Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,407 members, 7,861,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:36 AM

Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? (6112 Views)

My Brother's Fiancee Is An Ex-prostitute Have Slept With. Should I Tell / How Do I Tell Him That The Woman He Married Is A Marine Spirit? / Caught A Fellow Nigerian Woman Cheating On Her Husband . Can I Tell Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by SeanT21(f): 8:13am On Feb 05, 2009
When in doubt,TELL THE TRUTH!!

The truth always comes out!!
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by allboyz(m): 11:45am On Feb 05, 2009
SeanT21:

When in doubt,TELL THE TRUTH!!

The truth always comes out!!

Hmm . . .yes it does. . .But the situation is just leaving me speechless
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by Moyola(f): 11:50am On Feb 05, 2009
Oh ma lipsrsealed
Jus tell him d truth! undecided
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by FBS: 12:32pm On Feb 05, 2009
allboyz:

Hmm . . .yes it does. . .But the situation is just leaving me speechless
@allboyz, kai. . .no be only you. actually had to read the post twice. How do one actually get himself in that situation? still speechless

@poster, you have to say the truth. This issue is not about white/black or staying in europe but by being truthful to the one that has stood by you.

PS: still speechless, honestly.
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by ifyalways(f): 12:46pm On Feb 05, 2009
what is there to be speechless abt?abeg lets just be realistic.
This lady here have said the truth and its quite understandable.she needed a stay,she needed someone to support her and her family,she needed to marry too so 
wud it have been better if she missed this guy cos of the family them maybe end up in the streets cos she wants to be 100% truthful?wud she marry her brothers at the long last?
Not saying what she did is accepted but given the choices what cud she have done?what wud "u" have done if u were in her shoes?its not like shes abandoned her family anyway,she lied to make things better for them.
@Plap,dont tell him yet jare.what he does not know wont hurt him and if the truths gonna hurt u,keep shut.
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by FBS: 12:56pm On Feb 05, 2009
ifyalways:

This lady here have said the truth and its quite understandable.she needed a stay,she needed someone to support her and her family,she needed to marry too so 
wud it have been better if she missed this guy cos of the family them maybe end up in the streets cos she wants to be 100% truthful?wud she marry her brothers at the long last?
Not saying what she did is accepted but given the choices what cud she have done?what wud "u" have done if u were in her shoes?its not like shes abandoned her family anyway,she lied to make things better for them.
@Plap,dont tell him yet jare.what he does not know wont hurt him and if the truths gonna hurt u,keep shut.
Your advise is the very reason homes break up and everyone is starts to wonder why? you say don't tell him yet? pray you tell us when is the best time to say the truth, when he finds out from someone else?
Why would you lie to someone supporting you? what if he finds out?
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by ifyalways(f): 1:03pm On Feb 05, 2009
FBS:

Your advise is the very reason homes break up and everyone is starts to wonder why? you say don't tell him yet? pray you tell us when is the best time to say the truth, when he finds out from someone else?
Why would you lie to someone supporting you? what if he finds out?
. . .and who is the someone else that wud tell him?
what if she tells him NOW and the marriage breaks up?shes not working yet and shes got a family at home depending on her.what wud happen to her,the kids and all the folks depending on her?The possibilty of him finding out now is slim,the possibilty of her getting kicked out cos of the so-called truth is high so 
i asked u ,what wud u have done if u were in her shoes then?
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by amebono14: 1:07pm On Feb 05, 2009
dis is d problem we naijas have,is it a must to have a stay,so becos of stay u sold ur family

jeeezz if it were a man its understandable,but a woman haba

paper no be by force,obodo oyibo no be everybody

arrrggggggg angry
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by amebono14: 1:10pm On Feb 05, 2009
ifyalways:

what if she tells him NOW and the marriage breaks up?shes not working yet and shes got a family at home depending on her.what wud happen to her,the kids and all the folks depending on her?The possibilty of him finding out now is slim,the possibilty of her getting kicked out cos of the so-called truth is high so

ify he relates with her siblings well,those ones she cals cousin might slip their tongue someday

some secrets should be kept,but dis particular secret shouldnt be held back,if he finds out,she might loose everything shes worked so hard for dis past years
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by FBS: 1:14pm On Feb 05, 2009
ifyalways:

thank you amebo no 1 (you are certainly answering your name grin).
@ify
you utmostly dont understand what is called life. Things happen when you least expect. So she sits tight and comfortable now and bang, he gets to find out (don't ever under estimate that possibility), when she obviously thinks all is settled. She is thrown out and comes back to square one. Is that what you are advising?

What is the big deal in telling him the truth, moreso that she herself is not finding it comfortable, shait, why did she post the matter if its not boring her?
Let her get the burden off her shoulders and what will be will be. Her husband will not stop loving her because she has 20 brother/sisters, but because she lied to him about it. There is a big difference.
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by amebono14: 1:23pm On Feb 05, 2009
FBS:

thank you amebo no 1 (you are certainly answering your name grin).

grin grin grin
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by Hauwa1: 1:41pm On Feb 05, 2009
poster should start looking for a job now, i know it maybe hard with you having small kids. in case you tell him or your siblings does and he leaves.

na wah! so oyinbo dey fear our large family? maybe if the family is stinky rich, oyinbo won't be afraid.
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by FBS: 2:05pm On Feb 05, 2009
*Hauwa*:

poster should start looking for a job now, i know it maybe hard with you having small kids. in case you tell him or your siblings does and he leaves.

na wah! so oyinbo dey fear our large family? maybe if the family is stinky rich, oyinbo won't be afraid.
one should not look at it from that angle that the guy is white or not. He is a human being that deserves to know the truth. end of story. Put yourself in his shoes, what would you have done, knowing that your wife lied to you?
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by JJYOU: 3:03pm On Feb 05, 2009
@plap, sorry this is eating you up. they say it is easier to tell truth than tell a lie.

solution to this is very simple let them know you are not working and unlike some other people you dont have a dozen hookers making money for you in europe streets.

only your mum is important in this matter. you should help her along with the help coming from your sister and the rest. it should not be only you and your hubby's burden. all you women lib movement you see what you have caused? we never used to depend on daughters for feeding.

get your sister in europe to help out too.
your elder brother is not your responsibility. learn to ignore him and tell your husband exactly that too. he should be told to grow up and stop gambling like there is no tomorrow.

on the team plus 2 reserve bench, you are not their parents so technically not your wahala but i can see why telling now is going to create some problem. walk this rope carefully.

i normally charge for this but i will give you this free on this occassion. try being nice and go the extra kindness mile until you come out clean. by this i mean no matter whatever he does from now you will/ must ignore to the point he owes you a lot. it may be hard but knowing you neeed the bridge yourself walk it.

you may also need to talk to your people that you cant afford to feed them and your family. and make sure you wean them of his money. they survived without it before they will survive again. i cant understand why some people dont have respect for their kids
FBS:

one should not look at it from that angle that the guy is white or not. He is a human being that deserves to know the truth. end of story. Put yourself in his shoes, what would you have done, knowing that your wife lied to you?
she is not hiding her own child/ren for goodness sake. these are people she should never be responsible for in the first place. these people are unique. i dont want to say what i think of them.

putting a young girl under pressure should never be permitted
*Hauwa*:

she shouldnt look for no job. her kids are young. she should cut off the funds they send home. she has another sister who can easily take that responsibility if comes to that.

on a day like this i thank God for my mum and dad.
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by plappville(f): 3:20pm On Feb 05, 2009
Well i thank u all for throwing in one or two words, actually i didn't sold my family birth right like some u are saying, I did what i did for my betterness and for theirs, if u must know, i am the 11th child of the family, i am senior to two people only, Dad was that strugling fellow befor he died, he was well to do but after his death, things became very tough for us, expecially we the younger once, Do u know how painful it is to have a senior once whom were never there for u when u were young?? I droped out of school because i have no one to help. Today i sacrefies my trust and confident just to make things work out for them and some of u are saying, I sold my family out. shocked It's true that he who wear the shoes knows where it pinches, My question is for those wise, wisdom and matured people.

amebo no.1:

dis is d problem we naijas have,is it a must to have a stay,so becos of stay u sold ur family

jeeezz if it were a man its understandable,but a woman haba

paper no be by force,obodo oyibo no be everybody

arrrggggggg angry

U don't understand, i saw hall and pains befor i left Nigeria, i ve always wished to study fear but i couldn't becos of lack of fund, dad wasn't there to help and the senior once weren't ready to help as they were been lazy to work. So i got the opportunity to make a good living for me and still extend it to them and u want me to throw it in the dustbin?? think befor u talk.

@ IFY i know u do understand the situation, thank u for ur advice, i will keep praying that God will make hubby understand the reason why i told him lies, but i don't know when i will do this. If it is God's wish for him to leave me so be it, but if it is not, he will only distrust me.

@ everybody, i am not here to exposed my family because i know how some members insulted me once for bring family matters here, if u ve bordens and needed to do away wit it, u ve to share it with people, and beside's this is a family section so i see nothing wrong in posting my worries here as long as i can get releaf of it.
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by plappville(f): 3:33pm On Feb 05, 2009
JJYOU:

@plap, sorry this is eating you up. they say it is easier to tell truth than tell a lie.

solution to this is very simple let them know you are not working and unlike some other people you dont have a dozen hookers making money for you in europe streets.

only your mum is important in this matter. you should help her along with the help coming from your sister and the rest. it should not be only you and your hubby's burden. all you women lib movement you see what you have caused? we never used to depend on daughters for feeding.

get your sister in europe to help out too.
your elder brother is not your responsibility. learn to ignore him and tell your husband exactly that too. he should be told to grow up and stop gambling like there is no tomorrow.

on the team plus 2 reserve bench, you are not their parents so technically not your wahala but i can see why telling now is going to create some problem. walk this rope carefully.

i normally charge for this but i will give you this free on this occassion. try being nice and go the extra kindness mile until you come out clean. by this i mean no matter whatever he does from now you will/ must ignore to the point he owes you a lot. it may be hard but knowing you neeed the bridge yourself walk it.

you may also need to talk to your people that you cant afford to feed them and your family. and make sure you wean them of his money. they survived without it before they will survive again. i cant understand why some people dont have respect for their kids she is not hiding her own child/ren for goodness sake. these are people she should never be responsible for in the first place. these people are unique. i dont want to say what i think of them.

putting a young girl under pressure should never be permittedshe shouldnt look for no job. her kids are young. she should cut off the funds they send home. she has another sister who can easily take that responsibility if comes to that.

on a day like this i thank God for my mum and dad.

Thank u for this wonderful words, my old woman is kind, she has never been a borden, she desarve even more.
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by JJYOU: 3:41pm On Feb 05, 2009
plappville:

Thank u for this wonderful words, my old woman is kind, she has never been a borden, she desarve even more.
plappville:

U don't understand, i saw hall and pains befor i left Nigeria, i ve always wished to study fear but i couldn't becos of lack of fund, dad wasn't there to help and the senior once weren't ready to help as they were been lazy to work. So i got the opportunity to make a good living for me and still extend it to them and u want me to throw it in the dustbin?? think befor u talk.

@ everybody, i am not here to exposed my family because i know how some members insulted me once for bring family matters here, if u ve bordens and needed to do away wit it, u ve to share it with people, and beside's this is a family section so i see nothing wrong in posting my worries here as long as i can get releaf of it.
learn to ignore some people here. if travelling was easy every fowl do we do chicken in naija now? would have travelled. take care of yourself and do whatever you need to do to have a happy blessed family. some idiots here steal and kill and dont feel guilty about it.
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by FBS: 3:43pm On Feb 05, 2009
JJYOU:

she is not hiding her own child/ren for goodness sake. these are people she should never be responsible for in the first place.  these people are unique. i dont want to say what i think of them.

@JJyou, whoever said she is hiding her children? we are talking about the guy that stood with her. supporting her. doesn't he deserve her trust?
@plappville, certainly you are not looking for people to tell you on NL that what you have done is right? no one is comdemning you (everyone has stuffs in the closet) but that dont mean we should tell you not to say the truth.
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by plappville(f): 3:54pm On Feb 05, 2009
FBS:

@JJyou, whoever said she is hiding her children? we are talking about the guy that stood with her. supporting her.
@plappville, certainly you are not looking for people to tell you on NL that what you have done is right? no one is comdemning you (we all over our stuffs in the closet) but that dont mean we should tell you not to say the truth.

I am ok in telling the truth, that was the reason why i came here, what i am not sure of is the ourcome of telling it, all Dsame thks for ur concern.
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by FBS: 3:59pm On Feb 05, 2009
plappville:

I am ok in telling the truth, that was the reason why i came here, what i am not sure of is the ourcome of telling it, all Dsame thks for ur concern.
no one is certain of the outcome. Be wise and God will give you wisdom to deal with the situation.
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by JJYOU: 4:08pm On Feb 05, 2009
plappville:

relax my dear sister. if nigeria had just 5% of people like you that feel guilty over matters like this it would have been a better place.

the devil has a way of magnifying things like this. relax God always see to it that you are okay
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by tRoOE(f): 5:32pm On Feb 05, 2009
plappville you've got serious issue
First ur sister is jealous of u
2nd your older brother is lazy and depends on your husband
now you have 11 sibling
I just loff Nland grin grin grin
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by plappville(f): 7:10pm On Feb 05, 2009
tRoOE:

plappville you've got serious issue
First ur sister is jealous of u
2nd your older brother is lazy and depends on your husband
now you have 11 sibling
I just loff Nland grin grin grin

What is ur headache? don't u ve serious issues also? by the way did i tell u my sister is jealous of me? it was some of u NL amebo, olofofo number1 members that concluded it that way.
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by Hauwa1: 10:37pm On Feb 05, 2009
Plapp,
listen to what JJYOU said okay. face your relationship with husband and kids. i don't blame you at all i only blamed our parents for birthing so many
children. you are the 11th, you should be enjoying yourself and not put in the burden of older ones on you. for now face helping your mom. when you eventually have job then help the last two. the rest are older than you so don't bother that much.

again try as much as possible to make sure your husband is not helping waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. maybe seasonal/occassional help.

focus on your marriage and don't do anything that might bring a burden to yourself. remember you have kids. what's important is them and them alone. and if hubby money is going a long way making your children live a great life, why do something to end it? so careful and tread softly.

don't carry sibling headache put for your head. let your husband do small not big big o.
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by Treetop20(m): 10:55pm On Feb 05, 2009
do not tell him anything for now
i can understand your situation and why you did
what you had to do. focus on your kids and husband
and much later you can let him know the truth. never
listen to anyone who says anything bad about you on this
i wish you the best
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by tope2000(f): 11:00pm On Feb 05, 2009
Treetop20:

i wish you the best

Best advice so far cheesy grin
Everybody is too quick to judge, u not in her shoes undecided
She knows her family more than us
however if this is really eating you, i suggest u tell the TRUTH wink
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by Treetop20(m): 11:03pm On Feb 05, 2009
tope2000:

Best advice so far cheesy grin
Everybody is too quick to judge, u not in her shoes undecided
She knows her family more than us
however if this is really eating you, i suggest u tell the TRUTH wink
i really do not think she should now
she feels bad, i understand but she has to
tell him when it will not mean as much
that is the key. i do not blame her for anything
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by KarmaMod(f): 2:19am On Feb 06, 2009

Abi o. Dont know what's "speechless" about this.

JJYou is the only sane reply in all this
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by spoilt(f): 5:48am On Feb 06, 2009
You should have just told the truth from the get go. undecided Introduce every single person down to the last born, gorimapa. grin . If he doesnt like your African connection, too bad!! Let him take a hike. grin
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by FBS: 10:17am On Feb 06, 2009
KarmaMod:

you ppl are funny for her with your useless advises. You want her to continue to hide a "harmless" truth. The longer she holds it, the harder for her to reveal.
Ladies, is that how you keep your home? hiding the truth from your husbands?
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by love4ucr(f): 10:27am On Feb 06, 2009
FBS:

you ppl are funny for her with your useless advises. You want her to continue to hide a "harmless" truth. The longer she holds it, the harder for her to reveal.
Ladies, is that how you keep your home? hiding the truth from your husbands?

no one is telling her not to tell but atleast she should get a job, be able to provide for herself and kids just incase he decides to end it OK! undecided
Re: Can I Tell Him The Truth Now? by plappville(f): 10:37am On Feb 06, 2009
*Hauwa*:

Plapp,
listen to what JJYOU said okay. face your relationship with husband and kids. i don't blame you at all i only blamed our parents for birthing so many
children. you are the 11th, you should be enjoying yourself and not put in the burden of older ones on you. for now face helping your mom. when you eventually have job then help the last two. the rest are older than you so don't bother that much.

again try as much as possible to make sure your husband is not helping waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. maybe seasonal/occassional help.

focus on your marriage and don't do anything that might bring a burden to yourself. remember you have kids. what's important is them and them alone. and if hubby money is going a long way making your children live a great life, why do something to end it? so careful and tread softly.

don't carry sibling headache put for your head. let your husband do small not big big o.

Abi oo, can u imagin? this habit of our senior africa siblins whom are dependent for all their life is very bad, a senior borther who have all the best treatment and education from his parents when things was good could not even try to make a good living for his younger once instead trying to make life miserable for them.

U know what, even if u cry on phone to explain things they will tell u that u are not ashame that u are married to a white man and will be compareing u to neighbours they know whom her white husband build mantion for her family shocked, all fingers are not equal.

my husband is still very young and haven't got that kind of money, I know two 9ja girls here that are married to white and could not even shop for themselves how much more sending a penny home for their family, they told me their siblins will not kill them because they don't have to give.

I think it all depends on the kind of family, anyway i ve taken a stronge decition on this issue, because i can't continue like this. this decition will only affect those whom are ungreatful and are never ready to do something good with their life but to sit down and use their phone to pist me off.

Treetop20:

i wish you the best

thanks for this wonderful advice, it's indeed helpful.

KarmaMod:

you are right, but u also gave wonderful contributions, i do appreciates.

spoilt:

You should have just told the truth from the get go. undecided Introduce every single person down to the last born, gorimapa. grin . If he doesnt like your African connection, too bad!! Let him take a hike. grin

It's easy to say when u dont understand, there is no gorimapa in the family ok.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Dad Broke My Virginity & Continued To Sleep With Me- Female Student Reveals / Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! / Family Home: Camberwall (cofo) PROMO Abijo GRA - Beautiful Lagos Land & Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.