the frustration, conditions and all that but it doesn't give passengers a platform to beat up airline staff. Those involved should be locked up. They should simply protest peacefully against the airline and let the govt settlement their differences.
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by abdussalam(m): 1:16am On May 03, 2015
Try First Nation Airline next time. They don't disappoint on schedule. Aero, Arik... are write-offs.

3 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by stagger: 1:19am On May 03, 2015
theV0ice:
Aero are actually useless.

In February, I had to cough out an extra 13k to reschedule a 6.50am flight to 10:35am because I got to the airport at 6:25am instead of 6:10am. The flight eventually left at 7:10am. There was nothing I didn't tell them.....the guys refused to budge despite me reminding them of delaying me on an evening flight by over 2 hours in December 2014 without compensation or apology.

Violence is not the way to go though. I pity those injured and wish the matter can be channeled properly so they can be sanctioned appropriately.

Enough of taking passengers for granted.

You missed the 40-minute cut off time. Whose fault is it? If you were abroad, would you be allowed on any aircraft when you should have boarded 40 mins before time?

Next time wake up early and leave your abode in good time.

3 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by mandax: 1:20am On May 03, 2015
kettykin:
Night bus £££*¥¥!!! Might help.
One nigeria for life

One Nigeria of madness incorporated - blood shed as the sign post.

The north and south areas of Nigeria must have witnessed more development than it is now if they were not amalgamated into one country.
The colonial master must be watching through HD now - and laughing out loud.
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Litmus: 1:24am On May 03, 2015
close the borders, importation of barbaric Congo behavior alert angry

Once, Nigerians would fight from morning to night without bloodshed, now man no fit rest with views of bloodshed. The character of the people is beginning to fulfill African stereotype as shown by South Africans. Police need to arrest those passengers and bong them up. They should all apear in court after and pay finds for the replacement of those equipments destroyed.

1 Like

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Nobody: 1:46am On May 03, 2015
IdiAmin1:
NAIJA and madness. Isn't there a better way to convey their message? Must we spill blood easily, are we vampires? Smh undecided

Are you for real? What better way could they have conveyed their anger? Grumble? No this was the best way. Next time Aero would do things correctly.
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by eleko1: 1:52am On May 03, 2015
I wonda ooo.Suppose the plane develop/get technical /mechanical fault Mid-air nkoh(May we not see evil)/are they gonna waka/treK home from the Airport due to fuel shortage?Niagra and impatient sha
VickyRotex:
Tell me, did this fight solve the issue? It only made it worse embarassed undecided
sad

2 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Nobody: 2:09am On May 03, 2015
IdiAmin1:
NAIJA and madness. Isn't there a better way to convey their message? Must we spill blood easily, are we vampires? Smh undecided
you won't understand their anger until you use any of these expensive flights and they keep changing their schedule anyhow with no respect for customers. no compensation, these aviation companies treat customers as trash right from when you pay for a ticket till you land.

3 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Nobody: 2:11am On May 03, 2015
Keneking:
Jonathan ....hope you can see the implications of incompetence of your government.
get a life!
in everything you must blame government!

you fyiok your ashi, KwanDom burst, you blame government.

3 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Nobody: 2:12am On May 03, 2015
domopps:
Nawao!

Fight here and there! See what PDP has caused in the country!

Cheeeers
buhari boys, Abuja to Lagos shows there are mostly APC since it's their state.
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Nobody: 2:14am On May 03, 2015
please, next time burn their planes with no casualties!! their scam don tire me!
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Nobody: 2:36am On May 03, 2015
Madam oceanic has destroyed aero finish
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by AMvanquish: 2:41am On May 03, 2015
theV0ice:
Aero are actually useless.

In February, I had to cough out an extra 13k to reschedule a 6.50am flight to 10:35am because I got to the airport at 6:25am instead of 6:10am. The flight eventually left at 7:10am. There was nothing I didn't tell them.....the guys refused to budge despite me reminding them of delaying me on an evening flight by over 2 hours in December 2014 without compensation or apology.

Violence is not the way to go though. I pity those injured and wish the matter can be channeled properly so they can be sanctioned appropriately.

Enough of taking passengers for granted.

I had the same experience , since then I have vowed never to take that their morning flight ever again.

1 Like

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by olajide8(m): 2:49am On May 03, 2015
The message of the people is being sent- maybe the wrong way, but it's being passed- for those that have stolen from nigerian's their heads would soon be on a pike*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Bollinger(m): 2:54am On May 03, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
No!

This is the best approach.
Nigerians don't pay attention to word of mouth.
Break a couple of heads, you will get some result immediately.

I don't think the passengers became unruly all of a sudden. They must have been asking questions that were met with nonchalant responses before things degenerated to this level.

Maybe next time they should ignite the airplane.
\

Sad. The reason Nigerians result to jungle justice is because of the country's inability to impose confidence in it's legal system. In normal societies those people would be ecstatic that this happened because lawsuits would flow like water which in turn would mean millionaires would be made overnight. The system has turned Nigerians to beastly animals like the above poster.

3 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by InvertedHammer: 3:05am On May 03, 2015
Bollinger:

Sad. The reason Nigerians result to jungle justice is because of the country's inability to impose confidence in it's legal system. In normal societies those people would be ecstatic that this happened because lawsuits would flow like water which in turn would mean millionaires would be made overnight. The system has turned Nigerians to beastly animals like the above poster.
/
I am glad that you acknowledged that Nigeria is not a normal society. Most importantly, you found the system culpable.

And your omniscient Highness wants to apply the rules of sane societies to an abnormal society. Who is the fool now?

If there is no fuel, cancel the flight ahead of time, send bulk texts to intending passengers with apology and refund the fares. No! Airline operators want to cancel flights, retain the fares and throw rude staff in your face when you complain. And still your omniscient Highness wants people to gather around, blow some grammar and call it a day.

Nigeria remains the way it is because of people like you. Oh! I know your type. You will go home and beckon on God to fight for you in a case you could easily sort out yourself.

Next time, Aero staff will not be there. And when the trend continues, Aero will close shop. Business is about service delivery and not to rip customers off.

There you have it.
\

12 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Litmus: 3:44am On May 03, 2015
This is not to suggest that just because others have it bad then we most accept mediocrity too but that things like this happens everywhere and behaving like animals just compounds the situation.

[img]http://images.bwbx.io/cms/2014-07-23/0723_chn_delays_970-630x420.jpg[/img]

China’s airports have long been known for frustratingly frequent flight delays. Just as maddening, there’s rarely a clear explanation offered for the holdups.

The lack of information has spawned a cottage industry of speculation on China’s Web, ranging from the mundane (the flight was delayed to allow a local official to catch his plane) to the spectacular (a possibly corrupt People’s Liberation Army general has attempted to flee China, as in a rumor that circulated earlier this month).

Those who fly China’s not-so-friendly skies are about to spend even more time grounded. “Passengers in east and central China will face mass flight delays until Aug. 15, the China Daily reported on July 22. At least the cause and culprit seem clearer this time: “Twelve airports were ordered to reduce scheduled flights by 25 percent due to large-scale People’s Liberation Army drills.”

China’s official English language paper cited as its source a report by news.cnr.cn, the website of China National Radio. National radio reporters, in turn, spoke to China’s civil aviation authority, which confirmed that delays are expected at Hongqiao and Pudong airports in Shanghai, as well as in major cities nearby, including Nanjing, Hangzhou, Hefei, Wuxi, Jinan, and Qingdao. Without mentioning the military directly, the authorities explained that the delays will be due to the “influence of high-frequency exercises by other users.”

The advance warning hasn’t appeased China’s long-suffering air commuters. “Under the guise of national security, they are putting their own interests above the national interest,” wrote one person on Sina Weibo (SINA) on Tuesday. “In fact, this also reflects the position of the people in the eyes of the army and the government. This happens because they not respect the people’s interests,” wrote an additional commenter earlier today, on the same site.

Last year a report by industry researcher FlightStats found airports in Beijing and Shanghai the worst in the world for on-time departures. Only two out of every 11 flights (18 percent) from Beijing Capital International Airport took off at the time scheduled, with roughly three out of 11 (29 percent) doing so at Shanghai Pudong International Airport. Third worst in the world was the airport in Istanbul, with a 38 percent on-time departure record, followed by Paris, with just under 60 percent taking off on time. By contrast, New York’s LaGuardia had about 72 percent of its flights leave on time.
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Bollinger(m): 3:44am On May 03, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
I am glad that you acknowledged that Nigeria is not a normal society. Most importantly, you found the system culpable.

And your omniscient Highness wants to apply the rules of sane societies to an abnormal society. Who is the fool now?

If there is no fuel, cancel the flight ahead of time, send bulk texts to intending passengers with apology and refund the fares. No! Airline operators want to cancel flights, retain the fares and throw rude staff in your face when you complain. And still your omniscient Highness wants people to gather around, blow some grammar and call it a day.

Nigeria remains the way it is because of people like you. Oh! I know your type. You will go home and beckon on God to fight for you in a case you could easily sort out yourself.

Next time, Aero staff will not be there. And when the trend continues, Aero will close shop. Business is about service delivery and not to rip customers off.

There you have it.
\

The rationalization of the insane.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers / See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO / What's The Best Skill To Learn Under 6 Months For Me To Migrate To Europe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.